- » Egg Frosting
Egg Frosting Recipes
Enjoy our collection of egg frosting recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for egg frosting recipes.
Burnt Sugar Cake With Caramel Frosting
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Take two 8-by-1 1/2-inch round layer-cake pans and grease and flour them nicely.
3) Take a waxed paper and sift together baking powder, soda and salt. Keep aside.
3) First make Caramel Syrup- Take an... - 45.1004
Seven Minute Fluff Frosting
Let your taste-buds savor the extraordinary with this Seven Minute Fluff. Follow this easy recipe for Seven Minute Fluff and take delight in enjoying every bite of it! - 42.4536
Lane Cake Frosting
1.Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
2.In a large bowl, mix cooked eggs, green pepper, onion, garlic, butter or margarine, pimiento, chilli sauce, salt, pepper and American cheese.
3.Take the buns and dig the lower half of each.
4.Take the... - 40.7803
1. In a saucepan, add sugar, water, salt and vinegar, blend well.
2. Heat the mixture over medium flame, stirring constantly until clear.
3. Then stop stirring and cook until the mixture forms a thin thread when dropped from spoon.
4. Beat in egg... - 38.9913
1) In a saucepan, add sugar and water to boil without stirring.
2) Continue boiling the syrup until it spins a thread.
3) Beat egg whites and mix the syrup slowly into the egg mixture.
4) Add flavoring and baking powder; beat the mixture to a smooth... - 37.798
Devil's Food Cake Frosting
1) In a bowl, mix sugar and flour.
2) Add beaten eggs and milk to this.
3) Continue to add dates and butter.
4) Cook this mix, until thick.
5) Finally, add vanilla and nuts.
6) Cool the frosting and spread on cake, as desired. - 36.883
Dairy Free Peppermint Frosting
1) In a bowl, blend the cream of tartar, egg whites and salt together at high speed until soft peaks form.
2) Slowly beat in the sugar until the mixture is glossy.
3) Then gradually beat in the vanilla and corn syrup.
4) Add the peppermint extract and... - 36.8023
1) In the top portion of a double boiler, combine sugar, corn syrup, water, egg whites, cream of tartar and salt.
2) Cook this over boiling water for 7 minutes, beating until soft peaks form in the mixture.
3) Now, remove from heat.
4) Add vanilla and... - 36.3538
Seven Minute Frosting
1) Take a large double boiler and place a mixture of egg whites, salt and water at room temperature on top of it.
2) Boil the water.
3) Beat the mixture of egg whites thoroughly until it becomes foamy.
4) Lower the heat.
5) Take an electric beater and... - 35.5752
Add salt and part of the sugar gradually, blending after each addition.
Add remaining sugar, alternately with the egg whites first, then with the cream, until of the right consistency for spreading.
Beat after each addition until smooth.
Add... - 33.8751
7 Minute Frosting
1) In the top portion of a double boiler, combine the egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar and water.
2) With an electric mixer, beat on high speed for a minute.
3) Place over the boiling water and beat again on high speed for 7 minutes.
4) Remove the... - 33.7821
Basic Continental Frosting
Mix the first three ingredients together in the top of a double boiler and stir in the milk and slightly beaten egg.
Whisk and cook over boiling water until thick and smooth.
If mixture lumps, beat with a rotary beater, then cool to room temperature.
Beat... - 33.4411
Sift sugar and cream of tartar through a very fine sieve.
Add the egg Whites and mix all together, using a slotted spoon or a wire whip.
Continue mixing for about 3 min.
Add the flavoring.
Spread a thin layer over the top and sides of the cake to set the... - 33.3553
Sea Foam Frosting
1) In a double boiler, combine all ingredients except vanilla and using an electric beater, beat it for a minute.
2) Cook the mixture, beating constantly until frost form stiff peak , about 7 minutes.
3) Replace it from heat and put it in mixing... - 33.3404
1) Place the sugar and water into a saucepan.
2) Place the saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
3) Wash down the sides of the pan with a clean pastry brush dipped in water to remove every grain of sugar that... - 33.1433
Brown Sugar Fluffy Frosting
1) In the top of a double boiler, place together brown sugar, egg whites, water, corn syrup, tartar, salt and mace.
2) Using and electric hand blender, beat until well-blended.
3) Heat over simmering water and cook, beating constantly at high speed, 10... - 33.1064
Egg Chocolate Frosting
Combine ingredients in order given.
Then beat with a hand or electric beater until stiff enough to spread (about 5 min.).
If weather is warm, set bowl of, frosting in a bowl of ice or ice water, and beat.
Or chill in refrigerator before beating.
Frosts tops... - 32.4186
Harvest Moon Frosting
1) In a double boiler set-up, add in the eggs, sugar and water.
2) Beat the mixture well. Place the bowl over a pot of boiling water.
3) Cook the mixture for 7 minutes, while beating continously. The frosting must form peaks by the end.
4) Take the... - 32.374
Seven Minute Frosting
1. In a 1-quart measuring cup, put together sugar, cream of tartar and water.
2. Cook on High for 4-1/2 minutes; stirring after 2 minutes of cooking time.
3. Add 3 eggs and beat until soft peaks are formed.
4. Slowly add the syrup, with mixer on high... - 32.279
Dissolve instant coffee in water; then add vanilla.
Gradually beat in sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
Blend in chocolate and coffee.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating until light and fluffy after each. - 32.2423
In a small mixer bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
Gradually add sugar and salt; beat until stiff peaks form.
In a small saucepan, heat corn syrup to boiling.
Slowly pour hot corn syrup over beaten egg whites, beating constantly.
Add peppermint extract and... - 32.1613
1. Take a heavy bottomed pan, place on low heat with ½ a cup of water and sugar.
2. Dissolve the sugar on low heat without stirring.
3. Prepare a cream of tartar paste with 1 teaspoon water and add to sugar syrup.
4. Place a candy thermometer in the... - 31.9488
Banana Kahlua Frosting
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and whip in the confectioners' sugar.
In a double boiler beat the eggs, sugar, flour, salt, liqueurs and chocolate.
Cook 10 minutes, cool.
Whip into the cream and butter.
Frost cakes. - 31.9044
Lemon Cream Frosting
1. In a bowl, take butter or margarine. Beat it well to cream it.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and again beat it well to make a smooth consistency. If the cream seems too stiff, add a few drops of hot water so that it can be spread easily.
... - 31.5384
American Icing Or Frosting
1.In the top of a double broiler, put castor sugar, egg whites, water, cream of tartar or lime juice essence and salt.
2.Heat the ingredients on simmering water.
3.Us ea rotary beater and blend for 5- 7 minutes until the mixture rises on raising the... - 31.2643
Honey Egg White Frosting
1) In a saucepan, pour in honey and heat over low fire for 8 minutes.
2) Remove from heat and allow cooling.
3) In a bowl, add egg whites to beat to stiff.
4) Gradually pour in honey and beat the egg whites until thick.
5) Drizzle in flavoring.
6) Add... - 31.0808
Fluffy White Frosting
In top part of double boiler combine egg whites, sugar, salt, water, and syrup.
Put over boiling water and beat with rotary beater or electric mixer for 7 minutes, or until mixture will stand in stiff peaks.
Add vanilla. - 30.8813
1) In a shallow dish, put egg white.
2) Gradually add sugar to it and beat with wire whip until the mixture gets right consistency to spread.
3) Add vanilla.
4) Use the mixture to spread on cake. - 30.4854
Egg And Dairy Free Chocolate Frosting
1) In a bowl, mix the cocoa powder, salt, vanilla, sugar and margarine together, beat well.
2) Gradually stir in the milk substitute until the frosting acquires a spreading consistency.
3) Stir in a little more milk substitute, if required.... - 30.3466
Seven Minute Frosting
Place all ingredients except vanilla in top of double boiler.
Beat 1 minute with electric mixer or rotary beater.
Set over boiling water, and beat constantly with rotary or electric beater until mixture forms peaks, about 7 minutes.
Remove from heat, and add... - 30.1443
Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is clear.
Cook, without stirring, until mixture reaches soft ball stage or candy thermometer registers 240°.
Beat egg whites at high speed of an... - 29.978
Sea Foam Frosting
1. For the sea foam frosting, add all the ingredients except vanilla in a mixing bowl and cook it on a double boiler (a pot with simmering water which touches the base of the bowl) and mix thoroughly for about 7 minutes or until it starts holding up in... - 29.8672
1. In a pan, mix all the ingredients well.
2. In a double boiler, cook it after setting it over hot water. Keep stirring it constantly.
3. In a bowl, take the mixture once done and keep it aside to cool.
4. Beat it by hand or blend it in an electric... - 29.818
Put the sugar, egg whites, cream of tartar and water into a bowl and set over a pan of simmering water.
Beat until stiff peaks form, which will take anything from 4 to 8 minutes.
Remove from the heat, add the vanilla and beat until the frosting is a good... - 29.5528
Classic Decorative Frosting
1. Beat the egg white with the sugar, vanilla and cream of tartar until the mixture is stiff and holds up in sharp peaks when the beater is withdrawn.
2. Tint with food coloring if desired.
3. Force it through decorating tubes to make the desired designs. - 29.4613
Brown Sugar Frosting
1) In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
2) In a double boiler, cook for 10 minutes, beating frequently. You can add confectioners sugar, if frosting is not thick enough.
3) Use as required. - 29.1306
1. Using a rotary beater or electric beater, beat egg white with sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt atop a double broiler to a frothy, thoroughly blended mixture.
2. Place above boiling water and beating steadily, cook the mixture until stiff peaks... - 28.2837
1. In the medium bowl of an electric mixer, tip in the egg whites and beat them with the cream of tartar till the egg whites are stiff and white.
2. Gradually add the confectioner-€™s sugar to the bowl and beat continuously till the frosting is... - 27.9857
Combine chocolate, sugar, salt and 3 tablespoons water; cook until smooth.
Cool slightly; add egg yolks, one at a time.
Cool thoroughly; add whipped cream.
Spread between layers and on top of torte.
Chill for 4 to 8 hours. - 27.4887
Seven Minute Frosting
1. Take a deep bowl, add egg white, sugar, salt, water and cream of tartar to it.
2. Using an electric hand beater or rotary beater, beat the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Keep the bowl on a pan having hot water and continue beating for about 7... - 27.258
Combine sugar, water, and cream of tartar, and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
Cook without stirring to 260°F., or until a little of the mixture dropped in cold water forms a hard ball.
Cook to 270°F if day is cloudy.
Beat egg whites until... - 27.1829
Double Boiler Frosting
Combine egg whites, sugar, water, and corn syrup in top of double boiler, beating with a hand beater until thoroughly mixed.
Place over rapidly boiling water and beat constantly with hand beater, cooking for 7 min., or until icing stands in a peak on... - 27.1738
Combine first 4 ingredients in saucepan.
Cook, without stirring, until a little of the mixture dropped in very cold water forms a soft ball (240°F on a candy thermometer).
Meanwhile, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
Add syrup slowly to egg whites,... - 26.5539
Fluffy White Frosting
1. In medium bowl set over 3- to 4-quart saucepan filled with 1 inch simmering water (double boiler top or bowl should sit about 2 inches above water), with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites, sugar, water, lemon juice, if using, corn syrup, and cream of... - 26.4501
Four Minute Snow Frosting
Combine first 4 ingredients in top of small double boiler and beat with a hand beater until well mixed.
Place over rapidly boiling water and beat constantly with hand beater for 4 min., or until icing will stand in peaks at end of beater.
Remove, add vanilla,... - 26.429
1. Take a medium sized bowl and mix beaten egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla and honey.
2. Gradually add milk and keep beating till egg whites reach stiff peak stage and glossy in appearance. You can add colour while beating to get a desired... - 25.7483
1. In a bowl, take egg whites and salt. Whisk it till it becomes stiff.
2. Pour honey over it and beat it vigorously for 15 minutes until it becomes stiff. If using an electric beater, do it for 6 minutes.
3. Use Honey Frosting like... - 25.478
Easy Fluffy Frosting
Beat egg whites with salt until stiff, but not dry.
Pour corn syrup in fine stream over egg whites, beating constantly with a hand or electric beater 10 to 15 min., or until of spreading consistency.
Frosts tops and sides of two 8" or 9"... - 25.3999
Five Minute Snowy White Frosting
1. Combine sugar, water, cream of tartar and salt in 2-cup glass measure.
2. Microwave 4 to 5 minutes on med.high (Roast), or until mixture boils (about 200°F.).
3. Beat 3 egg whites in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually pour in hot syrup;... - 25.3689
Mountain Snow Frosting
Bring the corn syrup to a boil.
Beat egg whites until soft peaks are formed add salt.
Into this egg mixture gradually pour in syrup.
Continue to beat until frosting is fluffy and of a spreading consistency.
This will fill and frost two 8 layers. - 25.3407
Sugarless Double Boiler Frosting
Combine egg whites, corn syrup, and salt in top of double boiler, beating with a hand beater until thoroughly mixed.
Place over rapidly boiling water and beat constantly with hand beater, cooking for 7 min., or until icing stands in a peak on beater.
Remove... - 25.1785
Spanish Bun Frosting
1) In a bowl, beat in the ingredients to prepare the meringue.
2) Spread the meringue on warm cake and place in oven to brown the top before serving. - 24.9592
Fluffy Molasses Frosting
Combine egg whites, water, sugar, molasses, and salt in top part of double boiler.
Beat over boiling water with rotary or electric beater until frosting stands in peaks, 5 to 7 minutes.
Remove from heat, add vanilla, and beat to cool slightly. - 24.345
Put the sugar and water into a pan, dissolve the sugar slowly in the water and when quite dissolved bring to boiling point.
Boil to 240° F. without stirring.
Brush down the sides of the pan with a brush dipped in cold water and remove scum as it rises.
Pour... - 23.8451
1) Mix chocolate, water and coffee powder over low heat until smooth. Let cool.
2) Cream the butter until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, one by one. Beat in the cooled chocolate mixture. Beat in the powdered sugar. Refrigerate until thick.
3) Frost the top of one... - 23.5843
1. In a bowl, cream butter and egg yolk until fluffy. Stir in half the sugar.
2. Combine cocoa and coffee. Beat into butter mixture, alternating with remaining sugar.
3. Beat well until smooth and creamy. Stir in vanilla. - 23.2564
Royal Icing Ornamental Frosting
Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy.
Gradually beat in sugar, then beat at high speed until very thick and glossy (beaters when withdrawn should leave sharp, firm peaks).
Use to frost and decorate cakes.
Keep bowl of frosting covered with damp... - 23.1544
7 Minute Frosting
Mix all ingredients except vanilla in the top of a double boiler and set over just boiling water.
Beat constantly with rotary or electric beater until stiff peaks form, 4-7 minutes.
Off heat, add vanilla and beat until of good spreading consistency. - 22.9319
Put egg whites, sugar, water and cream of tartar in top of double boiler.
Cook over rapidly boiling water, beating constantly, for 7 minutes or until frosting holds its shape.
Remove from heat; add vanilla and salt. - 22.9003
Using electric mixer beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff.
Gradually beat in 1 cup of sugar.
Beat 10 min.
Beat in second cup of sugar; beat 10 min.more.
During last few minutes of beating, add food coloring for desired color.
While using or st - 22.8514
Place jelly in bowl over hot water, and melt.
Add egg white, sugar, and salt, and beat with an egg beater until mixture is stiff enough to stand in peaks.
Then remove from hot water and continue beating until cool enough to spread on cake.
Makes enough... - 22.7123
Seven Minute Frosting
Put the egg whites (unbeaten), sugar, water, and corn syrup in the upper part of the double boiler.
Place it over rapidly boiling water, beat constantly with a rotary egg beater, and cook 7 minutes or until the frosting will stand in peaks.
Remove from the... - 22.4719
Sift together confectioners' sugar and cream of tartar; add egg white and flavoring.
Beat until frosting holds its shape.
Cover with damp cloth when not in use. - 21.2626
1. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a small bowl, until foamy.
2. Slowly beat in 10X sugar until frosting stands in firm peaks and is stiff enough to hold a sharp line when cut through with a knife. (Keep bowl of frosting covered with damp paper... - 20.6927
Whisk all ingredients except vanilla in a basin over hot water for about 7 minutes until mixture stands in peaks then add vanilla.
Dribble a little melted chocolate over the top. - 17.9293
Egg Frosting Recipes By Category