- » Easy Hoppin John
Easy Hoppin John Recipes
Enjoy our collection of easy hoppin john recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for easy hoppin john recipes.
How about a classic South American dish for this New year? Dave has chosen the right time and has come up with Hoppin John recipe that's appropriate for the New Year. He is showing a very easy way of making this black eyed peas and rice in a skillet. The... - 109.094
Hoppin' John New Year's Salad
How would you like to learn the Hoppin’ John salad? The traditional New year’s day salad, in Southern United States, this salad is believed to encourage a year filled with luck! Prepared using rice and beans, this salad is simple and healthy. Prepare this... - 126.234
Kids at home love this Hoppin' John - guess the name too play a part in making this their favorite. This Hoppin' John is pretty easy to prepare too - just give it a try this weekend. - 26.675
Weezie's Hoppin' John
Comfort food simplified for everyday cooking! Surprisingly full of flavor and texture to make everyone ask for seconds. Serve as a main dish with greens and bread, or serve as a side dish with roast chicken. The pepper quantities are family-friendly, but add... - 34.3135
Hollister Hoppin' John
In a Dutch oven, lightly brown the sausage and drain.
Do not over brown the sausage, as that will render all of the fat and most of the flavor.
Add the water, onion, and peas.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
Remove the lid and simmer,... - 37.1624
1) Take a large saucepan and cook bacon in it until crisp. Remove and place on paper towels to drain.
2) Add garlic and onions to the drippings in the skillet and cook until soft.
3) Stir in water, black-eyed peas, bay leaf, rice, pepper, hot pepper... - 45.5134
Southern Hoppin John
Have you been looking for a vegetarian version of hoppin john? This video is just perfect for you. Watch the chef share her secret recipe to prepare this Southern Hoppin John. This recipe is an absolute delight, don’t miss it. - 104.214
Place the onion and celery in a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
Stir in the rice, chicken broth and black-eyed peas; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15... - 27.0687
Hoppin John Salad
1) In a 1-quart ovenproof shallow casserole, mix together the escarole, peas, ham, water, and onion.
2) With a vented plastic wrap, cover the casserole.
3) On high power, microwave this for 4 minutes. You should rotate the casserole 1/2 turn, when... - 46.7664
New Year's Day Good Luck Hoppin' John
This New Year's Day, bring on the good luck to your holiday table with Betty's hoppin' john. This flavorful South American treat tastes sumptuous and quite a doddle to make too. Stream the video and learn how to make this satisfying treat. - 105.243
Combine all ingredients in saucepan; cook until thoroughly heated. - 22.1579
New Year Special Good Luck Hoppin' John
Bring some good luck to your New Year platter with this lip-smacking traditional treat. Betty, in this video recipe, assays how to make Hoppin John at home in her own way. It’s simple, quick and delicious, thereby ensuring that you have a tasty way to a... - 93.349
Microwaved Hoppin John
Set Power Select at HIGH.
In 2 1/2-quart casserole dish, heat bacon and onion 4 to 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp, stirring once; stir in remaining ingredients.
Heat, covered, 5 to 6 minutes or until liquid boils at HIGH.
Set Power Select at... - 35.9891
1) Drain the peas and rinse thoroughly in cold running water. Strain water.
2) In a salad bowl, put in peas.
3) Add chopped celery to the peas, along with other ingredients.
4) Toss all together with your hands.
5) To be more... - 42.6081
Saute ham, onions and hot pepper sauce in oil over moderate heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently until the onions are soft but not yet browned.
Combine black-eyed peas, ham mixture and rice; then heat.
Garnish with thin slices of ham.
Goes great with... - 29.1523
Microwaved Hoppin John
In 3-quart casserole, combine peas and water; let soak overnight.
Do not drain.
Add onion, pepper, red pepper, garlic, and bay leaf.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 15 minutes or till boiling.
Cook at MEDIUM LOW (3) for 45 minutes.
Stir in salt pork.
Cook at... - 41.4299
1. In a medium (2 to 2 1/2 quart) microwaveable casserole or deep dish, combine bacon and onion
2. Place it in the microwave and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes, just until bacon release fat and is crisp.
3. Stir in peas, rice and... - 39.5116
1. In a 9-inch nonstick skillet, pour in the oil
2. Heat the oil and then add in the onions and seasonings
3. Cook till the onions are translucent and cooked through
4. Add the peas, rice and bacon bits to the mixture and cook till the mixture is... - 44.4984
Crab Hoppin John
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil over high heat. Add the black-eyed peas and return to a boil. Reduce the heat to moderate and simmer until almost all the water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. The peas should no longer taste... - 36.9201
In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
Add the peas and reduce the heat.
Cover and simmer about 45 minutes or until the peas are tender but not mushy.
Meanwhile, lightly spray a medium skillet with no-stick spray.
Add the bacon and cook according to... - 45.0516
Simmered Hoppin John
1) Wash and rinse the peas in cold running water for few minutes.
2) In a pot, place the peas along with water, and bring to boil.
3) Take the pot off the heat and allow to soak overnight.
4) Add ham hocks, onions, bell peppers,... - 44.6042
Hoppin' Chicken John
1. In a large Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of drippings. Cook chicken in drippings over medium-high heat, turning, until golden brown all... - 31.3626
Hoppin John With Tofu
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over moderate heat for 1 minute.
Add the onions, green and red peppers, and garlic, and saute, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft.
Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Pour 3/4 cup of the water into the skillet... - 41.9767
Hoppin' John Salad
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the bacon for 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp.
Remove from the saucepan and set aside until cool; crumble.
Add the onions and garlic to the same saucepan.
Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until softened.
Add the... - 47.626
1. In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add celery, onion, and red pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is golden, about 10 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
2. Add black-eyed peas, ham hock, water, broth, 1 teaspoon salt,... - 36.4809
Holiday Special Onion And Cheddar Cheese Cornbread Sticks
This holiday, gather all your family and friends and get bingeing in one of Betty's delights. In this video, Betty makes delicious onion and cheddar cheese cornbread sticks that are just great when served with a hearty stew or soup. Perfect for Hoppin’ John... - 110.526