- » Easy Homemade Turnip
Easy Homemade Turnip Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Easy Homemade Turnip recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Easy Homemade Turnip recipes.
Put cubed turnips in saucepan and add salt.
Cover with boiling water and cook, covered, until turnips are tender, about 15 minutes.
Drain very well.
Add butter to drained turnips and sprinkle in brown sugar.
Set over moderate heat and cook, stirring gently... - 34.7236
Cut turnips into slender sticks about 2 inches long.
Cook in boiling salted water until just tender.
Melt butter in saucepan, add onion, parsley and lemon juice.
Add cooked turnip sticks and heat thoroughly.
Serve immediately. - 26.5599
Turnips And Potatoes
Cook turnips and potatoes separately in lightly salted boiling water.
Melt butter and add onion.
Cook gently 2 minutes.
Add well drained turnip and potato cubes and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook gently, stirring, until vegetables are hot... - 30.7189
1. Peel the turnip.
2. Fill a pan with water and heat.
3. Put turnip in the water and add better than bouillon.
4. Boil turnip for 15 minutes.
5. Remove turnips from boiling water and allow to cool for some time.
6. Preheat the oven... - 102.73
1. Start oven, set at 375° F., Moderate. Rub a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with butter or margarine.
2. Drain the turnips and slice them.
3. Arrange a layer of them in the bottom of the baking dish, sprinkle lightly with some of the salt and mace, then with a... - 32.1275
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F/ Gas 4). Peel turnips and cut them into 1cm (1/2 in) thick rounds. Cut each round into quarters and add to a saucepan of boiling water. Cook for 7 minutes, drain and place in a serving dish.
2. Bring cream, pepper and cumin... - 22.5221
Turnips A La Francaise
Pan cook and mash the turnip, add the egg, the 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of butter, the savory, salt and pepper to taste.
Beat together until well blended.
Place in a buttered baking dish in a mound.
Make a white sauce with the 3 tablespoons (50 mL) butter, flour... - 38.6468
1. Peel and cube turnip, then place in boiling salted water and cook until tender.
2. While turnips are cooking, sautee onion in butter.
3. Drain turnips well, and then mash.
4. Mash in the sauteed onions.
You will find these turnips surprisingly delicious. - 23.3399
Slice, and boil in salted water until tender but not too soft, about 15 minutes; drain, and mash.
Cook potatoes in salted water in separate saucepan.
Drain well, mash and combine with mashed turnip.
Add remaining ingredients, and whip with egg... - 32.0988
Orange Turnip Melange
1. In a medium sized skillet, coat with vegetable spray. Add margarine.
2. Once hot, add onion, carrots and turnips and sautÃ© on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add rest of the ingredients (except parsley) and mix well.
4. Cook on a medium... - 42.2965
Potatoes And Turnips
Bake in preheated very hot oven (450°F.) for 45 minutes, or until done.
Cut potatoes into halves lengthwise and scoop out pulp.
Add turnip and butter, and mix well.
Beat in enough hot milk to make mixture light and fluffy.
Season with salt... - 35.4985
Ragout Of Lamb With Turnips And Carrots
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Cut the turnips into chunks (roughly the size of a large egg).
Scrape the carrots and cut each into 2 pieces.
Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven, and brown the chops, 1 or 2 at a time, on both sides.
Remove the chops and saute the... - 43.6046
Baked Honeyed Turnip
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Put the turnip in a buttered 2-quart casserole. Mix the broth with the honey and pour over.
3. Cover and bake for 1 hour, or until tender. - 22.4236
1. Peel and chop the vegetables. Cook in boiling salted water until soft, about 20 minutes.
2. Drain and mash.
3. Add the breadcrumbs, cream, nutmeg, seasonings and beaten eggs. Mix well.
4. Pour into a well-buttered ovenproof dish, dot with the butter.
5.... - 32.0054
Spring Turnip Soup
1. In a large, deep saucepan, pour half olive oil and 1 tablespoon of water and heat it together, add onion and celery, cook for 10 minutes, till vegetables are tender, set aside the leaves from the turnips.
2. Take a knife, and chop the turnips.
3, In... - 46.0872
Combine all ingredients in a Dutch oven, add just enough water to cover rutabagas.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium high, and cook 10 minutes.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. - 23.0896
Homemade Vegetable Broth
In a large stockpot combine water, tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions, leeks, turnips, bell pepper and zucchini.
Add garlic, parsley, thyme, bay leaves and peppercorns.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat.
Simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours.
Strain... - 37.7471
Try out this Shrimp Filling, next time when you wish to have something excitingly different. Granished with pepper, turnips and scallions. This Shrimp Filling is a must try for those who prefer to taste the spicy! - 38.3594
Cut the carrots in 4 lengthwise, then chop.
Dice the turnips, rutabaga and the potatoes, all about the same size.
Set aside the potatoes in water to avoid blackening.
Cook the bacon and the onion in a large saucepan, over low heat, for 5 minutes.
Add the... - 48.9827
Combine carrots, turnips, leeks, onion, celery, butter, salt, pepper and sugar in large saucepan.
Cover and cook gently 10 minutes, stirring often.
Add beef stock and barley, bring to a boil, turn down heat, cover and simmer 11/2 hours or until barley is... - 35.1977
Beef And Vegetable Soup
Heat the oil in a saucepan and brown the onion and the meat.
Dilute the concentrated chicken broth in the 3 cups of hot water.
Add the chicken broth, leek and tomatoes to the saucepan.
Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer over low heat for 15 or 20... - 41.0515
Scallops With Swiss Cheese
This Scallipops is a great treat for the mid-day break, be it morning or in the evening! And also, surprisingly easy to make, I have this Scallipops right there on my table for almost all the parties on short notice. So here's the recipe and simply indulge in! - 41.1462
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan or a stock pot, cover the vegetables with just enough water to steam them
2. Place the saucepan on a medium flame and bring the water to a boil
3. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer the root vegetables for 15... - 44.3315
Have butcher crack the shinbone.
Put bone and water in kettle, bring to boil and simmer, covered, for 2 to 3 hours, or until meat separates from bone and marrow is dissolved.
Remove bone and take off meat.
Add meat to broth.
Add vegetables, barley, and salt... - 40.2233
1. To prepare the tripe clean it very well, cut into small pieces.
2. In a saucepan simmer the tripe in water for about 2 hours, add the finely chopped vegetables to the already prepared tripe and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce heat to simmer and let it... - 36.7714
1. Heat the fat in a large kettle and saute the carrot, onion, celery, and turnip for about 5 minutes.
2. Add stock or water, tomatoes, potato, and a little seasoning. Cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
3. Add parsley and adjust the seasoning - 33.1507
Fresh Vegetable Pasta Salad
1 For dressing, in a blender container or food processor bowl, combine the parsley sprigs, salad oil, wine vinegar, water, garlic cloves, dry mustard, salt, and black pepper. Cover and blend or process until
combined; set aside.
2 In a large saucepan cook the... - 32.3656
Dredge oxtail and kidney in flour, and brown slowly in fat until all sides are colored.
Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, bouillon cube, tomatoes and bay leaves.
Cover, and simmer 45 minutes; then add onions, celery and turnip.
Cook 30 minutes longer or until... - 38.0628
Casserole Of Lamb With Vegetables
Cut lamb in 1-inch cubes.
Combine seasonings and flour.
Toss well with lamb cubes.
Heat shortening in frying pan.
Add lamb, and cook until light brown, stirring 2 or 3 times.
Add onion, and cook until golden, stirring occasionally.
Turn into 2-quart... - 36.0839
This Skillet Salad is so fresh! I love raw vegetables for salads, but this Skillet Salad has a distinctive taste! Just try it out to experience what I mean and tell me all about it! - 28.2832
Crumble bread into wine; add next 7 ingredients.
Form into small balls, the size of hazelnuts, and refrigerate until needed.
Wash beans, and soak overnight in 5 cups water.
Next morning add 1 teaspoon salt, and simmer 30 minutes.
Saute meat balls in oil; when... - 40.7193
Hotpot Soup (pot-au-feu)
Hotpot Soup (Pot-au-feu) is a mouth watering appetizer. An easy to prepare Hotpot Soup (Pot-au-feu) wont let you forget its taste forever. So, give it a try and squander its taste! - 44.2286
Shell and devein shrimp, leaving the tail intact.
Spread the tail, and pull out the tendon; then bend shrimp back until straight.
Slice large mussels and scallops into 3 pieces.
Prepare vegetables, and steam for 2 minutes.
Dry seafood and vegetables on... - 39.4806
Puree vegetables in blender, mash or chop fine.
Combine with white sauce, onion, lemon juice, seasonings, Worcestershire sauce and egg yolks.
Beat egg whites stiffly with cream of tartar.
Fold into vegetables.
Turn into a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole,... - 35.6845
Wash and dry shrimp and vegetables well.
Slice or cut vegetables into strips, if necessary.
Fill skillet half full with salad oil; heat to 360Â° to 365Â°.
To make batter combine flour, next 4 ingredients, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; beat just till moistened (a... - 44.0897
1. Wash the chicken pieces, carcasses, giblets, neck and feet and mutton bones till clean
2. Cut into manageable pieces and wash again
3. In a large stock pot, add 4 liters cold water and all ingredients and mix well. bring to the boil... - 41.4343
Cut steak into thin slices about 2 1/2 in. x 5 in.; mince or finely chop the trimmings.
Heat 2 oz. (1/4 cup) butter in saucepan, saute chopped onions until transparent, without allowing them to brown.
Mix together the breadcrumbs, herbs, seasonings, minced... - 41.8174
Boiling Chicken For Stock
1 In a large stockpot, combine the chicken, onion, celery, carrots, parsnip if desired, parsley, bay leaves, peppercorns, salt, rosemary, thyme, garlic if desired, and water.
Bring to a boil over high heat, lower the heat, and partially cover, leaving about 1... - 37.0277
Quick Vegetable Stock
1. Heat 1/4 cup of the water in a large, heavy soup pot over medium heat. Add onion. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add more water during this process if necessary.
2. Place vegetables and trimmings, the remaining 7... - 37.5065
Crunchy Winter Salad
Combine turnip, cabbage, apples, and peanuts in a large bowl.
Blend together lemon juice and mayonnaise.
Add to salad.
Toss well. - 30.5515
Vegetable Soup With Pasta
In a soup pot heat olive oil over medium heat.
Saute until tender.
Add carrots, bell pepper and garlic.
Cook for 5 minutes.
Add chicken broth, potatoes and turnips.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
Cook for 10 minutes or until... - 44.3918
Lentil And Vegetable Stew
1. Put the lentils, broth, onion, garlic, 2 diced carrots, leek, turnips, potatoes, celery, and rosemary in a large heavy kettle. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 50 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
2. Add the tomatoes with their juice, the... - 34.5364
Crustless Vegetable Quiche
1. Melt the butter in a medium-sized heavy skillet and saute the onion until tender but not browned. Add the celery, carrot, and turnip and cook for 3 minutes longer.
2. Add the green beans, cauliflower, and broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook for 3... - 31.9948
Brussel Sprout Soup
1. In a pan heat chicken stock to boiling, add beans, turnip, leek, carrots and barley and simmer covering tightly for 30 minutes.
2. Add brussel sprouts, green pepper, salt and pepper and simmer, covered, until all vegetables are tender, 15... - 42.4157
Millet N Vegetables
1. Put all the vegetables in a heavy porcelainized iron casserole. Add the parsley, millet, salt, and 2 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook gently for 45 minutes.
2. If mixture seems too thick, add a little water and cook for 15 minutes longer.... - 30.9726
Seven Vegetable Couscous
1. Chop and discard roots from leeks.
2. Make a 3-inch deep X cut on the white bulb and into the green of each leek.
3. In a bowl, place leeks and pour enough water to cover.
4. Add the vinegar and let the leeks soak for about 30 minutes to... - 42.0372
Full Meal Salad
1. Rub a salad bowl with the clove of garlic. Discard the garlic.
2. Combine all the ingredients, with the exception of the toast cubes, butter, and mayonnaise, in the bowl and mix well.
3. Saute the toast cubes in the butter. - 29.9088
Place seasoned flour in a shallow bowl.
Cut venison into 1-inch cubes.
Roll cubes in flour.
Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
Add venison and brown on all sides.
Add 2 tablespoons flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add water or... - 41.187
Bean Soup With Wilted Greens And Rosemary Oil
1. Take about 2 cups greens, argula, chard, or young turnip greens, also cut into 1/2-inch strips, few shards of parmesan cheese, also put the beans in a large pot and add enough water to cover by 2 to 3 inches, and finally refrigerate for 8 hours or... - 48.8849
Chicken Soup With Vegetables
This Chicken Soup with Vegetables is a heart warming dish. It is perfect for someone who is not feeling well, as it has a magical touch. Watch this video to learn the secret of this magical soup. - 118.217