- » Easy French Chicken Stew
Easy French Chicken Stew Recipes
Enjoy our collection of easy french chicken stew recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for easy french chicken stew recipes.
French Fish Stew With Carrots And Potatoes
1. Melt the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over moderate heat. Add the onions, potatoes, and carrots, and cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Add the chicken broth, wine, bay leaf, thyme, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil—about 3 minutes. Cover and simmer for... - 31.9581
Easy Chicken Fricassee
Chicken fricasse is a microwaved preparation of chicken with artichoke hearts. Cooked in chicken stock, the chicken fricasse has eggs, cream and cheese in it. stirred together and toped with cheese slices, it is baked and can be served with a side salad.... - 45.7469
French Chicken Ragout
1. Pull off the skin from the chicken
2. Use a meat knife to trim off any fat from the thighs and cut them into quarters.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over moderate heat.
4. Add the chicken pieces and sauté them for about 5 minutes... - 46.6085
Healthy Chicken Fricassee
Chicken Fricassee, this recipe is like chicken stew, chicken pot roast all rolled up into one BUT healthy, low in fat and sugar! This is a one-pan wonder. It takes about 45 minutes to finish up in the oven but it’s so worth the wait. This chicken recipe is... - 105.317
Easy Party Ragout
1. Prepare the lamb and veal by trimming all fat from them.
2. In heavy kettle or Dutch oven combine meats with onion, lettuce, salt, pepper and rosemary.
3. In hot water in 4-cup measure dissolve instant chicken broth or bouillon cubes and pour over... - 47.2871
Charleston Chicken Stew
1.Slice the chicken in pieces big enough to be served.
2.Take a kettle and put chicken pieces in it along with water, mace, salt, pepper and onion.
3.Put the lid of the kettle and let the ingredients simmer for 40 minutes.
4.Once the... - 46.2326
Wash chicken and dry on paper towelling.
Roll in mixture of 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper.
Heat oil and butter in heavy skillet (your electric frying pan will work perfectly for this recipe).
Brown chicken pieces on all sides.
Drain off fat and save.
Add... - 42.9834
Lightly flour chicken pieces and brown on both sides in olive oil, about 7 minutes each side.
Remove chicken from pan and add onion and garlic.
Saute until very tender.
Add remaining ingredients.
Return chicken to the sauce and cook for 20 to 30 minutes,... - 38.6919
Classic Chicken Fricassee
Why not make your simple rice or pasta more appealing with a classic chicken fricassee. Take a look at this video that shares an outstanding chicken recipe for an excellent addition to your holiday feast. The video is absolutely fantastic and a must watch. - 87.8027
Cook onion, mushrooms, and garlic in 3 tablespoons hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes, stirring often.
Peel a strip around each potato with a vegetable peeler, if desired.
Place potatoes in a 4 1/2-quart electric slow cooker.
Add... - 47.7911
Chicken Mushroom Stew
1. With a sharp knife, cut chicken into 1-in. cubes.
2. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil and brown meat in it.
3. Transfer to a slow cooker.
4. Into the skillet add mushrooms, onion, zucchini, green pepper and garlic in remaining... - 50.5396
Spring Chicken In A Pot
1. In a large, heavy pan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
2. Add the onions and gently fry for 5 minutes until softened.
3. Now add the chicken thighs, and fry until they are lightly coloured.
4. To the pan, add the potatoes, stock and a generous... - 48.1471
French Coq Au Vin Part 1 - Preparation
Wish to treat your family to a classic French meal tonight? Here's an amazingly simple yet delectable version of Coq au Vin, the classic French chicken recipe. This red wine braised chicken and vegetable stew takes a better part of your time to prepare, but... - 83.9492
French Coq Au Vin Part 3- Cooking
If the very thought of "rooster in wine" gets you drooling like the Simpson, here's you chance to master this favorite French recipe of Coq au Vin. This signature dish of France is a perfect way to enjoy your poultry. Perfect for a weeknight go-to-meal. Just... - 83.4541
Cut chicken into serving pieces, season with salt and pepper.
Melt butter in large pan, add chicken joints, and cook until a light brown on all sides.
Add crushed garlic, wine, chicken stock, chopped shallots, salt and pepper, cover and cook gently until... - 34.9653
Chicken Fricassee With Half And Half
This Chicken Fricassee is the best that I've ever tasted ! Try this stewed chicken for your next meal ! Your suggestions for this Chicken Fricassee are welcome. - 40.8539
1. In a shallow container or a wax sheet, combine the 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons flour with 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Mix this well
2. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour and set aside
3. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the margarine... - 45.0948
Chicken Fricassee With Watercress
1. In a small mixing bowl, Combine the yogurt, cream, cornstarch mixture, thyme and rosemary and set aside.
2. In a Large heavy bottomed skillet,
3. Melt the butter over medium heat.
4. Add the carrots and sauté in the butter for 2-3... - 47.4722
French Coq Au Vin Part 2 - Preparation And Cooking
You must have often seen this dish feature in your favorite French restaurant menu card. Now here's you turn to master this classic chicken dish in the confines of your home kitchen. Coq au Vin is a delectable chicken dish cooked in wine-enriched sauce. Pairs... - 83.1575
French Coq Au Vin Part 4 - Cooking And Serving
Need a simple, tasty, and not too labor intensive chicken dish to woo your gormandizer friend? Well, then this stovetop chicken dish will perfectly fit the bill. Coq au Vin is a delectable poultry dish braised in red wine, preferably a red French Burgundy or... - 83.9805
If you’re looking for the perfect recipe of Chicken Fricassee, then do check this out. This is perfect for a dinner party. I’m sure your guests will love it! - 122.025
1.In a a pan, put chicken, onion, celery tops, salt, pepperr and 1 cup of water.
2.Cook for 30 minutes until the chicken is soft.
3.Take the leftover 1/2 cup of water, mix flour into it.
4.Transfer the flour mixture to the pan and cook until the gravy... - 41.9696
Ratatouille Using Chicken Broth And Seasoning Mix
In large shallow pan, arrange peppers and eggplant in groups, add water, garlic, onion flakes and broth mix and cook until vegetables are soft.
Add zucchini and tomatoes.
Sprinkle with basil, salt and freshly ground pepper.
Cook until zucchini is done.
Turn... - 35.6039
Coq Au Vin Blanc
Cut chicken in serving pieces.
In heavy skillet brown bacon, onions, shallots and carrot in butter.
Remove from skillet.
Add chicken to skillet.
Brown over high heat.
Add salt, pepper and garlic.
Light and pour into skillet.
Sprinkle... - 42.8305
Combine the 1/2 cup flour, salt, and pepper in paper or plastic bag.
Add pheasant, 2 or 3 pieces at a time; shake to coat well.
In large heavy skillet brown the pheasant in butter. (Electric skillet 350°.)
Add onion and carrot; cook 2 minutes.
Add broth and... - 44.6026
Rub chicken inside and out with salt and pepper.
Place in a large saucepan with sufficient water to come halfway up the chicken.
Add the onion, celery and bay-leaf.
Bring to the boil and skim if necessary.
Cook for 50 min or until tender.
Remove chicken and... - 45.5666
Chicken Saute, Normandy Style
1.Slice chicken in pieces big eneough to serve.
2.Take a heavy kettle or Dutch oven, heat butter or margarine in it and cook the chicken piecesuntil brown.
3.In a small saucepan, heat the applejack until bubbly.
4.Light the applejack carefully... - 44.8869
Garlic Flavored Coq Au Vin
1. In a flameproof casserole dish fry the chicken such that golden brown and then using a slotted spoon transfer to a plate.
2. In the empty pan fry bacon and onions, for 5 minutes and then add the mushrooms and garlic.
3. Add brandy and wine and let... - 45.7103
Coq Au Vin
1) In a small skillet, over medium heat, heat 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) of oil and brown hens in it for about 5 minutes, breast side down, 1 or 2 at a time (whatever fits in your skillet).
2) Take off the hens from the skillet and keep aside.
3) Into a... - 43.2662
1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven heat vegetable oil.
2. Add onions or leeks and sautÃ© for several minutes, until translucent.
3. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients. Cook and simmer for 45 minutes.
4. In large kettle boil salted water for 10... - 42.7076
Heat butter and oil in Dutch oven or casserole and brown chicken on all sides over low heat.
Add onion and stock, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
Add mushrooms and carrots, cover, and simmer 15 minutes longer.
Beat together cream and egg yolks.
Spoon a bit of... - 37.2814
1. If using chop pepper and keep aside.
2. In a saucepan prepare the soup as per packet directions using 1 ¼ pints water.
3. Add the chicken joints and chopped pepper to the soup and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add the vegetables and... - 38.2283
Cook chicken with onions, celery tops, salt, and pepper in 1 cup water 30 minutes, or until tender.
Blend flour into 1/2 cup water; stir into broth; cook, stirring constantly, until gravy thickens and boils 1 minute.
Add potato and peas; heat to boiling, then... - 38.6408
French Herbed Chicken
Remove wing tips and skin from chicken.
Brown the chicken pieces in the hot cooking oil.
Season chicken to taste with the salt and pepper.
Add the sauterne, stewed onions, si iced mushrooms, chopped carrot, cut up celery, parsley, thyme, garlic, and... - 40.8072
Brown Chicken Fricassee
Wash chicken; drain.
Shake pieces, a few at a time, in mixture of flour, salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper in a paper bag to coat well.
Brown slowly in salad oil in a large heavy frying pan; remove.
Add onion rings, saute until they are soft.
Return chicken... - 39.7333
Slow Cooked Chowder
In a 5-qt slow cooker, combine the nine ingredients.
Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in milk and parsley; heat through. - 37.6452
Chicken And Sausage Ratatouille
1. In a large Dutch oven, bring sausage and wine just to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover pan, and simmer 5 minutes. Uncover and cook over medium heat, turning sausage frequently, until wine is evaporated and sausage is browned, about 5 minutes longer.... - 31.4681
Chicken And Ratatouille Lasagne
1. Season chicken with marjoram and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In a large frying pan, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat until tender and white throughout, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pan. Heat remaining 1/4 cup oil... - 31.7099
Wash chicken thoroughly inside and out.
Place with spices and vegetables in deep kettle; barelycover with boiling water.
Cover tightly, and simmer 2â€”3 hours or until meat is tender.
Lift out chicken.
Measure 3 cups for gravy, and set... - 42.1535
Calico Chicken Fricassee
Place chicken pieces skin side down in a large skillet over very low heat. (Do not add fat.)
Cook until chicken is a rich brown on skin side, about 10 minutes; turn and brown on other side.
Add carrots, onion and celery to skillet; toss to coat with... - 41.4211
Irish Stew By Good Food Ireland
Ed Cooney of The Merrion Hotel keeps to the tradition of using lamb in the stew and the simpliest vegetables to flavour the broth. Heartwarming, simple and full of flavour. Read this full Good Food Ireland recipe Traditional Irish Lamb Stew - 0
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter in batches over medium-high heat, turning once or twice, until barely golden, about 5 minutes per batch. Remove chicken from pan.
2. Add carrots and leeks to... - 32.5444
Ed's Chicken Stew
This Ed's Chicken Stew is simply irresistible and mouth-watering stew recipe. Try this easy to prepare recipe; I am sure you will love to share this Ed's Chicken Stew with your loved ones. - 42.8386
Original Coq Au Vin
An easy French stew, the Coq Au Vin is absolutely delicious. Tickle your taste buds with this refreshing stew. It is all about the genuine French flavor. So do not procrastinate, try this Coq Au Vin recipe. - 32.867
Fannie's Chicken Fricassee
Dredge chicken in flour, salt and pepper.
Melt shortening in a 6 quart Dutch oven; brown chicken on all sides.
Remove chicken; pour off all but 3 tablespoons fat.
Return chicken to Dutch oven.
Add water, salt and celery salt to chicken; cook on high until... - 40.7642
Best Chicken Fricassee
1. Apply a coat of salt and pepper over the chicken and brown it in a large skillet with shortening
2. In the same pan, make a roux with bacon drippings and flour; add chopped vegetables, liquid and chicken to it and simmer for an hour
3.... - 38.5397
1) To prepare the broth, in 6 cups of water with a small veal bone, stew the neck, wing tips and giblet for about 60 minutes. Add salt to taste.
2) Strain the hot broth and then pour it all over the chicken in a large kettle.
3) Add the parsley, onion,... - 44.7998
Chicken And Bacon Fricassee
Try this alluring Chicken Fricassee recipe. An easily prepared non-vegetarian recipe, this Chicken Fricassee is a dish which you will always love to serve in your parties. - 42.7403
Chicken Fricassee With Rice
1. In a large kettle, Place the chicken, add onion and celery and pour over the boiling water.
2. Place on a high flame and bring to a boil then reduce the flame and simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Add the carrots to the pot and continue to simmer for... - 44.9481
1. Apply salt and pepper over the chicken and brown in a Dutch oven in shortening briskly; drain the chicken on a brown paper bag
2. Add flour to shortening and stir till a dark brown; add onions, pepper, celery and green onions and saute till soft
3.... - 41.6271
Wash chicken pieces and put in kettle.
Cover with boiling water.
Bring to boil, cover, and simmer 1 hour.
Add next 6 ingredients and simmer 2 hours longer, or until tender.
Leave as is or remove bones and skin.
Skim excess fat from... - 46.8445
1. Wash chicken; pat dry with paper towels. (Use all parts of chicken except liver, heart and gizzard.)
2. Remove skin from all pieces of chicken except wings; set breast meat aside. Cut remaining pieces of chicken into smaller pieces.
3. In 5-quart Dutch... - 42.7562
In a deep, 3-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole heat oil on full power 2 minutes.
Add onion and heat, uncovered, on full power 3 minutes or until onion istender.
Add chicken pieces, salt, pepper, bay leaf and water and heat, tightly covered, on... - 42.8493
Spicy Chicken Fricassee
1. On a piece of wax paper, mix the flour with the salt and both of the peppers. Coat the chicken with this mixture, reserving any extra flour. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the butter and oil over moderately high heat. Add the chicken and brown for 4 minutes on... - 35.3941
1. On sheet of wax paper or a paper plate combine 2 1/4 teaspoons flour with the salt, pepper, and thyme; dredge chicken parts in seasoned flour to coat.
2. In 2-quart saucepan heat margarine until bubbly and hot; add chicken and cook, turning frequently,... - 35.0389
1. In a casserole pot, place chicken, add salt, bay leaves and pour over the water.
2. Place the pot on a medium high flame and bring water to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover pot and simmer the chicken for 1 ½ hours on a low flame, until tender.
4.... - 43.8235
Diet Friendly Chicken Fricassee
Following a diet and craving to have something delicious? Not all tasty food is full of calories, just like this Diet Friendly Chicken Fricassee. This dish is high both on health and taste. Try it today. - 108.026
American Style Chicken Fricassee
Gear up for bon appetite! Then here’s a chicken dish that certainly won’t disappoint. Creamy, succulent and delicious, this simple dish of chicken in white sauce is all you need for a stick-to-your-ribs meal for a hungry weeknight. No who says you need to... - 120.711
Chicken Fricassee With Bacon
1. Place bacon between several layers of paper towels.
2. Microwave bacon placed between paper towels, at HIGH for 6 to 7 minutes.
3. When crisp, crumble and keep aside.
4. In 2-cup measure combine hot water, bouillon granules, parsley flakes and... - 43.9739
Microwave Chicken Fricassee
1. In a large-size (3 quart) microwave proof baking dish, place chicken pieces, skin side up, arranging the meatier portions on the outer periphery.
2. Scatter the carrots and bacon on top.
3. In a small bowl, combine dissolve bouillon cubes in hot... - 46.2796
Fricassee De Pollo
What better way to add a new spin to the poultry with this classic chicken stew. A healthy, hearty, low-fat chicken delight loaded with goodness of veggies and herbs, this one-pot meal is all you need to fill your tummy on hungry evenings. Just follow the... - 86.1311
Romertopf Pot Au Feu
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Slice the meat and chicken pieces into cubes.
3) Add the meat into the pre-soaked romertorpf along with the bouquet garni.
4) Cook covered for about 2 hours in the oven
5) Take the lid off and add in the... - 46.5306
Golden Crookneck Bisque
Insert metal blade.
Coarsely chop onion.
Melt butter in a 3-quart pan over medium heat; add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft (about 10 minutes).
Meanwhile, place carrot in work bowl; process, using on-off pulses, until finely... - 44.9877
In 2-quart casserole melt butter at HIGH for 30 seconds.
Cook at HIGH for 3 to 5 minutes, just till edges curl, stirring twice.
Remove oysters, reserving butter in casserole.
Set oysters aside.
In same casserole, cook mushrooms and onion,... - 43.7708
Lapereau Farci Aux Foie Gras, Artichauts Et Truffe
1 Cut the fresh foi gras, truffle and artichoke heart in to cubes.Mix well.
2 Stuff the rabbits with the mixture and sew the belly.
3 Place in a roasting pan with some oil and roast in the oven at 425 degrees farenheit ( 220° C/Gas Mark 7) for... - 41.5806
West Coast Bouillabaisse
In a Dutch oven saute onions, celery and garlic in oil for 3 minutes.
Stir in broth, tomatoes with juice, clams with juice, wine, Worcestershire, thyme, hot pepper sauce and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
Simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in shrimp and... - 42.6227
This Ratatouille tastes amazing ! Try out this delicious vegetable mix for your next meal and let me know if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Ratatouille are welcome ! - 38.5535
Slim Zucchini Ratatouille
1. Wash the red peppers, core them and discard the white membrane; slice into rings
2. Was the egg plants and zucchini and cut into half inch slices
3. In a casserole, add oil and garlic and microwave for thirty seconds
4. Add red... - 43.9704
1 Scrape the carrots well and cut into thin slices.
2 In a pan, add water, seasoned stock base, onion powder and MSG.
3 Cook for 15 minutes or until tender; drain well.
4 Add in the remaining ingredients and toss gently.
5 ... - 38.9418
1. When using leeks, wash thoroughly between leaves.
2. Removing the white portion trim and slice 1/4-inch thick.
3. Also discard green portion.
4. For green onions, trim and slice 1/4-inch thick.
5. Using a large nonstick skillet sauté... - 46.5169
Blanquette De Veau
In skillet, combine broth, veal, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, and cloves.
Cover; cook over low heat 1 hour.
Stir now and then.
Add onions and mushrooms.
Cook 30 minutes more or until meat and vegetables are tender.
Gradually blend cream into flour... - 37.796
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onions, fennel and garlic and stir over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until onions are soft. Stir in stock, tomato puree, tomatoes, thyme, bay leaves and turmeric, and bring to simmering.
2. Add fish, prawns, crabs and... - 34.9354
1. Prepare fish stock with the fish heads, vegetables, pepper, bay leaf, parsley and chicken stock.
2. Strain, measure and reserve 1 cup of stock.
3. Wash all fish thoroughly and pat dry.
4. Rub fish with lime juice and salt.
5. Heat... - 44.4834
Fricassee Of Rabbit
Heat the oil in a large pan.
Seal the rabbit joints on all sides but do not brown.
Transfer to the Slo cooker.
Add the onion to the pan and cook gently until transparent.
Stir in the flour and gradually add the stock Bring to the boil.
Add the bouquet garni,... - 41.1311
1. In a large casserole or skillet, brown the chicken in 1/3 cup dressing until evenly browned.
2. Add tomatoes, onion and seasonings and sautÃ© lightly for a few more minutes.
3. Stir in remaining French dressing.
4. Reduce the heat, cover the pan... - 43.2448
Potage Creme De Tomates
1) In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons butter with olive oil.
2) Sauté the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
3) Mix in the tomatoes and tomato paste.
4) Allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5) Stir in the flour using a wooden spatula.
6) Add stock, sugar,... - 46.5496
Bechamel Sauce With Chicken Broth And Herbs
1. In a small (2 cup or 1 quart) microwaveable casserole, bowl or measure, add butter and melt in the microwave for 1 minute.
2. Blend in flour, seasonings, thyme and onion powder, stirring to make a smooth paste.
3. Gradually add and stir chicken... - 38.7751
Thai Coconut Ratatouille
1. In a large mixing bowl, toss eggplants in 1 teaspoon salt.
2. Let it stand for 15 minutes until the eggplants releases water.
3. Rinse and pat dry on paper towels.
4. In a large pot, heat chicken broth over medium heat.
5. Add... - 48.234
Riesling Braised Chicken (coq Au Riesling)
This slow braised chicken recipe makes a hearty tasty stew that is made even better with the wine and cream. Easy to make, and it will impress your family and guests. - 0
Veal And Mushroom Ragout
Cut veal into 1 in. cubes.
Melt butter in frying pan, saute sliced onions and veal until onions are transparent; stir in paprika.
Combine soup and boiling water, in which chicken stock cubes have been dissolved; stir into veal, season to taste; cover, simmer... - 30.9802
Anniversary Veal Ragout
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Take a small bowl, mix flour, paprika, salt and white pepper.
3. Put few veal cubes in the bowl and stir well to coat it fully.
4. Repeat the process with other cubes.
5. Take a 3-4 quart oven safe Dutch... - 42.648
Lamb And Bean Ragout
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Cover beans with water after washing well and bring to a boil.
3) Simmer for 2 minutes and leave aside for 1 hour.
4) Cook the beans again until tender.
5) Heat fat and brown lamb in it.
6)... - 43.0919
Mediterranean Fish Stew
In 12-cup (3 L) casserole, combine, oil, garlic, onion and leek; microwave at High for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion and leek are softened.
Stir in tomato paste.
Add tomatoes, stock, wine, bouquet garni and saffron; mix well.
Cover with lid or vented plastic... - 47.3872
Spring Lamb Stew With Mashed Potatoes
This savory stew showcases a variety of garden-fresh vegetables, including carrots, radishes, peas and asparagus. Mashed potatoes are the perfect accompaniment. - 43.2194
Coq Au Vin
Coq au vin, or chicken braised in wine, is a classic French dish. Like other stews and braised dishes, coq au vin tastes even better the next day — after the sauce has had a chance to thicken and the chicken absorbs even more of the savoury flavour.
My... - 0
Unsalted Beef Or Chicken Bouillon
1. In a saucepan, put the stock and water in a pan and bring it to boil.
2. Simmer for at least 15 minutes before using.
3. Cool to room temperature and keep in the refrigerator. Use as desired with seasoning to make soups, stews, sauces or... - 23.8783
Chicken In Sour Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F
2. Season the flour and coat the chicken with flour.
3. In a large skillet, melt the butter over a medium flame.
4. Add the chicken and brown in the butter for 10 minutes.
5. Remove into a large ovenproof... - 45.3038
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) In the lemon juice, dip the chicken, coating it generously.
3) Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper and oregano.
4) In a shallow pan, place the chicken.
5) Brown the chicken in the... - 42.425
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Cut the fowl neatly into pieces and dredge the pieces with the cornstarch which has been mixed with salt and pepper.
3) In a saute pan, heat the butter and brown the chicken properly.... - 40.5521
Chicken Bisque Soup
1.In a pan put water, salt, celery, carrots, onions and chicken and cook until the chicken is tender.
2.Drain and reserve 8 cups of stock.
3.In a separate pan, heat butter and mix flour in it until a reddish brown mixture is formed.
4.Heat the stock... - 46.9367
Poached Chicken, My Way
1. Take a heavy metal saucepan with a good cover (enough to hold the chicken as a whole).
2. Tie the chicken legs using a string and keep the other end of the string long enough to tie to the handle of saucepan.
3. Heat oil and butter... - 43.2752
1) In a large kettle, put chicken with bay leaf, carrot, garlic, celery leaves, parsley, salt and sage.
2) Pour in water and then simmer the mixture, covered for about 2 hours until tender.
3) Allow chicken to cool in stock.
4) Take off meat from... - 44.4138
Boiled Beef With Chicken And Vegetables
1. In a large Dutch oven or roaster put beef salt, onions, 2 carrots, celery, and broth.
2. Make a bouquet garni in cheesecloth with parsley, bay leaf, thyme, garlic, and peppercorns and tie the opening.
3. Put it on the stew.
4. Simmer gently for 1... - 44.3283
Chicken & Avocado On Iceberg
1. Cool chicken until easy to handle; remove skin and white and dark meat from frame in chunks as big as possible, then slice into thin bite-size pieces. (You should have about 4 cups.) Place in medium-size bowl. Save broth for making soup another day.
2.... - 25.0612
Chicken Salad Souffles
Combine chicken, water, onion, celery tops, salt, and peppercorns in a kettle cover.
Simmer 2 hours, or until chicken is very tender; remove from broth.
Strain broth into a 4-cup measure.
Soften gelatin in apple juice in a medium-size saucepan; stir in 3... - 43.828
Soak the lentils in 1 quart water for 3 hours.
Place lentils and water in a pot, and simmer for about 1 hour, or until barely tender.
Add the bouillon cubes, salt, yellow onions, and sesame oil.
Place all this in a baking casserole, and bake at 325° for... - 25.3355
Tuscan Bean And Bread Soup
In a 6 quart (6 1) stockpot, saute fennel, onion, and garlic in olive oil until very soft, about 20 minutes.
Drain beans and add to pot.
Add chicken stock and simmer until beans are tender.
Squeeze out the bread and mix into the soup until blended.
Season... - 39.1082
West Coast Bouillabaisse
1. In a Dutch oven saute onions, celery and garlic in oil for 3 minutes.
2. Stir in broth, tomatoes with juice, clams with juice, wine, Worcestershire, thyme, hot pepper sauce and bay leaf.
3. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
4. Simmer for 15... - 46.9502
Corned Beef With Zesty Horseradish Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Arrange a rack in a casserole or Dutch oven.
3. Place the meat on the rack.
4. Cover with water.
5. Cover and transfer the casserole to the heated oven.
6. Cook corned beef for 2 ½ hours until almost... - 38.3011