- » Dutch Jambalaya
Dutch Jambalaya Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Dutch Jambalaya recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Dutch Jambalaya recipes.
Black-eyed Pea Jambalaya
Place peas in a Dutch oven.
Cover with water 2 inches above peas, let soak overnight.
Pour water off peas.
Add 5 cups water to peas, bring to a boil.
Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients except rice and additional green onion,... - 39.9941
Rock Lobster Jambalaya
Prepare lobster-tails according to package directions.
Cut away underside membrane; remove meat from shells.
Cut into bite-sized pieces.
Heat olive oil in Dutch oven.
Add onions and green pepper; saute for' 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, 4 cups water, salt, basil... - 45.0251
Chicken And Shrimp Jambalaya
In Dutch oven, heat butter over medium high heat; cook onion and celery for 3 minutes.
Add green pepper, sausage, chicken, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, thyme, salt, cayenne and black pepper; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and... - 36.5806
In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium low heat; prick sausage and cook, turning often, for 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
Remove and set aside.
Drain all but 2 tbsp (25 mL) drippings from pan; cook celery, onion, garlic and hot pepper flakes over... - 44.5697
Place chicken in Dutch oven.
Add enough water to cover chicken.
Season with salt and pepper.
Heat until water boils.
Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 45 minutes.
Remove chicken from broth; set aside.
Strain broth; reserve 2 cups.
Brown sausage in large... - 36.8574
In a Dutch oven or large kettle, saute the chicken in the oil and butter.
Add the sausage and vegetables, continue to saute until vegetables are tender.
Stir in the remaining ingredients, reduce heat, cover and simmer on low heat for 40-45 minutes.
Serve. - 36.5716
1. In nonreactive 5-quart Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until browned, about 10 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer sausage to paper towels to drain. When cool enough to handle, cut sausage into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
2. To drippings in Dutch... - 35.4044
Red Creole Jambalaya
Jambalaya is a classic New Orleans dish that is a signature to Creole and Cajun cuisine. This red jambalaya is a Creole version with French and Spanish influences. In fact, this recipe is thought to be a regional variation of a Spanish paella using tomatoes... - 132.76
Chicken Pork And Sausage Jambalaya
Combine 3 tablespoons bacon drippings and flour in a large Dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 10 minutes or until roux is the color of a copper penny.
Stir in onions, parsley, and garlic.
Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender,... - 34.39
Ham And Pork Jambalaya
Cut pork (lean and fat) into cubes about Mi-inch square.
Chop onion and garlic very fine.
Dice ham and cut sausage into pieces.
Melt lard in a heavy iron pot or Dutch oven.
Add onion, garlic, pork and ham; brown slowly, stirring frequently.
Add sausage, bay... - 40.4633
Ham And Seafood Jambalaya
Heat butter in large heavy saucepan or Dutch oven.
Add onion and garlic and cook gently until yellow.
Add ham and cook and stir over low heat 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
Sprinkle rice in on top of tomatoes.
Add bay leaf, basil, salt, pepper... - 38.766
Combine first 10 ingredients in a large Dutch oven.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and cook, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Add rice and remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and cook, uncovered, 5 minutes or until okra is tender.
Remove and discard bay... - 33.9365
In a Dutch oven or large kettle, saute the sausage in the oil and butter.
Add the vegetables, continue to saute until vegetables are tender.
Stir in all the remaining ingredients except the salmon and cray fish, reduce heat, cover and simmer on low heat for... - 36.9878
1) In a Dutch oven, lightly brown the chicken pieces in the butter or margarine, remove and keep aside.
2) Then lightly brown the ham, stir in the garlic and onions, saute for 5 minutes, until softened.
3) Then return the chicken into the oven and stir... - 41.192
1) Boil the rice in a pot of boiling water as per its packet instructions. Set aside and keep warm.
2) In a Dutch-oven, heat oil and saute onions, green pepper and mushrooms until soft.
3) Mix in the tomatoes and continue cooking. Add in the flour and... - 41.5361
1) Into a blender, add the diced ham. Pulse on low speed twice or thrice to coarsely chop the ham.
2) Into a bowl, add in the ham.
3) Into the blender, add in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, garlic, onion, green pepper, salt, thyme and pepper. Pulse... - 45.267
Butter Chicken Jambalaya
Cook sausage in a large Dutch oven until browned; remove from pan with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
Add onion, celery, 3/4 cup green pepper, garlic, and butter to pan; saute over medium-high heat until tender.
Add salt and next 6 ingredients, stirring... - 35.4011
Chicken And Ham Jambalaya
1. Place chicken in a large kettle or Dutch oven; add water, salt, pepper and bay leaf; bring to boiling; reduce heat; cover.
2. Simmer 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender; remove chicken from broth; reserve. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from... - 35.2563
1 In a large kettle or dutch oven,place the chicken.Add water, salt, pepper, and bay leaf; bring to boil; reduce heat and cover.
2 Simmer for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender; remove chicken from the broth. When cool enough to handle, remove... - 40.2519
1) Take a Dutch oven and melt butter in it. Saute green pepper and onion in it for about 5 minutes or until softened.
2) Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Stir in flour and cook for another 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
3) Add tomatoes... - 43.3022
Ham And Shrimp Jambalaya
1. In a 6-quart Dutch oven or stockpot, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Add the sausage plus the ham, if you wish, and saute for 5 minutes. Add the celery, onion, green pepper, and garlic and saute for 5 minutes or until soft.
2. Stir in the flour,... - 36.0528
Uncle Ben's Ham Hock Jambalaya
Place the ham, carrots, the 1 yellow onion, and celery in a pot, and cover with water.
Cook for 2 hours, and then add the chicken and 1 bay leaf.
Cover, and simmer for about 1 hour, or until the chicken is tender.
Allow the pot to cool a bit.
Bone the... - 37.5894
Gonzales Chicken Jambalaya
1. Coat large Dutch oven with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add sausage. Brown thoroughly, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove. Halve sausages lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Return to hot pan. Stir, adding a splash of chicken broth to prevent... - 38.6213
Seafood Sausage Jambalaya
Remove casing from sausage; slice sausage into 1/2-inch pieces.
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add sausage, green pepper, and next 3 ingredients; cook, until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender, stirring... - 40.3582
1) In a large Dutch oven, add onion, green pepper and garlic to sauté in butter until the onions turn tender.
2) Sprinkle flour and sauté to make a smooth consistency.
3) Slowly pour in water and wine and keep on blending.
4) Fold in remaining... - 46.0716
Traditional Creole Jambalaya With Smoked Chicken
Well, if you are soon going to host a sports party at home, see what Dave has to offer! Here the chef has prepared the jambalaya with a wonderfully smoked chicken in a tomato base; definitely a great meal in all sense. Not to mention the interesting... - 100.909
Creole Chicken Jambalaya
Creole chicken jimbalaya is a three meat vegetable jimbalaya made with added sausage and ham. Cooked with rice and veggies like onions and tomato with added tomato paste, the creole chicken jimbalaya is finished with a simmer and served with a stirred in dash... - 44.1851
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In Dutch oven, melt butter and saute for 5 minutes till the onions are soft.
3. Add garlic and ham. Saute 5 minutes more.
4. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, bay leaf, red-pepper sauce, shrimp, parsley,salt,... - 46.4634
Chicken And Sausage Jambalaya
1. In a large frying pan or Dutch oven, cook sausage in 1/2 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat, turning, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a bowl.
2. Add remaining I 1/2 tablespoons oil to pan. Sprinkle... - 34.422
In large nonstick saucepan or Dutch oven, heat 1 Tb (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat. Add Italian sausages; cook over medium-low heat 8 to 10 minutes or until firm and lightly browned. Remove; set aside.
Increase heat to medium. Add pork; cook 3 to 5... - 34.391
1 Saute onion, green pepper and garlic in butter or margarine until soft in a large heavy saucepan or Dutch oven. Stir in soup, water, tomatoes, bay leaf, chili powder and thyme. (For easy peeling, place tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds.) Cover; s - 22.8979
Easy Chicken And Sausage Jambalaya
Place the bell pepper, onion, celery and green onions in an 8 quart Dutch oven sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Saute over medium-low heat until tender.
Rinse the chicken and pat dry; cut into 1 inch-wide strips.
Stir the chicken and sausage into the... - 38.2388
1. Saute onion, green pepper and garlic in butter or margarine until soft in a large, heavy saucepan or Dutch oven. Stir in soup, water, tomatoes, bay leaf, chili powder and thyme. Cover; simmer 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
2. Stir in shrimps, chicken and... - 31.0897
Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over high heat until hot.
Add chicken, stirring until brown on all sides.
Add sausage; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove chicken and sausage from saucepan; set aside.
Add chopped... - 42.5894
Southern Style Jambalaya
1) Take a large Dutch oven and combine together 3 tablespoons bacon drippings with flour. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until roux turns the color of a copper penny.
2) Add parsley, onion and garlic.
3) Cook for about 10-15 minutes or... - 44.245