- » Dutch Bacon
Dutch Bacon Recipes
Enjoy our collection of dutch bacon recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for dutch bacon recipes.
Separate lettuce in leaves; place in cold water.
Re- frigerate for 1 hour or longer; drain well.
Cook bacon until crisp.
Drain; reserve drippings.
Place al- ternate layers of lettuce, bacon, eggs, onions and po- tatoes in serving dish.
Add vinegar, sugar and... - 35.2229
Hot Dutch Dressing
Fry bacon in skillet until crisp; drain and crumble.
Beat egg; beat in sugar.
Stir in vinegar and 1 tablespoon water; stir into pan drippings in skillet.
Cook until slightly thickened, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
Add bacon; cool slightly before... - 26.2518
In skillet, cook bacon till crisp.
Do not drain.
Combine egg, vinegar, onion, sugar, water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; add to bacon and drippings.
Heat just to boiling, stirring constantly.
Place lettuce in bowl.
Pour hot dressing over and toss lightly. - 32.1132
Scrub medium sized potatoes; pare or leave the skins on as preferred.
With an apple corer cut a tunnel through the center of each, lengthwise.
Draw through each cavity one of the frankfurters.
Place in a dripping pan and lay a blanket of fat salt pork or a... - 27.0067
Dutch-oven New England Clam Chowder
Drain clams; reserve liquid.
Cook onion and bacon in a Dutch oven until bacon is browned.
Stir in clam liquid, potatoes, salt, and pepper; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup milk; add to potato mixture.
Add... - 37.916
Manhattan Clam Chowder In Dutch Oven
1. With stiff brush, scrub clams with running cold water until free of sand. In 8-quart Dutch oven or saucepot over high heat, heat 1 cup water to boiling. Add clams; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover Dutch oven and simmer just until clams open, 5 to... - 37.0065
Hot Dutch Potato Salad
Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp, remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
Crumble bacon, and set aside.
Combine flour, sugar, and dry mustard, mix well.
Add to drippings, stirring until smooth.
Cook 1 minute, stirring... - 41.2013
Dutch-Style Chowder has a marvelous taste. The beacon and cream of chicken soup gives the Dutch-Style Chowder a two Dimensional taste. Dutch-Style Chowder is inspired by restaurants universally. Must try it. - 30.8559
Baked Beans In A Dutch Oven
If you have never heard of Dutch oven baked beans, the you should be watching this video. I bet you will fall in love with the cooking method at the end of the video. Dave choose to cook with dried baked beans and the outcome is a superbly looking delicious... - 111.333
Carnivores Dutch Oven Pizza
Forget pre-packaged hot dogs, steaks and pancakes! Here's an easy to make recipe that you would enjoy making beside the campfire. Dutch oven pizza is just the thing for outdoor freaks that can be assembled using just a handful of pizza staples. Not only is it... - 116.75
Pennsylvania Dutch Style Green Beans
Fry bacon in skillet until crisp.
Remove from pan and crumble.
Drain off all but 2 tablespoons drippings and add onion and brown lightly.
Stir in cornstarch, salt, and dry mustard.
Drain beans, reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
Stir liquid into skillet and cook,... - 41.9511
Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Bake
In skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove.
Pour off all but 1/4 cup drippings.
Gradually blend broth into flour until smooth; slowly stir into drippings.
Add remaining ingredients except potatoes.
Cook, stirring until thickened.
In 1 1/2-quart shallow baking... - 39.5076
Dutch Style Chowder
Cook bacon in a saucepan until crisp.
Remove from pan to absorbent paper.
Pour off all except 1 tablespoon fat from pan.
Add onion and cook until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the soups, milk, water, and corn.
Heat thoroughly,... - 38.0183
Pennsylvania Dutch Hot Slaw
1. In 5-quart Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until browned. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
2. To drippings in pot, add cabbage and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until cabbage is tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir in... - 29.4674
Toss lettuce and onions together.
Fry bacon; drain off most of drippings.
Combine bacon and vinegar.
Cream sugar, egg and sour cream; add to bacon mixture.
Cook until thick; cool slightly.
Pour over lettuce and onion while warm. - 31.2221
Outdoor Cast Iron Humboldt Smokey Cheddar Waffles
Waffles are crispy good snacks to binge on any time of the day. Check out Joanny showing how to make Smokey Cheddar Waffles along with smokey bacon bits in an outdoor oven. Enjoy every bit of it breathing fresh air! - 98.9662
Holland Hot Salad
1. In a salad bowl place the lettuce and keep it in a fridge.
2. In a pan fry the bacon until crisp, remove drain on paper towel and crumble.
4. Sprinkle the bacon over the lettuce.
5. 3. In the pan add vinegar, salt and sugar to bacon fat, heat it a... - 42.3738
Dutch Oven Chicken Stew With Mushrooms And Ale
It's time to break out the Dutch oven and cook up a unique pot of Chicken Stew! Slightly sweet, hearty full of chicken and mushrooms, simmered in beer and topped with bacon. Using a antique Dutch oven on the grill and some very basic ingredients you can... - 0
Pennsylvania Dutch Green Bean Salad
This is how I show my love to my near and dear ones, yes by preparing their favorite Pennsylvania Dutch Green Bean Salad using this recipe. The primary ingredient in this is Vegetable. Treat your near and dear ones with this amazing Pennsylvania Dutch Green... - 50.7738
Dutch Hot Cabbage
Dice and fry bacon.
Shred cabbage and dice celery.
Add cabbage and celery to bacon; cook just enough to absorb the fat but not to brown, turning frequently.
Add pepper as desired.
Pour Slaw Dressing over cabbage and toss. - 23.8588
Dutch Green Beans
1) In a skillet, brown the bacon till it has crisped. Drain the bacon and keep 2 tablespoons of the drippings aside.
2) Into small pieces, crumble the bacon.
3) In the bacon drippings, sauté the onions.
4) In a slow cooker, combine together all the... - 35.2054
Pennsylvania Dutch Lettuce
Cook bacon till crisp.
Combine remaining ingredients except the lettuce: add to bacon.
Heat just to boiling, stirring constantly.
Tear lettuce into bowl; pour hot dressing over and toss lightly. - 31.3211
New England Clam Chowder In Dutch Oven
1. In a large casserole or Dutch oven, sauté the bacon over a high flame to render fat and until crisp.
2. With a slotted spoon remove bacon on paper toweling and keep aside for garnishing.
3. To the bacon drippings in casserole, add onion and sauté... - 47.4458
Quick Dutch Pea Soup
Put the peas and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
Add the bacon and pig's trotter and simmer for a further 2 hours.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying-pan.
Add the vegetables and fry for 5 minutes.
Remove the... - 45.3284
Saute the bacon until crisp.
Skim out and add to the lettuce.
Saute the onion lightly in the bacon fat.
Stir in the flour and blend.
Stir the vinegar into this mixture.
If the vinegar is rather sharp dilute it with a little water.
Stir until smooth,... - 38.9098
Dutch Potato Salad
Cut the bacon into strips and fry in a pan.
Add onion and chopped capsicum, and cook for 3-4 mins.
Put in salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar and beaten egg,and cook for a while.
Add diced potatoes and boiled eggs cut in halves.
Blend very lightly, and serve... - 32.8691
Pennsylvania Dutch Lettuce
1) In a skillet , saute the bacon until crisp.
2) Mix in rest of the ingredients except the leaf lettuce, stir continuously and bring to a boil.
3) In a salad bowl, tear the leaf lettuce.
4) Pour over the hot dressing and toss gently to... - 38.5677
Pennsylvania Dutch Salad
This recipe of Pennsylvania Dutch Salad was picked up by me from a gourmet magazine, I twisted it a little bit to meet my taste here I am, sharing my version with you. The goodness vegetable comes from the dandelion greens and makes this a healthy treat. A... - 51.8628
Dutch Potato Salad
1) Dice hot potatoes and keep aside.
2)Take a double boiler and combine flour, vinegar, water, and brown sugar in the top of the boiler.
3) Add mayonnaise and cook over boiling water until the mixture slightly thickens.
4) Take a bowl,... - 47.5706
Dutch Oven Baked Beans
Wash and sort beans.
Soak in water overnight.
Simmer in Dutch Oven Roaster about 30 minutes, then skim.
Fry salt pork in skillet until golden brown and nearly done.
Add seasonings and blend.
Then add this mixture to beans.
Cover and simmer about 3 hours.
Tilt... - 38.8623
Pennsylvania Dutch Cabbage Knabrus
1. In a large skillet, melt fat over a medium flame.
2. Spread onions on the bottom in a single layer and sprinkle ½ tsp salt.
3. Layer the cabbage over the onions and sprinkle remaining ½ tsp salt.
4. Place a tight fitting lid on the skillet and... - 37.6039
Dutch Meatballs With Endive Mash
Everybody loves the classic Italian Meatballs and the Swedish meatballs but have you ever tried the Dutch meatball? Gehaktbal or the almighty Dutch Meatball is one of the national foods of Holland. It's so important to the Dutch that they have a designated... - 119.546
Dutch Oven Baked Beans
Wash and sort beans.
Soak in fresh water overnight.
Place beans in Dutch Oven over medium-high heat.
When valve clicks, reduce heat to low and simmer about 30 minutes, then skim.
Meanwhile, fry salt pork until golden brown and nearly done.
Add salt... - 43.1288
Pennsylvania Dutch Fried Tomatoes
1. Dust the tomato slices with flour.
2. Arrange in a plate.
3. In a large skillet or frying pan, heat drippings over a medium high flame.
4. When oil is hot slide in the tomatoes.
5. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, flipping with a... - 35.5994
Pennsylvania Dutch Corn Chowder
1. Take a 3-or 4-quart saucepan and melt margarine in it.
2. Add scallion in hot margarine and saute the same until it turns soft in texture. It will take 1-2 minutes time for desired effect.
3. Now add flour to sautÃ©ed scallions and mix smoothly;... - 44.8793
Pennsylvania Dutch Salad Dressing
Fry bacon until crisp; set aside.
Combine all remaining ingredients in top of double boiler.
Cook until mixture thickens, stirring con stantly.
Remove from heat; add crumbled bacon.
Pour over tossed salad greens.
Dress ing can be reheated or kept hot over hot... - 33.8206
Dutch Corn And Cabbage
Spray a slow cooker container with butter-flavored cooking spray.
In prepared container, combine cabbage, corn, and water.
Add bacon bits, Splenda, parsley flakes, and black pepper.
Mix well to combine.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
Mix well before... - 36.4322
Hot Dutch Potato Salad
Dice bacon and pan-fry.
Add chopped onion and green pepper.
Cook 3 minutes.
Add vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar and beaten egg.
Add cubed potatoes, grated carrot and diced hard-cooked eggs.
Blend slightly and serve hot. - 36.1805
Pennsylvania Dutch Baked Beans
Mix ingredients and bake 3 to 4 hours at 250° in uncovered baking pan or until beans are tender, stirring occasionally. - 21.4049
Dutch Split Pea Soup
Cut off and discard tough green tops, outer leaves, and root ends from leeks.
Split leeks lengthwise and rinse well; slice thinly and set aside.
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir bacon often until brown.
With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon... - 41.8809
Dutch Oven Sore Tummy Breakfast
On top of stove or over charcoal, brown sausage in open Dutch oven.
Add onions, cover and cook until tender, about 10 min.; if using kitchen oven, bake at 375°; if cooking over charcoal, add charcoal to top of camp type Dutch oven.
Add potatoes and continue... - 35.1295
Early Dutch Coleslaw
This is a wonderful recipe for Early Dutch Coleslaw. You just have to make this yummy Early Dutch Coleslaw for your family. Enjoy! - 47.0772
Potato Leek Soup With Bacon
A great go-to soup with leeks, potatoes and topped with crispy bacon. Very few ingredients and absolutely delicious. - 0
Bacon Corn Chowder
1. Cut kernels from corncobs (about 3 cups), reserving 3 corncobs; discard remaining corncobs.
2. In 5-quart Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until browned. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain; crumble.
3. To bacon drippings in... - 38.0126
Spicy Bacon Bean Pot
In Dutch oven combine beans, corn, bacon, onion, pepper, barbecue sauce, chili powder, and garlic powder.
Cover and cook over medium heat 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle with cheese. - 32.2189
Sort and wash beans; place in a Dutch oven.
Cover with water to a depth of 2 inches above beans; let soak overnight.
Drain beans well; set aside.
Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in... - 45.1891
Beef And Bacon Brgundy Casserole
Beef Burgundy is a delicious recipe which you will love to serve to your friends and family. This is something which I tried on my last weekend party and it was a great hit. So, why dont you try the same and share your experience with us! - 42.7645
Bacon And Sausage Black Bean Soup
Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon, and set aside, reserving drippings in pan.
Saute onion, carrot, celery, and garlic in drippings 3 minutes or until tender.
Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add bacon and... - 40.5633
Bacon Minestrone Soup
1) In Dutch oven scramble-fry bacon, onion and ground beef to brown.
2) In a pan boil water and dissolve bouillon cubes to it.
3) Add it to the bacon mixture,
4) Mix the next 10 ingredients.
5) Let it boil.
6) Cook covered and simmer for about 25... - 49.3175
Succotash employs more than a well-known combination and you will really enjoy this recipe. Succotash has got its own unique taste. One that you will love! - 27.5808
Bacon Tomato Sauce
Cook the bacon in a large saucepan or Dutch oven for about 2 minutes.
Add the onions, celery and carrots and cook until onions are tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients and 2 cups water and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally and adding water, if... - 32.9225
Turkey Stuffed With Bacon And Sausage
1. Preheat the dutch oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Stuff the bacon and sausage into the turkey.
3. Season turkey with oil, salt, pepper, sage, garlic and paprika.
4. Place turkey in smoker and smoke at low heat with soaked pecan &... - 109.217
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
1. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, italian sausage mince and the parmesan cheese.
2. Make a pit and stuff the Jalapenos with this mix from the top.
3. Use a bacon strip piece to secure the top along with a tooth pick.
4. Place in a dutch oven tray and... - 101.917
Ribeye Burgers Stuffed With Bourbon-braised Bacon
This epic ribeye burger is composed of the following: ribeye patty stuffed with bourbon-braised bacon, melted blue-brie cheese, crispy prosciutto, Bermuda onions, Boston bibb lettuce, bourbon bernaise, and butter-browned challah buns. Were you searching for... - 0
Pork Steaks With Crab And Raspberry Peppercorn Holland Aise
Pick through and wash the berries.
Puree in a food processor then strain to remove pulp and seeds.
Pour into a sauce pan and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until only 4 tbsp (60 ml) of liquid remain.
Wrap the bacon around the pork steaks.
Broil over... - 36.8399
Roast Guinea Fowl With Blueberry Holland Aise
Split the guinea fowl in half and place them on a baking sheet.
Layer the bacon over the birds, and sprinkle with seasonings.
Roast them in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and remove the bones while hot.
While birds roast... - 33.4158
Homemade Holiday Turkey
1. Rinse and pat dry turkey.
2. Rub turkey with olive or vegetable oil.
3. Stuff cavity with 1 package sliced bacon and 1 package sage sausage.
4. Season turkey with salt, pepper, sage, garlic and paprika.
5. Place turkey in smoker and... - 98.4154
Mixed Seafood Chowder
Seafood dishes are great as starters, appetizers and even mains. Here is a recipe to make seafood chowder with an ensemble of octopus, squid, etc, vegetables and seasonings in an outdoor oven. Great indulgence outdoors! - 122.093
Bell Peppers Stuffed With Sticky Rice And Sweet Sausage
Want to try out something different with rice and bell peppers. Here is a recipe to cook bell peppers stuffed with rice and sweet sausage in an outdoor cast iron oven. Great after getting topped with grated cheese! - 123.781
Homestyle Smoky Bean Trio With Bacon And Beef
1. In a skillet, cook bacon, pat dry and chop into 1/4" pieces. (Set aside and leave 2 tablespoons bacon drippings for the onion mix)
2. In another skillet, cook beef in a dutch oven or skillet until browned on the outside and drain off grease.
3. Add... - 99.8395
Bacon And Chicken Marengo
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in 5-quart Dutch oven over medium heat; add chicken, skin-side down. Cook until chicken is golden, 7 to 8 minutes. Turn chicken over; add onion and garlic. Cook until... - 39.2778
Bacon Cheeseburger Buns
In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
Add the milk, sugar, shortening, eggs, salt and 3-1/2 cups flour; beat until smooth.
Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about... - 43.4568
Sweet And Sour Brussels Sprouts
In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
In the drippings, saute brussels sprouts and onion until crisp-tender.
Add the vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard and pepper.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce... - 34.5221
Macaroni Broccoli Soup
1) In a Dutch oven brown bacon over medium heat.
2) Mix in the next 8 ingredients.
3) Boil the mixture.
4) Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
5) Serve hot. - 44.5432
Catch As Catch Can Chowder
In a heavy Dutch oven saute the bacon until crisp.
Add onion, potatoes, water and soup mix.
Stir and simmer 15 minutes or until potato is almost tender.
Add tomato soup, fish cut in 1-inch pieces and corn.
Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until fish... - 36.6253
Father Tim's Company Stew
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Saute bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, turning, until crisp.
Move the cooked bacon to a Dutch oven, leaving the drippings in the skillet.
Season the lamb with salt and pepper, toss the lamb in the flour, and brown on both... - 47.1487
Hearty Polish Soup
In a Dutch oven, fry bacon until crisp.
Remove bacon bits; drain on paper toweling.
Pour off all but 2 tablespoons bacon drippings.
Add onions, beef and pork.
Cook until onion is tender, stirring often.
Add caraway seeds, seasoned salt, garlic powder,... - 45.128
Okra And Tomatoes
1)Wash, drain and cut okra into 1/2 inch slices.
2)In a Dutch oven, fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
3)Cook cut okra in dripping of bacon until brown in color.
4)Toss in onion, green pepper and cook until tender with... - 41.786
German Lentil Soup
1. In 5-quart Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium-low heat until lightly browned. Add onions, carrots, and celery; cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Add lentils, ham hock, water, bay leaf, salt, thyme, and pepper; heat to... - 35.4105
Quick Okra Chowder
1)In a large Dutch oven, fry bacon. Make sure that they do not turn crisp but remain tender.
2)Toss in the chopped green pepper and minced onion and cook until tender.
3)Now, add sliced okra, tomatoes, lima beans, corn, parsley flakes and... - 42.39
European Choucroute Garnie
Place sauerkraut in deep bowl.
Fill bowl with cold water and let stand for 15 minutes.
Drain and press out all water.
Melt lard in Dutch oven.
Add bacon and onion and cook until browned.
Add sausage and pork shoulder and cook until meat is... - 45.7968
Chicken Brunswick Stew
Heat bacon drippings in Dutch oven over medium heat.
Sauté onions, stirring occasionally, until tender.
Brown chicken and add seasonings.
Add 2 cups boiling water, tomatoes, sherry and Worcestershire sauce.
Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes.
Add r - 35.2182
Quick Manhattan Style Chowder
Brown bacon with garlic in heavy-bottomed large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
When bacon is almost crisp, add onion and green pepper and saute until tender .
Stir in stock and tomatoes.
Add clams and barley and blend well.
Bring mixture to... - 39.81
European Lentil Soup
Cover lentils with water and let soak overnight.
In a deep Dutch oven saute onions in the hot bacon dripping until a golden color.
Add lentils and all remaining ingredients except milk.
Cover and simmer 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Discard bay... - 41.8767
Kettle Liver And Onions
1. Take a kettle or Dutch oven and sautÃ© bacon. Remove from the heat and keep aside for future usage.
2. Pour off all drippings, then measure 3 tablespoonfuls and return to kettle.
3. Add onions and sautÃ© until the ingredient turn golden.
4.... - 42.9878
End Of The Month Lentil Soup
Saute bacon in a Dutch oven or heavy soup kettle until fat is rendered.
Stir in lentils, carrots, onions, celery, and garlic.
Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
Add remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat... - 43.1559
Grand Coq Au Vin
Put the bacon in a large Dutch oven over moderate heat and fry, stirring constantly, until it has rendered its fat.
Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and the onions and fry until they are golden.
Transfer the onions and bacon to a plate and set aside.
Brown the... - 44.5847
Italian Minestrone Soup
In large Dutch oven or kettle, saute" bacon until crisp; remove and reserve drippings.
Saut6 onions, celery and carrot until tender.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
I usually double this recipe for my family of... - 40.0346
Quail In Sour Cream
Wrap each bird in slice of bacon; fasten with toothpicks.
Crush juniper berries in Dutch oven; place birds atop and pour over boiling water.
Cover and simmer 35 minutes or till birds are tender.
Combine sour cream, lemon juice, Tabasco sauce, salt, and... - 33.1348
1) Take a Dutch oven and partially cook bacon in it over medium heat until it turns light brown in color.
2) Add onion and cook until onion becomes tender and bacon gets crisp.
3) Add bluefish and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until fish begins to get... - 47.1248
In large skillet, brown the bacon and chorizo.
Remove to large dutch oven.
Discard all but 4 tablespoons of fat.
Add the pork, chicken, and ham and brown.
Then mix with the chorizo in dutch oven.
Saute the celery and artichoke hearts 5 minutes and add to... - 46.4603
Fettuccine That's Creamy
1) In a Dutch oven boil water. Add fettuccine, cooking oil and first amount of salt and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
2) Drain out from water.
3) Put back fettuccine into the pot.
4) Stir in melted butter, second amount of salt and pepper.
5) Toss the... - 46.1776
Corned Beef And Cabbage
Wash cabbage, and cut into 4 wedges .
Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp; remove and drain bacon, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings in Dutch oven.
Combine cabbage, bacon, red pepper, salt, and water in Dutch oven.
Cover and cook over medium... - 30.0355
Simple New Orleans Gumbo
Heat bacon drippings in a saucepan over medium heat.
Whisk in flour until it turns a deep rich brown; set aside.
In a stockpot or Dutch oven, melt butter and sauté garlic, onion, celery and pepper, stirring occasionally, until tender.
Stir in stock, tomat - 31.5368
Chicken Stew With Macaroni & Parsley
1. Trim fat from chicken; melt fat in large heavy kettle or Dutch oven. Brown chicken, a few serving-size pieces at a time; drain on paper toweling.
2. Fry bacon lightly in same kettle; remove and set aside; pour off all fat. Return browned chicken and bacon... - 29.581
Fettuccine With Tomato
1) In a frying pan add bacon pieces and onion. Saute until onion is soft.
2) Mix tomatoes, parsley, basil and garlic powder.
3) Combine and heat thoroughly.
4) Keep warm.
5) In an uncovered Dutch oven boil water. Cook fettuccine, cooking oil and first... - 47.1254
Beef Salt Pork Pot Roast
Trim beef to remove all fat.
Cut bacon or salt pork into long thin strips.
Push bacon strips through meat with larding needle, or with a thin knitting needle.
Heat butter in heavy Dutch oven or deep casserole.
Brown meat in it on all sides.
Add hot water,... - 41.8744
Turnip Greens With Turnips
Wash greens thoroughly; drain.
Tear into bite size pieces.
Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until browned.
Drain bacon, and set aside; reserve drippings in Dutch oven.
Add greens and water.
Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Stir in turnips, sugar, and salt.
Cover and... - 35.0686
Sweet And Sour Greens
Remove stems from greens.
Wash leaves thoroughly, and tear into bite size pieces.
Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven until crisp; remove bacon, reserving drippings in skillet.
Set bacon aside.
Add water, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper to drippings... - 34.1041
Black-eyed Pea Special
Fry bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp.
Remove bacon, reserving drippings in pan.
Crumble bacon, and set aside.
Saute celery, onion, and green pepper in pan drippings for 5 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, and bring mixture to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat,... - 39.5139
Five Bean Salad
The five bean salad is a mixed beans and bacon salad. Prepared by cooking, this five beans salad is heavy and quite filling. Served with crumbled bacon on top, the five bean salad can be served with meals of choice. - 39.1896
Gravy is simply irresistible. Try this amazingly delicious gravy recipe; I am sure you will always tempt to prepare this for every party! - 32.2617
Stir Fried Broccoli And Romaine
Stir Fried Broccoli And Romaine is a good vegetable recipe. If you haven't yet tried your hands on this Stir Fried Broccoli And Romaine, you should. Do not wait for anything. - 25.3954
Creole Fish Soup
In large kettle or Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp; remove and crumble.
In drippings, cook and stir celery, green pepper, onion and garlic until tender.
Add tomatoes with juice, water, bouillon, bay leaf, oregano and black pepper; bring to a boil.
Reduce... - 39.3294
This creole goulash recipe is a stew like recipe made with veal and bacon. Cooked with vegetables and string beans, the creole goulash is seasoned simply with salt and pepper and is ready to serve in about an hour. - 37.8375
In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp.
Remove, drain and crumble bacon; set aside.
Brown meat cubes in drippings.
Add onions, garlic and mushrooms during last five minutes of browning.
Drain off excess fat.
Add crumbled bacon, broth, 1 cup... - 42.5897
Heat oven to 250 degrees.
Grease a 2 1/2-qt. casserole.
Fry bacon in Dutch oven or other deep pan until pan is well greased.
Add onion and green pepper and cook and stir over moderate heat 5 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and cool 2 minutes.
Add beef and... - 41.6495
Heat large heavy skillet or Dutch oven.
Add bacon bits and fry until crisp.
Lift out with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add oil and garlic to pan and heat gently.
Combine 3 tbsp. flour, paprika, 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a flat dish.
Brush steak... - 44.9102
Texas Chili Con Carne
Cover with cold water; let stand covered overnight.
Place beans in large pan with 2 quarts water; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, covered, about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until beans are tender.
Drain beans, save 1 cup liquid.
Cut up... - 38.9092