- » Dutch
Dutch food refers to the foods from the cuisine of Netherlands. Fish and crops constitute the main source of foods for the Dutch and their recipes mostly comprise of dishes made using these ingredients. Dutch food ... More »
1. In a mixing bowl, add egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and Tabasco. Whisk well using a hand whisk.
2. In a small bowl, put butter and place inside the microwave oven until melt.
3. In a pan, pour water and warm it. Place the mixing bowl above the... - 123.78
Dutch Apple Pie
Dutch style pie prepared with the goodness of fresh apples. - 121.94
Dutch Meatballs With Endive Mash
Everybody loves the classic Italian Meatballs and the Swedish meatballs but have you ever tried the Dutch meatball? Gehaktbal or the almighty Dutch Meatball is one of the national foods of Holland. It's so important to the Dutch that they have a designated... - 119.546
Dutch Oven Pork Tenderloin
Dave has come back with another Dutch oven recipe using pork tenderloin. By now, you would have already fallen in love with his Dutch oven recipe, so this recipe is a treat. And if you are one of those who are still thinking, should not waste any time and... - 111.332
Easy Dutch Oven Chicken
In this video, Dave cooks an Easy Dutch Oven Chicken dish that is juicy, tender and delicious. This video is worth watching as Dave gives a lot of ideas for slow cooking chicken for those who do not have Dutch oven. And those who have can make this dish with... - 103.338
Classic Holland Gin Cocktail
Genever is the grand-daddy of a London Gin and it's from Holland!Voila... Here is Bols Genever together with Lucid absinthe as the Holland Gin. - 99.5448
Outdoor Dutch Oven Cookies
Cookies are just right for any season, moment and hour of the day and here is a recipe to make them outdoor. Watch the chefs in the video showing how to bake them in Dutch oven outdoor. Good to enjoy with some hot beverages. - 99.1565
Our chef from The Virgin Kitchen shows us how to make this Dutch dish – Pepernoten! Now, Pepernoten (literally, 'pepper nuts', the Dutch equivalent of Pfeffernüsse) are a cookie-like kind of confectionery, traditionally associated with the Sinterklaas... - 97.3743
Dutch Oven Apple Crisp
It's time to share a dessert with all you lovely people out there. Check out the yummy and delicious Dutch Oven Apple Crisp. A great dessert recipe which can be served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. - 97.3505
Pennsylvania Dutch Salad
This recipe of Pennsylvania Dutch Salad was picked up by me from a gourmet magazine, I twisted it a little bit to meet my taste here I am, sharing my version with you. The goodness vegetable comes from the dandelion greens and makes this a healthy treat. A... - 51.8628
Dutch Apple Cake
Set your taste-buds reeling with delight with this enticingly delicious Dutch Apple Cake. Also, you might find it hard to believe, how easy it is to make this Dutch Apple Cake. So don't miss it! - 50.2476
Dutch Raisin Doughnuts
Do you want a delicious dutch raisin doughnuts recipe? Even though dutch raisin doughnuts is a dessert I enjoy snacking on it any time of the day. This yummy yummy dutch raisin doughnuts recipe is a gift of the european cuisine. It is always prepared with a... - 50.0662
Dutch Apple Pie
The dutch apple pie is a spiced and richly flavored apple pie made with apples and molasses. Made with a dough base, the dutch apple pie is baked in the oven with cinnamon for flavor. Sprinkled with added sugar on top, this dessert apple pie is worth a try... - 49.2532
Dutch Apple Doughnuts
These Dutch Apple Doughnuts easily finds their way to the top of my favorite list! Indulge in this delicious snack. Enjoy these topped with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, or any of your favorite toppings. Filled with the goodness of apples and raisins, this... - 48.9932
Dutch Honey Bread
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
3) Add the buttermilk, egg and honey. Blend well.
4) Pour into an oiled loaf pan.
5) Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, till the crust is firm.
6) Slice... - 48.779
Dutch Plum Cake
1. Pre heat an oven at 187.5 C (375 F).
2. Grease an 8 inch x 8 inch baking pan with butter and keep aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup flour, 3/4 cup sugar and butter. Mix well using hands till they form a crumb texture. Keep... - 48.5809
Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken And Corn Soup
1) Take a Dutch oven or a large saucepan and place chicken in it with breast side down.
2) Add water, onion, pepper and salt.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 35 minutes or until chicken turns tender.
4) Allow... - 48.5359
Dutch Apple Cake
1) Preheat oven hot to 400°F, 200°C or Gas No. 6.
2) Peel, core and thinly slice the apples.
3) In a bowl sift flour and baking powder. Add sugar and mix.
4) Add egg, milk and melted butter.
5) Add to the flour and with a wooden spoon... - 48.3852
Classic Dutch Apple Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (215°C).
2. Fit the pastry into 9" (23 cm) pie plate by rolling it over it.
3. Flute it through edges.
4. In a bowl combine butter, apples, sugar and cinnamon and spread it over the pastry.
5. Take a... - 48.3027
For a quick midday-snack, try out these Holland Snaps. The chocolate and vanilla are a great combination. I enjoy having these over ice cream as well! Not too much effort required in trying these, i think its definitely worth a try! - 48.1495
Dutch Bean Soup
1. Soak beans overnight.
2. Grate corn off the cob if using fresh corn.
3. In a pan, take soaked beans.
4. Add vegetables and water. Simmer on a very low flame for around 1 hour or until beans become tender.
5. In a bowl, mix flour... - 48.0775
Dutch Apple Pie
1. Place the pastry lined flan tin on a baking sheet.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F, 200°C
3. Dice the apples and keep aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine ingredients for spicy topping. Rub the flour with the butter till it resembles... - 48.0002
Dutch Apple Cake
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Sift together the flour, three tablespoons of the sugar, the baking powder and the salt.
Cut in the shortening with two knives or a pastry blender.
Combine the egg and milk and add to the dry ingredients.
Mix to a soft... - 47.9264
Dutch Tile Cookies
1) Preheat oven to 375F.
2) On sheet of waxed paper, sift flour with baking powder and salt; keep aside.
3) In large bowl, with wooden spoon, beat butter with sugar and vanilla and almond extracts until smooth.
4) Gradually add flour... - 47.886
Baked Dutch Apple Cake
Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar into a large bowl.
Work in the butter with a pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly.
Beat the egg and milk together and add them to the mixture, stirring with a fork to form a dough.
Don't... - 47.849
Dutch Cottage Cheese Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Take a bowl and add cottage cheese to it and beat it until smooth.
3. Fold in thoroughly whipped eggs into it by adding one at a time.
4. Gradually add salt, molasses, cinnamon, sugar, lemon juice... - 47.7884
Dutch Cake With Peaches
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine 2 cups biscuit mix (keep aside 1 tablespoon), 3 tablespoons sugar, milk, egg and 2 tablespoons butter. Mix well and spread uniformly on to an 8 inch round baking... - 47.7218
Dutch Potato Salad
1) Dice hot potatoes and keep aside.
2)Take a double boiler and combine flour, vinegar, water, and brown sugar in the top of the boiler.
3) Add mayonnaise and cook over boiling water until the mixture slightly thickens.
4) Take a bowl,... - 47.5706
Pennsylvania Dutch Ginger Bread
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Cream together the sugar and butter, along with the eggs and molasses and mix properly.
3) Sift together the spieces and flour. To the first mixture, add the sifted mixture alternatively... - 47.4854
Dutch Apple Cake
1. Heat milk to scalding point and stir in sugar and shortening. Keep aside to cool to lukewarm
2. Grease two 8-inch baking pans with oil or butter.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F 15 minutes before baking time.
4. In a large mixing bowl,... - 47.4468
Early Dutch Coleslaw
This is a wonderful recipe for Early Dutch Coleslaw. You just have to make this yummy Early Dutch Coleslaw for your family. Enjoy! - 47.0772
In a large bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
Add egg yolks one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
Sift flour with cornstarch and baking powder.
Fold into butter mixture.
Knead to a firm dough.
Halve dough;... - 46.1943
Dutch Soup With Bread
1) In a slow cooker, put the beef bones, thyme, bay leaf, onion stuck with cloves, parsley, bouillon granules or cubes, salt and pepper.
2) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
3) Before it is time to serve, remove and discard the... - 46.1463
Golden Dutch Apple And Lemon Cake
Golden Dutch Apple And Lemon Cake is just the right pick to try out for parties. It is the flavors of apples, lemon, butter together with milk that add to the yumminess of this cake. Just give this Golden Dutch Apple and Lemon Cake a try. - 46.0399
Dutch Apple Walnut Cake
Peel, core, and finely chop apples.
In large mixer bowl combine eggs and vanilla.
Beat at high speed of electric mixer for 2 minutes or till light.
Gradually add oil, beating for 2 minutes or till thick.
Gradually beat in sugar.
Stir together flour, baking... - 45.8716
Dutch Ginger Raisin Fruit Cake
In small bowl, combine raisins and the 1/2 cup rum.
Let stand, covered, several hours or overnight.
In large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
Beat in eggs, one at a time.
In another small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices and salt; stir into creamed... - 45.8496
Dutch Apple Cake
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Generously butter a 10-inch cast-iron skillet.
(If you don't have such a skillet, use a 10-inch-wide, 2-inch-deep flan pan lined with buttered parchment paper, but an iron skillet is much better.) Core and peel apples; drop them... - 45.6954
Pear Cake Dutch Hard Sauce
Sift flour, sugar, soda, baking powder and salt together.
Cut in 4 1/2 tablespoons of the butter with 2 knives or pastry blender.
Add buttermilk combined with slightly beaten egg and stir..just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
Pour in a greased baking pan... - 45.6381
Chicken With Peaches From Holland
1) Cut the chicken into quarter.
2) Skin the banans and cut lengthwise into halves.
3) In a large pan, heat 2 pz of butter.
4)... - 45.5694
Dutch Apple Cake
Lightly grease a 10-inch microwave fluted tube pan.
Sprinkle walnuts on bottom and sides of the pan.
In a large mixing bowl stir together flours, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
In a large mixer bowl combine eggs and... - 45.5676
Dutch Cherry Cake
Drain cherries, saving juice.
Sift flour, salt, baking powder and 1/2 cup sugar together.
Beat egg yolks and combine with milk, vanilla and melted shortening.
Add to flour all at once and beat until smooth.
Fold in cherries.
Beat egg whites until stiff but... - 45.4007
Dutch Apple Raisin Pie
In large saucepan over low heat, simmer raisins in water until liquid is almost absorbed, 5 to 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
Stir into raisin mixture along with lemon juice and apples.
Turn into pastry-lined 9-inch... - 45.3958
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put together chocolate morsels, butter, corn syrup and sugar and heat it by placing on a container of hot water.
3. Once the chocolates melts, allow it to settle for 5 minutes.
4. Sieve flour, salt... - 45.3945
Dutch Apple Pie
Wash, quarter, core, pare, and thinly slice apples.
Turn slices into unbaked pie shell.
Blend the egg, cream, and extract.
Gradually add a mixture of sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg, mixing well.
Pour over apples in pie shell.
Dot with... - 45.3288
Quick Dutch Pea Soup
Put the peas and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
Add the bacon and pig's trotter and simmer for a further 2 hours.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying-pan.
Add the vegetables and fry for 5 minutes.
Remove the... - 45.3284
Dutch Pork Hot Pot
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2. Trim off all the excess fat from pork.
3. Shake cubes in a paper bag with flour to coat properly.
4. Take a cup and mix together salt, thyme, coriander and pepper.
5. Drain liquid from kidney beans... - 45.3014
Dutch Christmas Loaves
Pour milk over butter, sugar, and salt in bowl; cool to lukewarm.
Soften yeast in the warm water.
Add about 1 cup of the flour to the milk mixture and beat vigorously until smooth.
Stir in the yeast.
Add half the remaining flour; beat well.
Beat in the eggs... - 45.0463
Dutch Apple Pie
This is a great tasting Dutch Apple Pie with low sugar.The ingredients used in Dutch Apple pie will give you the same taste but at a low cal scale.For all those who fear eating too much of sweet on festivals should try this Dutch Apple Pie. - 45.0198
Dutch Yule Cookies
Dutch Yule Cookies is an alluring temptig cookie recipe which you would love to serve to your friends and family. Why donâ€™t you try it and get back to us for your feelings about this delicious Dutch Yule Cookies. - 44.9508
Pennsylvania Dutch Corn Chowder
1. Take a 3-or 4-quart saucepan and melt margarine in it.
2. Add scallion in hot margarine and saute the same until it turns soft in texture. It will take 1-2 minutes time for desired effect.
3. Now add flour to sautÃ©ed scallions and mix smoothly;... - 44.8793
Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Pot Pie
Place chicken pieces in a large, heavy-bottom pot with a tight-fitting lid.
Cover with water, add salt and pepper and simmer slowly until tender.
After chicken is tender, add potatoes, onion and parsley.
Bring to a boil and continue to simmer, covered.
While... - 44.841
Dutch Mocha Chocolate Cake
Combine cocoa, 1/2 cup sugar and hot coffee; let cool.
Cream butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
Add cocoa mixture, sour cream and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients which have been sifted together; mix until smooth.
Beat egg whites with 3/4 cup... - 44.8298
Dutch Apple Nut Cake
To make pastry, sift flour and salt into a large bowl.
Using a pastry blendbr or 2 knives, cut in butter evenly.
With a fork, mix in sugar and egg yolks to make a dough.
Wrap in foil and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
On a floured... - 44.7998
Dutch Oven Turkey
1.Take the turkey roast out from the foil package.
2.Take an electric skillet or Dutch Oven; heat vegetable oil in it and brown the turkey.
3.Add monosodium glutamate, seasoned salt and pepper, beef broth or bouillion cube, onion and... - 44.7218
Traditional Dutch Apple Cake
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Grease 13 x 9 1/2 x 2-inch baking pan.
Sift flour, baking powder, salt and 1/4 cup sugar into mixing bowl.
Add 1/2 cup butter and cut in with pastry blender or 2 knives.
Stir in lemon rind with fork.
Add eggs to milk and beat... - 44.7172
Dutch Cottage Cheese Pie
Here's the Dutch Cottage Cheese Pie at its very best! A combination of fully hearty ingredients make this Dutch Cottage Cheese Pie incredibly delicious. Of course, it's surprisingly easy to make! - 44.5503
Annette's Dutch Cabbage Rolls
1. Removing the core from the cabbage head, pull off about a dozen of the large outer leaves for stuffing and rinse in cold water.
2. From the base of each cabbage' leaf cut the heavy stem and in 2 cups of boiling water place leaves to soften.
3. Cover... - 44.4439
Sift first 4 ingredients together, and knead in butter or margarine and brown sugar.
Add almond extract.
Divide dough in half, and press out very thinly on 2 ungreased 15" x 10" cookie sheets (press out to edges of pans with sides or 1/2 inch from edge on... - 44.4075
Dutch Cheese Croquettes
Mix milk, carrot, onion, salt, thyme, parsley, peppercorns, and bay leaf in top of double boiler; heat 20 minutes over boiling water.
Strain the mixture, reserving milk for sauce.
Soften gelatin in cold water and dissolve over hot water; set aside.
Blend... - 44.39
Dutch Apple Pie
Prepare pastry pie crust and refrigerate until ready to use.
Make topping: Combine flour and sugar in a medium bowl.
With a fork, blend Promise Ultra or liquid Butter Buds into mixture until it resembles the consistency of coarse... - 44.2913
Dutch Vegetable Salad
1) Prepare the ingredients.
2) In a medium-size bowl, combine beets, potatoes, beans or peas, apples, oil, and vinegar.
3) Toss everything gently to mix.
4) On a platter, onto a bed of lettuce, spoon the mixture.
5) Pour... - 44.2582
Dutch St Nicholas Cookies
Spread almonds in single layer on baking sheet.
Bake at 375°F, 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted.
In large bowl, cream butter, sugar, milk and spices.
In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Add... - 44.029
Dutch Butter Cake
Measure and sift flour, salt and icing sugar into a bowl.
Rub in the butter with fingertips.
With a fork stir in 1 slightly beaten egg to form a soft dough.
Divide dough into 2 pieces, and press out 1 piece into a lightly buttered deep 9- or 10-inch pie... - 43.9937
1) In a bowl, mix together beets, onion, apple, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
2) Cover the simmer the beet mixture until the vegetables are soft and lessened to pulp.
3) Pour little water in the beet mixture in needed to prevent the mixture from sticking to... - 43.8628
Dutch Pea Soup
Dutch Pea Soup is an amazingly delicious appetizer recipe. Try this delicious Dutch Pea Soup; I am sure you and your loved ones will always crave for more. - 43.7454
In large mixer bowl combine 2 cups of the flour and the yeast.
In small saucepan heat milk, shortening, the 1/3 cup sugar, and the salt just till warm (115°F to 120°F), stirring occasionally till shortening almost melts.
Stir in vanilla.
Add milk mixture,... - 43.6213
Pennsylvania Dutch Funny Cake
In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup of sugar and cocoa.
Blend in 1/2 cup milk.
Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
Pour into unbaked pastry shells, tipping to coat the pastry halfway up... - 43.5212
Dutch St. Nicholas Cookie
Make dough day before:
1. In small bowl, combine brown sugar and milk; stir until smooth.
2. Into large bowl sift flour with cloves, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture is like corn... - 43.4931
Dutch Fried Puffs
Heat oil (2 to 3 inches) to 375°.
Beat milk, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup oil, the eggs, baking powder, salt, mace and 1 cup of the flour in large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds.
Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 2... - 43.425
Mrs. Van's Dutch Apple Cake
Sift together dry ingredients; blend in butter.
Add egg yolk and brandy.
Press dough with the fingers into a 9-inch layer-cake pan.
Cover with apples that have been peeled, cored, and cut into eighths.
Sprinkle with a few currants.
Cover with Cinnamon... - 43.4229
Dutch Apple Cake
Preheat oven to 350° F.
and grease a deep 9-inch pie pan or casserole.
Sift flour, soda, and salt.
Cut in butter with 2 knives, sharp spoon, or pastry blender.
Beat egg, honey, and buttermilk; stir lightly into flour mixture.
Place apples in baking pan,... - 43.4193
Dutch Fruit Cookies
Combine flour, spices, soda and salt: set aside.
Blend butter, sugar and corn syrup in mixing bowl.
Add egg; blend well.
Mix in fruit, nuts and vanilla extract.
Add flour mixture; blend well.
Shape into two rolls, about 2 inches in... - 43.4127
Liver Vegetable Dutch Puff
1)Preheat the oven to 450 Deg F.
2) In a 10" ovenproof skillet melt the 4 tbsp butter.
3) In bowl, beat in the flour, eggs, milk, and 1/4 tsp salt, melted butter until smooth.
4) Turn into the skillet.
5) Bake in the preheated oven at... - 43.3706
Deviled Eggs Pa Dutch Style
1) Boil the eggs to hard and allow cooling.
2) Slice eggs in half and remove yolks into a mixing bowl.
3) On a shallow dish or egg plate, arrange egg white halves.
4) Mash yolks with a fork and add all the other ingredients. Mix to creamy... - 43.336
Dutch Apple Coffee Cake
Soften active dry yeast in warm water.
Combine scalded milk, shortening, sugar, and salt; cool to lukewarm.
Stir in 1 cup of the flour.
Add softened yeast and eggs; beat well.
Add the raisins and remaining flour; beat thoroughly.
Cover and let rise in a warm... - 43.3161
Dutch Easter Bread
1 Heat milk, butter, sugar, and salt to hot (120°-130°F). Combine 1 cup flour and yeast in mixing bowl.
2 Add milk mixture to dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Add egg and enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
3 Knead on lightly floured surface until... - 43.2248
Seattle Dutch Babies
In a mixing bowl beat eggs with a French whip or fork until blended.
Add flour to eggs in 4 additions, beating after each addition until just smooth.
Add milk in 2 additions, beating slightly after each.
Lightly beat in 2 tablespoons melted butter and the... - 43.2101
Dutch Pea Soup
A delicious cheap soup.
Soak pig's knuckle in cold water overnight.
Soak pig's foot overnight also if it is salted.
Soak dried peas for 24 hours.
Place drained dried peas and water in a large heavy pan, cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 hours.
Add the... - 43.1927
Dutch Oven Baked Beans
Wash and sort beans.
Soak in fresh water overnight.
Place beans in Dutch Oven over medium-high heat.
When valve clicks, reduce heat to low and simmer about 30 minutes, then skim.
Meanwhile, fry salt pork until golden brown and nearly done.
Add salt... - 43.1288
Pennsylvania Dutch Fried Tomatoes
Pennsylvania Dutch Fried Tomatoes is simply a delicious side dish recipe. Try this Pennsylvania Dutch Fried Tomatoes; I bet, yoy will get a huge fan following for this one. - 43.0403
Coconut Dutch Apple Pie
Combine 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 cup sugar, the salt, and cinnamon.
Place a layer of apples in pie shell and sprinkle with part of flour-sugar mixture.
Layer remaining apples alternately with flour-sugar mixture.
Sprinkle lemon juice over pie and dot with 1... - 43.0204
Dutch Vegetable Soup
Dutch Vegetable Soup is a tasty soup that you can serve for a formal or informal dinner. I love to serve this soup for my parties as it never fails to win over my guests! Try this excellent Dutch Vegetable Soup recipe. - 42.9996
Dutch Almond Cookies
Blend flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon; cut in butter until particles are the size of rice kernels.
Add milk and stir until blended.
Spoon half of mixture into an ungreased 11x7x1 1/2 inch baking pan and spread evenly; set... - 42.9883
Cream the butter, sugar, salt, and lemon rind until light and fluffy.
Beat in the egg.
Press the egg yolks through a wire strainer into the creamed mixture; mix well.
Gradually add the flour; blend until smooth.
Form the dough into balls the size of a large... - 42.9346
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. On a waxed sheet of paper, sift the flour, baking powder and the salt and set aside till required.
3. In another large bowl, tip in the butter and the sugar and vanilla and mix well.
4. Add the almond extract... - 42.8459
Dutch King's Bread
1 In a crucible take some warm water, add the yeast and dissolve. Then set aside for 5 minutes. In a separate container, heat milk, sugar, salt, and butter to warm (105°-115°F).
2 Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, yeast mixture, milk mixture, and egg in mixing... - 42.8365
Dutch Cherry Cake
Sift flour, measure, and resift 3 times with baking powder, salt, and 3/4 cup of the sugar.
Beat egg yolks, add milk and melted butter.
Add milk mixture all at once to the flour mixture and stir quickly until batter is just smooth.
Beat egg whites until... - 42.6855
Double Dutch Chocolate Pudding Cake
Cake Into buttered 2-quart baking dish, flour, Ground Chocolate, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Mix milk with vanilla and butter; stir into dry ingredients.
Pudding Mix Ground Chocolate, sugar, brown sugar and salt with boiling water.
Pour over cake... - 42.6761
Dutch Cheese Bake
Lightly grease an oblong baking dish.
Spread bread slices with butter.
Cut triangles from corners of slices to use for top.
Cover bottom of prepared pan with bread slices.
Reserve 1/4 cup (50 mL) shredded cheese; spread the remainder with the chopped onion on... - 42.6697
Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together and knead in the butter and brown sugar.
Add the almond extract.
Divide the dough in half and press out very thinly on two un greased cooky sheets, 15 x 10 inches.
(Press right out to the edge of pans with... - 42.6494
Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Corn Soup
In stockpot, cover chicken, celery, onions, and carrots with water.
Add 1 teaspoon salt.
Bring to boil, and boil vigorously 15 minutes, skimming off any scum that accumulates on the surface.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 2 hours, skimming as... - 42.6433
Dutch Pea Soup
1. Shape the sausages into 3/4-inch balls.
2. Rinse peas, drain and set aside.
3. In a saucepan over medium temperature heat oil and brown the sausages evenly on all sides; drain and reserving 2 tablespoons fat dripping.
4. To the pan... - 42.549
Dutch Double Dill Bread
Dutch Double Dill Bread look awesome on the table. And Dutch Double Dill Bread are just as tasty to eat. Do try it at home! - 42.4924
Holland Hot Salad
1. In a salad bowl place the lettuce and keep it in a fridge.
2. In a pan fry the bacon until crisp, remove drain on paper towel and crumble.
4. Sprinkle the bacon over the lettuce.
5. 3. In the pan add vinegar, salt and sugar to bacon fat, heat it a... - 42.3738
Pennsylvania Dutch Baked Lima Beans
1) Add 2 cups of lima beans in 6 cups of water and let it soak overnight. Drain and set aside.
2) You can save time by adding the beans into 6 cups of boiling water and cooking on low for 2 minutes. Remove from flame, cover the vessel and keep... - 42.1416
Dutch Apple Cake
Sift flour, measure, and resift 3 times with salt, baking powder and 1/4 cup of the sugar.
Add melted shortening to egg and milk which have been beaten together, and immediately add all at once to the dry ingredients.
Stir quickly until flour mixture is just... - 42.1189
For filling, in a bowl combine almond paste, the egg, and sugar; mix well.
Cover filling; chill well while preparing dough.
Stir together flour and salt.
Cut in butter or margarine till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add ice water, a tablespoon at a time,... - 42.1111
Scald milk, then cool to lukewarm.
Sprinkle yeast over lukewarm water to dissolve.
Sift together sugar, flour, salt, and cinnamon or nutmeg.
Combine milk and yeast in a large bowl.
Stir in the flour With your hands (the dough will be very heavy), then stir in... - 42.049
Pennsylvania Dutch Style Green Beans
Fry bacon in skillet until crisp.
Remove from pan and crumble.
Drain off all but 2 tablespoons drippings and add onion and brown lightly.
Stir in cornstarch, salt, and dry mustard.
Drain beans, reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
Stir liquid into skillet and cook,... - 41.9511
Dutch Recipes By Category