- » Dry Masala
Dry Masala Recipes
Enjoy our collection of dry masala recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for dry masala recipes.
Dry Ground Garam Masala
Clean and dry all the masalas.
Dry grind to a fine powder.
Sieve with coriander if necessary, and store in an airtight container.
Use as and when desired. - 29.1464
Traditional Valsad Masala Dry
Pound all ingredients and store in an airtight glass jar.
It can be kept for 5-6 days, and longer in the refrigerator. - 31.5798
Dry Chicken Tikka Masala
Put a little bit of flavour into your dinner with this week's winner of the food fight, that's dry chicken tikka masala. This quick and easy recipe is a simple way to liven up the week. It's so rich and hearty, that it's delicious to eat and kind to your... - 143.538
Paneer Tawa Masala
1. Grind chhoti illaichi, laung, dalchini and ajwain together. Keep this dry masala aside.
2. Keep the curd in a fine strainer or tie in a muslin cloth for 15 minutes.
3. Add salt, chilli pd. and enough colour to give the curd a bright orange colour.
4. Cover... - 41.1769
Easy Stuffed Masala Mushrooms
Here is a no-fuss dinner recipe that features stuffed masala mushroom. This spicy, zesty side dish takes 20 minutes to cook on stove top. Just follow the instructions as presented by Vandana Karani and whomp up this delight. Prepare it in your next gathering... - 115.409
1. Remove the head and tail of the okra and split from the middle.
2. If the okra is long cut away the extra length pieces.
3. In a wide pan in high heat 3 tbsp oil, add okra and let it cook for 15 minutes.
4. Add salt to taste and... - 108.383
Pakistani Style Bhindi Masala
Turn your sticky okra's into something delicious which everyone in your family would love to eat again and again. In this video, chef is showing Pakistani style bhindi masala which is actually stir fried okras with lots of spices. All you need is a frying pan... - 112.458
Karela Masala By Chef Sonali
Clean, wash and wipe karela absolutely dry. Remove half a centimeter from both ends. Slit and keep aside. Mix red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, turmeric powder and salt. Stuff the karela/bittergourd with this masala. Keep... - 51.9227
Prawn Masala Fry
Grind garlic and rub on the prawns together with salt and turmeric.
Heat 4 tblsps oil and fry onions till soft.
Put in the prawns and fry to a golden colour.
Put in the rest of the ingredients and cook over a slow fire till the prawns are tender and... - 36.9074
Bhindi masala is a spicy and dry indian preparation of lady's fingers that can be served with rice or rotis. Made with slit lady's fingers stuffed with a masala mix of onions, chili powder, turmeric powder, dry mangpo powder and aniseed powder, the bhindi... - 43.3934
The Indians love their food hot and masala chicken just affirms this adage. Greg Patent shows you how to prepare this Indian style delicacy at home using a spicy marinade. Serve with Indian flatbread or steamed rice for a terrific dinnertime meal. - 103.634
Spicy Bhindi Masala
It’s time to add some zing to your okras. Indian Chef Manjula is showing how to spice up okra in Indian style. Spicy Bhindi Masala is delicious and is colorful with red and yellow bell pepper used for garnishing. She prepares this vegan main dish in less... - 97.1085
Prawn Masala Fry
1) Coat the prawns with salt and turmeric and let it sit for 30 minutes.
2) Roast coconut and fenugreek seeds until golden brown and then make a paste with chillies.
3) Now, in a wok heat oil and mustard seeds. Let it crackle.
4) Then, add prawns... - 40.1803
Aloo Masala For Dosa
Chef has a spicy Indian curry dry called aloo-masala which is a tasty addition to dosa or Indian crepes or can be enjoyed with parathas. She makes the dish with great details for the viewers to get an authentic Indian dish at the end. Nevertheless, it is a... - 137.729
Paneer Tawa Masala
Heat Ghee in a Kadhai and deep fry the Paneer cubes till golden brown. Drain well on a tissue and keep aside. I a little hot ghee fry the cumin seeds. Add ginger, green chilli and sauté well. Add tomatoes to it and fry well. Add spices to it and mix well.... - 29.373
In a pan add oil,whe it is hot.
Add mustard seeds,allow to splutter.
Then add onion,green chillies and fry till brown colour.
Then add tomato and fry till it become mashy.
Now add roasted peanuts,salt and mix it and fry 5mins.
when it is ready transfer to a... - 45.1747
1. Clean the small prawns well and chop finely.2. Clean the big prawns well. Make a paste with one pinch of turmeric powder, ¼ dessert spoon chilly powder and salt, apply well on the prawns an keep aside for a while. Now fry on a tava till crisp on both... - 20.4525
Boil cauliflower florets in salted water adding half of turmeric powder till it is cooked half.
Heat oil in a pan ,add onions and saute till brown.
Add in ginger-garlic paste,cumin powder, redchillipd,coriander powder,garam masala powder,remaining turmeric... - 43.508
Masala Pav Bhaji
1. In a pressure cooker boil cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, green peas and egg plant along with salt to taste up to 3-4 whistles on high temperature.
2. Once cool, mash the boiled vegetables in the pressure cooker using a potato masher.
3. In a... - 111.093
1. Wash and soak Bengal gram in 2 cups water overnight. Pressure cook with salt in 2 1/2 cups water for 40 minutes.
2. Heat 1 cup oil. Add 1 cup sliced onion. Fry well, drain and keep aside. Fry and drain potato cubes. Fry cubes of bread; drain and keep... - 37.9913
Fish In Masala
1) Clean and wash the fish well.
2) Make paste of ginger, garlic and coconut and green chillies.
3) Take a wok and heat oil in it. Fry the paste and onions until done.
4) Add the spices and sautÃ© them.
5) Now, put the fish and... - 44.1757
Chicken Tikka Masala
This is an easy recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala - Chicken marinated in yogurt and spices and then served in a tomato cream sauce. - 44.0728
Bhindi Masala (indian Stuffed Okra)
1) Take the frozen okra and thaw at room temperature.
2) Cut a slit in the side of each okra and keep aside.
3) Take the coriander, salt, turmeric, pepper and cumin together in a bowl and mix them.
4) Take 1/4 teaspoon of spice mixture... - 42.3646
Paneer Tava Masala
Try this Punjabi paneer dish. Carefully combined spices ranging from ajwain to shahjeera, make this a real culinary treat. According to the wikipedia Ajwain are traditionally known as a digestive aid and an antiemetic (An anti-emetic is a drug that is... - 55.3237
Egg Plant Masala
1. Cut a big Egg plant in three cylindrical pieces and then cut these in medium thick pieces
2. In a bowl, put the egg plant and mix with 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 3/4 tsp Red Chilli powder, 1 tsp salt, 3 tsps oil.... - 45.8449
Soya Carrot Masala / Nutri Carrot Masala - Indian Food
Learn how to make this delicious Soya Chunks and Carrot Masala recipe often referred to as nutri carrot masala. This Indian recipe is healthy, nutritious and easy to make. You can also add Green Peas for added value. Great side dish. Can be enjoyed with Roti,... - 0
Dry Minced Meat
Dry Minced Meat is simply yumlogical. The coconut milk mixed with chilli powder gives the Dry Minced Meat a two dimensional taste. - 34.6769
Sambhar Masala Powder : Indian Masala
Learn how to make fresh Sambhar Masala Powder at home which is a versatile powder made by roasting whole Indian spices and is used quite often in South Indian Cooking. It has a great flavor and good shelf life. - 0
1. Pick, wash and drain rice. Keep it for half an hour.
2. Roast and powder coriander, cumin, gingelly, cinnamon, cloves, and dry-coconut.
3. Wash and cut gherkins lengthwise.
4. Heat three-fourths of the fat. Add mustard seeds and cumin.
5. When they... - 47.7247
1) Soak groundnuts in water for 15 minutes and peel them.
2) Roast peppercorns, cloves, dry coconut, cinnamon, coriander, sesame and half of the cumin seeds together and powder them.
3) Clean and chop tindlis lengthwise.
4) Shell the peas.
5)... - 48.7489
Multilayer Masala Cheese
1. Grind all ingredients of the green filling together to a thick paste with a little water. Keep aside.
2. Prepare the dry filling by mixing all powders together. Keep aside.
3. Blend tomato, garlic and ginger in a liquidizer. Add ketchup, salt and garam... - 44.2431
Green Beans With Shredded Coconut
Today, there is a low calorie, savory and healthy dish for health freaks. Chefs show us the easiest way to make this dish and remain healthy. Its Green beans with shredded coconut, a healthy side dish from South Indian Cuisine. When French beans are available... - 148.729
Combine all the ingredients together and store, covered, in a cool, dry place. - 21.5181
Masala Na Chaap
1. Wash and salt the chops and mix in the ginger paste, the black pepper powder and heated saffron. Allow to marinate for four hours.
2. Take half a cup of ghee and heat in a flat bottomed vessel. When hot place the chops at the bottom of the vessel and turn... - 21.338
Sweet Garam Masala
1. In a bowl, blend together all the ingredients.
2. Use immediately in curries or transfer in an airtight jar and keep in a cool dry place. - 29.226
Mutton Masala Nagpuri
Mix meat with ground masala and onions, and keep for 15 mins.
Put pan on fire.
Add ghee and salt and 1 1/2 cups hot water.
Simmer covered till 1/2 done.
Uncover pan and fry well till dry.
Add in tomato and 1/2 cup water and simmer till meat is tender and... - 43.2312
Dry roast the ingredients and grind them fine in a dry grinder.
While this masala keeps good for long it is best used when Fresh. - 25.9773
Savory Masala For Meat
1. In a bowl, blend together all the ingredients.
2. Use immediately in curries or transfer in an airtight jar and keep in a cool dry place. - 33.628
Masala Chilli Fry
Masala chili fry is a spicy steak recipe. Prepared with garam masala spice mix along with garlic and red chilies, the masala chili fry is a fried steak recipe. Cooked with a little gravy, it can be served as desired. - 35.1187
Bharuchi Garam Masala
Clean spices and grind to a powder.
Do not dry roast or add oil.
Use this masala to sprinkle on top of vegetables or any other cooked dish.
If it is fried or dry roasted, it will turn the food it comes into contact with, black. - 30.3828
Chicken Butter Masala
Want a creamy spicy Chicken curry dish? Chicken butter masala is the perfect answer as the dish is spicy with spices and creamy with cream and it’s extremely delicious. The chef in the video shows step by step procedure for making this utterly delicious... - 129.184
Dry roast the coconut on a low Flame.
Dry roast the sesame too, separately, on a low flame.
Then roast the rest of the ingredients, except the asafoetida, in oil.
Transfer these to a plate and in the same pan saute the asaioetida.
1 Grind together the whole... - 31.3129
Dry roast the ingredients till you get a mild aroma.
Grind together to a Fine powder.
Cool and store in an air tight jar. - 25.784
Stuffed Masala Potato
Scrub and bake potatoes.
Meanwhile, in a medium-sized skillet, saute onion, garlic and ginger in vegetable oil until onion is soft. Stir in turmeric, ground coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt. Set aside.
Remove potatoes from oven and cut in half... - 35.1666
Maharashtrian Goda Masala
Goda Masala is a unique mixture of spices.This masala can be used for stuffed brinjal, bean curry, maharashtrian aamti.I generally make this masala during the weekends and store it in fridge , so that i can use it whenever required. - 28.9915
Scrape karelas well, apply plenty of salt and keep in the sun for 3-4 hours if possible, if not, keep uncovered in a plate.
Wash well and squeeze out all water, slit along side.
Fry onions in hot ghee till golden, add tomatoes, salt, chillies, coriander,... - 39.9946
Indian Crab Dry Curry
This Crab dry curry is a spicy and mouth-watering dish. All my family members love this dish very much. Try and enjoy! - 47.1998
Tandoori Chaat Masala
1 Put all the ingredients in a blender and grind to a fine powder. Sieve and grind the residue again, if needed. Store in a dry airtight container. Keeps well indefinitely. - 24.2757
1. Wash rice, soak rice in water for half an hour. Then drain the rice.
2. Heat small kadhai. Fry all ingredients given in Masala Powder one by one. Let it cool.
3. Pound all these ingredients to a fine dry powder.
4. Heat oil in kadhai. Add cumin... - 47.0117
Indian Tomato Asparagus Curry
Take a look at this excellent video that shows an ethnic Indian carrot asparagus curry. This curry is a fantastic recipe for cold season to warm up your body. Watch this impressive video and make this wonderful dish that you and your family would definitely... - 128.911
Bamboo Shoot Masala
Heat oil, fry ground masala and crushed garlic till oil surfaces, then add tomato and salt, simmer till tomato is soft.
Stir in the bamboo, add 1/4 cup hot water.
Cover and simmer for 10 mins., till vegetable is dry.
Serve with phulkas. - 38.9599
Masala Squids Stuff
Grind all the above, except the squid in vinegar, adding salt for taste. Clean the squids, taking out the plastic like stick and drain them dry. Stuff the above ground masala in them and keep in a plate for half an hour.
Heat the oil in a frying pan... - 30.5853
Potato Cabbage Masala / Indian Food - Aloo Patta Gobi
Learn how to make everyday Indian food recipes like this simple Potatoes and Cabbage masala recipe with basic spices. Popularly known as aloo Patta gobi, this is a dry Indian vegetarian dish (recipe) which makes a great side dish with any curry or you can... - 0
Aloo Gobi Masala Fry - Cauliflower & Potato Fry
The Aloo Gobi has truly turned into one epic global Indian dish. You might have seen it in the movies or heard someone mention about this somewhere. This dish is truly tasty and goes well with rotis and naans. The recipe is broken down into simple steps in... - 112.901
1. Cut paneer into 1 1/2" x 1" rectangular pieces.
2. Heat 3 tbsp ghee, add 1 tsp ajwain crushed on a chakla-belan.
3. Add onions, green chillies and ginger. Cook till onions turn brown.
4. Add 1 tsp chilli powder and 1 tsp dhania powder. Mix well. Add... - 34.2445
Bhuna Masala Chana
Heat oil, fry masala well, add channa with its water, simmer for 10 mins.
Add tamarind pulp and remove from fire after simmering for 5 mins.
Dry water completely.
Serve with purees. - 40.3642
Noodle Ring With Masala Filling
Nasala Filling: Boil double beans.
Fry the onions brown, stir in and fry ground masala and dry ingredients.
Add the beans and fry.
Add a little water and cook till well-blended and thick.
Mix in sugar, vinegar, mint and garam masala and simmer for a few... - 45.6149
Heat oil, fry onion seeds, garlic and curry leaves till light brown.
Add onions and fry light brown.
Add in yam, salt and 1 cup hot water.
Cover pan and cook on a slow fire till suran is done and water dry.
Mix in the green chillies, mint and... - 40.4107
Masala Ni Kolmi
1. Grind the garlic, cumin seeds and red chillies to a fine paste in your mixer grinder or on a stone pestle with a little water.
2. Chop the onions and place them in a dekchi with the curry leaves and one cup of refined oil. When the onions are placed on the... - 24.0942
Masala Stuffed Green Chili
1. Wash, wipe dry and slit the chillies right through to within half an inch of the end. Open the chilly carefully and stuff the above masala powders.
2. In a dry clean jar sprinkle a thin layer of salt to cover the entire bottom surface. On this spread the... - 36.595
Paneer Tikka Masala : Indian Vegetarian
Demonstrating how to make delicious Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) Tikka Masala at home using simple Indian spices. You can cook your paneer for this dish in a grill, oven or on a pan/skillet. - 0
Aloo Masala Chaat
Grate the tomatoes.
Slice the ginger.
Boil the potatoes and cut into big pieces. sprinkle the chaat masala, dhanageera powder chilli powder to the to the potatoes.
Roast the Anardanna and powder them.
Heat the oil in a vessel. Add the grated tomatoes and... - 41.1043
Paneer Butter Masala
1. Grind onions, ginger & garlic together.
2. Grind tomatoes to a puree.
3. Cook onion paste in oil, till golden (on the lighter side). Do not make it brown. Add red chilli pd. Cook for 1/2 minute.
4. Add milk gradually. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add kaju... - 42.7399
Tomato Mutton Masala Curry
The tomato mutton curry is inspired from the telangana curries, which are mostly spicy and masala based.Don't get bogged down by the long list of ingredients, cause its one of the easiest and tasty mutton curries i've come across till date.Try it,if you love... - 0
Chicken Tikka Masala
In the work bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade and the motor running, process the garlic, onion, and peppers until smooth by dropping them through the feed tube.
Remove to a bowl.
In the same work bowl, process the ginger, tomatoes, and... - 41.239
1. Slit gourds from one side. Remove seeds and pulp.
2. Cut into thin slices. Boil in salted water until half cooked.
3. Remove and drain.
4. Grind together the red chillies, peppercorns, half the mustard, tamarind and garlic to a fine paste.
5. Finely slice... - 45.8312
Garam Masala Pork Chops
1. Trim and discard fat from chops. Rinse chops, pat dry, and rub with 1 teaspoon oil.
2. Mix garam masala and garlic powder. Rub spice mixture all over chops.
3. Place a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil... - 28.8384
Chicken Tikka Masala
1. CHICKEN TIKKA: In a bowl, mix clarified butter, garam masala and yogurt.
Put the chicken pieces into it and mix well. Let it marinate from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. RICE: In a pot add the rice and water and let it cook till soft.
3. Sprinkle... - 116.147
Dice capsicum and potato. Finely chop 2 onions and roughly chop 1 onion, tomato and green chillies. Grind it to a smooth paste along with cashewnuts without adding water.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet and fry green bell peppers for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.... - 49.4826
Ask a South Indian house wife what she does with left over rice and the answer will surely be “I make chitranna.” Or ask a south Indian what his mother or wife gives him to eat when he is making a long journey; the answer is sure to me “chitranna.”... - 137.056
Spicy Paneer Butter Masala
Recreating the special creamy texture of Paneer Butter Masala, may not be that difficult as you are thinking. Yes, you too can prepare this delicate Indian dish, just like a professional chef after watching this video. In this recipe, the cottage cheese cubes... - 155.647
Masala Prawn And Vegetable Samosas
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5. Keep the sheets of pastry rolled together under a damp cloth as otherwise they dry out fast and become difficult to work with. Rinse the prawns and pat them dry with paper towels.
2. In a bowl, mix together the... - 35.8246
Dry roast all the ingredients except the red chilly and dry mango powders, till you get a mild aroma.
Grind to a fine powder in a dry grinder.
Then mix in the rest of the ingredients and grind again.
This has to be a superfine powder.
If you wish you can... - 30.8834
Dhan Sakh Masala
Dry roast each ingredient individually with 1-2 tsp of oil on a tava.
Cool, grind and mix.
Store in an airtight glass container.
It can be kept for over one year. - 34.1524
1 The spices should be absolutely dry. Dry grind to a powder. Sieve and powder the residue again. Store in a clean, airtight container. Will keep well for at least 6 months. - 25.613
Homemade Tandoori Masala
The secret for a perfect tandoori preparation is a freshly ground spice mix that adds tons of flavor and aroma to the meat. While there are several brands of packaged spice mixes available in the market, why not make it at home when it is so easy. Follow the... - 137.269
Use as desired.
Green chillies, fresh ginger, coriander and cumin can be ground with the ingredients if desired moist. - 28.0415
Maharashtrian Masala Puri
Breakfast and snacks in India are no less spicy and flavorful refreshingly tasty. Check out chef Madhura showing how to make Masala Puri with puris or whole wheat deep fried small flatbreads with masala mix or spicy mixture. Great evening snack! - 115.843
1. Heat heavy frying pan on medium heat, and when hot put in whole spices. Dry roast until color darkens, shaking often. Remove from heat and cool.
2. Add mace and grind in a clean coffee grinder.
3. Store in airtight container for 3 to 4 months. - 26.6579
Masala Ni Kaleji
Rub ground spices and salt into liver and shallow fry for 2-3 minutes.
Do not over fry as liver will then get tough. - 31.7819
Ask your butcher to cut 2 chops per portion.
Do not beat to tenderise.
Wash chops and pat dry.
Heat a dry pan over moderate heat and roast whole spices individually for a few moments till fragrant.
Place whole spices in a blender with onion, ginger, garlic... - 45.6496
Boondi In Masala Yogurt
Whisk the yogurt and add the salt, sugar, water, ground coriander, chilli powder and chopped coriander and set aside.
Heat the oil in a small frying pan and fry the onion seeds, white cumin seeds and dried red chillies.
Remove from the heat and set aside for... - 36.0734
1 Roast all the ingredients very lightly on a dry frying pan or tawa. Powder in a blender and store in airtight bottle. Will keep for at least 6 months.
Note: Use either set of measurements. Do not mix the two. For some recipes, it is best to measure... - 21.0165
Spicy Chicken Tikka Masala With Basmati Rice
Welcome to my new series, First Time Recipes.
Today I try making Tika Masala.
Let me know if you enjoy this episode and please forward me your recipes and ideas for the next show! - 102.033
1 Peel the arbi.
2 Wash thoroughly and dry.
3 Cut into big pieces.
4 In a pan, heat the ghee.
5 Add in the arbi and fry until light brown.
6 In a separate pan, heat the ghee.
7 Add in ground onion, ginger, turmeric and red... - 46.2932
Devji's Masala Ni Boomla
Clean fish by removing heads, fins and bone jutting out above tail of fish.
Remove insides without tearing the soft skin.
Heat oil in a pan and fry onions till light brown.
Add ground spices and saute for 1-2 minutes, adding a little water if... - 47.0205
Tarela Masala Boomla
Clean fish by removing heads, fins and bone jutting out above tail.
Remove insides without tearing the soft skin.
Mix fenugreek and cumin powder and rub into cut made in fish.
Add lime juice to ground spices, rub all over fish and leave for half an... - 45.5335
Grind garlic, ginger, chillies, coriander leaves and onions to a paste.
Heat 3 tblsps oil and put in 1/2 tsp cumin seeds.
When it stops popping, add the tomatoes and fry till soft.
Put in the potatoes.
Mix well and cover with 1 cup water.
Cook till tender and... - 40.4233
Wheat Flour Masala Puri
Sift the flour and salt into a deep bowl and make a well in the centre.
Mix in the onion seeds, the red and green chillies, coriander and bicarbonate of soda.
Gradually pour in sufficient water and, using your fingertips, mix to form a soft dough.
Wipe the... - 43.1445
In a bowl, mix the coconut powder together with the ground coriander, chilli powder, black pepper, garam masala, garlic, ginger, turmeric, tamarind, salt and poppy seeds.
Stir in the water to form a paste.
Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the... - 42.8823
Method: Open the cooker and put on the gas first. Add desi ghee. Put Jeera. Then add the onions, garlic and ginger.
When it turns reddish in color, add the tomato and leave it for 10 minutes on low flame.
Now beside this take 1/2 bowl of curd and put haldi,... - 45.8378
Dry Masala Recipes By Category