- » Dry Cured Meat
Dry Cured Meat Recipes
Enjoy our collection of dry cured meat recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for dry cured meat recipes.
Dry Cured Ham
1)Place the rinsed pork leg in a tray and cover with Kosher salt.
2)Wrap in cling wrap and leave for 19 days in the refrigerator draining the liquid every 2 days.
3)Make sure the meat is covered with the salt at all times.
4)At day 19 rinse off the... - 10.5009
Salt Cured Rabbit
Rinse rabbit and pat dry.
Combine salt, allspice, cayenne, black pepper, bay leaves, and thyme.
In a glass, ceramic, or stainless steel bowl, coat rabbit with blended seasonings; cover and refrigerate for 10 to 12 hours.
Thoroughly rinse rabbit under cold... - 36.5417
Penne With Tomatoes Pancetta And Red Pepper
1. In a large skillet, heat the butter and vegetable oil (do not use olive oil pancetta renders its own special fat and vegetable oil is better combined with it) and saute the pancetta pieces until they begin to brown, about 4 minutes.
2. Add the onion pieces... - 33.4293
Tongue In Breadcrumbs
1. Put the tongue into a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil, cover and simmer until the tongue is tender. Add salt if tongue is not salted.
2. When cool, remove the skin and cut into slices 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick.
3. Dip the slices into the beaten egg,... - 28.1266
Prepare piecrust mix according to package directions; roll pastry out thinly.
With 2 1/2-inch cutter, cut pastry into 24 circles.
Fit circles inside ungreased 1 3/4-inch muffin pans; press dough against bottom and sides of pan.
Prick pastry with fork.
Bake at... - 41.18
Herb Cured Barbecued Turkey
1. In small bowl, mix salt, thyme, basil, and pepper; set aside.
2. Remove giblets and neck from turkey (refrigerate for use in soup another day). Rinse turkey with running cold water and drain well (do not pat dry). With hands, rub salt mixture over outside... - 29.8335
Swedish Cured Barbecued Pork Loin
Place meat in a close-fitting glass dish.
Mix sugar, salt, cumin seeds (if used), and cardamom (if used); rub onto meat.
Cover; refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours.
Discard juices; rinse meat well under cool running water, rubbing to release salt.
To set... - 34.4679
Cured Pork And Salt Turnip Pot
In a heavy, covered casserole, sweat the onions in the lard without letting them color.
Distribute half of the turnips in a layer on the onions, then add the meats and the garlic and cover with the remaining turnips.
Pour in the wine and water.
Cover tightly... - 35.1824
1. On a wooden cutting board, place the meat.
2. Cut long strips about 3/4 inches thick along the grain of the meat.
3. Cut each strip again longitudinally into 4 strips.
4. Sprinkle coarse salt in the bottom of a glass baking dish.
5. Layer in the... - 103.999
How To Make Bacon At Home
If you are really crazy about unique cooking adventure, you can take an attempt to prepare real bacon at home. How? Well, here is this recipe video which shows the initial part of preparing a bacon. This part of the video deals with the meat curing process.... - 82.6259
Making Bacon Part 1
This recipe video is in 2 part, this is Making Bacon part 1. Watch the other other part for complete recip. - 0
Baked Ham Slices
Remove rind from ham, score edges slightly.
Mix the mustard, sugar, flour and cloves together, and rub on each side of ham; place in large pan slightly greased, cover with milk.
Bake 30 to 45 minutes at 350° F.
Pineapple slices may be added about 10 minutes... - 25.0206
Parisienne Tongue En Gelee
Rinse a 6-cup dish with cold water and chill in freezer.
Soften gelatine in cold water and dissolve over boiling water.
Stir 4 teaspoons of this into the mayonnaise and toss with vegetables.
Mix remaining gelatine with broth and sherry.
Season and... - 37.6279
Tongue In Aspic
1. Cook the tongue and cool in the broth. Remove the root portion and the skin and chill.
Strain the broth, chill and remove the fat.
2. Beat the egg white with a fork till frothy and crush the eggshell.
Add three and one-half cups broth, bring slowly... - 34.4064
Grilled Cornish Game Hens
Split hens lengthwise.
Rinse under cold running water; pat dry with paper toweling.
Place hens in large plastic bag; set in bowl.
In small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, peppercorns and salt.
Pour marinade over hens in bag.
Close bag securely and refrigerate... - 34.8998
Spicy Cherry Ham Slices
Heat the pie filling, wine and spices together, stirring well to dilute evenly.
Stick edges of the ham with whole cloves and rub with dry mustard.
Place 1 slice in a small shallow bake pan.
Top with cherries lifted out of the wine-sauce mixture with a slotted... - 34.0995
Combine cheeses, pepper, and mustard.
With a small knife or spoon, put a teaspoon of the mixture at the bottom of a salami slice.
Roll over to form a cornucopia.
Secure with a wooden pick. - 22.7066
Large Country Sausage
Mix all of the ingredients together thoroughly and stuff the casing.
Keep the sausages for at least two days in the refrigerator before using. - 25.1658
Pepperoni Stuffed Scallops
Cut a lengthwise slit in center of each scallop, but do not cut completely through.
Stuff each scallops with pepperoni half.
Arrange scallops in circular pattern on paper towel-lined plate.
In custard cup, combine cracker crumbs, Parmesan chees - 24.8141
Wash the tongue thoroughly and soak for about 2 hr If the tongue is dry and rather hard soak for 12 hr If pickled, soak for about 3-4 hr Put the tongue into a large pan of cold water, bring slowly to the boil, skim and add the onion, carrot, turnip and bunch... - 22.1652
Rosy Ham Slice
Combine all ingredients except ham slice.
Slash fat edge of ham slice and broil over slow coals for 15 minutes, turning once.
Brush with sauce and broil 15 minutes more, turning and basting once.
Heat remaining sauce on edge of grill; serve with ham. - 24.4599
Pepperoni Squash Toss
Clean the squash; cut into half length, and discard seeds.
Place squash, cut side down, in a Dutch oven; add 2 inches water.
Bring water to a boil; cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
Drain squash, and cool.
Using a fork, remove... - 31.9319
Pepperoni Al Forno
Cut the peppers into wide strips.
Cut the tomatoes into wedges the size of the pepper strips.
Put the pepper strips, tomatoes, olives, onion, garlic and anchovies into a baking dish.
Season lightly with salt (the anchovies are salty) and pepper.
Mince... - 40.7574
Pepperoni Squash Toss
1) Wash the squash and cut in half lengthwise, and discard seeds.
2) Put the squash in a Dutch oven with cut side down and add 2 inches water.
3) Boil the water and cover the oven, cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
4) Drain and... - 41.6016
Braised Sheep's Tongues
Soak the tongues well in salt water for 1 hr., then blanch and dry them.
Melt the fat in a stewpan and add the roughly sliced vegetables.
Put on a tightly fitting lid and toss for 10 min over a very low heat.
Lay the tongues on top, add the bouquet garni,... - 39.913
Place tongue in Dutch oven in water to cover; bring to a boil.
Boil tongue slowly for 2 hours or until tender.
Peel and slice; place in baking dish.
Heat cranberry sauce in saucepan until dissolved; remove from heat.
Add apricots, raisins, lemon juice and 1... - 26.9907
Country Style Sausage Patties
1. Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a large bowl. Mix well and shape into eight patties, each about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
2. Place a wide frying pan over medium heat until hot. Add the oil, swirling to coat the surface. Add the sausage... - 27.4321
1. Start this recipe 1 day before it is to be served. Scrub the tongue with a stiff brush, cover it with cold water and soak 6 to 12 hours, or overnight.
2. Pour off the water, add fresh water to cover it, put into the kettle with the onion, celery, bay... - 22.8998
Ham Slice Delicious
1) Clean and trim outside fat from ham.
2) Arrange grill to about 5 inches from coals.
3) Adjust ham on grill.
4) Brown one side and turn to brown the other.
5) In a small bowl mix the remaining ingredients thoroughly.
6) Baste the ham... - 39.4587
Smoked Tongue Rarebit
"Cut tongue into 3-inch strips.
Melt butter in saucepan; stir in flour, paprika and mustard.
Add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Add cheese; simmer, stirring, until cheese is melted.
Add Worcestershire sauce; fold in tongue.
Simmer until... - 34.2118
1) Preheat the oven to the desired temperature.
2) Combine all the ingredients together and make into 4 or 5 rolls.
3) Keep in the fridge for a day.
4) On a broiler pan, bake at 300°F for 1 1/2 hours .
5) Serve hot.
6) They can... - 42.3335
Wash tongue; pat dry with paper towels.
In 6-quart kettle, combine tongue and remaining ingredients with water to cover—about 3 quarts.
Bring to boiling.
Reduce heat; simmer, cov- ered, 2-1/2 to 3 hours, or until tongue is tender.
(If... - 31.7292
Polio Alia Cacciatore Con Pepperoni
Dry the chicken pieces well and dredge lightly with flour.
Heat the butter or margarine and olive or other salad oil in a large frying pan.
Lightly brown the chicken on all sides, a few pieces at a time, removing the browned pieces to a plate.
Saute the... - 33.126
Pappardelle With Salami
1) In a large saucepan, gently saute the onion and garlic in the oil and butter for 5 minutes.
2) Stir in the salami and wine, cook over a high heat, until the wine has evaporated.
3) Squeeze the tomato seeds and juice, leave a very dry pulp. Stir... - 45.4502
Chorizo Spicy Sausage
Rinse sausage casings; soak in water at least 2 hours or overnight.
In blender container combine the 1 1/3 cups water, vinegar, paprika, salt, crushed red pepper, oregano, garlic, coriander, cumin, peppercorns, and cloves.
Cover; blend till spices are... - 40.8404
Trout With Salami Topping
Thaw frozen fish; dry with paper toweling.
Combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Roll fish in flour mixture.
In a large heavy skillet melt the butter.
Place fish in skillet in a single layer.
Fry till browned on one side, 4 to 5 minutes.
Turn... - 40.6064
Tongue And Lima Skillet
Place tongue in saucepan.
Cover with salted water.
Simmer, covered, allowing 1 hour per pound.
Drain tongue; cool.
Slit skin on tongue; peel off.
Cube enough of the tongue to measure 1 1/2 cups.
Refrigerate remaining for sandwiches.
In medium skillet cook... - 38.8356
Healthy Homestyle Country Sausage
In a large bowl, stir together the turkey, apples, rice, onions and garlic.
In a small bowl, stir together the sage, salt, red and black peppers, thyme and allspice.
Sprinkle the spice mixture over the turkey mixture.
Using your hands, mix until well... - 43.0542
1. Preheat the oven to 225 degrees centigrade.
2. In a large shallow baking dish, pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Swirl the oil to and fro to spread the oil evenly across the bottom.
3. In a frying pan, melt the butter over a moderate... - 44.4411
Gingered Ham Slice
Gingered ham slice is a super simple yet delicious and savory ham recipe made that can be baked in your oven. The ham is siply baked in a flavorful marinade of ginger ale with brown sugar, orange juice, mustard and wine vinegar. Flavored lightly with cloves... - 33.147
Tongue In Aspic
1. Chill a long narrow mold in the refrigerator.
2. Save the liquid in which the tongue cooked . Place a weight on the tongue or run a skewer through it to flatten it out after you have skinned it and trimmed out the roots.
3. Soften the gelatin in 1/4 cup... - 32.7867
Wash a fresh beef tongue.
Place in large pan with bones.
Add water just to cover.
Bring to boil.
Skim, when the scum comes to the top.
Add 3 beef stock cubes, 3 onions, 3 carrots, 4 celery stalks, 8 sprigs parsley and 8 peppercorns.
Reduce heat and simmer... - 39.5361
Salami Vegetable Bake
In a 2-quart casserole combine the potatoes, carrots, onion, water, and garlic.
Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power (HIGH) about 10 minutes or till, vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring after 5 minutes.
Stir in cabbage.
Stir together water, bouillon granules,... - 40.9087
Shred cheese with shredding disc and set aside.
Change to metal blade.
Process salami with on-off bursts until finely chopped.
Add tomato paste, oregano, garlic powder, and cheese, and process with 4 on-off bursts or until filling is mixed.
On a lightly... - 34.7763
1) Take a 9-inch skillet, heat margarine till it is hot and bubbly.
2) Now add the shallots and fry quickly for a minute by turning frequently.
3) Add mushrooms and cook, mixing at times till all the liquid reduces for about 3 minutes.
4) Scatter... - 45.7855
Pollo Con Peperoni
1) Preheat the grill.
2) Sear the green peppers on the grill by placing them 3 inches from the heat. You can also do this over the gas flame.
3) The skin of the peppers must blister and blacken slightly.
4) Once seared, using a knife peek the... - 42.5868
Gammon With Reaches
Reserve four peach halves for garnish and finely chop the remainder.
Mix with the onion, parsley, seasonings, cinnamon and breadcrumbs and bind together with a little peach juice.
Divide the stuffing mixture between the gammon placing it in the centre of each... - 35.2453
Meat Loaf With Olives
1) Take a large bowl and mix together egg white, oregano, cayenne pepper, garlic and onion in it.
2) Mix in lamb, parsley, olives, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the tomato paste.
3) Combine all the ingredients well with a... - 42.26
Making Bacon Part 2
It takes around 7-8 days time to cure the meat by keeping inside refrigerator. This video shows the next step of preparing dry cured bacon. The meat pieces are thoroughly waxed and placed on a rack for drying up. Watch this second part and check out. - 86.0009
2.In a bowl, mix garlic with salt and press them both.
3.Put thyme, celery salt, black pepper and dry mustard in the bowl.
4.Add wine and vinegar to the bowl and stir the mixture well.
5.Take the fowl pieces and dip them... - 43.3872
1) Start by incising the veal and create a neat compact shape , after trimming off any irregular pieces of meat
2) Along the center of meat, place rosemary and half of pancetta
3) Toss parsley and add another layer of pancetta, nutmeg, bay leaves and... - 46.4634
Ham And Pork Jambalaya
Cut pork (lean and fat) into cubes about Mi-inch square.
Chop onion and garlic very fine.
Dice ham and cut sausage into pieces.
Melt lard in a heavy iron pot or Dutch oven.
Add onion, garlic, pork and ham; brown slowly, stirring frequently.
Add sausage, bay... - 40.4633
Chicken Gumbo Soup
Trying hard to appease your craving for a wonderful dish? Specially made to appease your taste-buds, this Chicken Gumbo Soup uses some of the best liked combintaions of ingredients. Follow this easy and simple recipe to make Chicken Gumbo Soup on your own. - 48.3727
Trim the veal steaks to make 8 small escalopes. Season the veal with salt and pepper and add sage. Place a slice of ham on each veal slice, and secure in place by threading with toothpicks. Heat the 60g butter in a large, heavy frying pan and saute the... - 22.8587
Haiomszek Smoked Pork Ribs
Cook the ribs in some stock under lid; keep them warm until ready to serve.
Dilute the dried pea puree with the stock of the cured ribs.
Salt and chop the onions into slices, sprinkle with flour and fry till golden brown and crisp in hot lard.
Cut the pickled... - 30.0022
1) Drain the pickled peppers and slit each pepper open with the help of the point of a paring knife. Start about 1/4-inch below the stem and continue cutting lengthwise down through the tip. Take out the seeds with a knife's tip and discard... - 40.2028
Corned Beef With Spicy Pineapple Sauce
This Corned Beef With Spicy Pineapple Sauce tastes incredible. Try this cured meat and vegetables dish deliciously spiced with peppercorns with pineapple sauce for your next meal. Your suggestions for this Corned Beef With Spicy Pineapple Sauce are welcome. - 33.3048
Baked Stuffed Ham Pontalba
Baked stuffed ham pontalba is a pecan and truffle stuffed ham recipe. Herbed and spiced with cloves and cayenne, the baked and stuffed ham is flavored with cane syrup and is cooked with apples. Roasted to finish, the stuffed ham potalba is a real savory dish. - 43.4177
How To Make Brazillian Feijoada
Classic Brazilian soup. This video prepare authentic black bean soup which incorporates a wide variety of meat from pork to beef. Loaded with the traditional taste, this dish has the rich and smoky flavor making it an absolute gourmet's delight. Serve this... - 140.822
Cross Swords Butterflied Lamb
Lay lamb flat in a close-fitting pan.
Mix sherry and oil; rub over lamb.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until next day, turning meat over occasionally.
Lift from pan, reserving marinade; place leg boned side up.
At 2- to 3-inch intervals, cut... - 35.0444
1. Starting a day ahead, rinse dried beans and soak covered with cold water in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, soak the salt cured beef, pigtail in cool water overnight also but change the water a couple of times.
2. For making seasoning paste... - 101.278
White Wine Brine
Combine all ingredients except wine and meat in 4 quart nonaluminum saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat.
Increase heat to high, cover partially and let boil 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and skim off any foam that has accumulated on surface.
Let cool... - 38.1802
Sausage Antipasto Platter
Prepare Pesto Spread.
Cut 1/2-inch slice from top of tomato; zigzag edge.
Scoop out pulp.
Fill tomato with Pesto Spread; place in center of large serving platter.
Arrange remaining ingredients around tomato. - 32.8494
Chicken Gumbo Soup
1. Dice the bacon or jowl into small pieces.
2. Cut the chicken into serving pieces
3. Coat the chicken in seasoned flour.
4. In a large stockpot, sauté the diced bacon until it is brown and crisp
5. Remove using a slotted spoon onto... - 44.4411
Braised Beef Birds With Olives And Capers
Braised Beef Birds With Olives And Capers is an exotic and exquisite dish that is perfect for your parties. Trust me this Braised Beef Birds With Olives And Capers is a wonderful treat especially if your looking for something new and different. - 43.952
Soda Glazed Ham
Ham is a must over most holidays and different recipes make it particularly interesting. Watch chef Mark Makeovec of Wegmans Food Markets showing how to glaze ham using Wegmans Dr W Soda as the key ingredient besides other flavors. Makes a worthwile dinner! - 127.473
Pork, Nectarine And Pistachio Terrine
Put the pork fillet, garlic, the leaves from a thyme sprig and the brandy in a bowl, cover and leave to marinate overnight in the fridge
Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Line a 1kg terrine mould or loaf tin with tinfoil, put another sprig of thyme in... - 29.6143
Popularly known as the bread with a hole, bagel is quite a versatile bread. Originated by the jews, bagels are now a part of the global cuisine. Often stuffed with smoked salmon, makes it a fantastic bread to accompany the filling. Its chewy nature is surely... - 48.886
Thai Style Chili Lime Beef Jerky
My friedn Paul in England was telling me a couple of weeks ago that he would like to see a beef jerky recipe because he is paying $4.00 per 25 grams in England. Man! That's $64.00 a pound for beef jerky. So he asked me to do a beef jerky video. So here it is!... - 117.351
How To Make Beef Bacon!
An easy way to make beef bacon, using the Umai Dry Bag! I cover the curing and smoking process. - 0
If the cheek has been cured and dried, soak it for 5-6 hr., if not, wash well in several waters.
Cover the meat with warm water and simmer gently for 2 1/2 hr Then remove the cheek, strip off the skin and cover the cheek thickly with lightly browned... - 19.6477
How To Bake Bacon Part 2
This recipe video is in 2 part, this is Making Bacon part 2. Watch the other other part for complete recipe. Want to learn the secret behind baked bacons? In this video chef shares the easy tricks to make your bacon real crispy and delectable. Follow her... - 101.914
Celery Root Salad
Here's an irresistible Celery Root Salad recipe that will completely bowl over your guests. This recipe never fails to impress either as a side dish or an appetizer. Try this Celery Root Salad recipe for your next get together and bag some compliments. - 46.6159
If there is dish you have grown eating since childhood, the beef jerky is the best recipe to - 69.5454
Makin' Bacon From Start To Finish
This is my submission to 23mrcowboys 375 contest. One of my all time favorite things to make/cook is bacon. So what could be better than making the bacon yourself. Homemade bacon is so much better than store bought, it's pretty easy to do. - 108.603
Sweet And Spicy Venison Jerky
Do you enjoy jerky? What about venison jerky? Here is a video recipe of a simple marination for jerky. Largely prepared with hoisin sauce and soy sauce, this is a great recipe to try. - 109.551
Making Bacon Part 3
Once the meat pieces are dry, the bacon needs to be smoked. This part of the video shows the smoking process. To prepare bacon at your own, follow the step-by-step instruction. - 89.8759
Beef Braised In Red Wine
1. Preheat the oven to 225Â° F
2. Cube the meat, trim away any excess fat and gristly and dry them on paper towels
3. In an ovenproof casserole, heat oil over a medium flame and brown the meat cubes in it, a few at a time; as they... - 44.16
Perdices De Capellan
Flatten veal slices to make them as thin as possible.
On each, put one slice of ham and one slice of sausage.
Roll firmly, tucking in loose edges; tie with thread.
Dust in flour and brown well in hot olive oil in a flat casserole large enough to hold all the... - 36.9634
Chestnut & Bacon Cake
1. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onions and two-thirds of the bacon, covered, for 10 mins until the onions are very soft. Once cool enough to handle, mix with the chopped chestnuts, sausage meat,... - 34.4925
Crouton Topped With Ham And Chicken
Thinking what to do with left over cruton? Here is a unique recipe of ham and chicken which will serve as an excellent topping for the cruton. Watch the video to know more… - 108.634
Braised Country Style Ribs With Wine Kraut And Calvados
This tasty Braised Country Style Ribs With Wine Kraut And Calvados is a wonderful assortment of flavors and textures. I served it for my parents 30th wedding anniversary and everyone loved it! Not surprisingly the Braised Country Style Ribs With Wine Kraut... - 39.8674
Traditional Crumb Crust Baked Ham
You may have to order this uncooked ham or search it out.
Most supermarkets stock only precooked or partially cooked hams.
Soak ham in cold water to cover (optional, as most hams are not as salty today as home-salted and cured ones used to be).
Place ham on a... - 38.297
Ham Poached In Red Wine
Tie up the ham in a cheesecloth or a large, clean dish towel and put it into a pan just large enough to hold it.
Add the wine, onion, bouquet garni and fines herbes.
Bring to a boil, cover and then cook very slowly for five to six hours.
The ham is done when... - 34.7091
Pork Pot From Champagne
Put the soaked beans into a large saucepan and cover them generously with cold water.
Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 10 minutes.
Then skim and put in the salt pork, the ham and the root vegetables.
Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 30... - 41.0436
Fondue Flank Steak
Bias-cut steak in very thin 3x 1-inch Strips.
Combine 1/2 cup oil, wine, snipped ginger, catsup, molasses, garlic, curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Pour oil mix cure over steak.
Cover; marinate 2 hours at room temperature.
Drain well;... - 37.4544
Sage Leek & Onion Balls
1. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then soften the onions, leek and celery for 15 mins with the pan covered. Put the sausagemeat into a bowl. Once the onion mix has cooled, tip onto the sausagemeat, add the sage, bread,... - 32.1323
Our Best Wurst
1) Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, mix together jalapeno, salt, wine, sugar, chilli powder, Italian seasoning, pepper, cumin and oregano. Add in ground beef and mix to coat the meat completely. Set aside in the fridge for 24... - 41.0234
Pork Loin With Sherry
Using a larding needle, lard the interior of the pork with the strips of ham.
Roll and tie the roast with string, so that it is enclosed in its own layer of fat.
Put any trimmings from the pork in the bottom of a roasting pan, and place the pork on... - 34.6108
Beef Cordon Blue
Beef Cordon Bleu is a classical french dish. A fantastic amalgam of meat, cured meat and cheese. It is one of the fondest dishes found across Europe, because of its crispy and cheesy feel. Often served with accompanied sauces, but in itself is too flavorsome. - 43.4412
Roman Style Chicken
Rinse chicken and pat dry.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a heavy-bottomed 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat.
Add half the chicken pieces; cook, turning as needed, until browned on all sides (about 12 minutes).
Remove from pan and set aside.
Repeat to... - 42.0424
1. Wash the beans well and soak them overnight in water to cover. Soak the dried beef separately in water to cover. Drain the beans. Add six cups water and cook, covered, adding water as needed, until the beans are tender, or about two and one-half hours. As... - 43.4454
Caldo Gallego Ii
Put the ham, veal, bacon, pork sausage, and stewing chicken in an earthenware pot, cover with cold water, put on lid, season, and simmer as slowly as possible for 4 hours.
An hour after putting on the meat, place the white beans in a second pot, pour in cold... - 41.8321
Escudella De Pages
Rinse the beans in cold water and tie the bones in cheesecloth.
Put both with the chicken, sausage, and ham in a pot or casserole with 8 cups of cold water and salt.
Bring to a boil, reduce flame, and cook gently, covered, about 2 hours or until beans are... - 41.432
Homemade Pastrami - From Scratch
This pastrami turned out really good, soak it over night after the brining for a less salty brisket. I like it salty, reminds me of country ham. - 0
Creamy Shepherds Pie
1. For the topping Put potatoes and cauliflower in a large saucepan; cover with cold salted water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes. Drain. Mash with a potato masher or put through a potato ricer.... - 38.2266
Green Pea Soup
1) Take a heavy 6 to 8-quart casserole. Add the split peas, pig's feet, salt pork and water.
2) Allow it to come to a boil over high heat. Using a spoon, skim off the foam and scum as they rise to the surface.
3) Turn the heat settings to low,... - 45.1181
1) Keep each turkey scallop within two sheets of waxed paper. With a cleaver gently pound meat to about 1/8-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
2) Trim spare fat from ham and cast aside.
3) Clean chicken livers and run... - 46.3385
Steak Au Poivre
1) Two hours before serving, start preparing the steak. First, from the steak, remove all visible fat.
2) With a clean damp cloth, wipe the steak and gently dry it.
3) Meanwhile, in a mortar and pestle, crush the peppercorns.
4) Put the crushed... - 38.9154