- » Dried Miso
Dried Miso Recipes
Enjoy our collection of dried miso recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for dried miso recipes.
Rinse the wakame briefly under running water and soak in 1 cup water for 15 minutes.
Heat a large saucepan.
Add the oil and onions and saute 5 minutes.
Add the rest of the water and bring to a boil.
Simmer 20 minutes.
Cut the soaked wakame in 1/2" pieces and... - 37.0536
Miso Soup With Vegetables
Ever tried miso soup? In this video, Katherine shows you how to prepare a traditional miso soup. Made with tofu and mushrooms, this soup is healthy. Full of health and nutrition, this is a great soup to try out. Listen closely to the nutritional content of... - 126.102
Wakame Seaweed Miso Soup
1) Thinly slice the deep fried tofu on removing excess oil by rinsing in hot water .
2) In a saucepan, allow the dashi broth to boil; reduce the heat to add the miso- broth mixture.
3) Further add the sliced tofu,... - 35.1344
Miso Grilled Mushrooms
In a large bowl, blend miso, sake, ginger, honey, lemon juice, and vinegar.
Add mushrooms; stir to coat with marinade, then cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until next day.
Drain marinade into a small pan and set aside.
Thread an equal number of... - 39.4237
1. Place a sauce pan on heat, pour water, and add bonito soup stock in it.
2. Drop dried seaweed, stir, and bring it to a boil.
3. Now, add miso paste in boiling water. Stir until paste dissolves.
4. Cook until seaweeds are nice and tender.
5.... - 111.587
Miso Mirin Glazed Salmon
Wash and dry salmon fillets; season with salt and pepper.
Mix mirin, miso, orange juice and garlic in a small bowl until it resembles a paste.
Add a little more miso if necessary.
Generously coat all sides of the salmon with glaze.
Heat grill or broiler to... - 31.6405
Deep Fried Eggplant With Miso Sauce
This Deep Fried Eggplant With Miso Sauce recipe will entice any eater fussy or easy. If you are looking for an impressive Appetizer, then this dish is the answer. The Deep Fried Eggplant With Miso Sauce is made with Vegetable which is easy to procure from any... - 49.3023
Dashi is a basic stock used in Japanese cooking which is made by boiling dried kelp (seaweed) and dried bonito (fish). - 31.6993
1. Bring stock and kombu to a boil in a soup pot. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Strain; stir in soy sauce.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix about 1/4 cup of the warm stock into the miso paste with a wire whisk until the miso is dissolved. Pour this... - 27.5919
Porcini Miso Broth With Soba And Vegetables
1. Bring 3 cups of warer to a boil and pour over the porcini mushrooms. Let stand for 20 minutes. Lift the mushrooms out of the liquid and chop. Reserve the clear liquid.
2. Stir the miso into 1/2 cup of the hot porcini liquid and set aside. Bring a pot of... - 36.4652
Stir Fried Bok Choy With Miso
In a small bowl, whisk the broth with the miso, wine, sugar and cornstarch.
Heat a large wok or skillet until very hot.
Add the oil and chiles and cook over high heat until the chiles darken, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for 10 seconds, stirring... - 33.7149
Miso Chicken Soup With Rice Noodles
1. Strain the mushroom-soaking liquid into a medium-size saucepan. Add the stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
2. Cut off and discard the mushroom stems. Slice the caps into slivers, add them to the stock along with the rice noodles and simmer 3 to 4... - 29.2988
Miso & Maple-marinated Pork With Apple & Onion
Cut meat into 1/8-inch-thick slices 6 to 7 inches long.
In a heavy plastic food bag (about 1 qt.), combine miso, syrup, sake, ginger, and pork; mix well.
Seal shut and chill for at least 1 hour or up until the next day.
Core apples; cut into 1/2-inch... - 39.0041
Calum Best's Miso Chicken With Emerald Vegetables
Celebrity Chef Calum Best shares one of his favorite Thai dishes from his recently released "The Celebrity Cookbook".
This cookbook is the mastermind and produced by a team of nine corporate fundraisers from leading marketing services provider Communisis, as... - 40.7118
Miso Soup With Tofu
1. First make the dashi stock. Wipe the kombu seaweed with a damp cloth and put it into a saucepan with the measured water. Bring to a simmer, skimming off any scum that rises to the surface with a slotted spoon. When the soup is clear, add 1 1/2 tablespoons... - 32.3496
Peasant Style Miso Soup
1) In a medium-sized saucepan, put the chicken stock. In case canned chicken broth is being used, skim the fat off the surface and then pour the broth and 2 cans of water into the saucepan. Cover and bring the liquid to a boil over medium flame.
2)... - 40.471
Place the shiitake mushrooms in a heatproof bowl, cover with the boiling water, and set aside for about 10 minutes.
In a soup pot, cover the carrots with 3 1/2 cups of the stock or water and bring to a boil.
Lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes,... - 47.6559
Onion-potato Miso Soup
Onion Potato Miso soup is a Japanese classic soup. This video has a simple but classic recipe on how to create an authentic version of this dish. - 102.319
Miso Soup With Tofu And Wakame Seaweed
1. Soak wakame seaweed until it softens (about 10 minutes). Do not oversoak. Drain and trim away any tough sections, then cut into 1-inch (2 1/2-cm) lengths. Cut tofu into 1/2-inch (1 1/2 -cm) cubes.
2. Heat bonito stock over medium flame. When lukewarm,... - 29.3147
Japanese Miso Soup
Mix the soy and rice wine.
Pour over the tofu, marinate for 10 mins.
Put the stock, garlic, ginger and chilli in a pan and simmer for 2-3 mins.
Add the tofu and simmer for 2-4 mins more.
Add the noodles to the pan, simmer for 5 mins, then add the remaining... - 40.6268
Miso Soup With Mixed Vegetables
1. Soak mushrooms in warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with drop-lid, flat pan lid, or saucer. Discard stems and cut caps into quarters lengthwise. If using large mushrooms, slice into 1/2-inch (1 1/2-cm) wide... - 45.4093
Miso Chicken In Bean Paste
Combine all ingredients except the chicken, oil, and white wine.
Marinate the chicken in this mixture in the refrigerator overnight.
Remove the thighs and pat dry with paper towels, reserving the marinade.
Heat a frying pan and add the oil.
Lightly brown... - 39.0449
1) Preheat oven slow to 250°F.
2) On a baking sheet arrange the bread slices. Bake for about 45 minutes until thoroughly dry.
3) Let it cool completely and then break into pieces measuring 4 cups.
4) In a bowl add the bread and broth.... - 48.6891
Miso And Watercress Soup
1) In a small saucepan placed over medium-high heat, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
2) While waiting for the water to boil, wash the watercress and with paper towels or in a salad spinner, dry it. Trim the stem ends and discard them. Measure 2 cups... - 33.9184
Miso Chicken With Brown Rice
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub miso mixture over both sides of chicken breast halves. Wrap each breast half securely in plastic wrap. Arrange packets in steamer rack,- place rack in a Dutch oven. Steam packets, covered, 20 minutes or... - 33.2648
1. BROTH: In a sauce pan pour the water and add the red bean paste to the saucepan and dilute it completely.
2. Add the dried anchovies, the clams, and the potatoes to the saucepan.
3. Cook on medium-high heat until it reaches a boiling point.... - 112.939
Asian Watercress And Beef Terrine
1) Preheat oven hot to 450 degrees.
2) In a pie tin put watercress and bake for 10 minutes.
3) Decrease oven temperature to 375 degrees.
4) Greased the base of 9" by 5" by 3" glass pan or an 8 1/2" by 4" pan with oil.
5) Using food... - 42.0748
Aduki Bean Stew
The Aduki Bean Stew is a unique dish that is incomparable in its taste. Prepare this nutritious and filling Aduki Bean Stew using this recipe. - 38.0905
Torigai To Wakame No Nuta
Put the vinegar, sake and sugar into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Remove from the heat and stir in the miso paste until it melts.
Pour into individual dipping bowls and set aside.
Chop the wakame into short lengths, then arrange all the remaining... - 34.5669
Carrot Leek Bisque
GETTING READY 1) Arrange all the ingredients and the utensils to be used. MAKING 2) In a kettle, boil the water. 3) To the kettle,... - 35.9925
Tofu, Pasta And Olives
Poach the tofu for 3 minutes in a small pan of simmering water.
Drain and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a heavy frying pan and add the celery, kale or spinach and herbs.
Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, then reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 6-7... - 42.049
Old Fashioned Lentil Soup
GETTING READY 1) Arrange a soup kettle. MAKING 2) In the kettle, boil water. 3) Add to the boiled water, garlic, onion,... - 35.6306
1) Soak the rice in water for 1-2 hrs, drain well, reserve the water, and prepare the steamed rice as usual, to serve with the daikon later.
2) In a saucepan, alllow the reserved water to boil alongwith the daikon until tender.
3)... - 38.7493
1) In a heavy soup kettle, add water and bring it to a boil.
2) Put all the ingredients other than the lemon juice and bring back to boil.
3) Allow the liquid to simmer for 30 minutes. Break up the squash by frequent stirring to form thick stock.
4)... - 43.7753
First, make the marinade.
Combine all the ingredients in a large shallow mixing bowl, beating until they are thoroughly blended.
Arrange the fish pieces in the marinade, basting to coat them completely.
Cover the dish and chill in the refrigerator for at... - 34.4925
Golden Potato Soup
GETTING READY 1) Arrange a heavy bottomed soup kettle. MAKING 2) In the kettle, heat the oil and melt butter. ... - 35.4891
For the miso soup prepare the miso soup by bringing the water to a boil.
Add Hondashi and whisk in miso paste, boil again and strain.
Pour into cups and garnish with diced tofu, black mushrooms and spring onions.
For the Japanese rice Prepare the Japanese... - 39.7005
Country Corn Chowder
1) In a saucepan, add water and bring it to a boil.
2) Add potatoes, onion, garlic and celery and wait till the water starts to boil.
3) At this time add bouillon and seasonings.
4) Reduce heat to medium and cover the saucepan with a lid. Allow the... - 48.5884
Peanut, Tofu And Sesame Soup
Spread the cooked peanuts on a large cutting board and chop them coarsely. Set aside.
Using a small amount of oil, saute the tofu cubes with the celery, onions, and mushrooms. The tofu should brown lightly and the onions should be golden.
Combine the... - 38.0486
Riverbank Oyster Pot
1. Lightly wipe both sides of kelp with a damp cloth and make 1/2-inch (1 1/2-cm) cuts with scissors at 1-inch (2 1/2-cm) intervals. Place in a pan containing 5 cups cold water and set aside for 1 hour (for stronger stock, 3 hours). Bring stock to a boil,... - 40.2484
Perfect Creamy Cauliflower Soup
1) In a heavy soup kettle, add butter to melt over heat.
2) Pour in oil and sauté the onion, scallions, and garlic.
3) Add celery and cauliflower and sauté a while.
4) Season with spices and combine well.
5) Cook this uncovered, by keeping the heat... - 48.1789
Vegetable Salad With Avocado Dressing
Move over honey mustard or chili lime! Here’s a new salad dressing that will win everyone’s heart. Silky, smooth and luscious, this creamy dressing mixes well with almost anything — be it your leafy greens or roasted chicken. What’s more, it can... - 139.093
Egg Flower Soup
1.In a large saucepan, heat oil.
2.Add shallots, celery, Chinese leaves and carrot and stir fry them on high flame for 3 minutes,
3.Pour the stock and add kombu and dried mushrooms.
4.Let the mixture boil.
5.Put the lid on and simmer for 15- 20... - 50.6094
Chinese Lamb Stew
Stews are an integral part of Chinese cuisine and here is a recipe to make lamb stew. Watch cook Marie Wong showing how to make lamb stew with lamb neck fillet, vegetables and some Chinese flavors. Served hot with garnish as desired. - 70.2205
Cauliflower Pea Cream Soup
GETTING READY 1) Chop the onion, celery, scallions, parsley and cilantro. 2) Core the cauliflower and chop into 1- inch pieces. MAKING... - 36.6756
Shredded Beef & Almonds In Lettuce Cups
With a cleaver or other large sharp knife, slice beef across grain in thin slices.
Stack several slices and cut in matchstick shreds about 2-inches long.
Repeat with remaining slices.
Combine Marinade and beef until beef is coated.
Cover and... - 40.8674
Summer Special Okinawa Stir Fry With Bitter Melon
Are you on a lookout for some great summer delicacies? Okinawa Stir Fry with Bitter Melon is a bliss during summers. The dish consists of egg, tofu, onion and pork cooked in miso flavor. Watch the chef churn out this great blend of flavors and you can easily... - 144.517
Looking for a tasty Onigiri recipe? This video will give you 7 variations to the dish. Watch how the chef prepares the traditional Onigiri with 7 different fillings. Treat your family to this delicacy today. - 142.41
Mix the miso, green onions, ginger, sugar, and soy.
Simmer for 5 minutes and allow to cool.
Marinate the chicken thighs overnight in this mixture, covered and in the refrigerator.
Next day add the wine to the marinating chicken.
Drain the chicken... - 39.5897
Rinse seaweed in cold water, then soak in 2 cups of fresh water for at least 15 minutes. Drain, squeezing out excess liquid.
In a large skillet, saute onions, carrots and ginger in vegetable oil for 5 to 10 minutes until carrots are tender but still crisp.... - 28.7873
Sweet Potato Poutine Recipe - Canadian Favourites
The Canadian’s love their Poutine. Why won’t they? Who can resist French fries topped with cheese curds a rich gravy. This recipe is inspired by the French Canadian version with a complete makeover, Pinoy-style. Jay make a poutine with sweet potato fries... - 125.591
1) In a large skillet , saute the chicken, carrot, onion, and potato in sesame oil over gentle heat for about 2 min.
2) Stir in the dashi broth allow to boil, skim any scum on the surface, add sake and lower the... - 40.8764
Exotic Barley Stew
Heat the oil in a large soup pot or dutch oven. Start sauteing the onion, then add the green beans and continue sauteing until the onions are very soft and the green beans are tender but still crisp.
Stir in the mint, parsley, stock, miso, salt, and dill... - 39.3394
Chinese New Year Seven Vegetable Stir Fry
Flavor, happiness and luck can be yours if you make this wonderful colorful and festive stir fry in honor of the Chinese New Year. Like all stir fries, the only difficult part is the preparation of the ingredients while the cooking process is quick and easy.... - 106.518
Southeast Asian Style Beef Salad
1. Brush the steak with about 1/4 cup of the miso dressing. Marinate at room temperature for up to an hour or cook immediately. When ready to cook, position a broiler pan on the rack closest to the broiler and preheat to high.
2. Carefully lay the steak in... - 35.1649
Iwashi No Kabayaki
Cook the rice, following the instructions given in gohan.
Meanwhile, remove the main bones from the sardines and splay open.
Wash in lightly salted water then transfer to a shallow dish.
Pour over the soy sauce and ginger and set aside at room temperature for... - 41.549
Hummus Pinwheels With Raw Veggie Crudites
1. Soak garbanzo beans in 6 cups of water with baking soda overnight.
2. Cook the beans in soaked water, covered, for 45 minutes or until they can easily be pierced using a fork.
3. Drain and keep aside ¼ cup water.
4. In a bowl, mix... - 43.8804
1. Wash and clean the prawns and then devein them
2. Wash and clean the squid rings and pat dry
3. Slice the spring onions in to large pieces and then chop the Chinese cabbage into 4 cm/1.5 inch pieces. Wash and set aside to drain
4.... - 46.8243
Quick And Easy "almost" Raw Soup: Ramen
Traditional Japanese ramen is a hearty bowl of chewy noodles in a savory beef broth. In this how-to raw food video, Jennifer Cornbleet shows you how to make a healthy vegetarian version of this beloved soup...in about the same time it would take to cook... - 0
Navy Bean Tarragon
Navy Bean Tarragon is easy to make and is also professional at the same time. Both my husband and I love this Navy Bean Tarragon dish. You will like the fact that it comes cheap too! - 32.7946
Iwashi No Tsumire Jiru
Remove the main bones from the sardines and clean them in salted water.
Dry on kitchen towels and chop into small pieces.
Put the sardines into a blender and blend until smooth.
Alternatively, pound in a mortar with a pestle until smooth.
Stir the miso paste,... - 38.4985
Yasi No Kushiage
First make the sauce.
Beat the miso paste and vinegar together until they are well blended, then stir into the mayonnaise.
Set aside while you cook the vegetables.
Put the eggs, breadcrumbs and flour into separate, shallow bowls.
Dip all of the vegetable... - 39.5157
Garbanzo And Cheese Loaf
Combine the bread crumbs and pineapple juice and let them soak while you prepare the vegetables.
Either chop the garbanzos coarsely or grind them in a food grinder using the coarse blade. Don't puree them in a blender, because you want them to maintain their... - 35.2964
1) In a large bowl, add water and soak 2 cups of soybeans for overnight or for a minimum of 10 hours.
2) In a saucepan, cook the soaked soybeans for at least 8 hours to get soft. You may need to add water occasionally. Drain water, once... - 47.3027
Winter Special Natto Jiru Soup
Looking for some great winter recipes? Here's an oriental delicacy that is an absolute bliss in winters. Watch the chef prepare this Winter Special Natto Jiru Soup which is also extremely healthy. Watch the video now and treat your family to a bowl full of... - 145.674
Preparation Cut crab in serving-size pieces and set aside.
Cooking Heat oil in a 5-quart pot over medium heat.
Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is soft.
Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
Add broth,... - 37.8352
Cut crab in serving-size pieces and set aside.
Cooking Heat oil in a 5-quart pot over medium heat.
Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is soft.
Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
Add broth, water, and wine... - 44.0317
To prepare the salad dressing, combine the garlic, ginger, miso paste, peppercorns, and vinegar in the bowl of a food processor.
Process briefly to blend.
With the blades in motion, slowly pour in the oil.
Add the soy sauce and set aside.
Pour enough oil into... - 45.8229
Millet And Tomato Gratin
1. In a skillet, heat the oil and gently fry the onions for about 2-3 minutes.
2. Stir in carrots and sweat over low heat for about 5 minutes, and add thyme and millet.
3. Cook for 2 minutes until the grains get slightly toasted.
4. Make tomatoes and... - 45.5337
1.Start by soaking the dashi kombu seaweed into the water for about 1 hour.
2.Remove the outer skin of daikon radish. Shred the radish into 2 inch strips.
3.Just like daikon, slice the carrot into strips.
4.Cut the long green onion into 1/inch... - 87.5243
Fettuccini With White Beans And Greens
Looking for a nice change from your regular pasta preparation? Here is a recipe for fettuccini with white beans and greens. Watch this video and try out the recipe. The pasta is well flavored with herbs and garlic. Watch and learn. - 120.538
One of the most popular and favored Japanese dish is the Maki sushi. The word 'maki' means 'roll' in Japanese because this dish is made up of fish rolled with rice and dried seaweed. There are many other Sushi types that will surely tickle your fancy. - 33.6318
Classic Caesar Salad
Here's a video for the ever popular Caesar Salad. A video which is non English but with English sub titles. So don't fret, you could still watch the video to know how to make this healthy and crunchy yummy Caesar salad! - 93.2918
A Signature Bite - Mochiyaki
What is your signature cookie, which represents you? Jay thinks out of the box and makes his 'signature' cookie as “The Aimless Cook.” A Korean inspired cookie, it is simple, with amazing contrasting flavors and textures that makes one satisfying and... - 122.446
Mochiyaki is a crispy cookie, made with flour and butter. It is a simple and straight forward recipe. Try this recipe and have fun with flavors. Check out the recipe video. - 109.471
Japanese Style Salad
1. Prepare chicken breasts as directed in Chilled Somen Noodles. Drain crab meat. Remove any shell or cartilage.
2. Soak wakame seaweed for 10 minutes in water. Do not soak too long. Rinse. Pour boiling water over wakame, then drain and squeeze out excess... - 37.4923
Summer Squash With Dill Sauce
Celebrate this summer with healthy and delicious summer squash. This impressive video shows an elegant recipe that would surely be a great summer delight. So watch this video to enjoy the summer squash with a flavorful dill sauce. - 119.311
Japanese shabu Shabu
1. Prepare a total of 8 1/2 cups bonito stock.
2. Blanch 4 whole cabbage leaves in boiling water until soft, then cool in cold water. Drain. Pare down thick veins so cabbage can be rolled. Blanch spinach in same manner as cabbage. Squeeze out... - 42.5652
For the Xocopili Jus:
Caramelize the oranges, apples, garlic, onions, carrots and celery. Add tomato paste, aromatics and spices, and let cook for another 5 minutes. Deglaze with wines and reduce 75%. Add stocks and reduce, constantly skimming until it... - 39.9606