- » Dried Lentil
Dried Lentil Recipes
Enjoy our collection of dried lentil recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for dried lentil recipes.
Simple Lentil Chili And Sautéed Kale With Sun-dried Tomatoes
Here is a super healthy vegetarian dish that everyone will love. Lentil Chili and Sautéed Kale with Sun-Dried Tomatoes makes the perfect vegetarian main course dish. You can serve it with whatever you like. Watch and learn the recipe from this video. Cheers! - 118.929
Lentils And Sun Dried Tomatoes With Shells
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and Italian seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 4-5 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook about 2 minutes... - 28.1152
Healthy Lentil And Sun Dried Tomato Salad
If healthy food is in, then so is this dish. Lentil and sun dried tomato salad is without a doubt flippin' awesome dish. Balsamic vinaigrette used in this recipe give it that extra tweak in its flavor. This could easily pass off as a classic salad for... - 127.528
Sukhi Daal / Dry Lentils
Learn how to make dry Urad Dal recipe using Urad daal wash, also referred sometimes as Punjabi Daal dry, Amritsari sookhi dahl etc. You will need Lentils (Urad Dal Wash), Onions, Tomatoes, Cilantro, ginger, Garlic, Carrots and basic Indian spices. This is... - 0
Cream Of Lentil Soup
Completely soften beans as directed.
Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and water to crock pot.
Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours (on high setting for 3 to 4 hours).
Turn to low setting and stir in cream; add salt and pepper to taste. - 31.0136
Baked Lentils With Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In 13-by-9-inch baking pan, combine all ingredients except cheese and parsley. Cover with foil; bake until carrots are tender, about 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until cheese is bubbly, about 5 minutes. Garnish with... - 29.5574
Sweet And Sour Lentils
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, add the chicken broth and the lentils. Allow it to come to a boil.
2) Turn down the flame and continue cooking for about 20 to 30 minutes, until the lentils just start to become tender.
3) Mix in the onions, oil, lemon juice,... - 44.2017
Completely soften beans as directed .
Add remaining ingredients to crock pot.
Add 4 cups water.
Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 14 hours (on high setting for 4 to 6 hours). - 29.63
Dry Urad Dal
1 Clean and wash the dal (lentils).
2 In a bowl, let the dal soak for a little while.
3 In a thick saucepan, heat the butter.
4 Add in the sliced onions, ginger and the herbs, fry for a few minutes.
5 Add in the turmeric, salt and... - 44.0158
Easy Pureed Lentils
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, add water, lentils, bay leaves, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, parsley, raisins, chili and cumin powder. Let the broth come to a boil.
2) Once boiling, lower the flame, and cook for about 45 minutes.
3) If the contents start... - 43.1266
Pasta With Lentil Sauce
1. Spray large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add onion, carrot, and celery; cook over medium-high heat until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
2. Add 1 1/3 cups water and remaining ingredients, except pasta. Bring to a boil, stirring... - 30.6304
Lentil Spinach Toss
1. Rinse lentils with running cold water and discard any stones or shriveled lentils. In 3-quart saucepan over high heat, heat lentils, water, bay leaf, and 1 teaspoon salt to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, until lentils are... - 30.0205
Lentil And Ham Soup
1. Combine the lentils and water in a large kettle.
2. Saute the pork five minutes. Add the vegetables and garlic and cook ten minutes. Add to the lentils. Add the ham bone, the bay leaf and cloves tied in a cheesecloth, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, and... - 31.8033
Lentil And Carrot Stew With Yogurt Topping
Heat the oil in a 4-quart Dutch oven over moderate heat for 1 minute.
Add the onions and saute, stirring often, for 12 to 15 minutes or until dark brown.
Transfer half of the onions to a plate and set aside.
Add the lentils and rice to the onions remaining in... - 37.7215
Lentil Soup With Knockwurst
Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over moderate heat for 1 minute.
Add the knockwurst and brown lightly, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Drain on paper toweling.
Remove all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the pan.
In the same pan, saute the car-rots,... - 38.248
Lamb & Lentil Soup
1. Rinse and drain lentils. In a deep 3-quart casserole with lid, combine lamb shank, celery, onion, carrot, lentils and water. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, salt, garlic salt, marjoram, thyme and white pepper.
2. Cover and microwave at 100% ... - 31.7089
Rice And Lentils Italiano
1. In large saucepan, heat oil; add rice and lentils, stirring to coat; cook over medium heat, 3 minutes. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until most of liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5... - 30.2626
Short Ribs With Lentils And Rice
Heat the oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven or flameproof casserole over moderate heat for 1 minute.
Working in 3 batches, add the ribs and brown on all sides about 10 min utes per batch.
Remove the ribs and set aside.
Add the onions, garlic, and pep pers to the... - 39.7173
Indian Dal Vadi
Watch this fantastic video that shares a recipe for homemade dal vadi. The video is demonstrated in a step by step manner with all the tips to make perfect dal vadis. These sun dried dal vadis are a great addition to a variety of indian recipes and make... - 87.7637
In small mixing bowl, combine parsley, onion, garlic, margarine and bouillon.
Microwave at High for 1 to 2 minutes, or until margarine melts.
Pour into food processor bowl.
Add remaining ingredients.
Process until smooth.
Spoon mixture into small... - 45.3274
1) Soak the chawli overnight.
2) Boil chawli with turmeric until done
3) Take a wok ad heat oil. Add asafoetida and mustard, let it splatter.
4) Then add onions, chilies and salt and sautÃ© until onions change color.
5) Now, add... - 44.8694
German Lentil Soup
1. In 5-quart Dutch oven or saucepot over low heat, cook bacon until lightly browned; push to side of Dutch oven. Add onions, carrots, and celery; over medium heat, cook until vegetables are tender. Add ham bone, lentils, bay leaf, water, pepper, thyme, and 1... - 28.3056
Mash the lentils and egg yolk with a fork.
Mix in the flour, the spices and a little salt; the mixture should leave the sides of the bowl but be slightly sticky.
Leave it to rest and firm up for an hour.
Knead the mixture for a few minutes, then take... - 37.288
Lentil And Pasta Soup
1. Check the dried lentils carefully to remove any foreign matter such as tiny stones or pebbles. To do this, put the lentils in a colander (the flat type is preferable for this), and swirl the lentils around by hand. Then wash them several times by holding... - 33.5574
Herbed Lentils And Rice
Combine the chicken or vegetable broth, lentils, onion, uncooked brown rice, wine, basil, salt, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, pepper, and shredded Swiss cheese.
Turn mixture into an ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole with a tight fitting lid.
Bake, covered, in... - 35.1575
Thick Lentil And Spinach Soup
1) Take a large kettle; cover it after putting lentils and water in it.
2) Boil until soft for 1 1/2 to 2 hours careful not to be mushy.
3) If necessary, pour in enough water to maintain the consistency of a soup.
4) Take a small skillet; heat oil in... - 37.1255
Lentil Soup With Spinach
Cook and stir onions and garlic in oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until onions are tender.
Stir in water, lentils and salt.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 1 hour.
Stir in spinach, lemon peel and lemon juice.
Cover and simmer until... - 33.9544
Lentil And Vegetable Soup
1. In a slow-cooking pot or crock pot, combine all the ingredients.
2. Give a good stir to mix well.
3. Cover pot with its lid
4. Allow the beans and vegetables to cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or if you have ample time and are in not hurry, cook on... - 43.0399
Dry Urad Dhal
This Dry Urad Dhal tastes yummy ! Try out this delicious bean dish with rice or roti and you're going to love the taste. Your suggestions for this Dry Urad Dal are welcome ! - 34.7042
Brown Lentil And Potato Soup
Combine lentils, stock, salt pork, vegetables, bouquet garni and salt.
Cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 30 minutes.
Add potatoes and simmer 15 minutes.
Discard bouquet garni.
Melt butter until bubbly, sprinkle with flour, and cook, stirring, 3... - 38.3738
Have you been looking for a high on protein dish? This video is a must watch for you. The chef displays a detailed process to prepare a high on taste and health Maple-Dijon Lentils recipe. Watch it now. - 99.4871
1. Pick over the lentils; wash and drain. Put in a kettle with the water, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic.
2. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 1 hour. Season with salt to taste. - 25.5687
Lentil Soup With Wine
Masur Lentil Soup With Wine is a brilliant combo of eastern and western recipes. I remember how easy it was to prepare simple masur lentil when I was just learning to cook. But in it's traditional form, Masur Lentil Soup With Wine has lentil, bacon, mixed... - 41.4769
Lentil And Split Pea Puree
Cook bacon until crisp, remove with slotted spoon to drain on paper toweling and set aside.
Adding fat to bacon drippings if needed, lightly brown onion, garlic and carrot.
Stir in lentils and peas to coat well and add stocks.
Cover, bring to gentle boil,... - 33.5044
Zesty Lentil Soup
Wash lentils and soak overnight in 3 quarts water.
Do not drain.
Add bouillon cubes, vegetables, and mustard.
Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 2 hours or until lentils are tender.
If desired, whirl in blender or force lentils and vegetables through... - 32.5842
Bulgur Salad With Lentils
Do you have enough fiber in your daily food? Here is a great recipe to getting loads of protein and fiber in your daily food. Apart from the bulgur and lentils, this salad also contains cucumbers and scallions. The flavoring for this recipe comes from the... - 115.472
In kettle or Dutch oven combine lentils with water, un-drained tomatoes, bacon, onion, carrot, parsley, vinegar, garlic, salt, oregano, and pepper.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or till lentils and vegetables are tender. - 30.7526
Armenian Lentil Soup With Ham Hocks
Soak the lentils overnight in enough water to cover.
When ready to cook, presoak a clay pot for 15 minutes.
Put the lentils in the presoaked clay pot, after draining off and discarding the water, then add the ham hocks and all the other ingredients.
Cover the... - 33.8604
Homestyle Lentil Soup
Combine all ingredients, except for the wine, in the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
Just before serving, stir in the red wine.
Adjust seasonings, if necessary.
Additional water may be added for a thinner consistency. - 30.1568
Hearty Lentil Soup
1) In a slow cooker, place together lentils, ham hocks, celery, carrots, onions and seasoning.
2) Put the lid on and simmer for 6 to 8 hours.
3) Using a ladle press some of the lentils to thicken the soup.
4) Take the ham out of the lentil... - 40.6136
Sweet And Sour Lentils
1. Bring the broth to a boil in a kettle and add the bay leaf, salt, and lentils. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
2. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir to mix well and cook for 5 minutes, or until the lentils are tender. - 29.6737
Wash lentils and drain.
Cover with cold water and leave to stand at least 2 hours.
Strain. Place in a large saucepan, with stock and bones, cover, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for half an hour, or until lentils are tender.
Add potatoes and simmer... - 32.1564
Old Fashioned Lentil Soup
1. Combine ham bone, water, lentils, carrots, onion, salt, sugar, pepper and bay leaf in a kettle; cover; bring to boiling; simmer 1 hour, or until lentils are tender.
2. Take out ham bone; strip off bits of meat and add to soup. Remove bay leaf.
3. Ladle... - 31.139
Lentil And Vegetable Stew
Heat water and lentils to boiling in Dutch oven; reduce heat.
Cover and cook until lentils are almost tender, about 30 minutes.
Stir in potatoes, onion, celery, garlic, parsley, bouillon, salt and cumin.
Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20... - 28.7933
Combine all ingredients in a large Dutch oven.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Remove bay leaf. - 31.6475
Lou Snow S Spanish Lentil Soup
Heat oil in a very large frying pan or Dutch oven.
Stir in green pepper, onion, and garlic.
Cook until soft.
Sprinkle with flour, and stir.
Add remaining ingredients.
Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 2 hours.
Taste and correct seasonings. - 36.653
Hearty Red Lentil Soup
1. Wash the lentils thoroughly and drain them.
2. Transfer the lentils into a medium stock pot or saucepan and cover with 4 cups of water.
3. Place the saucepan on a medium flame and cook the lentils for 30 minutes or until they are tender. ... - 48.7922
Lentil Soup With Frankfurters
1) In 3-quart saucepan, saute bacon until almost crisp.
2) In a cup, pour the drippings; return 1 tablespoon to saucepan; discard rest.
3) Add frankfurters, onion, and thyme; cook over high heat until frankfurters are browned for 2 to 3 minutes.
4)... - 46.0661
Dry Kabuli Chana
Soak the kabuli channa overnight.
The next day parboil the channa and potatoes.
Cut the potatoes into long pieces.
Brown the onion in the ghee and add the kabuli channa, potatoes, three green chillies, ginger, cumin seed powder, salt, turmeric and a quarter... - 38.1824
Spaghetti With Lentil Sauce
Rinse, soak and drain lentils according to package directions.
Place oil in large skillet, stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic and saute 5 minutes.
Add lentils, red pepper, black pepper and broth.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer... - 39.4273
This Lentil Soup recipe is my favorite . Lentil Soup is not only tasty but also very nutritious. Today, it is recognized as highly nutritious, and provides a good source of protein, fiber, iron and potassium. So if you have good taste and also care about your... - 42.0172
Mushroom And Lentil Soup
1) In a saucepan over medium heat oil and sautÃ© the onions for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
2) Add the stock, mushrooms, carrots, lentils, rosemary and bay leaf.
3) Bring the onion mixture to a boil.
4) Cover loosely and simmer for 30... - 43.3514
Spencer Christian's Spaghetti With Lentil Sauce
1) In a saucepan, add lentils and water. Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes till tender.
2) Drain and keep aside.
3) In large skillet heat oil and cook onion and the garlic over moderately low heat till onion is softened.
4) Stir in tomato sauce, chopped... - 47.0106
Lentil And Grains Pilaf
1. In a medium saucepan combine the water, margarine or butter, and bouillon granules; heat till margarine is melted. Stir in onion, uncooked brown rice, wheat berries, and savory. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
2. Stir the... - 34.0489
Home-style Lentil Soup
1) In a slow cooker, place together lentils, water, onions, carrots, thyme, bay leaf, salt, peppercorns and ham or bacon,
2) Put the lid on and simmer for 6 to 8 hours.
3) When ready to serve, pour in the red win e and stir well.
4) Check for the... - 44.1429
Zesty Lentil Stew
Rinse lentils under cold water; drain.
Combine lentils, potatoes, broth, water, tomatoes, vegetable juice cocktail, onion, carrot, celery, basil, oregano, jalapeno pepper and salt in 3-quart saucepan.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to... - 37.8363
Black Eyed Pea And Lentil Salad
1. Place the peas and lentils in a medium-size saucepan with cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over medium heat and stir in 1/2 teaspoon of the salt; cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until the peas and lentils are tender,... - 32.5414
Hearty Low Calorie Lentil Stew
In a 6 quart Dutch oven over moderate heat, bring the lentils, beef broth, yellow onion, garlic, celery, half the carrots, and the tomatoes, rosemary, and pepper to a simmer.
Adjust the heat so that the mixture bubbles slowly, cover, and cook for 35... - 33.9028
In a large kettle or Dutch oven combine chicken broth, tomatoes, lentils, potato, carrot, onion, celery, parsley, basil, garlic, and pepper.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 35 to 40 minutes or till the lentils are tender. - 31.7616
1) In a medium saucepan, add lentils, carrots, bay leaf and water. Cook covered on low flame for about 55 minutes, or till the water has been absorbed and the lentils turn soft. Add in little water if necessary.
2) Take the saucepan off... - 42.7652
Wash the lentils under running cold water.
Pour the 2 quarts of water into a large kettle and bring to the boiling point.
Add the lentils, bacon, onion, carrot and celery.
Cover partially and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
Heat the bacon fat in a large... - 45.0652
1) In a large saucepan cover lentils with water.
2) Put onion, salt, and bay leaf.
3) Simmer covered for about 45 minutes till lentils are tender.
4) Discard bay leaf.
5) Drain in a colander and cool.
6) Toss lentils with celery, pickle, and green... - 47.4247
1. In large saucepan, cover the lentils with water.
2. Add onion, salt, and bay leaf.
3. Simmer covered, on a medium flame for 45 minutes until lentils are tender.
4. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
5. Drain in a colander and cool lentils
6.... - 48.54
Chicken And Lentil Stew
This Chicken and Lentil stew is my favorite side dish with rice ! You can try Chicken and Lentil stew with spaghetti, bread or any other staple. Tell me what you think about this conveniently prepared stew - 38.7523
Lentil With Lemon Soup
Sort and rinse lentils; place in a 4-quart pot.
Fry bacon in a large skillet until crisp; drain and cool on paper towels.
Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon drippings, discarding remainder.
Crumble cooked bacon.
Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic to reserved... - 40.3976
Lentil Salad With Fresh Herbs
Bring water to a boil in a large kettle; add remaining ingredients, except green onion and green pepper.
Turn heat down, cover, and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until lentils are tender.
You may need to add a little water as lentils cook.
Pour dressing over cooked... - 36.8604
Microwaved Lentil Soup
In a 1 1/2-quart casserole, combine the water, lentils, and bay leaf.
Stick the whole cloves into the garlic for easy retrieval later; add to the casserole.
Microwave on high for 20 minutes.
Cover tightly and set aside for 10 minutes.
Remove and discard the... - 44.126
1) In a large kettle, combine lentil and water.
2) Saute pork and then stir in vegetables and garlic and let it cook for 10 minutes.
3) Add the pork mixture to the lentils.
4) Add ham bones.
5) In a cheesecloth tie bay leaf and cloves and add in the... - 46.5215
Savory Lentil Soup
1. In a large stock pot or kettle, add the lentils, pork hock, thyme and bayleaf. Cover with water.
2. Place on a moderate flame and bring to a boil.
3. Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer lentils for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the onion,... - 43.5722
Lentil Broccoli Soup
1. Sort rinsed lentils.
2. Take a Dutch oven or saucepan, add lentils, cardamom, onions, celery, carrots, cinnamon, bell peppers, pepper and stock.
3. Allow the mixture to come to boil.
4. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for half an hour or till... - 46.1349
Spicy Lentil Stew
1. Wash the lentils, drain well and set aside
1. In a heavy skiller, add garlic and pepper and steam stir in a few spoonfuls of water for five minutes until tender
2. Add tomato juice, chili powder, cumin and herbs, stir in the lentils... - 41.6892
Herbed Lentil Stew
1)Clean lentils with water and drain.
2)In a heavy skillet, put onion, garlic, pepper and water. Stir for 5 minutes even asl the mixture starts to steam.
3)Now add in tomato juice, cumin, herbs and chili powder.
4)Put in the lentils and stir to... - 44.9102
Hearty Lentil Soup
In a food processor, combine the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic and process until finely chopped.
Heat a large saucepan, coated with cooking spray, over high heat.
Add the onion mixture and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
Add the chicken broth,... - 41.1025
1) In a large saucepan heat oil and cook onion and garlic over low heat for 5 minutes till softened.
2) Put carrots, celery, lentils, and broth.
3) Boil the soup and simmer for 30 minutes.
4) Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste.
5) Simmer for 10... - 45.0685
Lentil Spaghetti Sauce
1) Use cooking spray to coat a Dutch oven.
2) Put onion, garlic and pepper in the Dutch oven and sautÃ© over moderate heat till the vegetables are tender.
3) Add the red pepper, broth, lentils and salt.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil.
5) Cover the... - 45.771
1) Take a large skillet and melt butter in it.
2) Add onion and garlic. Saute until onion gets tender.
3) Add lentils, water, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaf.
4) Cover and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 45... - 46.2243
Lentil Salad With Kielbasa And Peppers
1. Cover the lentils with 3 cups of water in a bowl; let the lentils soak overnight.
2. Drain the lentils. Rinse under cold running water.
3. Place the lentils in a small saucepan. Cover with water. Add the 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling over medium heat.... - 37.6314
1) Rinse lentils to remove any foreign matter and drain well.
2) In a medium saucepan, bring a mixture of lentils, 2 cups water and bay leaf to a boil.
3) Lower heat and cook, covered for 30 minutes gently just below boiling, until... - 48.6039
Lentil Rice Salad
1. In a medium saucepan or pot, add water and bring it to a rapid boil.
2. Add lentils and rice and bring to boil again, stirring to prevent sticking to sides of the pan.
3. Lower the heat and cover the pan with its lid.
4. Simmer the rice and lentils... - 49.6937
Slow Cooker Lentil Stew With Cornbreod Dumplings
1. In a large 3 1 /2- to 4-quart slow cooker, add the stew ingredients
2. Cover and cook them on a low heat setting for 7-8 hours
3. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, the cornmeal, the baking powder and salt.
4. Add the milk, oil and eggs to the mixture... - 43.9152
Warm Lentil Salad
This is a salad made using familiar ingredient such as the lentil! Watch the chef make this salad, though presentation of the video is amiss! - 86.3842
Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
Preheat a heavy 8-quart pot, preferably nonstick, over high heat to 350°, about 4 minutes.
Add 1 cup of the onions, 1 cup of the bell peppers, 1 cup of the celery, and the bay leaves.
Stir and cook,... - 46.9868
Lentils In Tomato Sauce
1. Saute onions and garlic until onions are transparent.
2. Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. - 28.3845
Combine ham hock, water, stock, bay leaf and whole onion.
Cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 3 hours, or until ham hock is tender.
Remove ham hock and set aside.
Discard bay leaf and whole onion.
Reserve cooking liquid.
Saute carrot, sliced onion,... - 40.0074
Minted Lentil Soup
1 In a large heavy saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
Add the onions, garlic, and carrots and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in the mint, lentils, stock, and water and bring to a boil.
2 Adjust the heat so that the mixture simmers gently, cover, and... - 42.5634
Oven Baked Lentils
1.Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2.Clean the lentils properly with water.
3.Take a casserole dish and put lentils water and onion in it.
4.Put the dish in the oven and bake for an hour.
5.Once done, filter the excess... - 30.7654
Barley Lentil Stew
1. Saute the onion and the garlic in the oil in a medium-size heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring often, until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, wash and pick over the lentils and the barley. Add to the saucepan with the tomatoes... - 26.1077
Winter Warmed Red Lentil Soup
1. Put the lentils, onion, vegetables, garlic, stock, and paprika into a large pan. Bring to a boil and boil rapidly for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until the lentils and vegetables are tender.
2. Let the soup cool... - 33.2571
Lentil Soup With Dill
1. In a heavy bottom saucepan, heat the oil and saute onions and garlic till onions are translucent
2. Add carrots, lentils and stock and allow to boil; add seasonings, turn the heat down and simmer for forty minutes with the lid on
3. Serve... - 37.5074
Rinse and drain lentils.
In a large saucepan combine lentils, chicken broth, undrained tomatoes, potato, carrot, celery, onion, parsley, basil, garlic, and pepper.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 45 to 50 minutes or till lentils and... - 30.041
Lentil Tomato Sauce
1. In a saucepan, add all the ingredients and allow to simmer till lentils are tender, say for twenty minutes
2. Add them all to a blender and process on medium speed till smooth; add back to the saucepan and heat through
3. Serve hot - 33.8267
Mediterranean Lentil Salad
Rinse the lentils.
In a medium saucepan, bring the lentils, water, bay leaves, thyme, and garlic to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally.
While the lentils simmer, cover the sun-dried tomatoes with... - 46.946
I love lentils and especially this Lentil Soup has been a favorite of generations here. The use of beef or lamb broth for the soup is a sure bet, and I serve the Lentil Soup a lil spicier, coz that's the way the soup is best enjoyed. Give it a try and just... - 34.4071
Bring 3 cups water to a boil in heavy kettle.
Add lentils; cover.
Reduce heat to medium; cook for 45 minutes or until lentils are tender.
Melt butter in small saucepan; saute onion in butter.
Blend in flour; cook, stirring, until browned.
Stir in 1/2 cup... - 30.838
Lentil Curry With Rice
1) Clean and wash lentils. Soak overnight in milk in refrigerator and keep aside.
2) In a skillet heat shortening, brown onion.
3) Stir in water, curry powder, lentils, and milk over simmering heat for 1 hour till tender.
4) Add water... - 38.5305
Heat water and lentils to boiling in 2-quart saucepan.
Stir in salt and turmeric.
Cover and simmer until lentils are tender, about 45 minutes.
Cook and stir onion, garlic, cumin and cardamom in Ghee until onion is tender; stir into lentils.
Cook uncovered... - 34.6472
Wash and sort lentils.
In 3 or 4-quart casserole, combine lentils and 3 cups water.
Cook, covered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in remaining ingredients and Cook, covered, 15 minutes or until lentils are just about tender, stirring occasionally - 28.3944
Lentils With Sausage
1) Clean and wash lentils. Soak overnight in water and garlic.
2) Cook lentils in a skillet and bring to boil. Keep on flame for 2 minutes.
3) Take off heat and keep aside for 1 hour.
4) Mix sausage meat and bread crumbs. Make into... - 38.1415