- » Dried Kelp
Dried Kelp Recipes
Enjoy our collection of dried kelp recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for dried kelp recipes.
1. Combine the bonito, kelp and water. Simmer together gently twenty minutes. Strain and season to taste with salt, monosodium glutamate and soy sauce. - 23.4556
Pasta Primavera With Kelp Noodles
Here is an impressive video for an awesome Italian pasta primavera using kelp noodles. This video would surely make way for you to prepare an effortless low calorie pasta. Watch this wonderful video to make your own healthy pasta and enjoy! - 106.897
1) Cut the eggplant into dices.
2) Set the oven ready at 350°F (175°C).
3) Take a medium sized saucepan and boil water in it.
4) Cover and simmer the diced eggplant in the boiling water.
5) Drain the cooked eggplant in a colander.
6)... - 43.5398
In large saucepan bring water to boiling.
Meanwhile, wash dried kelp under cold water.
Add to the water in saucepan as it comes to a boil.
Stir and let boil gently for 3 minutes.
Remove kelp from the water and discard.
Stir in dried flaked bonito; simmer for... - 28.7452
Dashi Basic Stock
Bring kelp and water to boil in large saucepan over high heat.
Immediately remove from heat and sprinkle with dried bonito flakes.
Let flakes settle to bottom of saucepan (stir if they do not readily settle).
Line colander with linen napkin, towel or... - 26.0469
Korean - Style Oyster Porridge
1. Soak the short grain rice in water,
2. Soak the dried kelp in 5 cups cold water for 30 minutes.
3. Chop the oyster mushrooms; chop the green onions and carrots.
4. Clean and rinse the fresh oyster, set aside.
5. Remove the kelp and reserve... - 127.273
Dashi is a basic stock used in Japanese cooking which is made by boiling dried kelp (seaweed) and dried bonito (fish). - 31.6993
1) Combine bonito, kelp, and water and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
2) Strain the soup, season with salt, soy sauce, and monosodium glutamate.
3) In each soup bowl, arrange small slices of canned fish cake, a slice of fresh mushroom, boiled... - 31.9345
Want to pack a Korean dish for office? Maangchi has a very delicious recipe using beef, called Jangjorim cooked with beef and mildly spicy Korean chilies. The cooking process is also very interesting with whole eggs half boiled in chilli stock. They are then... - 103.654
Wash the rice gently under running water, taking care not to crush the grains, until the water runs clear.
Leave the rice to drain in a colander for about 1 hour.
Put in a saucepan with the water and kelp and bring to the boil over high heat.
Reduce to medium... - 38.654
Black Gomoku Rice Balls
This recipe once became an actual onigiri product and sold at convenience stores nationwide in Japan. The rice is cooked with 5 black-colored ingredients: black pork (local specialty in Kagoshima prefecture), sliced kelp, black rice, black sesame seeds, and... - 98.0298
Clear Clam Soup With Mushrooms
Prepare ahead: In a small pan, combine 1 cup cold water, 1/2 tsp salt, watercress or spinach.
Bring to a boil over high heat for 1 minute, drain and set aside.
To Cook: In a 2 quart pan, combine 6 cups water, Kombu and clams.
Bring to a boil and remove... - 39.7749
Salmon Belly Tempura
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE, combine the water and kombu in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and simmer for 1 minute.
Add the bonito flakes and simmer 1 minute longer.
Stir in the soy sauce and mirin and simmer for 1 more minute.
Strain the sauce into a bowl and... - 44.8875
Rinse rice in a large bowl of cool water, removing any foreign material.
Pour off milky water.
Continue rinsing until water runs clear.
Drain in a fine strainer.
In a large saucepan or rice cooker, combine rice, water and kelp, if desired; soak 30... - 42.2826
Korean bean Sprout Soup
This light and refreshing soup is one of the most frequently eaten soups in Korean homes. Bean sprouts soup, which is both cheap and easy to make, is full of flavor and vitamin C, and is low in calories. If you have a hangover make yourself a bowl of this... - 107.979
Korean Yellow Croaker Fish Stew
Lovers of fish and spicy stews will enjoy this Korean yellow croaker stew. This fish stew is one way to have warmth, autumnal flavor and the soulful reassurance of a full-bodied broth without working yourself senseless in the kitchen! Though there are ways to... - 110.375
Japanese Meat Hot Pot
Arrange the beef slices on a plate.
Cut the cabbage into 4 cm (1 1/2 in) squares.
Cut out the hard part of the stalk and slice into threads.
Arrange the cabbage and all other ingredients on a platter.
To prepare the accompaniments, put the sesame sauce into 4... - 42.4017
Doenjang Jjigae, Soy Bean Paste Stew, 된장찌개
Doenjang Jjigae is a staple in Korean traditional meals. It's extremely nutritious and it goes well with many dishes such as Bulgogi, Galbi, grilled fish etc. You've got to try this! - 0
Want to try your hands on making your own noodles? Maangchi has Korean sujebi which requires making noodles from scratch and these are torn with hands. These hand torn noodles are cooked in a garlicky broth flavored with kelp leaves. As always, Maangchi is... - 130.245
Korean Steamed Eggs
Watch this quick recipe if you like eggs in your meal. Korean steamed egg dish is a nice twist to the regular omelets or hard boiled eggs. This dish can be enjoyed at any time of the day. Here is video with recipe. - 126.285
Korean Food: Young Radish Kimchi (열무김치)
1. On a chopping board, chop the well rinsed radish into 1½-inch lengths. Spread them around in a large mixing bowl, evenly, sprinkle some coarse sea salt on top. Repeat this process until all the radish leaves are used up. Set it aside for... - 121.046
Macedoine Of Vegetables
Place cooked vegetables in large mixing bowl.
Combine wine vinegar, kelp powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Blend together and pour over cooked vegetables; toss gently.
Sprinkle one tablespoon of lemon juice over top and stir in enough... - 41.8842
Korean Food: Army Base Soup (부대찌개)
What does a poor, hungry Korean do with a pack of hotdogs, spam, baked beans and cheese? Add hot pepper sauce and make a delicious comforting soup! This stew called Budae jjigae which comes from the Korean War times when American Soldiers gave food to the... - 129.355
1. Bring stock and kombu to a boil in a soup pot. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Strain; stir in soy sauce.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix about 1/4 cup of the warm stock into the miso paste with a wire whisk until the miso is dissolved. Pour this... - 27.5919
Wash sweetbreads under cold, running water.
Remove as much of the connective tissue as possible.
Place in saucepan with tight fitting lid.
Add 4 tablespoons water and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
Steam over low heat for 15 minutes.
Remove any... - 43.7876
Korean Spinach And Clam Soup
Try this healthy Spinach and Clam Soup made in the Korean style. This soup has good health of spinach and little or no fat. Also, it can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. Watch the video for the recipe and directions. - 122.087
Korean Food: Tteokbokki (떡볶이)
This classic Korean street food snack barely needs any introduction. Ask a Korean what is the most popular and favorite food to be found in almost any corner of the city at almost any hour sold in Pojangmacha or “covered wagons”. “Tteokbokki,” will be... - 100.422
Sempio Banquet Noodle Soup (잔치 국수)
1. In a bowl, add the ground beef and season it with sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic and sugar. Mix until well combined and cover the bowl with a cling wrap and refrigerate it until the other ingredients are ready.
2. on a chopping board, slice... - 120.008
Shrimp With Yogurt
1. Melt the butter in a skillet and saute the onion until transparent. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp turn pink.
2. Add the parsley, caraway seeds, garlic, wine, and kelp. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the... - 28.6479
1. Put the cashews, kelp, paprika, garlic, and water in the container of an electric blender or food processor. Blend or process until smooth.
2. While still blending, gradually add the oil until the mixture is thick. Mix in the lemon juice, chervil, and... - 29.7844
Fresh Mushroom Salad
Rinse mushrooms quickly, but thoroughly in cold water.
Remove the stems and reserve for another use.
Slice large mushroom caps crosswise about one fourth inch thick, small ones may be halved.
Place sliced mushrooms in a mixing bowl.
Add olive oil wine... - 41.3304
Korean Food: Kimchi Porridge (김치죽)
1)Cook the rice in a rice cooker, open pan with boiling water or as you normally would cook rice and set aside.
2)Cut the kimchi into ¼-inch pieces and set aside.
3)In a sauce pan add pieces of kelp and dried anchovy pack in water.... - 0
Korean Food: Korean Style Haddock Soup (동태국)
If you are looking for a light and refreshing Korean soup that is not spicy, then try this traditional Haddock soup. Aeri shows us how to make her favorite soup that she learned to make from her mom. While this soup is usually made with fresh haddock in... - 111.643
Lamb On Brown Rice
1) In a heavy and hot Dutch oven, add all the ingredients.
2) When celery is cooked, add rice polishings and add 1 teaspoon soy sauce to thicken the mixture.
3) Serve hot over brown rice.
4) Sprinkle parsley on top. - 37.8509
Japanese Style Soba Noodles - Part 1: Preparation
Why order a takeout when you can make a quick soba noodles at home, a la the Japanese way. Usually packed with shrimps, peas and veggies, this lip-smacking treat packs in the authentic Oriental flavors, but just the fraction of fat that you would find in... - 84.3694
Japanese Style Soba Noodles - Part 2: Preparation Cont.
Soba noodles, made from buckwheat flour, leaves a nutty flavor in the mouth and makes for a filling treat. Stir-fried with vegetables, this lip-smacking treat tastes awesome, when eaten in a slurp. Follow this video to learn how to whomp up this dish. - 83.7743
This is an orange twist to a traditional Japanese Ponzu Sauce. This sauce works great with most white fish sashimi and also adds a refreshing twist to tempura items. - 29.0592
Clear Soup With Tofu And Watercress
Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a saucepan and add the seaweed.
Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring well.
Add the bonito shavings, and remove from heat.
When the pieces have settled to the bottom of the pan, strain the stock.
Return it to the pan.
Add the soy... - 35.312
Fond of Japanese food? Learn an amazing noodle dish with roasted pork ribs in this video. This irresistible dish has 7 distinctive toppings with a special ramen soup. Watch the chef prepare this dish in the original Japanese style now. - 142.157
Stews always top the list of your favorites? Here's an amazing video that shows a great Japanese assorted stew recipe called Oden. This dish is an absolute bliss in winters. Don't deprive yourself of the authentic Oriental taste. Watch the video now. - 146.399
Kimchi / Kimchee - Korean Food
1. Discard the outer tougher leaves of the Napa cabbage.
2. Make a small 2 inch long incision in the bottom of the Napa cabbage. Slit it in half along the incision.
3. In a large bowl, add ¼ cup of Korean kosher salt and add 3 cups of... - 100.421
This is a Japanese noodle dish. The Chef shows how to prepare this dish so patiently and nicely. Those who are fond of Japanese food will enjoy making this dish. - 107.419
Mexican Bean Dip
This Mexican Bean Dip is really classy ! I tried this with pasta and meat dishes and my joy knew no bounds when my taste buds experienced the cheesy chili flavors. Just try this Mexican Bean Dip and let me know if you like it ! - 40.8821
Baked, Stuffed Fish
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Wash fish and pat dry with paper towels.
Saute the onions and dill in oil until just tender, not brown.
Combine with rice and mix thoroughly.
Season to taste.
Put 1/2 cup of stuffing in each fish cavity; place in oiled, shallow baking... - 35.1361
Korean Food: Tofu Soybeanpaste Soup (두부 된장찌개)
On a cold and rainy night, when you are craving for something to warm your toes and fill your tummy, try this comforting, cure-all soup. It is spicy and fresh, and easy to make. You can make this into a meatless soup by using just tofu and substituting... - 110.402
Fish In Tomato Sauce
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the onion and garlic until transparent and tender but not browned.
2. Add the tomatoes, parsley, salt, chili pepper, and oregano. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Cut the fish into 2-inch squares and add to... - 26.4387
Herbed Cheese Ball
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the ricotta.
2. Use a wire whisk or a wooden spoon to beat the cheese until smooth and creamy.
3. Add remaining ingredients except the parsley and mix thoroughly into the ricotta.
4. Place the bowl in the refrigerator... - 41.2148
Simmered Soybeans And Vegetables
1. Wash and sort beans. Soak overnight in 5 cups water.
2. Soak mushrooms in warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with drop-lid, flat pan lid, or saucer.
3. Transfer beans and soaking water to a pressure cooker, bring to... - 32.1246
You don’t have to be in Korea to enjoy a bowl of TteokBokKi, Korea’s favorite street food snack. All you need to do is visit a Korean food store and watch this video. This sweet and spicy stir fried dish composed of sliced rice cakes, fish cakes, various... - 109.821
Using a large, heavy skillet, saute onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil for 5 minutes.
Add zucchini squash, eggplant and green pepper to skillet, adding more oil as needed.
Stir gently, but thoroughly.
Saute mixture for 10 minutes.
Stir in the fresh... - 37.3852
1) Soak the rice in water for 1-2 hrs, drain well, reserve the water, and prepare the steamed rice as usual, to serve with the daikon later.
2) In a saucepan, alllow the reserved water to boil alongwith the daikon until tender.
3)... - 38.7493
Tofu Spinach Souffle
Remove the stalks from the spinach, wash well and chop the leaves very finely with a sharp knife or in a food processor.
Heat the oil in a pan and cook the spinach for 5 minutes with the thyme and oregano.
Drain off excess liquid by pressing between two... - 45.0582
Using a large saucepan, saute onion, celery and carrot in butter for a few minutes.
Cube or grate potatoes and add to sauteed vegetables.
Stir in Bouillon and bring to a boil.
Simmer until vegetables are almost done.
Reconstitute milk with water and add to... - 44.7056
Oriental Futomaki Sushi & California Roll
Looking for a n authentic Sushi recipe that you can try at home? This Japanese delicacy consists of two kinds of sushi rolls. The Futomaki Sushi rolls have the traditional Japanese flavor and California Rolls have more of a fusion taste. Together they make a... - 147.789
This Lamb Stew tastes yummy ! Try this meat and vegetable gravy with rice or pasta dishes. Your suggestions for this Lamb Stew are welcome ! - 42.4044
Need appetizer ideas for the Japanese new year party?? There is no better way to kick start the Japanese new year than to treat your family to this traditional Ozoni soup. Here's a great video that shows a clear, step wise guide on how to prepare this... - 144.505
Soy Stuffed Peppers
These Soy Stuffed Peppers are truly amazing ! Try out these spicy vegetable and soybean stuffed peppers for your next meal and let me know if you like it ! - 46.8189
Japanese shabu Shabu
1. Prepare a total of 8 1/2 cups bonito stock.
2. Blanch 4 whole cabbage leaves in boiling water until soft, then cool in cold water. Drain. Pare down thick veins so cabbage can be rolled. Blanch spinach in same manner as cabbage. Squeeze out... - 42.5652
How To Make Shabu Shabu / Korean Style Beef & Mushroom Hot Pot
Why not make your dinner a little more fun? Shabu Shabu is a great food to make the dinner more interactive.
It's also very nutritious. You can enjoy meat, lots of vegetables, noodles and rice in one go. No need to fight for what to put in the dish as... - 0
Herbed Ricotta And Parmesan Ball
Combine the ricotta with the basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese and kelp powder.
Form into a ball and roll in minced parsley.
Delicious with Sesame Crackers. - 28.4387
Baked Soyabeans With Green Pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Saute green pepper and onions in oil until tender.
Combine soybeans, cooking water, sauteed vegetables, catsup, salt, kelp powder, honey and molasses in casserole and bake in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. - 32.5853
Cod In A Pot
1. Prepare kelp stock 1 to 3 hours in advance, using 2 quarts (2 liters) water.
2. Cut cod fillets diagonally into slices 1 inch (2 1/2 cm) wide. Soak in cold water while preparing vegetables. Drain and sprinkle cod with sake before arranging on a separate... - 36.7611
Sukiyaki With Shiitake
1. Soak mushrooms in warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with drop-lid, flat pan lid, or saucer. Drain. Discard stem and notch a decorative cross design on caps.
2. Lightly wipe both sides of kelp with a damp... - 44.0067
Tomato Bulgur Salad
Place the bulgur in a bowl and pour enough cold water over bulgur to cover completely.
Allow it to soak for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Drain bulgur in a sieve or colander lined with a double thickness of dampened cheesecloth.
Wrap the bulgur in the cheesecloth... - 43.4101
Brown Rice Bread
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. In a bowl, mix togethetr whole wheat flourr, brown rice and soy flakes
3. Dissolve yeast in quarter cup of lukewarm water with honey; when foamy, add to the flour mixture along with two cups of the... - 45.2856
Korean Food: Sujebi Dumpling Soup
"Sujebi", a rustic "poor mans" dish. Tender hand torn dumplings swimming in a comforting broth with lots of fresh veggies. - 113.688
Sunflower Seed And Almond Scramble
How about an eggless breakfast scramble? Take a look at this outstanding video that demonstrates an incredible recipe for scramble made with sunflower seed and almonds. This video is a must watch and don't forget to prepare this delicious and healthy... - 107.376
Do It Yourself Sushi
To make sushi rice
1. Wash rice as you would plain rice. Drain, cover with cheesecloth, and let stand in a colander for 1 hour. (Soak dry rice that has been on the shelf a while for 30 minutes and drain for 30 minutes, if desired.) While rice is draining,... - 42.6948
Riverbank Oyster Pot
1. Lightly wipe both sides of kelp with a damp cloth and make 1/2-inch (1 1/2-cm) cuts with scissors at 1-inch (2 1/2-cm) intervals. Place in a pan containing 5 cups cold water and set aside for 1 hour (for stronger stock, 3 hours). Bring stock to a boil,... - 40.2484
Rich Minestrone Soup
1) In a large bowl soak beans overnight and cook until just tender.
2) In a large skillet or saucepan add oil. Add zucchini, carrots, potatoes, and celery.
3) SautÃ© for 2 to 3 minutes and keep aside.
4) In the same saucepan or skillet, steam-stir... - 45.2026
Easy German Pumpernickel Bread
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, molasses, lemon rind, caraway seeds, kelp, tamari and carob powder; also dissolve yeast in the potato stock
2. Add scalded milk into the mixture and , when luke warm, add yeast solution, gluten flour and a cup... - 46.1384
Korean Soybean Sprout Soup
Soybean sprouts are healthy and delicious, so why not try making a soup that is as delicious and healthy as the sprouts itself. Maangchi is showing two versions of this soup, so it’s up to you to choose either the spicy or the not so spicy one. It’s a no... - 110.705
Chilled Somen Noodles
1. Soak mushrooms in 3 1/2 cups warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with drop-lid, flat pan lid, or saucer. Reserve liquid.
2. Sprinkle chicken fillet with sake and salt. Preheat skillet over medium heat, add... - 43.8541
Healthy Rye Pumpernickel Bread
1)Dissolve active dry yeast in lukewarm potato stock.
2)In a large mixing bowl, mix oil, lemon rind, molasses, caraway seeds, tamari, kelp and carob powder.
3)Heat milk and add to mixing bowl ingredients and mix well.
4)Add gluten flour, 1 cup of whole... - 46.713
Oven Split Pea Soup
1) Preheat oven hot to 350°F. (175°C.)
2) In a two-quart (2 I) casserole dish put ingredients in the order given.
3) Mix and cover.
4) Bake in oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
5) Stir once after 1 hour during baking.
6) Take out of oven, add... - 46.8446
Today, we will be making chicken Nanban,the sweet sour flavor will bring out a refreshing flavor in the chicken. Its a delicious dish make with crispy golden brown deep fried chicken dipped in Nanban sauce. To enjoy crispy chicken, try to eat them soon after... - 115.033
Happy Girls Day★hinamatsuri Kimono Sushi Dolls
1. Peel and slice lotus root, shitake mushroom, carrot and snow peas.
2. In a bowl, combine water and vinegar. Dip lotus root in it.
3. In a pot, heat water and plum kelp tea. Add soya sauce, sake, sugar and mirin.
4. Now, Add mushrooms,... - 0
Carob Honey Cake
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°.
2) In a large bowl sieve dry ingredients.
3) Mix oil, honey, egg yolks, vanilla and water.
4) In a small bowl beat egg whites until stiff. Keep aside.
5) In an electric mixer beat first mixture for 4... - 45.9813
1) In a large bowl, add water and soak 2 cups of soybeans for overnight or for a minimum of 10 hours.
2) Dice the celery, green peppers and carrots in fine slices. Finely chop parsley.
3) In a saucepan, cook the soaked soybeans for at... - 45.8784
Crunchy Cheese Crackers
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F
2. Grease a cookie sheet with oil or butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour and salt.
4. Stir in the oats, brand remaining from sifting, poppy and cheese.
5. Add the softened butter and... - 43.3836
1. Wash and clean the prawns and then devein them
2. Wash and clean the squid rings and pat dry
3. Slice the spring onions in to large pieces and then chop the Chinese cabbage into 4 cm/1.5 inch pieces. Wash and set aside to drain
4.... - 46.8243
Godeungoh Jorim - Korean Mackerel Stew
In this episode, Cathlyn introduces an easy to make, delicious Mackerel Stew - Godeungoh Jorim - an old time favorite for most Koreans! If you like fish stews, this recipe is one you have to try out! - 109.239
Root Vegetable Pie With Lemon And Ginger Sauce
Healthy food is in fashion now and what is more interesting is that dishes like this root vegetable pie with lemon and ginger sauce are so delicious that even normal people will love to trying it. After all everybody is eligible for eating healthy food. Take... - 125.595
Thin Roll Sushi
1. Prepare SUSHI RICE.
2. Gourd ribbons: Cut into 7-inch (18-cm) lengths. Rinse gourd ribbons and scrub with salt. Rinse. Soak in cold water until soft (about 30 minutes). Combine with soy sauce, sugar, mirin, and 2 cups water, and simmer with a drop-lid... - 37.9191
Stove Top Pineapple Broccoli Mini Pizzas - Vegan
Is pizza vegan? Well, not usually, but this one is! Homemade stovetop pizza crust, homemade tomato sauce with chickpeas, black olives, baby spinach, garlic, ginger and a slightly spicy Thai peanut sauce with broccoli florets. No vegan cheese in this pizza, so... - 92.6231
All Time Favorite Vegetable Tofu Nimono
This video is a must watch for all the veggie lovers. Watch the chef prepare this authentic Vegetable Tofu Nimono absolutely effortlessly. The dish is high on fibre and is totally delicious. This recipe makes for a great main dish on no meat days. Watch the... - 144.854
Sushi In A Purse
1. Prepare SUSHI RICE.
2. Mushrooms and gourd ribbons: Wash mushrooms. Soak in 1 1/2 cups warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with drop-lid, flat pan lid, or saucer. Reserve liquid. Rinse gourd ribbons and scrub with salt.... - 38.7935
Mixed Sushi Bowl
1. Prepare SUSHI RICE.
2. For specific amounts used in preparing all items (except nori seaweed) in this step. Mushrooms and gourd ribbons: Wash and soak mushrooms in 2 1/2 cups warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with... - 43.0343