- » Dressed Leek
Dressed Leek Recipes
Enjoy our collection of dressed leek recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for dressed leek recipes.
Brussels Sprout, Leek & Mushroom Dressing
This simple yet delicious dressing is made from brussels sprouts, leeks and mushrooms and some crispy seasoned bread cubes. When these are combined you have a delicious accompaniment for roast turkey. - 119.634
Tomato And Leek Salad
1) Get the prepared honey and lime dressing.
2) In a shallow serving dish, arrange the tomato and leek slices into layers. ... - 36.3073
Trim about half the green part from the leeks. Cut the remainder of the leeks into 3 mm (1/8 inch) slices and wash thoroughly. Drain, then blanch in boiling salted water for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and cool quickly in cold water. Drain well.
In a screwtop jar,... - 24.2398
Poached Leeks With Valencia Dressing
In a 5- to 6-quart pan bring about 3 quarts water to boiling.
Meanwhile, trim roots and tough dark green tops from leeks.
Cut leeks in half lengthwise.
Wash leeks thoroughly, gently rinsing between layers.
If leeks tend to separate, tie each half at its... - 36.7879
Butterflied Turkey With Leek Dressing
In a wide frying pan, melt butter over low heat.
Add pine nuts and stir until golden
Lift out nuts with a slotted spoon; set aside.
Add onions to pan.
Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until soft.
Remove from heat and set aside.
Trim ends and... - 41.1732
Leek Pissaladiere With Goats Cheese And Herb Dressing
1. Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Lightly grease and dampen a baking sheet. Roll out pastry to a 25 x 18cm rectangle and trim the edges. Transfer to the baking sheet. Brush with the beaten egg, then flute the edges with the back of a knife.
2. Melt the... - 36.6973
Sauce For Leeks
1) Wash and cut the leeks in half lengthwise.
2) In a dry, empty jar, add all the sauce ingredients. Thoroughly shake all ingredients to combine well.
3) In a serving plate, place the leeks and pour sauce all over it.
4) Garnish with... - 43.9502
Cut off root ends of leeks and trim tops so leeks are about 7 inches long.
Split in half lengthwise to within 3/4 inch of bulb end.
Strip away outer layers of leaves to reach nonfibrous leaves inside.
Hold under running water, separating leaves to wash.
In a... - 39.2336
Easy Leek Salad
Trim leeks leaving about 1 inch of green on each leek.
Slice leeks lengthwise leaving the bottoms attached.
Wash leeks well and remove all sand.
Tie leeks to keep them from separating during cooking.
Cover with boiling salted water and cook for about 12... - 31.0188
Wash, trim and steam the leeks until tender.
Then slice them in half lengthways and arrange in a serving dish.
Mix the mustard and garlic with the lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil and season to taste.
Chop the olives and stir them into the dressing.
Pour... - 29.7778
Leeks In Consomme
Cut off the roots and green tops to within 1 inch of the white part.
Peel off the outer film.
Hold the green part open under cold running water to wash away any grit.
Bring consommd and small piece of bay leaf to a boil and add the leeks.
Cover, bring again... - 26.6865
Leek And Tomato Vinaigrette
1. Thoroughly wash the leeks and trim off the extra green and the roots.
2. Cut the leeks into 5-cm/2-inch slices and wash again to remove any possible trace of grit between the leaves.
3. Place about 2.5 cm/1 inch of water in a pan.
4. Add the leeks, bring... - 35.5435
Using young, thin leeks, blanch for 6 minutes in boiled salted water â€” lift out and drain.
Chill well, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and dress with either French dressing or a cream dressing. - 11.9608
Pressed Leek Terrine
Trim root ends and tops from leeks, leaving only about 1 inch of dark green leaves; save 10 tender green inner leaves from leek tops.
Cut leeks in half lengthwise; rinse under running water, gently separating layers to remove any dirt.
Rinse reserved inner... - 33.3271
Warm Leek And Tomato Salad
1. Trim the leeks so that they are all the same length. Place in a steamer over a pan of boiling water and steam for 8 minutes or until just tender.
2. Drain the leeks thoroughly and arrange in a shallow serving dish.
3. Make a cross in the top of the... - 42.2101
Leek And Mushroom Salad
1. Trim the outer leaves and ends from the leeks.
2. Wash leeks well in cold water.
3. Cut into 5-cm/2-inch diagonal pieces.
4. Cook in a little boiling salted water for 5 minutes until just tender but still a little crisp. Drain well.
5. Wash and slice the... - 34.1617
Cold Leeks With Tarragon Vinegar
1. In small bowl or tightly covered jar, combine oil, vinegar, chives, 1 teaspoon salt, the sugar, pepper, and mustard. Stir or shake until well blended. Refrigerate until needed.
2. Trim leeks cut off root ends and green stems. Cut each in half... - 38.0322
Leek And Tomato Salad
Tear lettuce leaves into bite size pieces and place in a salad bowl, add tomato wedges and sliced leeks.
Combine dressing and mustard and mix well, then pour over the salad and toss well.
Sprinkle salad with parsley and basil. - 33.6224
Try this version of amazingly delicious Leeks Vinaigrette recipe. An effortlessly prepared side dish recipe; the Leeks Vinaigrette is a dish that you would surely love to talk about with us! - 26.5993
Wash leeks carefully (3 to 4 per person depending on size) and trim to equal lengths using white portion only.
Using enough boiling water to cover, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
Drain and place on kitchen paper or a... - 40.5884
Chilled Leeks & Shrimp
Cut leeks in half lengthwise.
Trim off dark green tops, leaving 6 to 7 inches of white stem.
Rinse leeks well and place in a large frying pan with enough water to cover.
Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or just until tender when... - 40.4205
Trim and discard root ends and tough green tops of leeks; remove all coarse outer leaves.
Cut leeks in half lengthwise, then hold each half under cold running water, separating layers to rinse out dirt.
Drain well and cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick... - 43.2241
Leek And Mushroom Salad
1) Boil a saucepan of salted water and add the leeks. Simmer gently for about 5 minutes, till just soft.
2) In the meantime, prepare the dressing. Into a crew-top jar, pour the vinegar and oil and add seasoning to taste.
3) Drain the leeks and leave... - 41.9894
Slice the leeks very finely and arrange in a salad bowl.
Put the dressing ingredients in a screw-topped jar and shake well.
Pour over the leeks, add the capers and toss well.
Chill for 1 hour before serving. - 36.8092
Leek And Bacon Salad
1) Cut bacon in small strips.
2) Take a glass dish and put bacon and leeks.
3) Cover and cook on power for 10 minutes, stir twice while cooking.
4) Make a vinaigrette dressing by mixing all the remaining ingredients.
5) Pour... - 41.2287
Leeks With Tarragon Vinaigrette
1. Using a knife, cut each leek lengthwise up to 1 inch of bulb end (thus keeping bulb portion intact). Keep aside.
2. In a heavy bottomed skillet, place water for boiling.
3. Add bouillon granules and pepper. Mix well and bring to a... - 44.9556
Chicory And Leek Salad
1. Remove the outside leaves of the chicory if necessary. Wash and cut into pieces and place in a bowl.
2. Trim off the green foliage from the leeks and discard or use for soup.
3. Wash the leeks thoroughly to remove all grit, especially in the layers.
4. Cut... - 43.3965
Grilled Leeks With Herhed Vinaigrette
Tie the leeks in 4 bundles with kitchen string, in a kettle of boiling salted water boil them for 6 minutes, or until they are just tender, and drain them in a colander.
Refresh the leeks under cold water and discard the strings.
Cut the leeks apart at the... - 40.2052
Leek And Ham Salad
Hard-cook the egg for 10 minutes; cool, shell and chop finely.
Nick the skin of the tomato, plunge into boiling water for 30-45 seconds, then peel off the skin and cut the tomato into strips.
Wash, dry and shred the lettuce leaves.
Slice the cooked... - 42.2869
Mix all the ingredients until well blended .
Use for green salads, tomatoes, cold leeks, asparagus, globe artichokes and avocados - 21.207
Three Bean Salad
Do you enjoy eating beans? Did you know that beans have a great deal of nutritional value? Here is a video showing you how to make a great bean salad. This salad comes highly recommended due to its health benefits. The recipe calls for 3 different varieties... - 118.947
To make the bland cornbread come back to life, you can make this easy southern dressing containing mushrooms, leeks and broth. The best thing is that this delicious dressing is low calorie and very popular in America. For food lovers, this unusual dressing... - 110.162
Summer Vegetable Kebab With Passion Fruit Dressing
Thread the pieces of leek, the potatoes, the courgette, the mushrooms and the tomatoes on to six skewers.
Put the oil and lemon juice in a bowl.
Halve the passion fruit and scoop the seeds and pulp into the bowl.
Add the honey and seasoning and whisk... - 39.9693
Warm Summer Vegetable Salad With Brown Butter Dressing
1. Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the leeks, cover and simmer over low heat until tender, about 10 minutes (3 minutes for baby leeks). Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked leeks to a paper towel-lined plate to... - 34.4664
These ingredients should be beaten together until smooth and it is worth noting that, when it is difficult to get honey or evaporated milk, sugar can be used and also fresh milk. - 21.2007
Vegetable Spaghetti With Lemon Dressing
1. Peel the celeriac and carrots, cut into thin matchsticks and place in a bowl. Slice the leeks, rinse to flush out any trapped dirt, then shred finely. Halve, deseed and slice the (bell) peppers. Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Add these vegetables to the... - 39.9579
Avocado Salad Plate
1) On each salad plate, arrange layers with lettuce leaves, tomatoes, avocados, leek and red pepper with watercress surrounding them.
2) In a bottle, mix together lemon juice, rind, oil, salad cream or mayonnaise, sugar and salt by shaking well.
3)... - 42.7914
Place salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Combine ingredients for dressing.
Just before serving, pour over the greens and toss. - 39.6172
1) In a bowl, mix together peanuts and leeks.
2) Line the serving plate with lettuce.
3) Spoon the peanut mixture on the lettuce leaves.
4) Drizzle the salad with the dressing and serve immediately. - 33.0945
Wash-spinach welland .tearinto bite-size pieces, chill.
Gut eggs in-cubes arid add to spinach with sliced onions.
Season and serverwith French dressing - 22.7004
Japanese Style Salad
1. Prepare chicken breasts as directed in Chilled Somen Noodles. Drain crab meat. Remove any shell or cartilage.
2. Soak wakame seaweed for 10 minutes in water. Do not soak too long. Rinse. Pour boiling water over wakame, then drain and squeeze out excess... - 37.4923
Sweetbreads En Brochette
Cut into 24 (1-inch) pieces.
Refrigerate until needed.
Mix cream, 2 tablespoons of the egg and the butter into the ground veal, then stir in flour, onion and seasonings.
Add a pinch of nutmeg and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce if... - 41.2461
Assorted Hors D'oeuvres Ideas
These must be served in small portions and should be freshly made and well flavoured..
Arrange on large platters or serve on individual small plates and garnish attractively for eye appeal.
Suggestions for hors-d'oeuvre combina- tions:- Cooked diced ... - 30.5895
Dried Tomato-potato Salad
Dried Tomato-Potato Salad is one of the easiest salad recipes I have ever tried. Dried Tomato-Potato Salad was even better the second time I tried. You will thank me for posting! - 30.8488
Quail Egg Salad
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add quails' eggs and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool. Shell eggs and reserve.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook garlic and leeks for 3 minutes or until tender. Arrange... - 39.0568
1.In a bowl, mix the ingredients in the order given
2.Serve with artichokes, asparagus, and leek
Served as a cold sauce, mostly used as a salad dressing - 40.1451
Chicken Rice Salad
Place chicken in enough salted water to cover.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cover.
Simmer for 1 hour or until tender.
Remove chicken; set aside broth.
Discard skin and bones.
Heat broth to boiling and cook leek for 5 minutes; drain.
Combine... - 47.185
Bean And Cauliflower Salad
1 In a bowl, soak the kidney beans in cold water overnight.
2 Thoroughly drain.
3 In a pan put the beans along with fresh water and simmer, covered, for 1/2-2 hours or until tender.
4 Meanwhile, trim the cauliflower and break... - 42.8517
Stuffed Whole Flounder In A Blanket
1. Fill large bowl with boiling water; immerse sorrel leaves just to make them supple.
2. Sprinkle fish cavity evenly with garlic powder. Combine leeks and radishes; stuff into fish. Tie fish with kitchen string to enclose filling.
3. Drain sorrel leaves and... - 34.3832
Radicchio And Pear Salad
Arrange radicchio in a salad bowl.
Top with pear slices and cheese sticks.
Cut leek into thin strips and pile them in the centre.
Whisk oil and vinegar together in a small bowl, pour the dressing over salad and serve, garnished with dill, if liked. - 24.8273
Radicchio And Pear Salad
1. Arrange radicchio leaves, leek strips, pear slices and cheese slices attractively in a large salad bowl or on a large platter.
2. To make dressing, place oil, vinegar and black pepper to taste in a screwtop jar and shake well to combine. Drizzle dressing... - 32.6044
Herring In Cream Sauce
Drain herring, reserving I tablespoon of the marinade.
Combine mayonnaise or salad dressing, whipping cream, sugar, lemon pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and the reserved marinade.
Reserve some of the dillweed for garnish.
Arrange half the onion, half the... - 40.0547
1) In a pan of boiling salted water, put rice and cook for 10 minutes.
2) Wash the leek, trim it and cut into fine thin slices.
3) Make thin trips of cooked chicken.
4) Peel the onion and finely slice it.
5) In the rice pan add leek and... - 47.7562
Sautéed Portobello Mushroom Salad With Warmed Field Greens
1) Preheat oven hot to 400°F.
2) In a large bowl add all the ingredients and whisk together for the dressing.
3) Place the mushrooms in a shallow roasting pan.
4) Sprinkle half the dressing over them and roast in oven for 10 minutes.
5)... - 49.8926
Fried Mixed Vegetables ( Chinese )
Heat oil and fry vegetables quickly for 5 minutes.
Add salt and vinegar and continue frying for a further 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and cool.
Serve as a salad, dressed with a little sesame oil. - 26.5423
Cock A Leekie
Put the fowl in a large pan and add the water.
Bring slowly to the boil, skim and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
Tie the herbs and add, with the salt and pepper, onions and white part of the leeks.
Simmer for up to 2 hours, until the chicken is... - 46.15
Mixed Egg & Vegetable Salad
Wash and thinly slice the leek.
Peel and chop the carrots.
Remove the core, pith and seeds from the pepper and cut into thin strips.
Trim and thinly slice the celery.
Peel and quarter the tomatoes.
Wash the cabbage, then shred finely.
Put the leek, carrots,... - 46.0258
Chicken Gado Gado
1) In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil, place the celery, leeks and carrots for 2 minutes. Drain, place in cold running water, then drain well.
2) In a large mixing bowl, place the blanched vegetables, keep aside.
3) Halve the mangetout... - 41.7612
Easy Chickpea Salad
Fond of chickpeas? Here's a great way to include them in your menu. Watch the chef share her personal favorite recipe to prepare this Easy Chickpea Salad. The recipe makes an excellent side dish and is very very impressive. Do give it a try. - 83.5668
Mix macaroni, tomatoes, leek, olives and capers.
Stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, basil, salt, garlic and pepper sauce; toss with macaroni mixture until evenly coated.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Just before serving, toss macaroni mixture... - 32.3499
Exotic Cheese Liver Spread
Exotic Cheese Liver Spread is yum with hot rolls, crackers, sandwiches and chips. You can choose the liver of your choice for the recipe. Check out the recipe for Exotic Cheese Liver Spread. - 35.625
French Chicken Soup
Put chicken in pot, add cold water to cover, bring to a boil.
Add leeks, onions, salt and pepper and a lot of thyme.
Set the lid half on.
Let boil for one hour.
Remove the chicken which will still be hard, and skin it.
Put chicken pieces back into pot.
Add... - 42.4367
Jellied Ham Molds
1. Set 6 individual molds in the refrigerator to chill until the gelatin mixture is ready. Then rinse them with cold water but do not dry them.
2. Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water. Let cool partially, then add the lemon juice. Let cool until it... - 34.8104
Chicken With Mustard And Wine Sauce
Hack the chicken, i.e,cut it into serving pieces.
Use a cleaver and have the pieces no larger than 2 inches square.
Heat a large frying pan or wok and add the oil.
Saute the chicken pieces over high heat, stirring as you cook, until they are browned.
Remove... - 39.7647
Cheesy Macaroni, Ham And Veggie Bake
1. In a pan with salted boiling water, cook the macaroni for 5 minutes.
2. Slice leek. Cut the ham into ¾ inch strips.
3. Cut the cauliflower and broccoli into small florets of the same size and cook both
4. In a saucepan of boiling water,... - 46.3723
1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan, combine broth, vinegar, wine, bay leaves, thyme, salt, and 1 cup water.
2. Break off artichoke leaves down to fleshy bottoms (save leaves to cook for other uses, if desired). With a vegetable peeler or knife, trim fibers from... - 41.1366
Poached Striped Bass
The poached striped bass is a lovely recipe for preparing bass with vegetables and fresh herbs. cooked in wine, water and olive oil mixture, flavored with lemon juice, the bass is cooked along with thyme, bay leaves and parsley along with peppercorns,... - 48.9361
Escabeche! A sumptuous dish dressing that can be added to your dinner spread with confidence. This delightful well flavored chicken dish will leave you licking your finger! Try this wonderful This is Escabeche recipe. - 46.9091
Grilled Capon With Salsa Verde
1. Put the capon wings, neck and carcass bones in a large pot. Add the leek, onion, carrot, celery, parsley, thyme, bay leaf and 1 tablespoon of salt. Add the water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
2. Carefully add the capon... - 30.213
1. Take a large pan and add the tripes into it. Add lots of water to cover the tripes and add the bouquet garni too.
2. Cover the pan with a lid and boil the tripe slowly.
3. Remove the skin of the onions and carrots and peel them thinly. Wash the... - 44.5203
Into a casserole put 3 pints of water, the potatoes, sliced, and the dandelion leaves, chopped very fine.
Cover, and boil for 2 hours on a gentle heat.
Mix the yolks of egg with melted butter in the bottom of the tureen just before serving; then... - 32.451
French Pot Au Feu
1) In a soup kettle, place the meat at the bottom.
2) Pour water and season with coarse salt.
3) Set the heat at medium flame and place the soup kettle over it to bring a boil.
4) Use a skimmer to remove the scum occasionally.
5) Add ½ cup of cold... - 45.6672
Whole Pumpkin Filled With Mixed Vegetables
Wash and dry the pumpkin.
Cut a lid in the top large enough to get the filling in and out.
Scoop out the seeds and sinews and discard.
If the cavity is very small, scoop out a little flesh to accomodate the filling.
In a heavy-bottomed pot heat 3 tablespoons... - 43.6617
Quick Shepherd's Pie
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting it to 170C/ and conventional 190C/gas 5.
2) Peel the potatoes and chop them into equal sized pieces.
3) Take a medium sauce pan and place the chopped potatoes in it covering with cold water mixed with a... - 44.8502
Spaghetteroni And Cheese
I wanted Mac and Cheese, but I also wanted Spaghetti. So I combined them. I’m so glad I did. - 113.479
Grilled Vegetable Couscous Salad
The grilled vegetable cous cous is a fiiling meal recipe prepared with cous cous served with grilled vegetables and red pepper coulis. Flavored with lemon juice and garnished with parsley, the grilled vegetables with cous cous is healthy and nutritious. - 44.2153