- » Diwali Snack
Diwali Snack Recipes
Enjoy our collection of diwali snack recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for diwali snack recipes.
Diwali Bhajani Chakli
For most Indians, the Chakli is crunchy tea-time snack. Yes, they love it and so will you. Though this snackk can be made throughout the year, it is a Diwali staple. Madhura in this video is making the Chaklis with the flavorsome ajwain seeds. Enjoy. - 130.464
Kaju Badam Puri - Almond Cashew Cookies Without Flour & Butter
1. In a dry blender, add the cashew nuts and almonds and blend together into a powder.
2. Using a sieve, sift the flour into a large mixing bowl until an even and fine consistency of powder is achieved.
3. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees... - 120.498
Chakali - A queen of all Diwali delicacies!! I think its hardly to find anybody who doesn't like Chakali. Very crispy and savoury snack prepared all over India during Diwali time. In Maharashtra we prepare chakali by using all kinds of different pulses and we... - 115.496
Shakarpara Or Namakpara - Indian Snack
If you're looking for some tasty Indian snacks, you should try this recipe. This is called Shakarpara in India. This is a good snack for munching time. You can make more and store in an air tight container. Don't forget to watch the video for this amazing... - 113.848
Kharkharia Recipe -suvari -diwali Special
Diwali is just round the corner and if you're planning to make some homemade snacks, then do try this recipe by Chef Bhavana. She demonstrates a simple and easy recipe to make kharkharia - a very famous gujarati snack prepared during Diwali. Watch the video... - 106.88
Ghughra Or Gujia Or Karanji - Diwali Special
As Diwali is nearing and if you're planning to make some homemade sweets, then do try this yummy recipe. The chef shows a simple and easy recipe to make karanji. This is a very famous sweet dish that Indians eat on Diwali. Many make it at home itself. Before... - 101.994
This Diwali surprise your family and friends with these traditional crispy chorafali. Take a look at this video that demonstrates how to make some absolutely crispy and super delicious chorafali in your kitchen. The video is nicely explained and offers great... - 101.346
Mathiya Or Mathia Recipe - Diwali Special
As Diwali is nearing and if you're planning to make some homemade snacks, then do try this yummy recipe. The chef shows a simple and easy recipe to make this yummy dish and you can make it on Diwali. Watch the video for the recipe of this tasty snack. - 101.169
Muruku ( Snack) Making Made Easier
Murukku is probably the most popular and favorite festive snack made in every South Indian home a week before Diwali. While there are many versions of this crispy crunchy snack, the sweet-savory golden brown ones are traditional. The video shows an easy way... - 91.8554
Butter Murukku (butter Rice Chakli)
Butter Murukku is South Indian Deepavali delicacy. But savoured in all times as a snack due to its excellent flavor and crispy taste. Try it and enjoy!! - 50.1403
Karanjis are fried sweet dumplings made of wheat flour and stuffed with dry or moist coconut delicacies. During Diwali this dish made throughout India but is called by different names. Karanji, also known as Gujiya and Pirikiya, is a dish that is famous all... - 49.8216
Sweet Chakli For Diwali
These sweet chaklis should be a part of the Diwali snack assortment. It is a very popular Gujarati, Maharastrian and Andhra crispy fried snack made during the festive season. There are many variations but these ones made of rice flour and jaggery are the... - 48.7984
Would you like to try simple Dhokla at home? This recipe is just the way it is prepared in Indian homes. Dhokla is a delicious Gujrati fast food.It is generally eaten during breakfast. You will love this traditional Dhokla recipe. - 48.7314
Assorted Karanjias For Diwali - Sweet Stuffed Fried Dumplings
Karanjias are traditional Maharastrian-Gujarati sweet snacks made during the festive occasion of Diwali. They are also known by different names such as Gujiyas, Karanjis, Ghugharas, Nevris, Pirikiya or Karjikayis. These fried dumplings are stuffed with a... - 48.0325
This delightfully crispy,crunchy snack will add zest to tea -time,after meal munches and parties.It is famous in Maharashtra ,specially in Pune.This savory bits has a combine taste of sweet,sour,salty and spicy.There is another savory which is made with... - 47.2006
Diwali Ki Karanji
Karanji, popularly known as gujiya is an all-time favorite sweet in India. At this time of diwali, every home has its own version of this very popular sweet. - 46.6598
This mullu murukku is an easy snack and the same type is available in Indian grocery stores in US. Try it, you will stop buying the one in Indian stores. - 46.6139
Place the drained chickpeas in a large bowl.
Chop the onion and keep aside.
Peel and dice the aloo.
Place the aloo in a sauce pan of water and boil until they cooked and drain and keep aside.
Mix the tamarind paste and water toegther in a small bowl.
Add the... - 46.442
Tikhat Sev (spicy Gathia)
Thikat Sev is the simplest and easiest dish to make among all the other snacks made during Diwali. This dish is quickest to disappear as, during Diwali one is tired of eating sweets. - 45.8837
Samosas are one of the most popular Indian Appetizers. This is a quick and easy recipe for baked Samosas. - 45.6717
Dahi Bhalle (dahi Vade)
An authentic Punjabi Dahi Bhalle recipe for you. Lentil dumpling soaked in yoghurt sauce is a favorite Indian dish that has come to be a favorite with all ages. The lentil makes it a high protein food that you could enjoy on any occasion. - 45.6083
Make the filling first by braising the ingredients together on a low heat on the cooker.
Keep stirring until the coconut has changed to a light golden colour.
Remove from the stove and allow to cool.
Make the dough by rubbing the butter into the sifted flour... - 45.5204
Crispy Gujia/indian Festival Snack
* Mix maida, semolina, 3 tablespoon of oil/ghee and little bit of water to knead into a soft dough. Cover it and keep it aside for 15-20mins
* Now heat pan in a low flame and add dry fruits, khoya, sugar and mix them well until... - 44.6448
Put the coconut, sugar, cashews, raisins and evaporated milk into a small, heavy-based saucepan and pace over a medium heat. Stir and mix the ingredients thoroughly and as soon as the milk starts bubbling reduce the heat to low. Cook uncovered until the... - 44.2188
1. About "Prasad"- It is a food granted with blessings by the guru or spiritual teacher to those who partake of it.
2. For making this prasad, chop the dates, almonds and cashews.
3. In a large cast-iron frying pan or a large saucepan... - 43.7566
Bhel Puri is undoubtedly a very popular North-Indian snack/appetizer. Also it is an extremely common road-side snack in Mumbai and other such Indian Metropoliton Cities. If you have all the ingredients readily available at home, then its just a matter of... - 43.5225
Aloo Methi Bajji
Aloo Bajji/Potato Fritters are a very popular tea-time Indian Snack. They are easy to make and don't require any prior planning. The potato slices are dipped in a thick spicy batter and then deep-fried. I also add some Kasoori Methi/Dried Fenugreek leaves to... - 42.7901
Kai Suthu Murukku
Murukku is typically made from a mixture of urad and rice flour, salt, and flavourings such as chilli, asafoetida, ajawain, or cumin.
As Diwali is coming nearer everybody is busy planning what are the sweets and savouries that could be made.
Here is another... - 41.6822
My friends love this Assorted Pakora Recipe. Assorted Pakora is a delicious Indian snack. It is also a very popular marriage party snack in India. During Ramadan, the month of fasting, Assorted Pakoras are often eaten by Muslims during Iftar. It is a good... - 41.3477
Anarsa is a Maharashtrian sweet snack prepared during special occasions like Diwali. Also associated with some parts of central and northern India. Main ingredients include powdered rice, jaggery and poppy seeds. - 41.3075
1) Fold in all the dry ingredients.
2) Add butter and enough water to make soft and pliable dough. Put this dough into chakali mould.
3) Heat oil to smoking temperature. Hold the mould over the hot oil and press lever to make chakalies.
4) Fry the... - 41.1574
My family loves this Dhania Bhaji Recipe. Dhania Bhaji is a very popular Indian snack. It is mostely used in the breakfast or evening snack.Dhania Bhaji goes well with tea, but it can also be eaten with coffee. It is a good option for holiday cooking. You... - 40.7861
1. Take a bowl and add ghee, flour, curds, salt, and enough water to form a tough dough.
2. Take another bowl and add 1 cup water and sugar into it. Make a sugar syrup of 1 -thread consistency by boiling it over low flame.
3. Add lime juice and... - 40.1043
1. Take a bowl and add refined flour, coriander leaves, green chilies, crushed pomegranate seeds, peppercorns, chili powder, cumin seeds, and salt. Add 1 tsp melted ghee and water and shape the mixture into stiff dough.
2. Divide the shaped dough into... - 39.9407
* Grind nicely the garlic with 1/4 cup water, filter and take out that water.
* With the rice flour add besan, chilli powder, salt, jeera or ajwain, garlic water, ghee or butter and add water and mix as chapatti dough.
* Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan,... - 39.8644
Veggie Bread Pakora
Blend in the blender: Onion, tomato, peas, green chilies, ginger, coriander leaves. Add water if required and make a fine paste.
Take gram flour in a bowl. Add blended paste, salt, garam masala, turmeric powder, coriander powder and water. Mix well. Make a... - 39.2755
1. Pre heat an oven at 150°C (300°F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix well and transfer on to a baking tray.
3. Bake in pre heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, while stirring once in between baking process.
4.... - 39.1928
Simple Curried Nuts
This curried Nuts is a foolproof recipe to try this festive season!An amazing way to use up the nuts, it will just take about 15 min of your time to make this hit Snack . Indian nuts have a way of addicting you to it on the first bite. So go ahead and get... - 39.1776
This is a very simple and tasty tea time snack. - 39.0553
Chakli -- of maharashtrian origin is a common snack in most of the Indian festivals. - 38.3289
My friends love this Dal Pakora Recipe. This is a festive Dal Pakora recipe made on Diwali. Dal Pakora is a delicious Indian snack. During Ramadan, the month of fasting, Dal Pakoras are often eaten by Muslims during Iftar. It can be eaten during breakfast.... - 37.4739
Thin Poha (beaten/pressed Rice)chiwda
1. If poha is soggy, preheat oven on 350. Bake poha for 5 mins or till it become crunchy. Don't forget to stir in between. (If you don't have oven you can use pan or kadhai on gas)
2. Heat oil in a pan, then fry pea nuts, cashews, almonds, raisins seperately... - 37.019
1. Take a skillet, add cleaned til to it and roast until it turns brown in color.
2. Add gram flour to the skillet and roast until it turns red.
3. Grate the jaggery on fine grater and remove all its lumps.
4. Take a bowl and add roasted til, gram... - 36.7608
Boil peas till they are two-third done.
Grind it coarsely, add onion, ginger garlic paste.
Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil, saute peas with onion, ginger & garlic paste for a minute.
Cool & then add cornflour, salt & garam masala.
Make kababs with this batter & fry... - 36.5609
Fill water in a deep vessel & soak murmura/puffed rice in it. The puffed rice due to its light weight will float to the surface, keep pushing it to the bottom with your palms. After 5 minutes, take the puffed rice into your palms, squeeze the excess water &... - 36.2714
Toasted Sandwiches With Vegetable Samosa Filling
Heat extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and garlic mix in the spices and fry until soft. Add the vegetables, seasoning and stir well until coated. Add the stock, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until cooked. Visit... - 36.1604
This Nankhatai Recipe is especially suitable for kids. My grand mother used to make this Nankhatai whenever I visited her. This reminds me of sweet memories of childhood. Nankhatai is a very popular Indian cookie .It is really easy to cook and tastes... - 35.6193
Vase Of Flowers
1. Turn the cake mixture into a greased and lined cake tin, 20 cm (8 inches) square, and level the surface. Bake in a preheated oven, 160°C (325°F), Gas Mark 3, for about 45 minutes or until just firm and a skewer, inserted in the centre comes out clean.... - 34.2657
Boil Potatoes and mash them while still hot. Add turmeric powder, dhaniya powder, garam masala powder, juice of lime, salt and chilly powder. Mix well. Keep this mixture aside.
Heat 3 tbs oil in a skillet. Add cumin seeds. Add the potato mixture and then... - 34.2106
1) Add oil,salt and sugar to the maida..
2) Make a dough by adding hot water.
3) Roll of the dough to a circle and make a vertical cut first and then a horizontal cut to form a daimond shape.
4) Deep fry them in oil.
5) Store them in air tight... - 33.5531
1.Measure 2 cups of White Flour and pour it in a bowl.
2.Mix in 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
3.Mix in 1 Teaspoon of Ajwain Seeds.
5.Then, add in 1/2 a cup of either Crisco or Vegatable Oil.
6.Grind together using your hands.
DO NOT MAKE A DOUGH... - 33.0995
Raw Banana Cutlet
Peel raw bananas and potatoes. Steam them in pressure cooker for about 5 minutes on low flame.
Cut green chilies in very small pieces. Mash steamed bananas and potatoes and add dry mango powder, salt and green chilies to it. Mix well.
Make small flat... - 32.4311
1. Roast Rava in ghee over medium heat. Keep roasting until its color changes to golden brown and it gives out aroma.
2. Now add coconut to rava and again roast for approx. 10 - 15 minutes.
3. Combine sugar and water in a thick bottomed pan. Heat it to... - 32.0799
Moong Dal Chakli
1. Cook the moong daal till soft(preferably use pressure cooker). Mash them with a spoon.
2. Take the maida(or all purpose flour) in a cloth and tie a knot.Keep the flour bundle in a cooker vessel and steam it(without putting the weight) for around 10mins.
3.... - 31.9056
Nepali Sel Roti
I stayed in Nepal for about 6 months and during Diwali I was overfed with Sel Rotis by my lovely Nepali friends. So I had to learn the recipe and here it is. - 0
Corn Cheese Balls
The combination of corn and cheese together makes it an excellent and appetizing starter. Ideal for all age groups. simple and easy to make. The crispy bite and the gooey cheese...yum. It is worth a try! - 0
Gobi Ke Pakode
These are cauliflower fritters made by dipping cut cauliflower into gram flour based batter. A perfect Indian snack to be served during rainy weather or during festivals like diwali, dussehra, holi etc. - 0
Aloo bonda is a delicious Indian snack which is a great crowd pleaser! The dish is made by coating mashed potato balls in gram flour based batter and deep frying them in hot oil. - 0
Oven Grilled Corn
Oven grilled corn is a delicious corn based dish made by combining corn with curd masala and grilling the dish in oven for a few minutes. The dish is quite popular in Indian cuisine, and is usually made in hot tandoor. However, here I have used oven for... - 0
Homemade Tamatar Pyaz Pizza
This is a simple pizza made with maida based flattened dough topped with chopped onions, tomatoes, cheese, and tomato ketchup. You would really relish each and every cheesy bite of the pizza. Must a try! - 0
Mirchi Bajji - Mirapakaya Bajji - Mirchi Bonda
Mirchi Bajji is a very popular Indian snack . It is the stuffing that makes them differ from various regions. They taste great whether you make them stuffed with masala or just fry them as they are without any stuffing! Here is the recipe how I prepare at... - 0
Spinach Cheese Cigars With Honey Chilli Sauce
Crunchy Samosa patti rolls, filled with a spicy cheese and spinach mixture. Serve these immediately to enjoy the taste of the melted mozzarella cheese. Ready-made Samosa pattis are available at most provision stores. - 0
Shakkarpara - Indian Festive Sweet
1. Place a pan on medium heat and add the salt, water, sugar and clarified butter. Stir well and bring the mixture to a boil.
2. Transfer the syrup to another container for faster cooling.
3. Add the sugar water to the all-purpose flour to make a... - 0
Ajwain Leaves Ke Pakode
This is a dish of Indian Origin wherein fresh carom (ajwain) leaves are dipped in gram flour batter and deep fried in oil. The fritters are best enjoyed during snack time along with tomato ketchup on the side. - 0
Homemade Gobi Momos
These are homemade all purpose flour (maida) dumplings stuffed with cauliflower mash. The dish has its origin in Nepal and is now popular in many Asian countries. Momos can be made both vegetarian and non vegetarian, wherein the stuffing may include cabbage,... - 0
Tangy Corn Masala
This is a simple dish made with corn, spiced up with red chili powder, with a tanginess of lemon juice. The dish can be enjoyed during snack time along with tea or coffee and can be offered during small and big parties. Really a very good variation from... - 0
This is a dish of deep fried balls, made of potato and semolina mash. The dish is a very popular Indian snack food and is commonly found in Indian weddings and parties. Here follows the detailed recipe of the dish. - 0
Crispy Delicacy Karjikayi
This is a crispy sweet that can be stored for few days. It has a filling of coconut, raisins and nuts and sugar. This sweet can be made at any time, but festivals are the times it is made the most to be served to guests, friends and family. - 0
Namak Pare- A Delicious Diwali Snack
Namak Pare is one of the popular Indian crunchy snacks, made with maida. The snack can be easily made at home, and is perfect to be served during tea time. - 0
Homemade Mathi- A Popular Indian Snack
Mathi is a perfect everyday and party Indian snack enjoyed with a cup of tea during snack time. Making mathis at home is a little time consuming task. The recipe for the same follows hereunder. - 0
Chakri Or Murukku - Rice Spirals
1. Take a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients such as rice flour, sesame seeds, carom seeds, white chili powder, salt and sugar.
2. Once the dry ingredients are mixed well, add the sour cream and knead the dough and keep it aside.
3. Take the chakri... - 0
Samosa - Indian Snack
Want to enjoy something flaky and crunchy with your evening tea? Then this samosa recipe is just perfect to beat that afternoon slurp! - 0
Tuvar Lilva Kachori - Stuffed Pigeon Peas Balls
1. For the dough: In a bowl with water, add oil and stirring vigorously combine it well with the water. Set it aside for half an hour.
2. In another mixing bowl, add and combine the flour with besan and salt. Knead it into a dough using... - 0
Wheat Flour Chakali - Diwali
Chakali is a must part in almost every ones list when Diwali is round the corner. So let's make it one step healthier by using Whole Wheat flour. Super crunchy and super delicious. - 0
Diwali Snack Recipes By Category