- » Diwali Rice
Diwali Rice Recipes
Enjoy our collection of diwali rice recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for diwali rice recipes.
A festival delight made out of freshly ground rice flour and jaggery offered to the Gods. As far as I can remember my grandma used to make these the best.....crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Although the ingredients list is simple enough the... - 109.787
Lite Vegetable Biryani
Lite Vegetable Biryani is a dish made of less masalas and more vegetables & nuts to give lots of taste. Try out and enjoy!! - 54.7407
Pistachio Phirni - Pistachio Rice Pudding
Pistachio Phirni it is similar to a rice pudding or custard made without eggs. It has a wonderful smooth and creamy texture. This lovely dessert Fuses Middle Eastern and Asian flavors and is very easy to make. It can be made well in advance which makes it... - 51.9742
1. Mix all the powders (clove, cinnamon, cardamom and coriander) and keep it aside.
2. Soak rice for 1/2 an hour.
3. Heat ghee in a pan and add the onions. Fry on a medium heat till golden brown.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
5. Now... - 50.1674
Butter Murukku (butter Rice Chakli)
Butter Murukku is South Indian Deepavali delicacy. But savoured in all times as a snack due to its excellent flavor and crispy taste. Try it and enjoy!! - 50.1403
Curried Nut Roast
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F
2) Into a frying pan, sautÃ© the onions with some pepper in oil
3) Mix the nuts and breadcrumbs together into a large bowl, adding the garlic, herbs and curry powder
4) Stir in the onion, pepper and... - 49.8548
First chop all the ingredients and keep aside.
In a pressure cooker put oil and ghee,when it is hot .
Add cinnamon,clove,maratimoggu,bayleaf,cardmom and fry for sec.
Now add onion,greenchillies and fry till onion is golden brown.
Then add methi leaves and fry... - 49.2275
Would you like to try simple Dhokla at home? This recipe is just the way it is prepared in Indian homes. Dhokla is a delicious Gujrati fast food.It is generally eaten during breakfast. You will love this traditional Dhokla recipe. - 48.7314
Sabji Ki Biryani
Cook the rice in sufficient boiling water with a little salt until half-cooked.
Transfer to a mixing bowl and let cool.
Soak the crushed saffron in the hot milk and set aside.
Place the yogurt, garlic and ginger pastes, ground cumin, chili... - 48.0851
This vegetable biryani can be had by itself or with tomato kulambu or masala or onion curd raita. - 47.0803
1) Roast nuts and raisins.
2) Soak saffron in about 1 tablespoon hot milk for 5 minutes. Make a paste.
3) In a pan heat ghee and roast cardamoms and rice. Saute for about 5 minutes.
4) Add milk, bring it to a boil. Cook the rice on low... - 46.9847
This Makhana pulao is just what you need to add both beauty and taste to your table. A simple and easy to make rice preparation - try this truly irresistible mouthwatering delight. Make your day with a great meal. - 46.9501
1. Take a heavy bottomed skillet and start toasting poppy seeds.
2. Stir in sugar, coconut, jaggery and simmer until the mixture thickens.
3. Blend in cardamoms, khoya, poppy seeds and cook dry.
4. Remove from fire and set aside.
5. Take a bowl, add... - 46.3399
1) Soak saffron in 1 tablespoon hot milk for 5 minutes.
2) In a pan, heat ghee and add rice, cardamom seeds and thin coconut milk. Saute and bring to a boil.
3) Now, add thick coconut milk. Mix well and cook until rice is almost done.... - 45.6932
If you love tomatoes...........if you love rice.......if you love spicy food........just go for this recipe........you are sure to enjoy!!! - 45.4947
Coconut rice is a tasty, quick dish. Enjoy!! - 43.7907
1. Take a saucepan and fill it with water. Soak rice in it and allow it to stay there for about 72 hours. Keep on changing the water on daily basis.
2. After 72 hours, dry the rice in sunlight and pound it to fine powder.
3. Take a... - 43.5255
Methi Rice Pulav
This is a famous North Indian dish, it is a very healthy food. - 43.3533
This is a very simple and easy to make dish. - 43.2676
Boil the eggs with a tsp of salt, slit them in sides and keep aside.
In a big heavy bottomed non stick pan por oil and ghee, add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamon, cloves, somph, mint leaves and then onion, green chillies and fry for 2 mins.
Now add 1 tsp... - 43.2242
Vegetable And Egg Fried Rice
* Cook rice in rice cooker with 1cup rice:1 1/2 cup water along with salt.
* Make scrambled egg with a tsp oil and a pinch of salt and a pinch of soy sauce.
* Cut the vegetables as shown in the picture.
* In a big pan pour oil, put the vegetables- carrot,... - 43.1474
* Cook 1 cup basmati rice with 2 cups of water and 1/4 tsp of salt.
* Heat oil in a big non stick pan and add mustard seeds and let it splutter, then add urad dal chana dal, 1 dry red chilli, curry leaves and onions, fry till golden brown.
* Now add the... - 42.9997
Boil the milk in a thick bottomed pan.(It is better not to do this in a non stick pan as milk becomes brown at the bottom of the pan ) if u do not have a thick bottomed pan use a pressure cooker.
Grind the basmathi rice in the mixer( do not grind it finely.... - 41.9841
Kai Suthu Murukku
Murukku is typically made from a mixture of urad and rice flour, salt, and flavourings such as chilli, asafoetida, ajawain, or cumin.
As Diwali is coming nearer everybody is busy planning what are the sweets and savouries that could be made.
Here is another... - 41.6822
1. Take rice and wash it properly before soaking it in bowlful of water. Allow it to remain in water for few hours until the rice turns soft. Then drain out of the water.
2. Take a skillet, and add raisins and nuts into it. Fry them... - 39.774
* wash the rice then drain the water.
* Cut the onion, tomato, slit the green chillies into two.
* Grind the ginger and garlic into a paste.
* Heat the pressure cooker, pour oil and ghee, add the green chillies, mint leaves, onion and fry till light brown.... - 38.3875
Curd Rice is native to South-India. In telugu language, it is called 'Dadhojanam' or simply 'Perugu Annam' meaning Curd Rice. Dadhojanam is served commonly as 'prasadam' in most South-Indian temples. This easy-to-make dish is soothing to the tummy especially... - 37.6441
Thin Poha (beaten/pressed Rice)chiwda
1. If poha is soggy, preheat oven on 350. Bake poha for 5 mins or till it become crunchy. Don't forget to stir in between. (If you don't have oven you can use pan or kadhai on gas)
2. Heat oil in a pan, then fry pea nuts, cashews, almonds, raisins seperately... - 37.019
Potato slices are fried, sprinkled with salt and pepper and roasted beneath steamed Long-Grain Rice. This Rice dish is full of aroma and the use of butter enriches the taste. Also placing the potato slices in the bottom of the vessel helps them to roast in... - 36.9075
Papad is one of the Indian traditional food item, which can be prepared ahead and served as needed. Papad is a thin crispy wafer like dish, that goes well with meals and snacks. - 34.3199
Cashew Rice With Peas
In 1 quart pan put 2 Tbsp oil, garlic powder and rice. Stir over medium heat for 30 seconds.
Add water, turmeric and salt. Add peas.
Bring to a full boil, then cover and cook on very low heat for 18 minutes; stir in cashew pieces.
Garnish w/... - 33.9954
This is a north Indian desert made out of rice and milk and almonds. It is a very simple recipe which you will enjoy making as much as you will relish eating. - 31.6969
Nepali Sel Roti
I stayed in Nepal for about 6 months and during Diwali I was overfed with Sel Rotis by my lovely Nepali friends. So I had to learn the recipe and here it is. - 0
Sakkarai pongal is one of the traditional sweet dishes prepared in Tamil Nadu. This is made during festivals and other special occasions in the family. The rice provides energy, and the jaggery is a healthier alternative to sugar. It contains iron and is... - 0
Curd rice is a popular Indian dish, mainly popular among south Indians, with the dish made with yogurt and rice, and spiced up with black pepper powder and red chili powder. - 0
Matar rice is a simple Indian dish, made essentially with rice and peas. Though the dish can be made richer by adding variety of spices like black pepper powder, red chili powder, etc; however I have made it very simple with the use of only salt and cumin... - 0
This is a sweet and creamy dessert that is made during festivals and in Kerala it is also served with the sadya. It is easy to make and very tasty to be served during any special occasion. - 0
Chakri Or Murukku - Rice Spirals
1. Take a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients such as rice flour, sesame seeds, carom seeds, white chili powder, salt and sugar.
2. Once the dry ingredients are mixed well, add the sour cream and knead the dough and keep it aside.
3. Take the chakri... - 0
Chawal Ki Kheer
Chawal ki kheer or rice kheer, as the name suggests is made with rice. Rich in carbs and other essential nutrients, because of the milk used in the preparation, this pudding is ideal for all age groups. Condensed milk is also added to the kheer to make it... - 0
Diwali Rice Recipes By Category