- » Diwali Dessert
Diwali Dessert Recipes
Enjoy our collection of diwali dessert recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for diwali dessert recipes.
Chirote is a crisp sugary affair ! Oh yes! This crunchy sweet has a surprise syrup oozing out with every bite. This is a typical Diwali sweet in North India. But then, you don't have to wait till Diwali to make it. Enjoy making it now! - 144.096
Easy Coconut Burfi
Coconut fan??…here is something for you – A quick and easy fix for your cravings. The best thing about it is that it has a long refrigerator shelf life. So, when that sweet craving hits you, you know in which direction to head. - 142.983
Traditional Gujarati Mohanthal
If you are a Guajarati living abroad and missing your mother’s homemade Mohanthal, here is the perfect recipe video which shows you how to make this besan barfi or gram flour fudge, with the correct texture and taste that will remind you of the homemade... - 131.261
Traditional Kaju Katli
if you thought making the traditional kaju katli was difficult, then this recipe is for you. Chef Bhavna shows this recipe step by step and so patiently. Kaju katli is a very famous and tasty Indian sweet. Indians normally make it during festivals. Before... - 127.329
Trirangi Katlis - Kaju Badam Pista Katlis -tricolor Cashew Almond
1. In a dry blender, add the cashews, almonds and pistachio one at a time and blend separately into a powder.
2. Using a sieve, sift each flour in separate bowls until an even and fine consistency of powder is achieved.
3. For the Kaju... - 124.416
A very popular Indian Dessert prepared all over India on the occasion of Diwali. Crispy Chakali and scrumptious Karanji are the two special dishes that do not have substitute on Diwali. Though preparation of Karanji requires little extra time and efforts, the... - 120.933
Soft Boondi Laddu
Soft boondi laddu has ruled the Indian sweets market for centuries. This video shows you how to make the king of all Indian sweets at home and it will taste even better as you can have it fresh out of the pot. So are you the one with that sweet tooth, if yes... - 120.729
A festival delight made out of freshly ground rice flour and jaggery offered to the Gods. As far as I can remember my grandma used to make these the best.....crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Although the ingredients list is simple enough the... - 119.364
Boondi Laddu And Motichoor Laddus
1. In a saucepan add sugar, water, saffron and cardamom powder and boil on medium heat to get 1 1/2 thread consistency syrup.
2. In a measuring cup add 1 cup besan, melted ghee mix a little and add water and mix well to make the batter.
3. Heat oil in... - 119.025
Traditional Potato Halwa
This rather uncommon but authentic and traditional halwa is commonly prepared by south Indian Hindus during fasts and for puja’s. This is a really simple recipe, using ordinary boiled potatoes. You can substitute them with sweet potatoes if you like. This... - 116.018
Indian Carrot Halwa
One of the most popular desserts from Indian is Indian Carrot Halwa. This carrot pudding is probably one of the easiest desserts to make, but still it rules the palates of most of the Indians. Watch this video to prepare this delicacy at home. - 115.016
If you have ever tasted kaju burfi, there is no way you can forget the taste of this scrumptious dessert. It can be easily bought from a store and enjoyed but once you get to taste a homemade kaju burfi you will never go to the store again for it. In the... - 114.259
Mysore Pak Making Made Easier
Mysore pak has to be one of the most popular sweets in Karnataka and an all time favorite of children and adults alike. These diamond shaped or rectangular, very porous, melt in the mouth kind of sweets are not to difficult to prepare at home. - 112.91
Diwali Coconut Barfi
Like coconut fudge? Then try this homemade Indian fudge. It’s actually a version of the typical coconut barfi but a little less crumbly. And fudge sounds better than barfi doesn’t it? All you need is 5 basic ingredients, cooked in a large wok on low heat... - 112.387
1. Mix condensed milk, coconut, cardamom well and nuts(if adding).
2. Grease your hands with little ghee or butter.
3. Make small balls of mixture and put them on plate or in cupcake cups.
4. If you wish, roll your balls in coconut to get more coconut... - 111.262
Jalebi - Instant Vs Traditional
To make regular traditional batter :
1. In a bowl mix 1 cup maida, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 pinch turmeric powder and mix with yogurt.
2. Add water and mix to get a lump free batter.
3. Cover and allow it to ferment for 2 -24 hours.
4. Add the... - 111.136
Indian Besan Ladoo
This is a great quick and easy preparation and a sweet snack or dessert for all to enjoy for this coming Diwali. It is made from pure ghee and gram flour with raisins and nuts. Believe it or not, it gets ready in less than 10 mts! You don’t have to go for... - 110.81
1. In a heavy bottomed cooking pot melt 1 tsp ghee and add cream and milk powder and cook till the mixture gets thick on low to medium heat.
2. In 1 tbsp milk dissolve the saffron strands to get the color.
3. Once the mawa starts getting thicker, stir... - 106.813
Semolina desserts are easy to make and have a universal appeal. Watch chef Aarsi showing how to make Sooji Halwa or semolina dessert using semolina flour and a few Asian sweet seasoning ingredients. Comforting dessert to serve loved ones! - 105.629
This video is a creation of Manjula. You can visit Manjula for complete recipes, and more videos. - 102.184
Bottle Gourd Dessert
1. To make khoya, into non-stick cooking pot pour milk, add the dry milk powder and stir continuously over low heat.
2. In another pan over medium heat add clarified butter, add bottle gourd and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes.
3. Add cardamom... - 94.789
Ask a Bengali what is his favorite of all the Bengali sweets and the answer undoubtedly will be “Rosogulla.” The Bengalis abroad crave for these and wait for relatives to visit or ask them to ship the canned ones to them on festive occasions. Learn how to... - 67.9619
Indian Diwali Sweet Mohanthal
For this Diwali, why not make sweets at home? Following Bhal Dave's process to make Mohanthal would just add to the sweetness of the festival as you beam with delight at your making this delightful dessert. You can also try it whenever you feel like having ... - 67.1842
Here is an easy to prepare sweet jalebi recipe that is sure to brighten up your festive days!These crispy fried sweet jalebis are so delicious to bite on, that everyone will keep coming back for more. - 54.5331
Motichoor Laddu or MANRAJ BHOGAL is a sweet delicacy made from grilled gram flour flakes which are sweetened, mixed with almonds, pressed into balls and fried in ghee. - 53.207
Are you looking for simple way to make Motichoor Laddu? This recipe is perfect for you. Motichoor Laddu is the most popular Indian sweet. It is extensively used during Diwali ,Ganesh Pooja and other festivals .According to Hindu belief Motichoor Laddu is the... - 52.145
Pistachio Phirni - Pistachio Rice Pudding
Pistachio Phirni it is similar to a rice pudding or custard made without eggs. It has a wonderful smooth and creamy texture. This lovely dessert Fuses Middle Eastern and Asian flavors and is very easy to make. It can be made well in advance which makes it... - 51.9243
(Prepare chaashni by putting sugar in boiling water and stirring it until a thick consistent solution is attained)
1. Mix flour, Coconut, bananas, saunf, sugar, chopped dry fruits in a bowl.
2. Add enough milk to make this into a paste.
3. Heat a... - 51.843
Dussehra And Diwali Ki Puran Poli - Sweet Stuffed Paratha
Puran Poli is a traditional and classical type of sweet flatbread made on as a sweet or dessert during auspicious occasions and festivals in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Goa, Andra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu. There are many variations to the stuffing for... - 51.2267
Diwali Special Basundi - Maharashtrian Rabri
Basundi a very popular Indian dessert is made in Bihar, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Karnataka during the festive occasions of Dussehra, Diwali, Kali Chaudas and Bhaibeej.This creamy sweetened dense milk dessert is similar to the North Indian Rabri or Rabdi. It... - 50.9067
Ghewar is a delicious Indian sweet. It is a very popular sweet in Rajasthan and usually served as dessert. It is generally prepared in January for Makar Sankranti, in March-April for Gangaur and in July-August for the Teej festival. Cook, share and enjoy... - 50.4943
Gajar Ka Halwa
This is a kid friendly Gajar Ka Halwa recipe. My grand mother used to make this Gajar Ka Halwa whenever I visited her. This reminds me of sweet memories of childhood. Gajar ka Halwa, also known as Carrot Halwa, is a very popular sweet dish in India. This is... - 50.3448
Khoya Gulab Jamun
It makes a great dessert after your lunch or dinner meals. It can be prepared once and used for about a week (keep refrigerated and microwave little before serving) - 50.1219
Kaju Katli - Cashewnut-almond Barfi
If you thought Kaju Katli is something exotic that is hard to make at home, I bet this recipe will prove it wrong! Effortlessly simple and with a set of ingredients that you will always have in your kitchen cabinet, this kaju katli recipe is sure going to... - 49.9743
These are sweet rice flour dumplings. They are very delicate and tender. - 48.9483
1. Prepare a double boiler. Use a sturdy 2 or 4 quart sauce pan.
2. Fill the sauce pan with 2 or 3 inches of water and bringing it to a steady boil. Reduce the heat so that the water is just below boiling point
3. Use a heavy-duty metal... - 48.2285
For the filling:
Roast rava in a 1/2 to 3/4th cup pure ghee till it turns golden in colour.(It gives out a light fragrance)
and set aside.
In a separate pan roast khus khus in ghee till pink in colour.
Add desiccated coconut and roast for five to seven... - 48.1249
Diwali Special - Shahi Tukda
Shahi Tukda, is one of the most simple yet stunning dish. As diwali, the festival of light approaches the consumption of sweets would go on an all-time high. Various kind of sweets would be available in the market, but this one dish is certainly what you can... - 48.0972
1)In a saucepan, heat ghee and fry the semolina until golden.
2)Add sugar and milk and cook in low heat until semolina is cooked.
3)Then, add khoya and mix until well incorporated.
4)Add remaining ingredients and turn off heat.
5)Decorate... - 47.6863
Jangri is a crispy, puffy, juicy sweet. A south indian delicacy made out of black urad dal. Try and enjoy!! - 47.2744
1)Put the yogurt in a clean muslin cloth, fold it up into a loose bundle and hang for a couple of hours or until excess moisture drips through.
2)Take a large bowl, and put the yogurt and add sugar. Beat until sugar dissolves and mixture is... - 47.1181
Kesari is a very easy dish that can be prepared quickly.
Adding pineapple along adds extra flavour and its tanginess contradicts the swetness of the kesari. The cooked pineapple in the kesari can be relished by even toothless gums. - 47.0459
If you like Bihar you will love this Balushahi recipe. This recipe is just the way it is prepared in Bihari homes. It is an unique and traditional dessert. It is extensively used during rakshabandhan and diwali. Try this balushahi recipe and enjoy. - 46.8598
Home Made Gaul Jamuns
To make milk balls, mix milk powder, flour in bowl until well combined, add cream slowly to make smooth soft dough.
Knead for 2-3 minutes or until dough is of very smooth texture (if dough is crumbly you may need little more cream).
Shape into 12 smooth... - 46.6245
1. Boil 1 cup of full cream milk in small non stick pan, add pinch of bi- carbonate of soda.
2. Stirring constantly, simmer on low till it reduces to 1/4 cup. Keep aside in bowl to cool. Save saucepan.
1. Grind sugar, cardamom, almonds, pistachio in... - 46.4577
1. Take a heavy bottomed skillet and start toasting poppy seeds.
2. Stir in sugar, coconut, jaggery and simmer until the mixture thickens.
3. Blend in cardamoms, khoya, poppy seeds and cook dry.
4. Remove from fire and set aside.
5. Take a bowl, add... - 46.3747
Hang the curds in a muslin cloth in a cool place for approximately
3 hours until all the liquid (whey) has drained off.Rub the saffron
into the warm milk until it dissolves.Mix together the hung curds,
sugar, saffron mixture and cardamom in a bowl and... - 45.8818
1) Mix sugar with 250 grams of water and make a thin syrup. Add lime juice and strain it. Keep aside overnight.
1) Mix flour, baking powder and salt together and sieve.
2) Add ghee, milk and enough water to form a thick batter. Beat... - 45.7537
First heat a pan, add pineapple pieces and 2 tbsp sugar. Mix it well and cook till pineapple are tender.
Heat ghee in a pan and fry raisins and cashews and keep aside.
In the same pan fry sooji till the raw smell has gone.
Now add boiling water and... - 45.622
Petha (candied Ash Gourd)
This a traditional recipe made from the Petha, a form of sweet that is made from Ash-Pumpkins. - 45.4719
Sooji Ka Halva
Place the water, sugar, and cardamom in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Turn the heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and set aside.
Heat the oil and butter in a large, nonstick frying pan or wok over medium heat.
Add... - 45.4153
Quick Kalakand (milk Cakes)
Kalakand, is very popular Indian sweet made from reduced sweetened milk and cottage cheese, originated in Uttar Pradesh. The term Kand in Kalakand is originated from the Arabic language and means sweets - 45.2484
Put 1 1/2 cups of sugar and water to boil.
In another pan put the milk & 1 cup sugar to boil.
Make balls from paneer and flatten to make patties (1" diameter) and gently let into the boiling water.
Cover with a perforated or partially covered lid.
Boil for... - 45.1813
Jalebis are a popular Indian sweet that is also had with warm milk as part of breakfast. Here is a recipe that lets you master the fine art of making this delicious sweet at home. - 45.0025
Are you looking for a simple way to make traditional Jalebi? Then this recipe is perfect for you. Jalebi is the most popular sweet in North India. It is also known as the national sweet of India eaten during festivals, weddings or any happy occassion. Jalebi... - 44.7858
Kesar Badam Burfi
Burfis, a traditional Indian sweet made with milk, khoya and flavoring comes in varieties of shapes and forms. Burfi has been a part of many festivals and has been relished by people of all ages. - 44.6702
Rava And Coconut Laddu
1) In a large wok, heat ghee and roast coconut until golden brown.
2) Now remove the coconut and add rava and roast until golden brown.
3) Add khoya and roast it until it is golden brown and runny consistency.
4) Add rava and other ingredients and... - 44.662
Gajjar Ka Halva
Bring the milk to a boil in a suitable heavy-based pan over medium heat.
Add the carrots and cardamom, and bring to a boil again.
Reduce the heat and cook, stirring frequently, until no liquid remains.
Stir in the ricotta cheese, oil, and butter.
Stir and... - 44.6032
I love this Kaju Burfi recipe. Kaju Burfi is a very popular Indian sweet .Kaju Burfi is extensively used during diwali and other Indian festivals. It makes your celebration more delightful. You should try this Kaju Burfi Recipe. - 44.5372
1) Soak the dal overnight. Next day, drain water and dry it a bit. Grind it into a fine paste.
2) In a large wok, heat ghee and add dal paste. Roast dal until golden brown.
3) Now add khoya and cook until it turns golden and gets... - 44.5097
Sohan Papdi is a very popular Indian sweet . It is extensively used during diwali and other Indian festivals. It makes your celebration more delightful. Try and enjoy this sohan papdi recipe. - 44.4697
Gulab Jamun is the most popular Indian sweet. It is extensively used during Diwali ,and other festivals. It not only sweetens your mood but also brings good luck to you. It makes your celebration more delicious . Try and enjoy this Gulab Jamun recipe. - 44.3681
Mix pounded rice in 3/4 cup milk and grind fine the nuts in rose water.
Blend milk and condensed milk well together and cook for 10 mins.
Add in rice paste.
Cook and stir till it boils.
Reduce heat and continue to cook till slightly thick.
Add in nuts and... - 44.3358
1) Clean and wash sesame seeds. Dry them in sunlight.
2) When they are damp, rub them in a cloth to take out the skin.
3) In a large wok, melt jiggery and add all the ingredients.
4) Stir constantly until the mixture is thick. Switch... - 44.2285
Besan Ka Halwa
1)In a wok, heat ghee and roast besan until light golden on low heat. Stir constantly.
2)Add water and stir constantly, until water is fully absorbed.
3)Fold in sugar and nuts. Mix well.
4)Cook until mixture is thick. Remove from heat and add... - 44.2178
1- Peel and grate the carrots.
2- Fry the chopped nuts (cashew nuts, almonds, pistachio, etc.) in ghee and keep them aside.
3- Saute the grated carrots in the same ghee for a few seconds.
4- Add milk and sugar to the carrots.
5- Cook the mixture until all... - 43.7568
This is a classic imarti recipe. Imarti is a very popular sweet in the Bihar and Up region of India . It is extensively used during Diwali and other Indian festivals . Imarti makes your celebration more delightful. You will enjoy this imarti Recipe. - 43.4067
Sift the flour together with baking powder and salt.
Scrape and grind the coconuts to a very smooth and fine paste.
Cream the butter and sugar together.
Add the yolks to the creamed mixture one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
Beat the... - 43.0218
1) Make a powder to pistachios and cardamoms together.
2) Slice almonds and cashews finely.
3) Strain curd in a muslin cloth and hang it and drain all the water away.
4) When all the water is drained transfer it to a large vessel and mix... - 42.9984
Batate Chi Vadai
1. Take a saucepan, add water and sugar into it. Cook it into syrupy form of one -thread consistency. When cooked remove it from fire, but maintain its warmth.
2. Take another heavy -bottomed vessel and heat ghee in it. Add potatoes and khoya and fry... - 42.916
Gajar Ka Halwa
Gajar Ka Halwa literally means Carrot Sweet/Halwa. Juicy Carrots are first shredded and pan fried on a low flame until they turn into a rich color and milk and sugar are added to make this mouth-watering delicacy. When served hot, Gajar Ka Halwa can melt in... - 42.7665
1. Take a saucepan and fill it with water. Soak rice in it and allow it to stay there for about 72 hours. Keep on changing the water on daily basis.
2. After 72 hours, dry the rice in sunlight and pound it to fine powder.
3. Take a... - 42.7252
1. Grease a ¼ inch deep baking tray with oil or ghee.
2. Put a medium heavy bottomed sauce pan over a low flame.
3. Add the semolina in the pan and dry roast it stirring frequently to prevent it from burning until it is lightly... - 42.4022
Atta Cashew Halwa
Atta halwa is a very tasty, mouth-watery sweet. Very easy sweet to make quick. Enjoy!! - 42.2736
Rava Chi Vadai
1. Take a bowl and add cashewnuts, pistachios and almonds. Pound them coarsely.
2. Take a heavy -bottomed vessel and add rava, ghee, coconut, sugar and milk.
3. Simmer and keep on stirring until the mixture thickens and start leaving... - 42.1314
Very simple, easy & yummy recipe that you must try out this Diwali and serve to your family and friends. - 42.092
Light, spongy and extremely delicious this Berry Cake is a true treat for those with sweet tooth. Dish out the goodness of berries to your loved ones by serving a slice of this berry cake! - 42.058
Boil the milk in a thick bottomed pan.(It is better not to do this in a non stick pan as milk becomes brown at the bottom of the pan ) if u do not have a thick bottomed pan use a pressure cooker.
Grind the basmathi rice in the mixer( do not grind it finely.... - 41.9375
This Chocolate Cake made in muffin cups is by far the best of its kind I have ever had. Incredibly delicious and lusciously inviting, make sure you try out this easy and simple chocolate cake recipe, coz, this can be a sure short cut way to win your loves... - 41.9102
Raspberry Cheese Cake
This Raspberry Cheese Cake is simply excellent and is much similar to the one you would have had in your favorite bakes. It is dead easy to make and is sure to set your taste buds rolling! - 41.8192
Baiday Ki Seviyan
Whisk eggs, till frothy.
Add sugar and beat till thick.
Add in the cold milk and whisk till smooth.
Heat ghee, fry sultanas for a minute and remove.
In the same ghee, fry the vermicelli till golden brown.
Add in milk mixture and stir till thick.
Add sultanas... - 41.8101
Grease a large tray and set aside.
Melt the ghee in a heavy based pan over a low heat.
Add the semolina and braise slowly until golden for a few minutes, stirring continuously.
Add the almonds, sugar and the nutmeg then stir again.
Add the milk and stir until... - 41.5461
Kashi halwa is one of the famous sweet dish from Southern parts of India. The recipe is made with grated winter melon. - 41.5293
Approximate cook time &preparation time is mentioned.Servings too depends on the size of the ball prepared. - 41.4952
1. Take a hard bottomed pan and add milks, almonds, cashewnuts, nutmeg and cardamoms into it and simmer until the mixture thickens.
2. Stir in sugar and cook until the mixture starts leaving the sides of a vessel. Keep on stirring continuously during... - 41.3907
1. Add curds to a piece of cloth and tie it loosely.
2. Leave the curd bags overnight or hang it for few hours until all the liquid is strained through the cloth.
3. Soften the strained curds nicely with the help of fork. Sprinkle cardamom powder and... - 41.3496
Sweet,Tasty and Spongy Indian sweets (Rasgulla / Rasagulla Recipe) - 41.3457
Heat ghee till it melts.
Seive maida and sugar in a mixing bowl and add baking soda and powdered cardamom together.
Add ghee little by little and prepare a soft dough without adding water.
Keep it aside with a tight lid for about 4 to 5 hours.
Now... - 41.2673
Break the biscuits into rough pieces about quarter of the original size.
Chop the dates very finely.
Melt the butter and sugar in a pan on a medium heat.
Keep stirring until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted completely.
Add the dates to this... - 41.18
A Diwali treat -- A special fudge made of figs, almonds, pistachios,and cashew nuts. - 41.1732
1. Mix the kova with maida and few drops of water. Make a smooth dough and divide
into small balls.
2. Mix kismis, cardamoms and cashews and ground to fine paste.
3. Soak each ball in red color, make a hole with your thumb in the middle and place
ground... - 41.0223
Animal Shaped Cookies
1. Trim the flaked chocolate bars to 1 cm (1/2 inch) longer than the cakes. Cut each cake into 3 layers and sandwich with buttercream. Place the larger cake on the plate and spread with more buttercream. Position the smaller cake on top and spread with the... - 40.5545
Chum chum is a very popular Bengali sweet. It is extensively used during diwali and other Indian festivals. It makes your celebration more delightful. Try and enjoy this chum chum recipe. - 40.4535
1. Using a small mortar and pestle, crush the cardamom seeds to a powder.
2. Melt butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan.
3. In a small saucepan, combine the grated carrots, nuts, sugar and milk.
4. Place the pan on a medium... - 40.2209
Coconut Burfi is a popular Indian sweet made of pure fresh coconut. It is easy to make and less expensive as it does not require much of ghee. This Burfi is made during Diwali "The Festival of Lights". - 40.0903
In a large heavy based saucepan.
Boil the milk on a medium heat slowly.
Meanwhile grease a 20 cm - 8" shallow dish with the butter.
When the milk is bubbling increase the heat to a fairly high and boil briskly, stirring constantly.
The milk has to thicken... - 40.064
Gari Ke Laddu
1)In a saucepan, add khoya and roast it on low heat.
2)Add half each of the sugar and coconut. Mix well.
3)When khoya gets golden for about 10 minutes, remove from the heat.
4)Now, add the rest of the sugar and mix well.
5)In a small bowl, keep some... - 40.0109
Diwali Dessert Recipes By Category