- » Dissolved
Enjoy our collection of dissolved recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for dissolved recipes.
You can make simple syrup at home, it is very easy to make, 1 part sugar, to 2 parts water. You can use this to sweeten sangria, iced tea, coffee, or even cocktails. This is so easy to prepare. - 103.348
1. Take a 7" souffle tin, tie a ppaper collar to it and place a one pound jam jar in its centre
2. Place a bowl on a pan of hot water and whisk egg yolks and sugar in the bowl until thick
3. To This, add the gooseberry syrup and whisk... - 46.6449
1. Clean and joint chicken.
2. Wash and slice tomatoes and keep them separate.
3. Peel and slice onions finely.
4. Grind ginger and garlic and powder garam masala, if used.
5. In a degchi heat oil or ghee. Fry onions till light brown.
6. Add chicken, garlic,... - 46.2005
Ruby Ring Mould
1) Take a saucepan and soften gelatin in cranberry juice cocktail.
2) Place the saucepan over heat and stir constantly until gelatin dissolves.
3) Mix lemon juice and cranberry sauce.
4) Take a 5-cup ring mold and pour the mixture in... - 46.187
Lemon-spices Mulled Wine
1) Pare lemon rind very thinly.
2) Using a sharp knife cut away thick, white, outer pith from the lemon and remove.
3) In a pan put the lemon rind.
4) Insert cloves into pared lemon.
5) Add to the pan with water and sugar.
6) Place over... - 46.1352
Avocado And Radish Mousse With Radish Pompons
Oil 1 1/2-quart ring mold (or six 6- to 8-ounce ramekins).
Invert on paper towels and set aside to drain.
Peel and halve avocados.
Transfer to processor and puree.
Add mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
Combine... - 45.9509
Pistachio Bavarian With Strawberries
Combine 1 cup of milk, sugar, and egg yolks and cook until thickened.
Add the pistachio nuts and flavoring while mixture cooks.
Soften gelatin in remaining milk.
Add 1 cup of hot custard and stir until dissolved.
Add remaining custard.
When thickening... - 45.841
Carrots In Dill Wine Sauce
1.In a bowl, put chicken broth, white wine, dill weed, shallots, salt and lemon juice and stir them well.
2.In a slow cooker, put carrots and add the bowl mixture.
3.Put the lid on and place the cooker on HIGH.
4.Cook the ingredients for... - 45.6491
Dissolve yeast in 1/4 of lukewarm milk; add 1/4 of sifted flour and work ingredients until they form a paste.
Put paste in balance of lukewarm water; cover and let stand 15 minutes, or until it rises to the surface.
Sift remaining flour on a board, make a... - 45.6066
Meat Loaf In The Round
Dissolve bouillon in the water; combine 1/4 cup with egg, bread crumbs, onion, sage, salt, and pepper.
Add ground beef; mix well.
In 8-inch skillet shape mixture into circle slightly smaller than diameter of skillet.
With handle of wooden spoon, make... - 45.2713
Hot Moong Dal Kachori
1. Sieve flour with salt.
2. Rub in fat.
3. Beat the curds with a little water and add to flour.
4. Add soda bicarbonate dissolved in a little water.
5. Make a smooth dough and keep aside.
6. Soak gram overnight.
7. Chop green chillies, ginger and coriander... - 44.9648
Put the sugar with the water in a small pan and dissolve it over gentle heat.
When the sugar is completely dissolved, bring the syrup to the boil and let it boil until the sugar caramelises.
When it is a good golden brown, remove the pan from heat and slowly... - 44.8653
Drain juice from pineapple.
Add 1 cup sugar to juice and let boil for 5 minutes.
Dissolve gelatin in cold water.
Add to hot syrup.
Mash cream cheese and pineapple together.
Add cherries and nuts.
Add to juice mixture.
Fold in whipped cream.
Put into long pan... - 44.6097
1. Sieve flour with a pinch of salt.
2. Add 60 gm. of hot fat and enough hot water to make a stiff dough.
3. Roll into small balls. Fry in hot fat till light brown.
4. Remove and drain.
5. Cool and pound in a mortar and pestle.
6. Sieve through a coarse... - 44.4878
Shrimp And Kidney
Score each kidney half, then cut it into 1/2-by-1-inch [1-by-2 1/2-cm.] pieces.
Rinse the kidneys several times in cold water.
Drain, add 1 teaspoon [5 ml.] of salt and one ginger slice, and let stand 10 minutes.
Rinse and drain.
Add 2 tablespoons [30 ml.] of... - 44.4083
Fruited Glazed Ham
In small glass bowl, combine sugar, syrup and mustard.
Heat at medium 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture boils; stir once.
Place ham fat-side up on microwave oven safe roasting rack set in oblong baking dish.
Heat, covered with wax paper,... - 44.3955
1) Use 2-quart pitcher or punch bowl, to combine club soda, wine, orange juice, liqueur, vodka, lime juice, and sugar.
2) Stir the ingredients to dissolve the sugar.
3) Stir in fruits and combine thoroughly.
4) Use eight 12-ounce glasses to fill with... - 44.2263
Cinnamon Apple Salad
Pare and core apples.
Cook candies in water till dissolved.
Add apples and cook slowly, uncovered, till just tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Turn once during cooking.
Chill in syrup several hours; turn once while chilling.
Blend cream cheese, milk, and lemon... - 44.0249
Day before: Place roast in large bowl with onions, bay leaves, cloves, peppercorns, salt, vinegar and 1 cup water.
Cover; refrigerate overnight, turning roast once or twice in marinade.
Early in day: Drain roast thoroughly, reserving marinade.
In Dutch oven,... - 44.0041
Sliced Bread Sandwich Loaf
1. Add gelatin to cold water and soften it. Place softened gelatin on hot water and allow to dissolve. Add 1 cup mayonnaise and stir well. Keep aside to thicken.
2. Prepare a mixture of 1.2 cup mayonnaise with salmon, pimiento, parsley, lemon juice... - 43.9478
1. Take greaseproof paper and line the outside of a five inch sopuffle dish with a thick layer of it
2. In a bowl, place the egg yolks, sugar and lemon juice
3. Make it stand on a pan of hot water and whisk until creamy
4. Remove and... - 43.9322
Eggnog Snow Pudding
Sprinkle gelatin over water to soften.
Stir over hot water or low heat until thoroughly dissolved.
Gradually stir into egg-nog.
Chill until thickened.
Then whip until light and fluffy.
Beat egg whites until stiff.
Gradually beat in sugar and nutmeg.
Fold into... - 43.7163
Pressed Pickled Tongue
Soak the tongue overnight in cold water.
Put the trivet in the pressure cooker, place the washed tongue on it and cover with cold water.
Slowly bring to the boil uncovered.
Pour off the water and add the vegetables, peppercorns and bouquet garni to the pan,... - 43.6177
1)Mix sugar and egg yolks and beat until thick and mousse-like, leaving a trail.
2)Stir in cream and add dissolved gelatin, sprinkling in lime juice and salt to give a... - 43.2526
Salami Vegetable Bake
In a 2-quart casserole combine the potatoes, carrots, onion, water, and garlic.
Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power (HIGH) about 10 minutes or till, vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring after 5 minutes.
Stir in cabbage.
Stir together water, bouillon granules,... - 43.1164
Onion Rye Bread
Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
Mix milk, sugar, shortening and salt together; cool to lukewarm.
Add dissolved yeast and stir in the all-purpose flour.
Mix until smooth.
Add caraway seeds and onion, then enough rye flour to make a firm dough.
Knead until... - 42.997
Lemon Parsnips And Carrots
1.In a slow cooker, put parshnips and carrots.
2.Add lemon juice and broth to the cooker.
3.Cover and place the cooker on HIGH for 2-4 hrs.
4.Cook the vegetables until tender.
5.In a bowl, mix cornstarch with water.
6.Put the cornstarch solution and... - 42.818
Elegant White Salad
Dissolve gelatin in cold pineapple juice.
When dissolved, add hot juice, sugar and lemon juice.
Then add half and half; refrigerate. (Mixture looks curdled at this point.)
When partly set, add extract and whipped cream.
Pour into ring mold.
When... - 42.7672
Rice Pudding With Apricot Sauce And Candied Violets
Rinse a saucepan with cold water and pour in the milk.
Add the verbena or lemon zest and rice and cook over a very low heat, stirring occasionally.
When the mixture simmers, stir the dissolved cornflour into the rice.
As the pudding thickens, stir more... - 42.765
Mix the sugar and water in a heavy-based saucepan and heat with care until it turns a rich, golden brown.
Remove from the heat and pour in the concentrated orange juice or squash, keeping your face and hands well out of the way.
Return the pan to the heat and... - 42.5839
Cheesy Chicken Burgers
1. Preheat the grill. Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the red pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer into a mixing bowl and reserve.
2. Add the chicken, yogurt, breadcrumbs, herbs and cheese and season to... - 42.2874
Creme De Menthe Jellies
1. In a teacup, , measure about four tablespoons of water and sprinkle gelatin into it and set it aside to soak
2. In a pan, measure quarter pint of water and the sugar and stir over low flame to dissolve; strain through a muslin cloth into a clean... - 42.1507
Cocoa Rum Warmed
1) Use a 1-quart saucepan to add milks and rum.
2) Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook the mixture for 3 minutes.
3) Add cocoa, coffee, sugar, and cinnamon and continue cooking by stirring, until cocoa and sugar are dissolved and mixture is... - 41.9757
Pour boiling water over the apricots and leave them to soak for at least 1 hour.
Drain the apricots and put them in the pressure cooker with the sugar and 300 ml (1/2 pint) water.
Put on the lid, bring to pressure and cook for 15 minutes.
Reduce pressure and... - 41.8958
Peel and remove the stones from 3 large ripe avocados.
Using a silver fork, crush the flesh and then beat with a wooden spoon until a smooth puree.
Combine with 1 tomato peeled, seeded and chopped finely, 2 cloves of garlic crushed with a garlic press (if not... - 41.7221
Cranberry And Currant Sauce
I1. In a sauce pan, heat the oil.
2. Add onions and fry for 5 mins.
3. Increase the heat and add some color drops,sugar, cinnamon sticks and currants.
4. Keep stirring till the sugar gets dissolved completely.
5. Add cranberries and wine into the pan... - 41.687
Wheat Hulwa Black
1. Prepare dough as for wheat hulwa (white). Leave overnight.
2. Pass through a fine cloth.
3. Dissolve molasses in the given water over gentle heat.
4. Grate coconut and extract coconut milk (about 1 lit.).
5. Mix together wheat, molasses syrup and coconut... - 41.6129
Zucchini And Yellow Squash
1. Take a 12-inch skillet, melt margarine or butter, add bouillon granules and stir it dissolves completely.
2. Add onions, yellow squash, mushrooms and zucchini and cook for medium heat for about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in lemon-pepper seasoning, lemon... - 41.4987
Sweet Pepper Casserole
Place the cutlets under a hot grill for 5 minutes, turning once.
Place in a casserole and keep hot.
To make the sauce, fry the onions in the butter and oil until transparent.
Add the pepper, tomatoes, sugar and the stock cube, dissolved in 150 ml (1/2 pint)... - 41.3808
Spiced Hot Cranberry Punch
1) In a 1-quart measuring cup, add cranberry juice, cloves and cinnamon stick to combine.
2) Microwave at HIGH for 5 minutes.
3) Cover and let the mixture stand for 1 minute.
4) Remove spices.
5) Fold in sugar to stir until dissolved.
6)... - 41.3246
Tomato Ring Mould With Avocados
Simmer 18 oz. tomato juice, 1 pinch sugar, 1 tablespoon grated onion, 1 bay leaf, 1 level teaspoon dried sweet basil, for S minutes.
Dissolve 2 oz. gelatine in 3 tablespoons cold water.
Let stand 5 minutes.
Add to strained tomato juice.
Stir until... - 40.9597
In blender container sprinkle gelatin over cold water to soften; add boiling water.
Process to dissolve.
Add 3/4 of diced banana, milk, sweetener if desired, lemon juice, and food coloring.
Process until smooth.
Add ice cubes, one at a time, processing after... - 40.8514
Apple Maple Syrup
1. Add water to spiced apple syrup to equal 2/3 cup.
2. In saucepan, combine the liquid with sugar and cornstarch.
3. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
4. Place pan over low flame and stir continuously until the syrup is thick and come to a... - 40.8388
1. Wash and soak prunes overnight in water.
2. Stew with lime rind till soft.
3. Add sugar and cinnamon and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Take out cinnamon and lime rind.
5. Remove stones from the prunes and cut up roughly.
6. Measure prunes and juice and make up to... - 40.746
Cider Gelatin Salad
Sprinkle gelatin on combined cold water and lemon juice to soften.
Add hot cider and sugar and stir until dissolved.
When mixture begins to set, fold in apple and celery.
Turn into 6 individual molds and chill until firm.
Unmold; serve on lettuce and... - 40.723
To obtain pomegranate juice, remove pomegranate seeds, making sure no yellow membrane remains.
Place seeds in several thicknesses of cheesecloth.
Crush seeds and drain off juice.
Mix juice with lime juice.
Sprinkle gelatin on cold water.
Let stand for 5... - 40.6535
1) Take a saucepan and mix all the ingredients together.
2) Heat gently until the sugar melts.
3) Stir continuously and cook to soft ball stage (about 232 degree).
4) Remove from heat and stir in pecans.
5) Arrange the pecans on a waxed paper and... - 40.6315
Refrigerator Fruit Parfait
Line 2 refrigerator pans (4 x 8 1/2 inches each) with half-inch slices of angel food cake.
Sprinkle with sherry wine, cherries and nuts.
Soften gelatin in the 3 tablespoons water and dissolve over hot water.
Cook sugar and water to soft ball stage (234°... - 40.5249
Add 1 envelope gelatin to 3/4 cup tomato juice in saucepan.
Let stand 5 minutes.
Add steak sauce.
Heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved.
Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1 cup tomato juice.
Pourinto 2-qt.mould and chill until set, but... - 40.5171
Sprinkle gelatine over lemon juice, dissolve over hot water.
Place pineapple juice, wine and sugar in saucepan, stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
Remove from heat, stir gelatine into pineapple mixture.
Leave to cool.
Drain pear halves and place... - 40.3419
Green Tomato Chutney
Peel and chop the tomatoes, apples and shallots finely, or mince.
Tie the bruised ginger and chillies in muslin.
Put all ingredients into a large saucepan or preserving-pan and heat gently, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
Continue to simmer, until... - 40.2981
Citrus Iced Tea
Place tea bags in teapot or medium bowl.
Pour in boiling water.
Let stand 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove tea bags.
Add sugar; stir until dissolved.
In 2-quart pitcher stir together all remaining ingredients except orange slices.
Stir in tea.
Serve over ice; garnish... - 40.0669
1. Mix together buttermilk and flour and set aside for 1/2 to 1 hour.
2. Add salt and more water to form a pouring batter (dosa batter).
3. Heat 60 gm. fat. Add chopped green chillies, ginger, curry leaves and mustard seeds.
4. When the seeds crackle, pour... - 40.0574
1) In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine together the lemon juice and sugar ad stir till the sugar has completely dissolved.
2) Add the heavy cream and stir well.
3) Into a meta ice-cube tray which has sections, pour the concoction and allow it to... - 40.0422
Berry Ice Cream
1) Take a small bowl and add water and gelatin to it. Place the bowl atop a pan of hot water, to enable the gelatin to dissolve.
2) Take a mixing bowl and combine fruit puree and lemon juice in it. Add sugar as per taste and blend well.
3) Now, pour... - 39.9045
Country Style Vanilla Ice Cream
In a large saucepan, heat 2-1/2 cups milk to 175°; stir in the sugar until dissolved.
Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the eggs.
Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats... - 39.9025
Have baked tart shells ready.
Slice berries and fill.
Small berries may be left whole.
Put water, sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan.
Heat and stir until it boils and thickens.
Remove from heat.
Stir to dissolve.
Put saucepan in cold... - 39.7968
1. In a large bowl, soften the gelatin in cold water
2. Dissolve the gelatin by placing the bowl over another bowl with hot water
3. Allow to cool
4. Meanwhile, mix the whole cranberry sauce, the crushed pineapple, California walnuts... - 39.5694
Seville Orange Marmalade
Prepare the fruit.
Tie the pips in a bag, dangle it in the pan and secure the string to the handle.
Add all the juice which has been expressed and the water and lemon juice.
Bring to the boil and then reduce to a gentle simmer until the peel is soft and the... - 39.3898
Crab And Broccoli Soup
Saute chopped onion in butter.
Blend in flour.
Add milk and cream; heat thoroughly, stirring constantly.
Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot soup.
Add seasonings, broccoli, and crabmeat.
Serve with French bread and white wine. - 39.3115
1) Mix together coffee, milk, sugar, and vanilla and stir until sugar dissolves.
2) Refrigerate to chill until ready to serve.
3) Stir in whipping cream and rum to coffee mixture immediately before serving.
4) Take a punch bowl and scoop ice... - 39.1721
In a small heavy saucepan, heat the milk to 175°; stir in the sugar until dissolved.
Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks.
Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
Add lemon peel.
Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least... - 39.128
Mixed Bean Salad
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar lis dissolved.
Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
In a large salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
Drizzle with dressing; toss to... - 39.1144
Scald the milk; mix sugar, salt, and flour with the beaten egg.
Pour the hot milk slowly over the egg mixture, while stirring, then return to double boiler, and cook over boiling water until thick, stirring constantly.
Just before using,... - 38.8699
Christmas Popcorn Balls
1. To pop popcorn: Heat oil in heavy, 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. To test temperature of pan, add 1 kernel of com; cover pan and shake often. When kernel pops, add 1/2 cup popcorn in a single layer; cover; shake pan often. Continue until all corn in... - 38.7518
1. Prepare a syrup of one string consistency with water and sugar. Add the rose water.
2. Pass the mawa through a sieve. Add crushed cardamoms, sieved arrowroot and a little cold water in which the soda bicarbonate has been dissolved.
3. Make a salt dough... - 38.7335
Caramelized Apple And Chicken Casserole
Marinate the chicken joints in the cider and lemon rind for at least 2 hours.
Drain and pat dry.
Brown the pieces lightly in butter or oil.
Put the apple and onion into a heavy saucepan or casserole and pour on a little of the cider to stop the apple from... - 38.7172
Risotto Alla Milanese
1. Melt two tablespoons of the butter and the marrow (or an equal quantity of butter) in a heavy saucepan, add the onion and saute until the onion is golden.
2. Add the rice and stir over medium heat until the rice becomes opaque, about three minutes. Add the... - 38.5603
Strawberry Spinach Salad
In a large skillet, cook and stir almonds and sugar over low heat until the sugar is dissolved and the almonds are coated.
Spread on foil to cool; break apart.
In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, strawberries and almonds.
In ajar with a tight-fitting lid,... - 38.1984
1. Separate whites and yolks of eggs carefully. Keep yolks aside for sauce.
2. Whisk whites very stiffly.
3. Add sugar gradually.
4. Dissolve gelatine in warm water and add drop by drop to the sugar and egg mixture.
5. Add vanilla essence.
6. Separate into 3... - 38.1393
Grapefruit And Ginger Compote
1. In a large, heavy saucepan add the white wine and sugar and heat
2. Once the sugar dissolves, add the frozen grapefruit segments
3. Cover the saucepan and let it simmer for half an hour or until the fruit is well thawed and blended
4. Add in all the... - 38.1344
True Chocolate Frosting
1) Take a pan of hot water and melt chocolate, butter and shortening by placing them over it.
2) Add hot milk to a mixture of salt and sugar and dissolve the sugar by stirring.
3) Add vanilla before adding the chocolate mixture and beat to blend... - 38.1164
Tropical Peanut Squares
1) Take a large saucepan and put corn syrup and sugar into it.
2) Cook this over medium heat stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar, until the mixture bubbles.
3) Add in peanut butter after removing from heat.
4) Stir in cereal and coconut until... - 38.0715
Strawberry Sparkle Punch
1) In a blender container, add the strawberries and blend at low speed until pureed.
2) In a cup of boiling water, add and stir the strawberry-flavored gelatin, until dissolved.
3) Stir in the frozen lemonade concentrate, until melted.
4) Mix in the... - 38.0319
A Favorite Old Fashioned Cocktail
1. In a cocktail shaker add the sugar, cold water and bitters and crush using a muddler.
2. Fill an old fashioned or sour glass with a few ice cubes.
3. Pour the bitters syrup and the whiskey over the ice.
4. Give a good stir to blend.
5.... - 38.0104
Summer Strawberry Cake
Prepare cake batter according to package directions.
Pour batter into lightly greased 10-inch microwave tube pan.
Microwave at HIGH 6 to 7 minutes.
Rotate pan 1/2 turn after 3 minutes.
Remove from pan.
Crumble cake into bite-size pieces.
Microwave... - 37.9619
Fennel Rye Bread
Combine the yeast, sugar and water and let stand until foamy.
Meanwhile, mix the next seven ingredients together and beat well.
Add the dissolved yeast and work in enough all-purpose flour to make a stiff dough.
Knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
Place in a... - 37.6166
Lemon Zucchini Pickles
Cut unpeeled zucchini into thin slices about 1/16th inch thick.
Combine in large bowl with green pepper, onion, salt, and celery seed.
Mix gently and let stand 1 hour.
Dissolve sugar in lemon juice and pour over vegetables.
Add lemon slices and mix... - 37.4969
Framingham Fudge Sauce
Melt chocolate in cream in saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
Add sugar, salt and corn syrup.
Cook and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
Remove from heat.
Stir in butter and cinnamon.
Serve warm over cake, pudding, ice... - 37.4894
Apple Strawberry Chiffon
In blender container sprinkle gelatin over cold water to soften.
Add boiling water; process until dissolved.
Add milk, strawberries, sweetener, and extract.
Process until smooth.
Add ice cubes, two at a time, processing after each addition.
Fold apple into... - 37.4795
In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water.
Let stand for 3 to 4 minutes to soften.
Stir over very low heat until dissolved; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and Roquefort cheese.
Beat with electric mixer until light and... - 37.4223
Soften gelatin in cold water and dissolve over low heat.
Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
Put in large mixer bowl with corn syrup and vanilla extract.
Beat at high speed for 15 minutes, or until mixture is very thick and of marsh-mallow consistency.
Cover... - 37.4024
Combine cornflour and water in the top of a double boiler.
Place over boiling water.
Cook till thick and transparent.
Remove from heat.
Cool, stirring frequently.
Liquidise together vinegar, garlic, chilli powder, salt and sugar.
It should become a smooth... - 37.3718
Wine Cranberry Molds
1. Take a sliced pear with lay it down on the bed of lettuce greens on a salad plate.
2. Mix softened cream cheese, milk and blend the mixture until it becomes soft.
3. Coat each pear half with the cream cheese.
4. Halve the grapes and deseed them.... - 37.3044
Grape Ice Cream
1) Take a saucepan and dissolve sugar in water, and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook until the mixture acquires consistency of a syrup (217°F). Allow to cool the syrup.
2) In a deep bowl, beat the egg yolks until frothy, whilst, gradually adding the... - 37.0851
Caramel Blanc Mange
Sift the 1/3 cup sugar into a skillet and heat, stirring constantly until sugar melts to an amber-colored liquid.
Carefully add the hot water and continue to stir over low heat until the caramel is entirely dissolved.
Then remove from heat.
Mix cornstarch... - 37.0277
Kidneys Italian Style
1. Remove membrane and fat from the kidneys and roll in seasoned flour.
2. Chop the bacon and fry with the kidneys until brown. Add the beef cube dissolved in the water and simmer until the kidneys are tender.
3. Add the tomatoes, almonds, garlic, olives,... - 36.9985
Egg Foo Yong
1) Take a saucepan and blend bouillon, soy sauce, and water.
2) Cook in low heat until bouillon dissolves completely.
3) Mix in cornstarch and half cup water and add in the bouillon mixture.
4) Cook in low heat until thickened, stir... - 36.9282
Stewed Brandied Tutti Frutti
1. Into a stone crock of at least two and one-half gallons capacity, pour the cognac. Add the pineapple and an equal amount of sugar. Cover the crock tightly.
2. As each fruit comes into season, add it with an equal weight of sugar. Stir up the sugar from the... - 36.8104
Beets With Horseradish
1) In a bowl, combine the beets and apple.
2) Add the caraway seeds and horseradish.
3) In a 2-quart saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar and salt.
4) Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved, then simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
5) Pour the... - 36.765
1. Wash and dry a 300ml or ½ pint soda bottle.
2. In a saucepan, combine water, malt extract, sugar and citric acid.
3. Place the pan on a medium flame and bring to a boil.
4. Take pan off the heat and cool slightly before pouring it... - 36.6962
In a saucepan, soften gelatin in half of the vegetable-juice cocktail.
Stir over low heat till gelatin is dissolved.
Remove from heat and beat in cream cheese with rotary beater.
Stir in remaining cocktail, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and onion... - 36.6337
Red Currant Jelly
Wash the fruit and put it in the pressure cooker with the water.
Put on the lid and bring to medium (10 lb) pressure.
Cook for 5 minutes.
Reduce pressure slowly.
Strain the fruit through a jelly cloth or 2-3 thicknesses of muslin.
Measure the extract, return... - 36.5939
1. Place the gooseberries in a pan with the elderflower heads tied in muslin if using, and 2 tablespoons water. Cover and cook gently for 10-15 minutes, until soft. Remove the elderflowers and cool slightly.
2. Place in a food processor or blender and work... - 36.481
Cranberry Star Mold
In saucepan, combine gelatin and cranberry sauce.
Heat and stir till almost boiling and gelatin is dissolved.
Stir in undrained pineapple and ginger ale.
When fizzing has stopped, pour into 5-cup star-shaped mold.
Chill till set.
Unmold on serving... - 36.3974
Sweet Almond Jelly
Soak agar-agar in water for 30 minutes.
Drain and put into 1 pint of boiling water.
Simmer until dissolved, then add the evaporated milk, 2 teaspoons almond essence and 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar.
Remove from the heat, stir well and pour into a clean bowl.
When... - 36.3717
Strawberry Ka Cream Pudding
Mix strawberries, raisins and ground sugar together and cook till soft.
Make into a puree.
Whip 1 cup of cream and mix slowly with the puree.
Add custard and gelatine dissolved in 3 tbsp of warm water.
Whisk the egg whites and add to the mixture.
Fold in well... - 36.3519
Sparkling Fruit Cooler
1) In a large plastic or glass pitcher, add the contents of drink mix.
2) Pour in juices and water. Stir all together to dissolve.
3) Pour in gin.
4) Use a tall glass, to serve on ice cubes and garnish with lemon slices. - 36.2065
Make a simple syrup by combining sugar and water and heating in a double boiler until sugar dissolves.
Cover bottom of a 1 cup measuring cup with simple syrup.
Reserve extra syrup for use in doubling.
Add syrup to milk, bourbon, and vanilla.
Serve in... - 36.1734
1. Prepare a custard with the yolk of eggs, sugar and milk.
2. Add gelatine dissolved in warm water.
3. Allow to cool and add the flavouring.
4. Beat whites of eggs very stiffly and fold into the custard.
5. Keep bowl over ice or in cold water and stir... - 36.1041