- » Diabetic Breakfast
Diabetic Breakfast Recipes
Diabetic breakfast is a special breakfast menu for people suffering from diabetes. It is very important to maintain the intake of calories for such patients. The breakfast should not exceed 380 kcal each day. It is ... More »
Heart-healthy Sweet Potato And Pecan Waffle
This waffle is breakfast made the right way! A breakfast that you can have anytime of the day because it is so healthy and well balanced. Made with a blend of whole wheat flour, sweet potato and egg substitute these waffles are almond milk-moist with a golden... - 128.827
Quinoa With Raisins And Apricots
Quinoa for breakfast? A great start to a great day. Rich in protein and fiber that is vital for cancer prevention. A great recipe that includes raisins and apricots. Watch this video to learn how to best cook quinoa. - 123.733
Barley And Mung Bean Khichadi
Join Toby in preparing this excellent Indian staple dish on loan from fellow Registered Dietitian Gita Patel from Gita's new book "Blending Science with Spices". This diabetes-friendly side dish is rich in soluble and insoluble fiber and traditional Indian... - 105.735
Banana Spice Bread
1. Grease a 9-inch X 5-inch X 3-inch loaf pan with butter or oil. You can use two 8 1/2-inch X 4 1/2-inch X 2 1/2-inch pans if you like.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
3. Into a medium, dry bowl, sift together first... - 52.0894
Vermicelli Kitchdi (semiya Upma)
Vermicelli Kitchdi is a very simple, quick breakfast. Vermicelli will be easily available in any indian store, can be bought and stocked for months. Try this and enjoy! - 48.6786
Double Wheat Waffles
1) In a measuring cup, mix together egg yolks, oil, honey and water and put aside.
2) Into the work bowl of the food processor,add the wheat flour, soy flour, baking powder, wheat germ, milk powder and salt and pulse on/off to order to mix.
3)... - 48.5113
Pumpkin Spice Walnut White Bean Muffins
Starting with the Recipe for Black Bean Brownies, I have altered the Recipe to make these delicious Slow-low Carb Muffins that are completly Flour and Glutin Free. A Yummy Way to Start the day for anyone looking to lower thier Carb intake. - 45.7391
Pumpkin Crescent Rolls
Line a large baking sheet with foil; set aside.
In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt.
Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
In a small bowl combine pumpkin, oil, and brown sugar.
Add all at once to the flour... - 43.5748
Broken Wheat Upma
Broken wheat upma is an indian preparation that is commonly served as breakast or a filling snack. Cooked with veggies and flavored with onions, ginger and green chiliezs, the upma is garnished with fresh coriander leaves.This is a special low sugar recipe... - 43.2053
Apple porridge is a delicious and nutritious porridge that can be served for breakfast. Made with broken wheat and rolled oats, the porridge is pressure cooked with milk and flavored with cinnamon powder. Served with added apples and sugar or sweetner, the... - 42.7917
Are you diabetic and looking for Bran Biscuit Recipe? Then this is a perfect recipe for you. This is a diabetic friendly recipe. This biscuit is not only delicious but also very nutritious . You must try this bran biscuits recipe. - 42.4367
Sweet Corn Salad..
You don't want to over bear the flavor of the fresh corn - just enough to enhance the flavor.
* To make chiffonade: Stack basil leaves, then cut across the stack to make small "ribbons."
Scrape the corn kernels from the ears of corn by using a sharp... - 40.9458
Creamy Sardines On Toast
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and thyme and cook until the onion is soft but not brown.
Add the remaining ingredients except the bread and warm through, stirring to combine.
Season with black pepper to taste.
Preheat the grill.
Toast the... - 39.8408
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
Soak the figs in the Pernod and tea for 2 hours.
Combine the figs with the remaining ingredients except the toast and anchovies.
Spread the fig mixture on the toast and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
Cut each... - 39.4093
Oat Raisin Pancakes With Sausages
1. In blender process oats into powder; add milk, egg, flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda and process until combined. Transfer to medium mixing bowl; add raisins and stir to combine. Let batter stand for 10 minutes.
2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet or... - 37.3793
Mini Vegetable Quiches
In medium nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, saute vegetables and green onions in margarine until tender.
Arrange 4 tortilla pieces in each of 8 (6-ounce) greased custard cups or ramekins, placing points of tortilla pieces at center of bottom of each... - 36.8428
English Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Place muffin halves on baking sheet or broiler pan.
3. Combine yogurt, mustard and tarragon in small bowl; stir until well blended. Spread 1/4 of yogurt mixture evenly over each muffin half. Top each muffin half with Canadian bacon and... - 36.4672
Scrambled Egg Burritos
1. Spray medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Add bell pepper, green onions and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
2. Add egg substitute to vegetables. Reduce heat to low.... - 36.1359
Sausage And Red Pepper Strata
1. Spray medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add sausage, oregano and red pepper flakes, if desired. Cook until browned. Drain on paper towels.
2. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with... - 35.951
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Combine soup, egg substitute, milk, mushrooms, if desired, green onions, mustard, salt, if desired, and pepper in medium bowl; mix well.
3. Combine bread cubes,... - 35.2835
Date Bran Muffins
Cream shortening and sugar; add egg and beat well.
Stir in milk, bran, and dates.
Sift dry ingredients together; add to date mixture, stirring just till moistened.
Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full.
Bake in hot oven (425°) 20 to 25 minutes. - 35.1088
1. Spray large nonstick ovenproof skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add broccoli and potatoes; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
2. Whisk together... - 34.8132
Ragi puttu is a very healthy variation of the puttu (steamed cake as non keralities call it). Ragi is a cereal, which offers immense health benefits over other known fast breakfast cereals available in the market. This puttu makes a good breakfast and snack... - 34.7044
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Place currants in small mixing bowl. Add water; let stand 10 minutes. Drain and discard water.
2. Combine flour, cornmeal, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda... - 34.2566
Cornflakes Apple Cream Topping
Cornflake apple cream topping is a great delicious and my favourite quick breakfast. Healthy yet tasty dish to relish all-day..! - 33.896
Potato And Onion Frittata
In 8-inch nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, saute potato, onion, garlic and pepper in margarine until tender.
Pour evenly into skillet over potato mixture.
Cook, without stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked on bottom and almost set on top.... - 33.4691
1. In a 1-1/2-quart casserole, boil water on High for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add oats and stir.
3. Cook on High for 1 minute.
5. Cook on Low for 2 minutes.
6. Cool for just few minutes and serve in a bowl. - 33.3388
Cream Of Wheat
1. In a 1-1/2-quart casserole, boil water on High for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add cream of wheat and stir well.
3. Cook on High for 1 minute.
5. Cover and cook on Low for 2 minutes.
6. Cool it down for a few minutes before serving. - 33.1377
Ravioli With Tomato Pesto
1. Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, basil, pine nuts, oil, salt and pepper in food processor. Process using on/off pulsing action just until ingredients are chopped. Serve over ravioli. Top with cheese. - 32.4683
Oats puttu is a healthy variation of a rice puttu, consumed in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. This puttu tastes more like a wheat puttu, which is prepared using wheat flour. Oats is the largest source of fiber and protein, and it is a popular breakfast cereal... - 31.4194
Gothambu dosa or wheat crepe is a healthier version of ari uzhunnu dosa (rice dosa) and it usually served for breakfast. This dosa is a boon to diabetics, who are told to avoid rice dosas in order to stay healthy. - 31.0228
In mixing bowl thoroughly stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Combine egg, milk, and cooking oil; add all at once to dry ingredients, beating till blended.
Bake on hot, lightly greased griddle. - 29.9877
Gothambu puttu or wheat puttu is prepared in the same way as rice puttu with the only difference that rice flour is replaced by wheat flour. This puttu is served as a breakfast dish and is good for diabetics. - 29.6044
This dish can be eaten as a breakfast food or as supper. Doctors prescribe wheat porridge for diabetic patients as part of their menu. It is a very light food. - 29.0244
Hot Rolled Oats With Pineapple
1. Drain pineapple; measure liquid. Add water to make 1 1/2 cups.
2. In medium saucepan, bring pineapple liquid and salt to boiling.
3. Add oats, and cook as package label directs.
4. Serve hot, topped with cold pineapple chunks. No sugar or milk needed. - 25.8059
Healthy "banana Mash"
Healthy, easy, QUICK breakfast for those who want to lose some extra weight, or are looking to just be a little healthier. The banana has potassium, the flax seed helps your digestive tract, the almond milk is a nice replacement for milk as well as containing... - 24.5302
Reduced Fat, High Protein, Potato Frittata
What better than a healthy high protein start to your day? The 'Potato frittata' can qualify as a nutritious and satisfying breakfast that keeps one going, owing to its high quality protein value. - 0
Quick and refreshing, prefect as a pre-workout meal, snack or a morning beverage. No sugar added, thus great for diabetics too. - 0
Healthy Cheese Omelette
Perfect breakfast for a lazy Sunday made with just right amount of cheese and delectable mushroom sauce. Can impress any egg lover or for that matter even a non egg lover. - 0
Nourishing Jalapeno Garlic Cheesy Grits
The term "grits" is derived from the Old English word "grytt," which means a 'coarse meal'. It defines the true nature of this very wholesome ingredient that has been used down the ages in preparing corn-based porridge - a staple Native-American breakfast... - 0
Protein Rich Indian Style Baked Beans On Toast
Baked Beans continues to be popular breakfast item in many parts of the world. It makes for a great beginning to the day, providing plenty of essential proteins that are important to kick start the metabolism and keep you going strong till the next meal. - 0
This is one simple dosa to make when you don't have your regular dosa batter in stock. It is often prescribed for diabetics, although with less oil. So go ahead and make it whenever you want a different type of dosa. - 0
Oats Rava Palak Dhokla (zero Oil)
You might have tried a variety of dhoklas with various flours, flavours and tempering, but have you ever tried a combination of oats, semolina and spinach for your dhokla batter? this nutritious combo gives you all essential nutrients including vitamins,... - 0
Whole Wheat French Toast With Quick Berry Sauce
1. In a medium bowl add in the strawberries and raspberries. Microwave for 5 minutes until hot and soft.
2. Take out the bowl from the microwave and add in the sugar free instant strawberry gelatin. Mix well and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl add in... - 0
Join Toby as she prepares a wonderful casserole, recipe courtesy of Mary Lynn Farivari (Healthy Palate, 2010, Parsley Pub.), and discusses the health benefits of working egg substitute into you diet along with whole eggs. - 0
Diabetic Breakfast Recipes By Category
Diabetic Breakfast Course: