- » Diabetic
Diabetic diet is meant for people who are suffering from diabetes. These dishes are specially formulated to meet the dietary requirements of patients to help build enough energy for them to perform daily ... More »
Herbed Roasted Vegetables
Roasted Vegetables make a great meal! Don’t you agree? This is a recipe which makes a great side. The vegetables are well flavored with several herbs. The roasted garlic added at the end, really spices up that flavor. A great dish which is not only... - 143.026
Baked Crab Rangoon
Crab Rangoon that you can make at home? And, it's baked, not fried? Yum! Michele McAdoo for the Kraft Kitchens shows you the easy way to make this popular appetizer in the comfort of your own kitchen. Just be ready for guests to drop by more often. This Baked... - 138.351
Healthy Valentine Cookie – Making The Dough - Part 1
Cater to your sweet tooth but take care of your health as well. This recipe of Healthy valentine cookie will help you do just that. This video shows the initial steps for preparing the cookie. Click on the video to see what is up. - 137.668
Healthy Valentine Cookie – Baking - Part 2
This video is the second part of the video showing the recipe of Healthy Valentine cookie. It starts after the dough preparation and completes the recipe till the topping is done. Happy Valentine’s day! - 136.918
Quick Steak Salad
Nikki Shaw for the Kraft Kitchens shows how to make a quick & easy grilled steak salad. Grilled steak, yellow peppers, romaine lettuce, sliced tomatoes and crumbled cheese. Quick, easy and delicious! - 135.85
Oven-fried Crunchy Chicken Fingers
Fried chicken is yummy but so messy and well don’t even think about the calories! Why burn your fingers and add to the fat on your tummy when you can get the same crunchiness without frying? Victoria Paikin shows you her healthy version of crumb fried... - 135.486
Vegan Oven-baked Bean Casserole
You won't miss the meat in a batch of tangy, sweet vegetarian baked beans. If you are a vegetarian, you're going to love this meatless version of the classic boston baked beans. It's a yummy side dish that's full of flavor, protein and fiber. These easy baked... - 134.537
Bitter Gourd Curry
If you like eating Bitter Gourd, then you should try this recipe out. In India we call it Karela. It is simply amazing and is easy to cook. This vegetable is rich in minerals. You can cook Bitter Gourd with other vegetables such as onion, potato and tomato. - 134.444
Pear And Sour Cherry Crisp From Chef Marisa Churchill
Marisa Churchill, is here to help us celebrate the new year by satisfying our sweet tooth.
This recipe is great for diabetes or people who want to have less sugar. You can indulge without any guilt on this delicious Pear and Sour Cherry Crisp recipe this... - 132.783
Apple Oatmeal Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, grease muffin tin/s and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
3. Add the oil, soy milk and applesauce, mix well and stir in the diced... - 132.658
Healthy Roasted Cauliflower
When most people think of ways to cook the much disliked cauliflower they will come up with either boiling or gratinating. It may seem strange, but cauliflower is absolutely fantastic when lightly roasted, a great cooking technique because it brings out the... - 130.007
Vegan Caramel Corn
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Divide the popcorn between 2 large bowls.
4. In a large saucepan melt the margarine over medium heat.
5. Stir in the sugar, corn syrup and salt... - 129.387
Heart-healthy Sweet Potato And Pecan Waffle
This waffle is breakfast made the right way! A breakfast that you can have anytime of the day because it is so healthy and well balanced. Made with a blend of whole wheat flour, sweet potato and egg substitute these waffles are almond milk-moist with a golden... - 128.788
Sugar Free Blueberry Crumble Bars
I made this recipe to honor National Diabetes Month. My friends at Pyure Brands asked me to come up with a recipe that would be perfect to use with the Stevia Sweetener and this is what I came up with! It’s so easy to make, sugar free, and delicious! - 127.83
Perfect Pumpkin Pie
Looking for a perfect pie to make for Thanksgiving or the Holidays? Check out this recipe of Perfect Pumpkin Pie. Easy to make, this pie makes for a delicious dessert for your family or a mouth-watering dessert that goes well with wines for a party. So suit... - 127.114
Quinoa With Raisins And Apricots
Quinoa for breakfast? A great start to a great day. Rich in protein and fiber that is vital for cancer prevention. A great recipe that includes raisins and apricots. Watch this video to learn how to best cook quinoa. - 124.567
Black Bean Tortilla Dip & Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella Skewers. Two appetizers you can make in no time. Seveda Williams, a type 2 diabetic, and Catherine Schuller, an image & style advisor, trade recipes and tips for making these diabetic friendly treats. - 124.298
Almond And Date Loaf
Looking for recipes for someone who is a diabetic? Treat them this time with an easy to make and simply delicious, almond and date loaf. Made from just 4 ingredients and no sugar, this loaf is just terrific. Watch the video and do try it out now… - 122.635
Diabetes Friendly "lasagna"
We know that diabetics have a tough time dealing with the condition. They cannot eat many dishes due to the high fat or oil content but this simpler version of a classic dish is a must taste. - 119.669
Sugar-free Vanilla-butter Cookies
It's the last day of my Sugar Free November project! I wanted to share one last recipe with you ;) Vanilla-Butter Cookies, sweetened with Stevia! - 119.506
Join Toby as she prepares this wonderful side dish on loan from Registered Dietitians Meri Raffetto and Wendy Jo Peterson from their new book "The Mediterranean Diet Cookbook for Dummies" - 118.988
Do you like the flavor of ginger? If you don’t, then maybe you need to change your mind! Considering the health benefits of ginger, it is important to include it in your food. Here is a great ginger and melon salad. The sweetness of the melon comes together... - 117.572
Teriyaki Salmon Kababs
1. In a small bowl pour in sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic powder and lime juice. Whisk well.
2. Place salmon cubes in a Ziploc bag, pour in the marinade, seal the bag and roll to marinate well.
3. Keep the fish in the... - 116.688
Low Carb Black Bean Brownie
If you are on dieting, a low carb black bean brownie would be more than wonderful for your body and taste buds. In this video, chef makes a Black Bean Brownie that looks like a regular brownie and its low carb and high protein. It is as simple as a regular... - 116.267
Apple Pumpkin Softies
Kind of like a cookie, these delicious Apple Pumpkin Softies are incredibly soft and chewy. Made with apples and pumpkin, they are a perfect autumn dessert for the family. You'll want to make cookie recipes like this one year round. East to make, and even... - 116.051
Gingered Carrot Soup
Diane Hoch teaches you how to make Gingered Carrot Soup, a healthy appetizer that can also be served as an hors d'oeuvre. - 115.302
Better Than Fish Sticks
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl mix together flour, garlic powder, black pepper and parsley.
3. Take out the dry ingredient in a shallow dish.
4. In another shallow dish pour in the butter milk.
5. Grease the baking sheet with... - 115.151
Low Calories Raw Pumpkin Cheesecake
If you are a carb or mixed metabolic type then healthy dessert ideas for your body type can be a bit difficult to come up with. Watch this video where Luci Lock comes up with a really delicious healthy dessert for the calorie conscious and for those who are... - 114.919
Balsamic Tomatoes With Spinach
Join Toby in managing diabetes well by including this summer special side dish- low calorie, low carb and with the complex flavors of balsamic vinegar. - 114.622
Healthy Mexican Pizza
Join Toby preparing this speedy and healthy pizza recipe on loan from fellow Registered Dietitian Heidi McIndoo and her book "When To Eat What" - 113.472
Cherry-cocoa With Banana Smoothie
Do you like cherries? And cocoa? If you love them both, then how about a smoothie that combines them both? A wonderful combination, believe or not but these are both healthy for you!! Watch this video for a glass of antioxidant-filled smoothie. - 112.984
Low Carb Peanut Butter Cups
Chocolate and peanut butter are made to be together, which is why this is one of the tastiest recipes for diabetics. - 112.727
Halibut With Zucchini & Almond Salad
1. Season the halibut fillet with salt and pepper.
2. In a bowl combine lemon zest and chive, sprinkle mixture over the fillet. Set aside.
3. For Salad – trim the ends of the zucchini make thin ribbons.
4. In a large bowl combine... - 111.16
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
2. Cut the bell peppers into half, seeds and membrane removed.
3. Place the bell pepper in a microwave proof pan, cover with wax paper and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
4. Transfer the microwaved bell... - 111.108
Diabetes: Sweet Corn With Sesame Herb Crust
Diabetes can stop you from eating your favorite foods but there are always healthy and delicious alternatives. Sweet corn with sesame herb crust is a recipe or diabetics which is naturally sweet and has healthy sesame seeds flavored with freshly chopped... - 111.034
Diabetics- Friendly Thai Beef Skillet
For diabetics, controlling their day to day food for blood sugar control is important. This dish has the right balance of meat and veggies and it is great for a diabetic. Take a look at the video to learn how to cook for a diabetic. - 111.013
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease the cookie sheet with cookie spray.
3. Combine water, butter, and salt in saucepan.
4. Heat until boiling, for 30 seconds.
5. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously until mixture forms... - 110.412
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
2. For Making Tortilla Pizzas– Over a whole grain tortilla spread mozzarella slices, makes layers with pizza sauce, tomatoes, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, red onion, basil, mushroom and... - 110.408
Sweet Couscous With Almond And Pistachio
1. In a saucepan take water and juice, bring to a boil.
2. Stir in the couscous. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile in a grinding jar grind together almond and pistachio.
4. Remove the couscous from the heat. Stir in the ground nuts and margarine.... - 109.798
Snow Peas With Garlic And Ginger
1. In a bowl take jalapeno, ginger, garlic, turmeric and snow peas. Set aside.
2. Heat a heavy skillet and add in the cumin seeds. After cumin release its aroma pour in the canola oil.
3. Add in the snow peas mixture, stir well. Cover... - 109.778
Chicken Skewers Peanut Sauce
Looking for a delicious but easy diabetic meal? Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce is a great Chinese-inspired recipe when you need something low in sugar. Give it a shot today. Nutritional information included. - 109.527
Chicken And Rice Casserole
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. Grease the casserole with cooking spray.
3. In greased casserole spread rice, top with chicken, carrot, red onion and celery.
4. In chicken broth add in garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and... - 108.658
Lentil Salad With Avocado And Mango
Watch Toby Smithson (with some help) prepare this healthy and refreshing salad with the flavors of India, on loan from fellow Registered Dietitian Gita Patel and her new book "Blending Science with Spices". - 108.509
Banana Milk Shake
1. In a blending jar pour in banana, milk almond extract and ice cubes.
2. Blend the ingredients for a few minutes.
3. Pour the milkshake in a glass. Add the sweetener and stir well.
4. Serve banana milkshake with whole grain bread toast for... - 108.465
1. For the Dressing – In a medium bowl pour in lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and black pepper.
2. In a large salad bowl, place mush greens, strawberries, red onion and fresh basil.
3. Drizzle the dressing over... - 107.636
Diabetes: Salmon Pasta Salad
Do you love to eat pasta but want to keep calories under control? Here is Salmon pasta salad with Veggies recipe video that uses pasta for making colorful and healthy pasta. While the salad has lot of veggies like beans, tomatoes, zucchini, lettuce and... - 107.634
Blueberry And Peach Crisp
Join Toby as she prepares a diabetes-friendly dessert with fresh fruit. This recipe comes courtesy of Registered Dietitian Mary Lynn Farivari from her book "Healthy Palate", and it's the serving size for 23 grams of carbohydrate that will really get your... - 107.484
Portobello Mushrooms, Broccoli And White Beans
1. In a bowl take mushroom and pour in the balsamic vinegar, set aside.
2. In a large skillet pour in sesame and canola oil. Add in the ginger, garlic and red pepper. Sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add in the mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes.... - 107.201
Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole
Join Toby as she prepares this diabetes-friendly stuffed cabbage rolls recipe with no stuffing or rolling required. This dish comes courtesy of Brenda Ponichtera, RD from her book "Quick and Healthy, Volume II", and is remarkable good. - 107.114
Grilled Tuna And Cannellini Bean Salad
1. Preheat the grill, grease the rack with non-stick spray.
2. Season tuna steak with a dash of salt and pepper. Set aside for 10 minutes.
3. For dressing – in a jar combine lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Dijon... - 107.055
1. In a large bowl pour in the rice vinegar and add in the sugar substitute, dill and pepper. Whisk well.
2. Add in the cucumber and onion and toss well. Cover the bowl with saran wrap and marinade in the fridge for 120 minutes.
3. Serve... - 106.959
Quick Vegan Lentil Soup
Want to try out a nutritious dinner in minutes? A hot bowl of healthy and tasty vegan lentil soup would be a ideal thing for you. Lentils along with other vegetables gives ample nourishment along with exotic flavor. Learn to make this hearty delight with Chef... - 106.867
Apple And Walnut Salad
1. In a large bowl take orange juice, orange zest, honey and olive oil, whisk well.
2. Add in the apples and apricots to the dressing. Toss well, all the ingredients.
3. Stir in the walnuts and toss again.
4. Serve apple and walnut salad... - 106.407
Toby Smithson prepares a unique, diabetes-friendly side dish recipe from fellow Registered Dietitian Gita Patel's new book "Blending Science with Spices" - 105.991
Fresh Raw Berry Tarts
1. Add the nuts in a mixer and pulse.
2. Then add the dates into the mixer and pulse until it forms a texture that will hold together.
3. Press the mixture on to muffin cups in a muffin tray.
4. Top with fresh fruits or fruit pieces.
5. Refrigerate for... - 105.711
Barley And Mung Bean Khichadi
Join Toby in preparing this excellent Indian staple dish on loan from fellow Registered Dietitian Gita Patel from Gita's new book "Blending Science with Spices". This diabetes-friendly side dish is rich in soluble and insoluble fiber and traditional Indian... - 105.677
Quick Mexican Pizza
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. Line the baking sheet with aluminium foil.
3. Spread beans evenly over the tortillas.
4. Top with cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
6. Top the Quick... - 105.651
Black Bean Burgers
Join Toby in preparing this delicious veggie burger recipe from "Glycemic Index Cookbook for Dummies" by Registered Dietitians Meri Raffetto and Roseanne Rust. At only 15.5 net carb grams, it's agreat way to reduce saturated fat on burger day. - 105.563
Panko Chicken Tenders
Join Toby for some fast food on this video- a delicious chicken tender recipe developed by contributor Chef Lindsey Singleton. The kids (or grandkids) are going to love this if you decide to leave any for them. - 105.365
A wonderful, diabetes-friendly recipe from Brenda Ponichtera, RD. - 104.997
Tempeh Stir Fry
A tasty, meatless dish using marinated tempeh as a protein source (meat substitute). Going meatless is a great way to reduce saturated fats, lowering risks for diabetes-related heart disease. - 104.789
Sugar Free Red Velvet Cake
A friend of mine asked me to make this recipe for her. I was pleasantly surprised how nice it came out! Remember to visit www.TheAubergineChef.com to download this recipe for free, see more free how-to baking and pastry videos, and to read a blog full of... - 104.41
Stuffed Roasted Onions
A great side dish, rich in vitamins A and C, from "Good Food for Life" by Maggie Davis, RD, CDE - 104.167
Broccoli And Goat Cheese With Walnuts
Join Toby as she prepares this delicious vegetable dish courtesy of Connie Guttersen, RD, PhD from her new book "The New Sonoma Cookbook" (2011, Sterling Publishing). This dish proves again that managing diabetes and fabulous foods go hand in hand. - 104.049
Butternut Squash Fries
Try this "in demand" French fry alternative, courtesy of Dr. Janet Brill from her book "Cholesterol Down" - 103.918
Comforting, rich and meatless, no-beef Stoganoff is a tasty way to reduce saturated fat and red meat while keeping great taste. Join Toby in preparing this simple, diabetes-friendly favorite. - 103.552
Lindsey's Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
A healthy, diabetes-friendly stuffed pepper recipe using lean ground turkey and spices. Chef Lindsey Singleton developed this recipe for DiabetesEveryDay, and it's the featured dish in the weekly menu beginning September 26th, 2011 - 103.403
Crispy Cinnamon Wraps
How about dessert? Join Toby as she prepares a crispy and sweet, diabetes-friendly dessert with Won Ton wraps, cinnamon and sugar substitute....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - 102.9
Baked Polenta With Wild Mushrooms
A wonderful, diabetes-friendly dish by Meri Raffetto, RD and Roseanne Rust, MS, RD from their book "Glycemic Index Cookbook for Dummies" - 102.605
Sugar Free Strawberry Pie
This Sugar Free Strawberry Pie recipe was passed on to me by my dear grandmother, Peaches Smith. Once she found out that her two sons were diabetic, she set out on a venture to make delictable dishes that would become their favorites every time they visited. - 102.543
1. Melt the margarine in a pan over medium heat.
2. Sauté the shallot till translucent, add in the zucchini, cook until tender.
3. Add in the tomatoes, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper. Toss well.
4. Serve Zucchini Provencale with panko... - 102.443
Fruit On The Bottom Yogurt
Why buy fruit on the bottom yogurt, packed with sugar and fillers, when you can make it at home! Whether you make this for breakfast, school lunch, a snack or even as a healthy dessert, it's a fast, fresh and easy success. - 102.112
Chef's Special Spaghetti Squash
Are you looking for a healthy yet delicious way to include squash in your menu? This recipe is just right for you. Watch the video to learn an absolutely fabulous Spaghetti Squash recipe that is sure to impress all. - 102.11
Healthy Blueberry Muffins With Flaxseeds
Muffins made with farm fresh blueberries are replete with a delectable taste and aroma. This recipe shows an easy way of making muffins using fresh blueberries and heart healthy flax seeds.A recipe that can be baked at home and paired with some invigorating... - 101.919
Weight Watcher's Coleslaw
Is coleslaw your favorite but you are afraid of those calories? Here's a recipe specially handcrafted for you. Watch the chef churn out this super healthy variation of coleslaw that is certainly worth giving a try. Watch it now. - 101.779
Asian Shrimp & Tofu Stir Fry
A great dish with an Asian flair from Dr. Janet Brill's book "Cholesterol Down", featuring pineapple and ginger. This diabetes-friendly recipe is a winner. - 101.281
Steak, Tomato And Artichoke Hearts
1. In a large bowl place steak slices, add in artichokes, plum tomatoes and shallots.
2. Pour in the extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle oregano and red pepper. Toss all the ingredients well.
3. Make a bed of lettuce leaves on a serving plate,... - 101.203
Walking Tacos With Doritos
Made with Doritos, this low calorie meal is great for a busy weeknight dinner that is not only budget friendly, but also healthy. Walking Tacos with Doritos is packed with cheesy Doritos, ground turkey, and delicious taco seasonings. Topped with Cheddar... - 100.629
French Glazed Fish
Join Toby in preparing this simple sole recipe from fellow Registered Dietitian Brenda Ponichtera and her book "Quick & Healthy Recipes and Ideas", 3rd edition, 2008 by Small Steps Press. A little French dressing and apricot preserves turns plain fish into an... - 100.409
Check out this fabulous smokey chicken dish developed by our friend and contributor Lindsey Singletom.....this recipe is a keeper - 100.029
Raw And Organic Apple Raisin And Cinnamon Salad
Variety is the spice of life! Those on a raw and vegan food diet will agree with me when I say that it is really tough to find different breakfast and snack options. Well this recipe couples as both and is so delicious that you may not get bored of it. Watch... - 99.9839
Homemade Sugar-free Super-food Chocolate Bar
This bar is a delicious raw chocolate bar packed with super foods to create a delicious chewy, mmm mouthful. This super food sugar-free chocolate bar is so densely nutritionally packed, and what's more its all raw and brimming with energy and is good for your... - 97.649
Have you ever tried kneading pasta dough with avocado? Well it certainly gives the ravioli an interesting color! A vegan style ravioli….this recipe is prepared with bean mousse filling. Though each part of the recipe is very simply flavored, it still it... - 95.3157
Low Carb Reese’s Peanut Butter Dessert - Part 1 Base
How about keeping those carbs away from your desserts? The host of lowcarb4life is making a Low Carb Reese’s Peanut Butter Dessert Base in this video. She is making the base with peanut butter cookies made with 4 simple ingredients. These are low in carbs... - 95.2844
Low Carb Reese’s Peanut Butter Dessert - Part 2 Topping
In this Low Carb Reese’s Peanut Butter Dessert - Part 2 Topping, chef is showing the cool whip topping recipe made with homemade heavy cream. She tops it with 3 layers, firstly with cool whip, secondly with chocolate pudding which she showed in the first... - 94.4061
Chocolate Coated Banana
Yummy home made chocolate banana !!! This video shows how to prepare very own chocolate covered frozen banana. It tastes amazing. What is great about this video is the use of dark sugar free chocolates. This makes the recipe healthy and less worry some on the... - 91.818
Raw Goji Berry And Aloe Shake
This shake filled is with tons and tons of nutrients making it a “Super” healthy Shake that is going to get you super pumped! Made of goji berries, spinach, aloe and cacao, it is no doubt packed full of super foods and is something worth adding to your... - 90.8928
Diabetic Recipes By Category