Simple Homemade Soup
- » Delicious Soup
Delicious Soup Recipes
Enjoy our collection of delicious soup recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for delicious soup recipes.
Soup is one of the main dishes in a 3 course meal. Chef Paula brings to you the most delicious seafood soup that you have ever tasted. Paula is going to show you how to make the perfectly delicious Salmon Soup. Check out the video of how dish amazing soup is... - 112.848
Homemade Tomato Avocado Soup
There is nothing like homemade, hearty soup to fill your stomach on especially hungry days. Tomato avocado soup is a nutrient dense soup that is not only good for you, but also highly appeasing to the taste buds. - 96.5399
Corn And Vegetable Soup
Want a healthy and appetizing soup? Chef Manjula has a vegan soup that is free of meat based broth and yet it’s refreshing with the corn and vegetables. Like her other recipes, this soup is also easy to cook and great to taste. Highly recommended for a... - 95.0899
Tomato Soup Topped With Bread
If tomato soup is your ultimate soup, try this Tomato Soup Topped with Bread for some variation. This recipe makes a delicious appetizer which is more apt to serve during parties and get-together. The crunchy whole bread gives this soup an altogether new... - 94.9314
Vegetarian Manchow Soup
A quick soup without any effort? Here is Chef Vikas from Ching’s secret recipe showing you how to correctly prepare Ching’s instant Manchow soup! Watch the video and prepare your own in minutes! - 84.6283
Vegan Zucchini Cilantro Soup
Is your menu incomplete without a yummy appetizer? This video is just perfect for you. Watch the chef demonstrate a stepwise procedure to prepare Vegan Zucchini Cilantro Soup. This soup is sure to impress everyone in your dining room. - 82.0731
Yams make for hearty soups. This slow-cooker dish perfected with seasonings and additives is indeed irresistible. For a great tasting yam soup recipe, follow the step-by-step instructions on the same. A great way to fill up your stomach on hungry evenings. - 74.3511
Simple Freezer Soup
On busy winter days, when cooking can seem like a drag, having something tasty and healthy handy would surely appease. So rich and flavorful, you will hardly know that the soup is frozen. This recipe video shows you how to whomp up easy, inexpensive freezer... - 61.6175
This is a middle eastern inspired lamb and oat soup flavored with whole spices. Arabic soup is very nutritious and wholesome and can be eaten as a stew with bread. - 50.5604
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. In a small, shallow roasting pan, place the chicken, giblets, and lamb.
3. Bake for 15 minutes until the meat sears easily.
4. Discard excess fat if any.
5. In a large heavy pot, heat olive oil over... - 49.1275
Golden Dream Soup
1. Wash, peel and dice the carrots into ½ inch pieces.
2. Wash and cut the cauliflower into small florets.
3. Wash and cut zucchini into ½ inch dices.
4. Wash, string and cut beans into ½ inch pieces
5. In a large heavy bottomed... - 48.8849
November's Mystery Soup
1) In a large pot, saute the basil, oregano and onion in the oil until lightly golden.
2) Stir in the carrots and saute another 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the split peas and mix well to coat with the oil.
4) Pour the water, stir and allow to boil.
5) Stir... - 48.8374
La Soupe Al Oignon
1. Clean and peel the onions
2. Slice them into very fine slices
3. Slice the French bread
4. Rub the slices with a clove of garlic
5. Chop the bread into croutons and toast them
6. In a large pan, heat the butter
7. Add the onions and... - 47.2672
Great Northern Soup
1) In a saucepan place the beans with water to cover.
2) Cover the pan and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until the beans are almost tender.
3) Drain the beans and transfer to a bowl.
4) In the same pan, heat oil and sautÃ© the onions,... - 47.107
Paraguayan Dry Soup
1)Preheat the oven to 350 Deg F.
2) In a skillet, saute the onion in butter for 3 min until soft; add the corn and milk and simmer for about 5 min.
3) Remove the skillet from the heat, add the potatoes, salt, pepper, beaten egg... - 46.6973
1. In a large 8 1/2-quart pot, place the butter and heat it over medium heat
2. Add the onions and sautÃ© well for five minutes
3. Add the split peas, potatoes, carrots, ham bone, and water and bring the mixture to a boil
4. Skim the top of the... - 46.6315
Thin Stew Thick Soup
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Trim all the fat from the meat and cut the meat into cubes of 1-inch each.
3) In a paper of plastic bag, combine together the salt, pepper and flour. Add the cubes of meat, a few at a time, and... - 46.6222
1. Take a large pot with cold water and soak washed and drained chickpeas along with baking soda for about 8 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 250°F.
3. Place the pot with chickpeas on high heat with the soaking water and boil... - 46.5992
Combine celery, carrot, green pepper, and onion in slow-cooking pot.
Add broth, butter, salt, and pepper.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
Strain mixture; puree vegetables in blender and return to pot with broth.
Turn control to high.
Dissolve flour in... - 45.4856
Wor Won Ton Soup
In a food processor, place the small shrimp, pork, green onions, soya sauce, garlic, spice and salt.
Process for 1 minute.
Place a small amount of the mixture on a won ton wrapper.
Brush with water, fold over into a triangle.
Pull the three corners together... - 45.1936
1) In a skillet, saute the onion, celery seed and oregano in the oil for 5 minutes.
2) Stir in the chopped celery and saute for further 2 minutes.
3) Then stir in the black beans and pour in the stock into the skillet.
4) Allow to boil and simmer for ... - 45.0843
Home At Six Soup
1) Take a 6-quart Dutch stockpot or oven and in it cook onion and ground beef until the meat turns brown and the onion tenderizes.
2) Drain after that.
3) Next, stir in the undrained kidney beans, tomatoes, corn, basil, cumin, chili sauce and tomato... - 44.3695
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan or a stock pot, cover the vegetables with just enough water to steam them
2. Place the saucepan on a medium flame and bring the water to a boil
3. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer the root vegetables for 15... - 44.3315
Coconut And Cilantro Soup
1) In a medium-size saucepan, saute the chicken over a medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, until the chicken is crumbled and partially cooked.
2) Stir in the garlic and ginger, cook for about 1 minute, until the chicken is almost dry.
3)... - 44.1433
Cream Of Lentil Soup
1) Rinse lentils and drench in water for a whole night, without draining.
2) On the next day, pour in bouillon, vegetables and mustard and allow to come to boil.
3) Cover and simmer for 2 hours until lentils are very soft.
4) Pass the... - 43.9722
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, heat oil and saute the shallots, ginger, garlic, peppers and celery for about 5 minutes.
2) Add in the chicken stock, lime juice, coriander and ginger powder. Turn down the flame and allow the mixture to cook on simmer for... - 43.9013
Flounder Soup Gourmet
Remove any skin and bones from fish and cut into 1/4 inch cubes.
Place trimmings in saucepan with water, onion, parsley, lemon, bay leaf, allspice, peppercorns, and garlic; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Strain and save fish stock.
Melt butter; blend in... - 43.654
1. In a skillet or a heavy bottomed saucepan, dissolve the yeast in the water and tamari.
2. Stir in the celery seeds and seasonings.
3. Finally add the carrots and rice. Stir to mix.
4. Place the saucepan on a low flame and simmer the soup for... - 43.5714
Apple Spice Soup
To make soup, in a 3-quart saucepan combine apple juice, wine, water, mixed dried fruits, dried apples, tapioca, all-spice, and cloves.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
Bring fruit mixture to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Cool... - 43.3885
1) Rinse and break mushrooms into small pieces.
2) Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch cubes.
3) Stem and rinse the spinach leaves.
4) In a 4-quart saucepan, bring the mushrooms, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and the water to a boil over a high... - 43.3584
Sweet Corn Soup
1) In a saucepan melt butter and stir in chopped onion. Saute until transparent.
2) Pour corn on it.
3) Stir in milk and pepper.
4) Bring to boil, turn down heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5) Add diced red pepper and green onions. Stir and cook for... - 43.1962
Seven Green's Soup
1. Place a big saucepan on medium heat, add stock and bring till mixture starts simmering.
2. Place another big saucepan on medium heat, add 4 tbsp butter and melt it. Stir in lettuces, cabbage, parsley, spinach, garlic and alfalfa sprouts and sauté... - 42.9634
1) In a pan, saute the onion and herbs in the oil until transparent.
2) Stir in the vegetables and saute for 1 minute.
3) Pour in the soy milk and stock, then allow to simmer for 1 hour.
4) Sprinkle with thyme, oregano, mineral salt and black pepper,... - 42.9516
Fry minced pork for 5 minutes in a small pan in its own fat, adding a few drops of oil.
(This is almost dry frying.) Drain off any surplus fat.
Add chilli sauce or chilli powder.
Fry capsicum and onion in butter in a large saucepan for 5 minutes.
Stir in... - 42.8586
1) In a large saucepan heat fat.
2) Stir in scallions and fry till done.
3) Mix lettuce, curry powder, mint, and bouillon.
4) Stir and simmer covered for 4 to 5 minutes till lettuce tender.
5) In a blender puree the soup and add to saucepan with 1 cup... - 42.1207
1) In a medium saucepan, gently saute the onion in the melted butter over a medium-high heat until soft. Alternately, cook in the microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes.
2) Stir in the flour, lower the heat and cook gently for 2 minutes. Alternately, cook... - 41.9534
Coq D Or Soup
1) In a 4-quart saucepan, place the chicken. Cover with water and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook till the meat has tendered.
2) Remove tendered chicken from the broth and allow it to cool.
3) To the broth, add all the remaining ingredients except... - 41.7388
Granny Smith Soup
Peel, core and slice apples and place in a heavy based saucepan with chicken stock.
Finely grate rind and squeeze juice from lemon.
Add cinnamon, root ginger, breadcrumbs and lemon rind to saucepan.
Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10... - 41.5185
Canton Sub Gum Soup
1) Make the chicken broth or use canned broth of chicken.
2) Cut the meat into small slivers.
3) Take a bowl and beat the eggs wit the soy sauce until it turns frothy.
4) Mince the Chinese vegetables and parsley after draining them.
5)... - 41.4639
Soup With Cheese
1. In a large pan, heat the butter
2. Add the vegetables to the pan
3. Cook the vegetables for 6 minutes without browning
4. Add water and boil for 20 minutes
5. Sieve the vegetables and set aside the liquid
6. In a large blender jar, tip in the... - 41.2843
Seafarers' Soup With Pernod
1. Put the water and wine into a large heatproof bowl with the onion.
2. Remove the bones from the fish and add them to the bowl with the fish trimmings, parsley stalks and thyme. Cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 7 minutes.
3. Strain the stock... - 40.8378
In large saucepan or soup pot, melt butter; cook onion, stirring, until transparent.
Stir in flour and curry powder, if using; cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add stock and vegetables, adding more vegetables, if desired; bring to simmer and heat through.
In food... - 40.6177
Lambbone And Limabean Soup
1) In soup kettle, add bones and trimmings.
2) Add beans and water and keep aside for 2 hours.
3) Stir onion and celery and boil slowly. Skim the foam from top. Simmer for two hours.
4) Take off trimmings and bone.
5) Mince meat on the bone and add to... - 40.5963
Banana Brunch Soup
1) Slice 2 bananas.
2) In a bowl, toss the banana slices with 3 tablespoons of lime juice.
3) Mix in yogurt and cinnamon.
4) In a food processor or blender, process the mixture until nearly smooth, leaving just a bit of texture.
5) Cover... - 40.2876
Have butcher crack the shinbone.
Put bone and water in kettle, bring to boil and simmer, covered, for 2 to 3 hours, or until meat separates from bone and marrow is dissolved.
Remove bone and take off meat.
Add meat to broth.
Add vegetables, barley, and salt... - 40.2233
Widow And Soup
1. In a pan, sautÃ© all the chopped vegetables in margarine.
2. Cover the vegetables with enough water and simmer gently such that the vegetables are well done.
3. Then slowly add the eggs one by one, followed by the ricotta and the gbejniet cheeses... - 39.9201
Melt 1/4 cup of the butter in a saucepan and fry endive over a gentle heat for about 5 minutes.
Tilt pan, add sugar and allow to caramelize.
Add broth, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Mix remaining butter with the flour to a smooth paste.
Stir... - 39.7206
Cauliflower Cress Soup
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the cauliflower florets and milk. Bring to a boil over moderate heat. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the cauliflower mixture over a bowl, reserving the... - 39.6838
Squash Blossom Soup
Melt the butter in a skillet and saute the onion, garlic, mushrooms, and squash blossoms for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the corn, broth, salt and pepper and cilantro.
Simmer about 10 minutes.
Stir in the sauteed vegetables and simmer... - 39.4906
Ship To Shore Soup
In a mixing bowl combine the meat, onion, seasonings, egg white and cream.
Press through a fine sieve and roll into small balls.
Bring 2 cups (500 ml) of the broth to a boil, drop the balls in the broth, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove the... - 39.034
1) In a wok or large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil and sauté cabbage and pork for about 5 minutes until pork loses its pink color in center.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil after adding in chicken broth, soy sauce and ginger.
3) Minimize... - 38.6963
Brown Jug Soup
1. In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except cheese and cook on low with cover for 10-12 hours, such that the vegetables are tender.
2. Just before serving, add cheese and stir such that cheese is melted. - 38.5963
Old Fashion Alphabet Soup
Heat the oil in a large pot or dutch oven.
Add the vegetables and saute until tender.
Add the beef, broth, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil.
Add the noodles.
Cover and reduce heat.
Simmer for 10 minutes. - 38.5019
Five Minute Soup
1) Heat the bouillon.
2) Now add the vegetables and meat.
3) Allow the mixture to boil and reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
4) Add required seasoning.
5) Serve hot. - 38.1656
Gallina Pinto Soup
1) In a large saucepan, boil the ox tail in enough water along with beans, nixtamal, garlic, chiles.
2) When the nixtamal swells up a little, season the soup with salt.
3) The soup is done when the meat and vegetables have cooked through completely.
4)... - 38.0426
1) In a large pot , add all the ingredients, allow to boil, simmer covered for about 40 min.
2) Serve immediately with slices of freshly baked whole wheat bread and cheese. - 37.2693
Potherb Soup Chez Moi
Cook the potatoes in the boiling water until barely tender.
Add the potherbs.
Bring to the boiling point and stir in the olive oil, hot pepper flakes and salt and pepper.
Lower heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
The vegetables should... - 36.8153
Silky Celeriac Soup With Smoked Haddock
1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan until foaming, then lower the heat a little. Sweat the onion and leek with the garlic, thyme and 2 bay leaves. Add the celeriac and potatoes and cook for 10 mins more, stirring frequently so the vegetables don't stick to... - 36.7849
1. To prepare the tripe clean it very well, cut into small pieces.
2. In a saucepan simmer the tripe in water for about 2 hours, add the finely chopped vegetables to the already prepared tripe and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce heat to simmer and let it... - 36.7714
1) Heat shortening and simmer caraway seeds in it for about three min until seeds have cracked.
2) Stir in flour until thickening is browned.
3) Mix in water, salt and pepper and boil for 5 min.
4) Seeds can either be strained or left in the soup.
5)... - 36.4991
Barleyonion Soup With Beef Balls
Soak washed barley in water overnight; do not drain; add bouillon and bring to boil; cook until barley is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
Shape ground beef into small balls; brown in skillet; remove from pan.
Cook chopped onions in meat drippings until tender and... - 36.1927
1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the chicken broth, peas, lettuce, scallions and parsley. Bring to a boil over moderate heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. In a blender or food processor, puree the soup in batches until very... - 36.01
Sante Fe Soup With Melted Cheese
1. In slow cooker combine all ingredients except chips or tortillas and cook with cover on High for 3 hours.
2. To serve, ladle in soup bowls and accompany corn chips as a side or dip soft tortillas. - 35.9569
1) In a slow cooker, add the celery, carrot, bell pepper, onion, broth, beer, salt and pepper; cook covered on LOW for about 5-6 hrs.
2) Puree the vegetables in batches into a blender or a food processor,return the puree into the slow cooker, stir... - 35.9311
Abalone Soup From China
Mix the cornstarch with the soy sauce and sherry.
Pour over the abalone slices and allow to marinate for 30 minutes, turning from time to time.
Place the chicken stock in a pan and bring to the boil.
Add the abalone slices plus the marinade and simmer for 2... - 35.7906
1) In a large saucepan, boil the chicken pieces in enough wate. Season the broth with salt.
2) When the broth comes to boil, remove from the broth using a pair of tongs.
3) Finely shred the chicken pieces and toss them back into the broth.
4)... - 35.6806
Heat the oil in a saucepan; cook the celery and mushrooms In it 2 minutes.
Stir in the water chestnuts, bean sprouts, chicken and chicken broth; cook over low heat 10 minutes.
Add the egg gradually, mixing steadily all the while to prevent lumps from... - 35.5422
Lucy's Wheatberry Soup
1) In a heavy kettle, saute the onion and garlic in oil, stir in the wheatberries, pour in the hot water and the hambone.
2) Simmer covered for about 2 hrs or until the wheatberries are softened.
3)... - 35.1221
Double Surprise Soup
Saute onion and celery in bacon fat until onion is golden and soft; sprinkle flour over them and stir until smooth.
Gradually stir in chicken broth.
Mix in peanut butter and let simmer a few minutes.
Add milk gradually until soup is proper consistency.
Heat... - 34.2149
1. In medium saucepan, heat oil; add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add broth, tomatillos and jalapeno pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer, partially covered, 7 minutes.... - 33.9626
Basic Nut Soup
1. Melt the butter in the pan and fry the chopped onion over a gentle heat until soft. Add the chopped carrot and potato and the stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. When this is ready liquidize together with the nuts.
3. When smooth add the parsley, honey,... - 33.9346
In 3-quart saucepan combine broth mix and water and heat; add remaining ingredients except parsley, partially cover pan, and let simmer until vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes.
Remove and discard bay leaf; serve soup sprinkled with parsley. - 30.0175
In a food processor or blender, process the cream cheese, curry powder, lemon juice, and half of the consomme until smooth.
Pour the mixture into 6 demi-tasse cups and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
Divide the remaining consomme among the cups and... - 29.0196
Peel cucumbers, discard seeds and cut flesh into very small dice.
Combine French dressing with yoghurt.
Add diced cucumber, chopped mint and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Chill thoroughly before serving. - 27.9879
Dawn Soup Morgenrot
Heat the chicken stock in a 2 quart (2 L) sauce pan.
Add the tapioca and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
Whip in the tomato paste and add the chicken, simmer for 5 minutes longer and serve. - 24.337
Tyrolean Horseradish Soup
Bring consomme to the boil.
Add salt and pepper to taste and grated horseradish.
Serve immediately. - 22.6429
Classic & Simple Tomato Soup
1. Place a heavy bottom pot on flame and melt butter in it.
2. Drop carrot, onion, garlic, and leek. Stir, and saute for 5 minutes or until vegetables are little bit softened.
3. Throw beans and peeled tomatoes. Give it a good stir.
4. Add crushed... - 0
How To Cook Smoked Paprika, Piquillo Pepper & Tomato Soup
1. Place a stock pot on medium flame and heat olive oil in it.
2. Add garlic, smoked paprika, red chili flakes, and salt. Turn the heat to low. Stir and saute garlic for about 2 minutes.
3. Drop piquillo pepper and saute for another 5 minutes on medium... - 0