Decaffeinated green tea extract refers to the green tea extract which is free from caffeine. Many times it is discarded as the less healthy variation of the original green tea extract. The studies suggest that the decaffeinated green tea extracts also give out the same health properties as the caffeinated ones. The process of decaffeination does not take away health properties of a green tea but it may be required in large quantities to get same amount of antioxidants and flavanols than the regular tea.
Health Benefits of Decaffeinated Green Tea
- Weight loss: The decaffeinated extracts helps to attain weight loss goals faster. Their regular and calculated consumption helps to flush out the toxins hindering the digestion process. The decaffeinated extracts were also beneficial like their caffeinated version sin boosting up the metabolism.
- Cancer: The decaffeinated teas were found to have about 95% of the flavonols like their caffeinated versions. These flavonols were found to be beneficial in inhibiting the growth of cancerous cells in the body. It also aids in curbing the markers that lead to cancer.
- Stroke: The green tea extracts in general are considered as stroke inhibitors. They are found to boost the health of arteries and curb the instances of blockage which later develops into strokes and other cardiovascular complications.
- HIV: The studies suggest that green tea extracts retain the anti-viral properties even after decaffeination. Scientists are now contemplating the use of decaffeinated tea extracts in the preparation of drugs that can curb the widespread of HIV virus. The green tea extracts are loaded with components which boost the immune system in general. It is widely believed that this property can be exploited to stop the HIV Virus from destroying the immunity of the body.
- Aging: It was found that decaffeinated green tea extract in combination of ginger herb can actually help in slowing down the aging process.