Darrell “Das” Smith popularly called as Darrell Smith is American television personality, chef, consultant, caterer and a culinary instructor. Darrell Smith was the finalist in programme “The Next Food Network Star”.
Darrell Smith Professional Life
Darrell Smith now aged 28, had been in love with food since he was 19. Smith was trained in culinary programme from Atlanta Technical College specializing in new American Food. Darrell Smith puts a twist on new American dishes calling it “Food is the life of Party”. Smith focuses on presentation and colors - utilizing all five senses for preparing food. Chef Darrell Smith now teaches new culinary techniques to urban children in Beverly Hills High School.
Popular Food Shows of Darrell Smith
- The Next Food Network Star– In search of new culinary experts, the contestants bring in their expertise to prepare new dishes for the audience. Smith selected as finalist in season six of the programme was eliminated in the sixth week. The winner has the opportunity to host own food show.
Darrell Smith Popular Recipes
Chef Darrell Smith prepares new American cuisine with added flavors. Some of his food choice is:
- Scallop Bacon Kabob– Chef Darrell Smith likes this recipe as Scallops are low in saturated fat. The recipe can be baked in microwave or grilled outdoors. We need fresh scallops, drained button mushrooms, pineapple chunks, soy sauce, lemon juice, chopped parsley, pork or turkey bacon, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Potato-Crusted Halibut with Garlic Risotto– Originally a Canadian Seafood with Italian mix the ingredients include skinless halibut fillets, flour, chopped Italian parsley, eggs, peeled and shredded Yukon gold potatoes, garlic and risotto.
- Blood Orange White Sangria– Chef Darrell Smith prepared this dish in his Food Network programme which includes chilled pinot grigio, brandy, thinly sliced oranges, thinly sliced lime, sugar, and ice cubes. Unique citrus flavors can be experienced in this recipe.
- Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs- The ingredients include boneless skinless chicken breast, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, cherry tomatoes, wooden skewers, salt, black pepper and teriyaki sauce. The kabobs are grilled on 350 degree oven for three minutes on each side getting a golden brown color. Teriyaki sauce is put over the kabobs to enhance the flavor.