- » Dark Christmas Cake
Dark Christmas Cake Recipes
Enjoy our collection of dark christmas cake recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for dark christmas cake recipes.
Dark Christmas Cake
Well, this is the Christmas Cake I made last time and this time too everyone at home wants me to try the same. A very rich and delicious dessert with a lot of raisins, cherries, candied fruits, nuts and more, this Dark Christmas Cake is simply great a treat!... - 52.2617
Dark Christmas Fruit Cake
1. Line 10-inch tube pan or six 5 3/4" by 3 1/4" loaf pans with foil. In large bowl, combine first 9 ingredients, and toss lightly with 1 cup flour until fruits and nuts are evenly coated.
2. In another large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites... - 39.1331
Dark Christmas Fruit Cake
Combine first 9 ingredients in large bowl.
Stir to coat.
Cream butter with both sugars.
Beat in eggs gradually.
Add remaining ingredients in order given.
Add fruit mixture.
Stir to mix.
Line 3 greased 9x5 inch (22 x 13 cm) loaf pans and 1... - 48.9204
Dark Rich Christmas Cake
Place the raisins, candied cherries, currants, mixed citrus peel and candied pineapple in a large bowl and toss with a few tablespoons of flour.
Beat the butter until creamy in a huge mixing bowl; beat in the brown sugar.
Mix in the eggs, lemon juice and... - 42.2206
Extra Fruity Dark Fruit Cake
In plastic container or bowl, combine seeded and seedless raisins, cherries, pineapple, currants, peel and rum; cover and let stand overnight or for up to 2 days, stirring occasionally.
Grease 13 x 9 inch (3.5 L) cake pan; line base and sides with double... - 48.0926
Large Dark Fruit Cake
1) In a bowl, beat egg yolks and mix them with molasses and grape juice.
2) In another bowl, combine butter and sugar and add it to the egg yolk mixture. Stir well.
3) Mix together fruit and nuts and add them to 1 cup flour. Warm it for 5 minutes in... - 47.6008
Dark Fruit Cake
This Dark Fruit Cake has a very strong flavor of Brandy Liquor.Dark Fruit cake is made with Pecan,dates,raisins & cinnamon.In this nutty Dark Fruit Cake orange juice adds to the fruity flavor & makes it all the more delicious. - 49.3467
Dark Fruit Cake
Place raisins and apricots in medium bowl.
Pour 1/3 cup brandy into 1-cup measure.
Microwave at High 15 to 45 seconds, or until heated.
Pour over raisins and apricots.
Grease two 8 x 4- or 9 x 5-in loaf dishes and one 8-cup ring cake dish.
Coat... - 50.4866
Dark Fruit Cake
1. Grease a 2 or 3 loaf tins with butter, dust with flour and line the bottoms with butter paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. In a basin, sift together the flour, and spices. Keep aside
4. In another basin, combine raisins,... - 47.9007
Holiday Dark Fruit Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2) Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 10-inch tube mould and line with brown paper and grease the paper.
3) In a bowl, place together candied fruits, raisins, and pecans.
4) Stir 1 cup of flour to... - 48.3832
Dark Fruit Cake
In a bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves.
Add fruits and peels, raisins, cherries, dates, almonds, pecans, and pineapple; mix till well coated.
Beat eggs till foamy.
Gradually add brown sugar.
Add orange... - 46.3249
Christmas Fruity Cake
Your Christmas celebration will remain incomplete, without a perfect fruit cake. You must have tried several recipes of fruit cake, this time you should try this particular one. It has a rich combination of dry fruits and spices, which is going the make the... - 122.286
Christmas Fruit Cake
Put fruit in saucepan with peel, sugar, syrup, butter and 1 cup water.
Bring to a boil, then simmer for 3 minutes.
Turn into a bowl and cool.
Preheat the oven to 325°.
Sift flours, soda and spice three times, then add to fruit mixture.
Beat in eggs.
Place in... - 47.7611
Christmas Fruit Cake
1. Put the sultanas, raisins, cranberries, currants, orange rind and juice and half the whisky into a large bowl. Leave to marinate overnight.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and light. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after... - 39.4913
Christmas Fridge Cake
Want to bribe Santa Clause and his elves so that you are granted all your wishes this Christmas? Well here is a sweet treat that is sure please Father Christmas and have him deliver you great presents on Christmas day. Watch Barry & cute little Phoebe dressed... - 125.88
Prepare a 9 in. round tin at least 3 in deep.
Line the sides and bottom with a double layer of greased grease-proof paper and tie a deep band of brown paper round the outside of the tin, standing 1 to 2 in. above the top of the tin.
Beat the butter, sugar,... - 41.5643
In a large bowl, mix together raisins, currants, glace cherries, peel, and nuts.
Pour in rum and let soak overnight.
The next day, mix together flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
Stir flour mixture into soaked fruit.
In a mixing bowl, cream together... - 43.3293
Little Christmas Cakes
Mix sugar, shortening and raisins, boiling water, spices, cocoa, and salt.
Boil for 2 minutes; add vanilla.
Let mixture cool and stir in soda which has been dissolved in small amount of water, and the flour.
Beat well by hand -not on electric mixer - then add... - 48.1119
1) Take a small bowl to beat all the ingredients for the filling. Thoroughly beat to form soft peaks. Cover the bowl and place inside the refrigerator to chill.
2) Take a saucepan for preparing icing. Place all the ingredients for icing in the... - 48.1239
Eggless Christmas Cake
1. Place the sultanas, raisins, currants, cherries and peel in a bowl and stir in the apple juice. Cover and leave to soak overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/ Gas 2. Grease and line an 18 cm / 7 in square cake tin.
3. Add the hazelnuts, pumpkin... - 40.9082
Christmas Cake- Part 1 -preparing Batter
This is part 1 of a 2 part video series. In this video you will learn about the ingredients used to prepare a Christmas cake and start with the batter. Watch part 2 for the finished cake. - 70.9962
Christmas Cake - Part 2 - Baking
This is part 2 of a 2 part video series. In this video you will learn how to prepare the batter and bake the cake. Looks like a decent cake to have this Christmas. Watch the video and find out for yourself. - 75.1415
Basic Christmas Cake
Sieve flour into a mixing bowl.
In a separate large mixing bowl, cream the fat and sugar until light and fluffy.
Gradually add the eggs and beat well.
If mixture begins to curdle, add a little flour.
Fold in flour and spices, then stir in remaining... - 45.6717
Christmas Wreath & 'small Cake'
Preheat the oven to Gas 1, 275°F, 140°C.
Grease an 8 in/20.5 cm round cake tin, then line with a double layer of greaseproof paper.
Spoon the prepared cake mixture into the tin, then bake for 4-4 1/2 hrs, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out... - 40.0994
Nutty Christmas Fruit Cake
In a shallow dish, pour a small amount of boiling water over diced pineapple to barely cover it.
Soak pineapple until soft, about 1 hour.
In a very large bowl, combine fruits, nuts, and peels.
Toss with the coconut, using a wooden spoon or... - 46.0805
Italian Nutella Christmas Cake
Nutella is a nutritious energizing low fat ingredient and here is a recipe which exudes its flavor to the fullest. Check out Debi and Gabriele making Christmas cake using nutella as the key flavor along with hazelnuts, chocolate and other ingredients. Great... - 112.098
Christmas Fruitcake With Cinnamon
In a large bowl, combine the fruitcake mix, pineapple wedges, red cherries, green cherries, dried apples, dates, raisins, almonds, and walnuts.
Pour the bourbon over the mixture and let it soak for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Grease and flour two 6-cup... - 47.2606
My favorite Rum Cake Recipe. This cake is spongy and melts in your mouth. Rum adds so much flavor and taste to it. - 39.7997
Holiday No Fat Fruit Cake
Preheat oven to 300°F.
Spray 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
Line bottom and side of pan with waxed paper, extending paper at least 1 inch above rim of pan.
Spray paper with cooking spray.
In medium bowl, combine raisins, cherries, pineapple,... - 45.6673
Gingerbread Upside Down Cake
Preheat oven to 350°F Drain pineapple; reserve 1/2 cup syrup.
In 10-inch cast iron skillet, melt 14 cup margarine.
Remove from heat.
Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and stir until blended.
Arrange pineapple slices in skillet.
Place 1 cherry in center of each... - 46.6315
For Christmas, you can make a delicious dessert, that is also a wonderful centerpiece! - 127.416
Triple Chocolate Cake
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
Beat in egg and vanilla until blended.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium... - 44.0716
Walnut Holiday Cake
Grease 9-inch springform pan.
Line bottom with waxed paper; grease waxed paper.
In small bowl, pour rum over graham crackers.
When crackers are softened, mash with fork.
In large bowl, beat egg yolks with electric mixer at medium speed until lemon... - 44.4138
Fabulous Fruit Cake Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 275°F. In a medium bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and mace until blended. Add eggs, brandy, and yogurt and blend... - 34.3273
Boxing Day Cake
Kick start your Christmas celebrations with this terrific Boxing Day Cake. This spicy cake with currants, raisins and candied fruit is a terrific treat ! Try out this Boxing Day Cake and let me know if you like it. - 47.1372
Currant Fruit Cake
Currant fruit cakes are the best choice for the Christmas snacks. This cake recipe is a rather simple one and can be tried for this Christmas. Ready in about 30 minutes, you can bake it for special occasions. - 53.6726
Sherried Raisin Fruit Cake
In large bowl, combine seedless raisins, currants, seeded raisins, sherry, carrot, and lemon and orange rinds; cover and let stand overnight.
Toss with 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the flour.
Grease 8 inch (2 L) springform pan; line base and side with double thickness... - 50.3403
Mccall's Best Black Fruit Cake
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients required for the fruit mixture and mix well using hands.
2. Cover with clingwrap and keep overnight at room temperature.
3. Grease a 10 inch tube/ bundt pan with butter.
4. Line the greased pan... - 49.0471
Dublin Holly Cake
1. Grease a 10-inch angel cake tube pan; dust with flour; tap out excess.
2. Combine candied fruits, currants, chopped walnuts and orange rind in a very large bowl.
3 Sift flour, apple pie spice, baking soda and salt onto wax paper. Sprinkle 1 cup of mixture... - 45.5261
Spicy Fruit Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Grease a 7-inch square cake tin. Line with a greased non-stick parchment paper.
3) Into a bowl, sift the flour and salt. Add in pieces of butter. Mix into a crumbly mixture.
4) Add in sugar, dried fruit,... - 49.2534
Easy Lemon And Almond Cake
When life gives you lemon, make lemonades…it is pretty old saying as now when life gives you lemon, you can even make interesting low calorie lemon cake. Combined with goodness of almond and mint, this cake tastes delicious and is so easy to make. Watch the... - 111.291
Fruit Cake With Pecan And Cherries
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease large cookie sheet. Into large bowl, measure first 7 ingredients and 3 tablespoons orange-flavor liqueur. With mixer at low speed, beat ingredients until well blended, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Stir in... - 35.0669
Chocolate Fudge Cake With Beetroot
Every foodie dreams about exotic and wonderful cakes,and here we are with one of them. It's the simply marvellous chocolate topped beetroot chocolate fudge cake. Intense in flavors and incredible taste makes it much desired for. Watch the video to make your... - 126.067
Rich Fruit Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Grease a deep 9-inch round cake tin. Line it with a greased non-stick parchment paper.
3) In a bowl, mix butter and sugar. Beat till it gets light and fluffy. Beat in the black treacle.
4) Slowly beat in... - 48.464
Marble Fruit Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2) Liberally grease a 9-inch round tube mould and dust with flour.
3) In a blow, sift together 1 1/2 cups of the flour, 1 teaspoon of the baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the soda,... - 48.7069
Apple And Spice Cake
1. Heat the oven to 350°F (180°C/Gas 4) and grease and line a 20 cm (8 in) square tin.
2. Into a bowl add all the ingredients except the caster sugar and mix gradually to blend.
3. Beat well for 2-3 minutes and turn into the prepared... - 50.1023
1. Preheat oven moderate to 350°.
2. In a bowl cream butter and sugar for cake.
3. In a large bowl sieve flour and baking powder.
4. Mix it to the creamed mixture alternately with milk and vanilla.
5. Gently fold egg whites and stir to... - 46.831
Champagne Fruit Cake
In a large bowl combine nuts, dates, fruits, and peels.
In small mixer bowl cream together butter and sugar till light.
Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
Beat in rum and the 2 tablespoons brandy.
Stir together flour and spices.
Add to... - 45.288
Nutty Coconut Coffeecake
FOR TOPPING: POUR butter into greased 9-inch round cake pan.
Combine coconut, 1/3 cup brown sugar, nuts and 2 tablespoons evaporated milk in small bowl.
Sprinkle over butter.
FOR BATTER: COMBINE flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder and... - 45.1553
Rich Chocolate Cake
The combination of rich ingredients produces a decadent, caramel-soaked cake that's sure to be a hit! - 38.3392
Date Loaf Cake
Very much like sticky date pudding - nice and moist, and made without eggs. - 35.581
Jolly Ole Saint Nick Cake
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease and flour one 13x9-inch baking pan and two 8-inch round cake pans.
Prepare cake mixes according to package directions.
Divide among pans.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
Cool... - 45.4181
Queen's Chocolate Cake
Combine chocolate and rum in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil.
Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts.
Remove from heat; let cool.
Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 2/3 cup sugar, beating... - 45.6342
Brandy Nut Cake
In a bowl combine nuts, cherries, and raisins.
Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Add to nut mixture, tossing to coat well.
Beat eggs till frothy; add the 2 tablespoons brandy.
Pour egg mixture over nut mixture; mix well.
Pour into a greased... - 45.3014
Red Velvet Cake
There are many of you who will make serving this cake, all-time favorite, a tradition for birthdays and other special occasions. - 44.2692
Iced Marzipan Cakes
Cut the almond paste into dice.
On work surface, knead to a smooth dough with the powdered sugar, finely ground almonds, rum, and salt.
Divide the dough in half.
Roll into two narrow cylinders each about 16 inches (40 centimeters) long; divide each into 20... - 44.5203
Dublin Holly Cake
1. Grease 10-inch angel-cake pan; dust lightly with flour; tap out any excess.
2. Mix fruits, currants, nuts and orange rind in a very large bowl.
3. Sift flour, apple-pie spice, baking soda and salt onto waxed paper. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of mixture over fruits... - 46.9546
English Fruit Cake
1. Lightly grease 10" by 3" springform pan. Toss mixed candied fruit with 1 cup flour. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat butter and sugar until blended. Increase speed to high; beat until fluffy. Add brandy, baking powder, salt, eggs, and 1 cup... - 39.1082
Swiss Honey Cakes
1. Combine the honey and the sugar in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture, stirring to dissolve the sugar, until almost boiling, but do not boil. Cool the mixture to lukewarm, for about 20 minutes. Transfer to a medium-size bowl.
2. Dissolve the baking soda in... - 45.9428
1. In a large pot, add 1 cup each of the dried cranberries, candy cherries, green candy cherries, mixed peel, orange peel, lime peel or citron, candied pineapple, California raisins, dark raisins , golden raisins, diced dates, dried apricots and... - 113.978
Coffee cakes are simple pleasures of life. Pamper your sweet tooth with chocolaty, sugar-sweet coffee cakes topped with a rich, buttery streusel. This delicious rosemary studded coffee cake is quite a cinch to make and makes for a heart holiday dessert. - 97.1438
1. Dust your work surface with icing sugar and roll out three-quarters of the yellow icing. Cut out stars in both sizes. Roll out a third of the orange icing and cut out more stars. Lightly dampen some of the large yellow stars with water and secure some of... - 39.1085
Simple and simply delicious! Cake mix and ready-to-spread frosting mixed with melted chocolate--what could be easier? - 37.0152
Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Beat cream cheese in large mixer bowl until fluffy; beat in sugar and vanilla.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until well blended.
Fold in raspberries, reserving a few for garnish.
Pour mixture into crust.
Bake 30... - 45.8269
Gingerbread With Butterscotch Pear Sauce
Heat oven to 325°.
Grease and flour baking pan, 9 x 9 x 2 inches.
Beat all ingredients except sauce in large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds.
Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 3 minutes.
Pour into pan.
Bake until... - 40.8731
1. Arrange plums, cut side down, in a lightly greased 25 cm / 10 in flan dish.
2. Sift flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Break eggs into well, add caster sugar and milk and mix to form a smooth batter.
3. Pour batter over plums and bake for 45... - 35.2175
Dessert Vixen: Chocolate Orgasm Torte
Melt the chocolate and butter together and put it in a clear glass bowl.
Then beat the egg on high speed until they form soft peaks.
Add the egg mixture with slightly cold chocolate mixture until they are almost incorporated.
The content needs to be... - 41.9647
Easy Chocolate Cheesecake
Heat oven to 325°F Combine cookie crumbs, sugar and margarine in 9-inch pie plate or springform pan until well mixed.
Press into pie plate or onto bottom and 1 1/4 inches up side of springform pan.
Microwave 1 1/2 packages (6 ounces) chocolate in... - 47.7999
1. Pre-heat the oven to 300°F.
2. Grease bottom of two 9- x - 5- x 3-inch loafpans; line bottoms with waxed paper.
3. Do the same for the waxed paper and sides of pans; set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt,... - 50.3291
Holly Fruit Loaves
1) Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2) Lightly grease the eight small loaf pans 4 1/2X2 1/2X 1 1/2 and dust with flour.
3) In a large bowl, mix together candied fruits, raisins, and pecans.
4) Add in 1 cup of flour over the fruit mixture and... - 48.0389
Dark Christmas Cake Recipes By Category
Dark Christmas Cake Dish: