- » Danish
Danish food refers to the collection of dishes and drinks consumed in Denmark. Danish Food usually employs ingredients easily found in the cool and humid climate of Denmark, like rye, barley, beetroot, potatoes, and ... More »
Mini Cream Cheese Danish
Lynn demonstrates how to make a super easy mini cream cheese Danish that would be great to serve at a breakfast or brunch. Fruit preserves can be added to these, if you desire. - 106.163
Be it Christmas, wedding, baptism, or New Year's Eve, celebrations are incomplete without this Danish delicacy. A yummy blend of almonds, sugar and marzipan, this outstanding dessert dish is worth a shot. Never mind if you don't know the recipe. Greg Patent... - 87.1395
Danish Pancakes are of an unusual triangular shape which makes it very interesting. The fruit sauce and pancake give a healthy start to your busy day. These pancakes are often served in Denmark as holiday treat. - 51.7432
Are you looking for a mouthwatering Danish Butter recipe? It is an European delicacy, served as Main Dish world-wide. The marriage of the incredible flavors of butter with other ingredients is the secret to this Danish Butter recipe. This Danish Butter recipe... - 51.4496
Danish Puff was a creation of Danes when they used a sweet filling for Austrian pastry.Danish Puff is a very popular dessert all over.My version of Danish Puff is different from the traditional recipe.Come & try my Danish Puff. - 50.9749
Danish Spice Cookies
1. In a large glass bowl, combine cake flour, cinnamon powder, allspice powder, clove powder and cardamom powder. Sieve this mixture and keep aside.
2. In a large saucepan, add butter, brown sugar and corn syrup and mix well.
3. Cook over a... - 48.6872
Turkey Soup With Danish Dumplings
7. Cut up the turkey carcass to fit into a large Dutch oven along with water, and chicken bouillon granules; bring it to boil.
8. Reduce heat; cover and slow cook for about 1 1/2 hours.
9. Remove the turkey carcass from the mixture and slightly... - 48.5311
Eggless Danish Layer Cake
This Eggless Danish Layer Cake is rich with chopped nuts. It is delicious as a breakfast cake, teatime snack or even as a dessert. - 48.1616
Danish Meat Loaf With Apple Gravy
Danish Meat Loaf With Apple Gravy is a simply delicious recipe. Try this Danish Meat Loaf With Apple Gravy; I bet, yoy will get a huge fan following for this one. - 47.9213
Danish Pastry Wreaths
1. In bowl, with wooden spoon, beat butter and 1/4 cup flour until smooth. Spread on waxed paper (on wet surface) to 12-by-8-inch rectangle. Refrigerate on cookie sheet.
2. Heat 3/4 cup milk slightly. Add granulated sugar and salt; stir to dissolve. Cool to... - 47.8694
Sift together sugar, salt, and flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
*Sprinkle dry yeast or crumble cake yeast into warm water.
Use very warm water (105°F to 115°F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F to 90°F.) for compressed.
Let... - 47.3033
Mash the yeast with 1/4 teaspoon of the sugar in a small bowl.
Mix in 2 tablespoons warm water.
Set aside in a warm place for 15 minutes or until the mixture is puffed up and frothy.
Sift the flour, a pinch of salt and the remaining sugar into a bowl.
Make a... - 47.1388
Danish Brown Cookies
Combine butter, sugar, and molasses in heavy saucepan.
Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Beat in eggs.
Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, almonds, and candied lemon... - 47.1081
Danish Cheese Mousse
1) Shred the cheese
2) Take a clean bowl and partially whip the cream until thickened.
3) Stir in nuts and gently mix the shredded cheese.
4) Next, take a saucepan and add water to it. Put gelatin in water and place the saucepan over... - 47.0292
1) Cut the chicken into 8 pieces and remove the skin.
2) Rub over the chicken the mixture of salt, pepper and ginger. ... - 47.0205
Danish Apple Bake
Wish to cook something special for your folks this weekend? Try out this great dish, Danish Apple Bake - impressing your friends and family would've never been this easy! Also, this Danish Apple Bake is cooked in no time; so just give it a try! - 47.0006
1. In small saucepan, heat milk until bubbles form around edge of pan; remove from heat. Add 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 cup butter; stir until butter is melted; let cool to lukewarm.
2. Sift together flour, cardamom and salt. Grease two large cookie sheets.
3.... - 46.8277
Danish Layer Dessert Cake
1) In a bowl, beat butter till soft and mix sugar and continue beating till it is fluffy.
2) In another bowl, sieve flour and cinnamon and add one tablespoon of butter mixture at a time.
3) If require work with hand for the last few spoons.
4) Separate... - 46.639
1) In a saucepan, dissolve the cornstarch in wine or orange juice.
2) Stir in the rhubarb sauce and cook for several minutes, stirring continuously, until the mixture is thick and clear.
3) Allow the mixture to slightly cool, then stir in the beaten... - 46.3287
Danish Cinnamon Cake
Try out this simple recipe for Danish Cinnamon Cake - a perfect treat for kids and adults alike. Serve this cake for the next party at home, it's sure to become a hit with your guests! - 46.3121
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Soften yeast in water and dissolve it.
3. Combine 3-tablespoon sugar with hot skim milk, 4-tablespoon butter and salt and mix to melt margarine.
4. Allow the mixture to cool. Add eggs to cooled milk... - 46.2395
Danish Appetizer Meat Balls
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine first ten ingredients.
2. Using your hand or a fork, lightly but thoroughly mix the ingredients.
3. Shape into 48 walnut size balls, about 1tablespoon each.
4. In a large frying pan or skillet, heat the shortening.... - 45.9965
Danish Pork Balls
Combine pork, flour, egg, onion, lemon rind, and salt and pepper.
Blend thoroughly with a fork.
Stir in water.
Shape into meatballs, using hands.
Heat butter in skillet.
Brown pork balls on all sides.
Lower heat and cook for 20 minutes, or until... - 45.9502
1. Preheat the oven to 360 degree F or 180 degree C
2. Grease a baking tray with oil or butter.
3. To make the Lime glaze, in a saucepan, combine the sugar with lime juice and 2 tablespoons of water and place the pan on a medium high... - 45.8267
Danish Liver Pâté
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4.
2. Grease the bottom and sides of a 900-ml/1 1/2 pint/3 3/4 cup ovenproof dish.
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4.... - 45.758
Apple Danish Pastries
Use very warm water (105°F.to 115°F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F.to 90°F.) for compressed.
Sprinkle dry yeast or crumble cake into water.
Let stand a few minutes; then stir until dissolved.
Pour hot milk over 1/3 cup sugar, the salt, and 1/3 cup... - 45.6848
Danish Spice Cookies
Sift flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves onto waxed paper.
Melt the butter in a mediumsize saucepan over moderate heat.
Remove from heat; add sugar and beat with a wooden spoon until combined.
Beat sour cream, egg and vanilla until smooth.
Stir in... - 45.6167
Danish Cream Cones
Danish Cream Cones are very easy to make simple snack item. Kids always love this sweet and creamy snack. You can make it for a kids party. Danish cream cones can be made in advance and filled with cream just before serving. - 45.5663
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour, salt and sugar into a bowl. Rub in 25g/1oz/2 tbsp butter. Stir in the yeast. In a separate bowl, mix the egg and water together, add to the flour mixture and mix to a soft dough. Lightly knead for 4-5 minutes. Place in a... - 45.5159
Classic Danish Liver Pate
1) Trim any rind from the fat bacon (streaky bacon rashers can be used instead).
2) In a saucepan, measure the milk and add the onion and bay leaf.
3) Bring the milk up to the boil, then remove from heat and allow to infuse for 15... - 45.3669
Danish Chicken Fricassee
Do you with to try out a fancy and succulent Chicken recipe then this Danish Chicken Fricassee is what you need to try! Inviting ingredients of popular interest, this Danish Chicken Fricassee is sure to set your taste-buds rolling! - 45.0969
Danish Apple Cake
Try this easy to prepare version of Danish Apple Cake. I am sure, once you try it, you will always crave for some more! - 44.9804
Danish Apple Bars
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Sift the salt and flour together.
3) Add the shortening and mix well.
4) Mix together the egg yolk and milk to make 2/3 cup of the mixture.
5) Add to the flour mixture. Stir properly.
6)... - 44.8745
Danish Coffee Cake
1) Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2) Take a pastry blended and cut flour into butter with it.
3) Sprinkle with water and blend using a fork (or blend for about 30 seconds using a food processor).
4) Form a ball with the mixture and divide into... - 44.5452
Danish Layer Cake
Danish Layer Cake is simply irresistible. Try this amazingly delicious Danish Layer Cake recipe; I am sure you will always tempt to prepare this for every party! - 44.5414
Savory Danish Platter
1) Silce the Danish chopped ham with pork into 8 slices.
2) On a large ovenproof platter or baking dish arrange the slices and keep aside.
3) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
4) In a saucepan, saute the onions in butter over a low heat, until... - 44.4999
Bacon Collar Danish Style
1) In the cooker, put the bacon and cover with cold water.
2) Boil the bacon, remove from the heat and drain well.
3) With rim side down, place the trivet, in the cooker and stand the bacon on the trivet.
4) Add the lager, onion, bay... - 44.4999
Dissolve 1 tsp sugar in milk and sprinkle yeast on top.
Leave till frothy.
Sift flour and salt into bowl, rub in 1 tbsp butter and add rest of sugar and yeast mixture.
Mix to a dough.
Shape remaining butter into an oblong.
Roll out dough into an oblong twice... - 44.3094
Danish Chicken Fricassee
1. In a large Dutch oven or sauce pan, fry bacon to crispy. Take off and keep aside the bits.
2. Add chicken to bacon fat and allow to turn brown. In the last 5 minutes, add onions. Stir in bacon bits, seasonings and ½ cup of water.
3. Steam,... - 44.2599
Danish Recipes By Category