- » Curried Rice
Curried Rice Recipes
Curried rice is an Asian specialty and can be made in a variety of ways. It is mainly popular as a Thai dish and is prepared with exotic herbs like basil. Chicken and prawns are often incorporated into curried rice ... More »
1)Use large skillet for rice and heat butter in it.
2)Add chopped onion and saute about 5 minutes, until onion softens.
3)Stir it in rice and curry powder and add the stock.
4)Let it boil.
5)Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the liquid has evaporated... - 45.3378
1) In a large bowl, mix cooked brown rice, apricots and raisins. Set aside.
2) In a skiller, heat oil, saute scallions, green peppers till they turn crispy. Add in toasted walnuts, curry powder, coriander powder, nutmeg.
3) Lastly add in the rice and... - 42.8595
Tasty Curried Rice
1. In a medium microwavable casserole dish, mix butter, onion and pepper.
2. Place dish in microwave and cook at HIGH for 2 minutes till onion is soft.
3. Stir remaining ingredients into the butter.
4. Cover casserole with its lid or with plastic... - 42.8482
Curried Tangerine Rice
Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan.
Stir in the curry powder and rice.
Return to boiling.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Stir the tangerines, scallions, and parsley into the rice.
Warm through... - 42.3426
Curried Rice With Green Pepper
1. In a 2 –quart casserole, mix the onion, green pepper and butter.
2. In the microwave, cook, covered for 2 minutes at High.
3. Mix all the other ingredients.
4. In the microwave, cook, covered for 5 minutes at High and then, for 13 to 15 minutes at... - 41.5332
Simple Curried Rice
1) Preheated oven at 400°F.
2) In a Dutch oven or covered casserole add water, salt, rice, butter and curry powder.
3) Place in oven for about 45 minutes.
4) In a saucepan, add peas and cook.
5) Using a fork, add into rice and gently... - 39.3664
Curried Rice is an irresistible rice recipe that you will simply can't resist. Try this Curried Rice; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this one! - 39.1604
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and cook celery and curry powder until celery is tender but not brown.
2) Stir in rice and cook until yellow ensuring the rice doesn't turn brown.
3) Add water, crumbled bouillon cubes, and sprinkle salt.
4) Cover, let it... - 38.2107
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Into a casserole, put the rice and add water. Allow mixture to stand for 3.4 hour.
3) Mix all the remaining ingredients to the casserole. Cover and cook in preheated oven for nearly 90... - 38.1425
This curried rice recipe is a microwaved rice recipe for making delicious curried rice is a hurry. Prepared in under 30 minutes, this curried rice is flavored with curry powder, green onions and chicken bouillon along with salt. Stirred together and cooked,... - 36.9224
Curried Rice With Apple
Place apple and butter in small bowl.
Microwave at High 1 1/2 to 3 minutes, or until apple is tender.
In 1-qt casserole mix Vegetable-Rice Mix, apple, raisins, curry powder and sugar; cover.
Microwave at High 4 1/2 to 7 minutes, or until heated, stirring... - 36.3944
Easy Curried Rice
Peel and slice the onion.
Slice the tomato.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan, and saute onion over medium heat.
Stir in tomato slices, salt, and curry powder.
Add rice and water.
Reduce heat to low.
Simmer until rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
NOTE: Millet... - 34.3464
Wash the rice, drain it and throw it into a quart of water, slightly salted.
Boil quickly until rice is tender.
Drain and wash under tap to remove stickiness and separate the grains.
Put into warm oven for 1 minute to dry.
Brown sliced onions in butter.
Add... - 33.7196
Heat margarine in saucepan and fry the sliced apple and onions.
Add the rice (cooked in boiling salted water sufficiently to make just tender, but not soft) and the stock blended with the curry powder.
Simmer together until the onions and apples are quite... - 33.3504
Traditional Curried Rice
Put the butter in a pot and cook for 30 seconds. Add the onion, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
Stir in the rice, pour over the boiling water and add the salt and turmeric. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Stir in the pineapple, sultanas (golden raisins) and... - 32.7311
1. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion, garlic, and curry powder, and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the rice and broth and bring... - 32.1196
Southern Curried Rice
Put rice into casserole; add water.
Let stand about 3/4 hour.
Add all other ingredients; mix well.
Cover; cook in preheated 350Â°F oven about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Most of liquid should be absorbed, but serve rice while still moist. - 31.7103
Combine rice and chicken broth in a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil, then simmer.
Saute onion in butter.
Before the rice is tender and done, add the onion, salt and curry powder.
Mix well; add more stock if needed.
Place in a buttered dish and bake in a 300°... - 30.481
In small skillet, cook and stir onion in butter until onion is tender.
Stir in curry powder, salt and pepper.
Mix into hot rice.
Sprinkle almonds and olives over rice. - 30.1023
1. Melt the butter in a heavy 2-quart saucepan over moderate heat. Add the onion, and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the rice, and stir to coat with the butter.
2. Add the chicken broth, raisins, and curry powder. Stir once, cover, and... - 28.1147
Curried Rice is a sumptuous rice dish. This dish is a meal in itself and is perfect for dinner parties. Follow this wonderful Curried Rice recipe - 25.7516
Classic Curried Rice
In a medium saucepan stir together the water, rice, raisins, curry powder, bouillon granules, and minced onion. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or till rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat. Let stand... - 25.4144
Lightly Curried Rice
1. Pour hot water over rice and let sit for 45 minutes.
2. Add remaining ingredients and bake, covered, at 350Â° for 1 1/2 hours or until done. Stir occasionally until the liquid is absorbed. Remove while it is still moist. - 23.7039
Easy Curried Rice
Cook rice as directed on package except decrease salt to 1/2 teaspoon and stir in remaining ingredients with the water.
Cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. - 21.1425
In a medium-sized pot, stir together 1 ¼ cups rice and 4 ½ tablespoons melted butter. Place over medium heat and cook while stirring, until the rice is a golden color. Add 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and 2 ¼ cups chicken broth. Bring to a... - 18.2698
Curried Rice Recipes By Category