- » Curried Lentil Spinach
Curried Lentil Spinach Recipes
Enjoy our collection of curried lentil spinach recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for curried lentil spinach recipes.
Yellow Lentil And Spinach Curry
1. In a pressure cooker pot heat together oil and ghee and cook for a while adding cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder, onion and tomato.
2. Then stir in ginger paste, garlic paste , green chili paste and salt to taste.
3. Let the tomatoes turn... - 100.503
Pressure cook dal with salt and turmeric powder. Whisk until creamy.
Add ginger, green chillies, tomato puree and spinach. Cook until spinach becomes soft and everything blends together.
Heat oil/butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds. when they splutter add garlic... - 37.874
Spinach With Lentils
Clean and wash the palak thoroughly and chop it.
Set aside Clean and wash and cook the mung beans, set aside.
Then prepare a seasoning with the seasoning ingredients.
Heat the oil in a pan and place the cumin in it.
When it starts to move around add the... - 43.5521
Spinach With Lentils And Feta
Join Toby in preparing this fabulous, diabetes perfect side dish from "Mediterranean Diet Cookbook for Dummies", by RD's Meri Raffetto and Wendy Jo Peterson. This one will be hard to beat! - 0
Spicy Lentil Soup With Spinach
1. In a saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
2. Add the celery, garlic, onion, and spices.
3. Saute the mixture, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, until softened.
4. Add the lentils and the stock.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil.
6.... - 50.5673
Curried Red Lentil And Vegetable Stew
Rinse the lentils well, discarding any discoloured ones.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic, ginger and carrots.
Cook for 5 minutes, stirring, or until the onion is soft.
Add the spices; cook for 1 minute more or until... - 47.6646
Masoor Dal With Spinach By Tarla Dalal
The unbeatable combination of masoor dal with spinach nourishes your body with protein, iron and folic acid. Tomatoes and amchur powder lend a nice tangy flavor to the dal. Needless to add, this is a super-healthy recipe as protein-rich dals are an... - 0
Yellow Mung Beans With Spinach – Dal Palak
Lentils are prepared almost daily in many Indian homes. They are rich in nutrients and equally tasty. This particular combination of spinach and lentils is one of my favorite meals. I like to eat dal palak with fresh baked bread or over steamed basmati rice... - 32.8633
Raw Living Pea And Lentil Sprout Salad With Curried Tomato Dressing
If you’ve recently begun sprouting seeds, grains and legumes, or are a long time sprout fanatic, this "raw-some recipes” will spark your desire to have sprouts at every meal. This recipe is protein packed and delicious. Sprouts - like all vegetables, are... - 114.755
Pork, Kumara And Lentil Curry
Cut pork into 2cm cubes; cook in large heated oiled pan, in batches, until well browned.
Add onion and paste to same pan; cook, uncovered, until onion is soft.
Return pork to pan; stir in undrained crushed tomatoes.
Bring to boil; simmer, covered, for 1 1/2... - 38.6777
Curried Vegetables With Dahi
Rinse the lentils or split peas.
Lentils cook faster and absorb less water than split peas, so use 4 cups of water for lentils, 5 cups of water for split peas.
In a covered saucepan, bring the water and lentils or peas to a boil.
Reduce the heat, uncover, and... - 44.9235
Pressure cooks the chopped spinah leaves along with the thoor dhal, onions,green chilli, tomatoes, chilli powder, tamarind, and turmeric powder. Add some water to cook.
Once its cooked well, mash the dhal along with the spinach mixture well with a laddle.... - 35.3413
This kootu can be had with plain rice and also with chapatti. This same type can be prepared with any keerai variety. - 40.1828
Badam Araitha Keerai Kootu
The badam araitha keerai kootu is a cooked lentil preparation from south india that is made with three lentils and spinach. Cooked together with almond paste and spices like green chilies, asafoetida and turmeric. Served hot it goes best with rice or rotis. - 46.9829
Stewed Lentils (parippu)
1. Wash lentils thoroughly and drain it well. Remove stones and chaff, if any from the lentils.
2. Place a medium sized pot on flame and pour water in it. Bring water to a boil.
3. Add lentils, onion, green chili, cinnamon, garlic,... - 0
I like this healthy Dal Palak Recipe. This recipe will help you in living longer. Dal Palak is an Indian dish mostly eaten during lunch. It goes well with plain rice, but it can also be eaten with roti. You should try this Dal Palak recipe. - 47.6887
Lentil And Split Peas
This Lentils and Split Peas are cooked the perfect way. My soups taste different with these impeccably cooked lentils and spilt peas. Just try out this method of cooking lentils and peas to see what I mean. Please come back here and let me know if you agree... - 35.0537
Pan Asian: Lentils Stewed In Coconut Milk (parippu) - Sri Lanka
1. Wash and remove any stones or chaff from lentils. Drain and set aside.
2. Place a medium sized pot on flame and boil water in it.
3. Drop lentils, onion, green chilies, garlic, pandanus, lemon grass, cinnamon, cardamom, and clove.... - 0
Paruppu Vadai/ Masal' Vada - South Indian Style Lentil Fritters
1. Soak the chana dal in water for 2 hours.
2. In a blender, add the soaked chana dal, red chilies, salt and little water for grinding. Grind them coarsely and not into a paste.
3. In a bowl, remove the batter from the blender, add in... - 95.5347
Quick Dinner Meals - Lentil Broccoli Patties
Did you know that lentils and broccoli are a great combination? A super simple recipe, it just takes few minutes to get ready. Prepared in minimal oil, this recipe is delicious and healthy! Served over a bed of spinach, this makes a great meal. - 104.122
Pumpkin, Barley, Lentil, Turkey Stew (with Vegetarian Alternative)
Melt butter in a pot and add the barley and lentils, stir well and add the spices, mix very well and then add the pumpkin puree and enough water to make puree smooth. Now add the can of turkey, including the liquid. Separate the turkey meat and bring to boil.... - 27.8004
Palak Masoor Dal
The palak masoor dal is an indian preparation of red lentils with spinach. Cooked in water with ginger, green chiles, turmeric and tamarind for flavor, the palak massor daal is best served hot with cooked long grained rice.This is a special low sugar recipe... - 41.3138
Spinach With Tomatoes
1) Shake and dry the spinach, discard stalks and cut the leaves into 1 inch wide strips.
2) In a large, heavy-based saucepan, saute the onions and garlic in the melted butter or ghee on a medium heat for about 5 minutes until soft and golden.
3) Peel... - 46.0555
1. In a salad bowl add the wheat flour, bread flour, gram flour dal, chopped coriander, palak or spinach(if available) and cumin seeds.
2. Add oil, salt and chili powder and mix well.
3. Knead well without adding extra water to form a smooth... - 107.806
Pluck spinach leaves and wash thoroughly.
Place all ingredients except ghee in a pressure cooker and cook under pressure for 10 minutes.
Heat ghee and pour over spinach.
Serve hot with roti. - 38.6609
Spinach And Split Pea Soup
1. Wash and drain the split peas.
2. In a saucepan, cover the split peas with 2 cups of water and allow to soak for a minimum of 1/2 an hour.
3. Add additional 2 ½ cups water to the soaked split peas and place the saucepan on a medium... - 48.6474
Easy Spinach Dal
The combination of spinach and lentil is too delicious and too nutritious for all the health conscious foodies. You can prepare it easily after watching the video. It is a perfect comfort soup for a chilled afternoon. Enjoy this soup alone or with bread rolls. - 133.568
Aromatic Chicken Curry
1. Put the lentils in a sieve and rinse thoroughly under cold running water.
2. Dry-fry the ground coriander and cumin seeds in a large saucepan over a low heat for about 30 seconds. Stir in the curry paste.
3. Add the lentils to the saucepan with the bay... - 42.3468
Fragrant Chicken Curry
1. Rinse the lentils under cold running water. Put in a large, heavy-based saucepan with the curry powder, ground coriander, cumin seeds and stock.
2. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
3. Add the chicken and... - 37.8738
Indian Tomato Asparagus Curry
Take a look at this excellent video that shows an ethnic Indian carrot asparagus curry. This curry is a fantastic recipe for cold season to warm up your body. Watch this impressive video and make this wonderful dish that you and your family would definitely... - 111.205
Sambhar / Indian Curry
Learn how to make this delicious and healthy South Indian curry using Lentils (urad/arhar/toor dal) and vegetables. This curry soup is best enjoyed with Dosa (dosai), Idlis or rice. You can store it in fridge for upto 5 days or freeze it for upto 3 months. - 0
Soak lentils, split pea in water overnight, drain, set aside.
Heat oil in pan, add fenugreek seeds, garlic, saute until golden brown.
Add onion, saute until transparent.
Add lentils, turmeric, chilli, cook on high for 1 minute.
Add water, bring to boil,... - 46.6888
1. Soak lentils 1/2 hr in hot water, drain. Wash spinach, separate leaves from stalks, cut stalks 5 cm in length, roughly chop leaves.
2. Cook lentil, spinach stalks and turmeric in 1 cup water mixed with 1 teaspoon salt till lentils are cooked. Keep... - 42.6895
A Gujarati Dinner From Mumbai, India
If you have run out of ideas to serve a different style of dinner platter, consider these amazing vegetarian authentic Gujarati recipes, coming from a US chef! Bale Dave adds a special touch to the typical Indian main course khichdee (mix of lentils and rice)... - 82.4801
Sauteed Mini Chicken Burgers
Our kids gobbled up these delicious patties suggested by our friend Mark Spindel. They're so versatile -- the basic recipe is delicious, or you can give them an Indian flavor by adding curry powder or an Asian flavor by adding a little ginger and soy or... - 42.3956
The formal name for yellow peanut rice is fittingly chitranna:) It is a South Indian recipe from Bangalore that I grew up eating. The rice is yellow from turmeric and flavored with lemon, coconut, fried peanuts, dals and spices. Since it is so colorful it is... - 133.306