- » Curried Lentil Brown Rice
Curried Lentil Brown Rice Recipes
Enjoy our collection of curried lentil brown rice recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for curried lentil brown rice recipes.
Rice And Brown Lentil Soup
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan or a stock pot, heat the oil over a medium flame.
2. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seed and wait till they begin to splutter.
3. Add the turmeric and curry powder and sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Further add... - 48.7425
Lentils With Rice And Curry
Place lentils and 4 cups of the broth or water in a large, heavy pot.
Cover, bring to a boil, lower heat, and let lentils simmer gently for 20 minutes.
While the lentils are cooking, heat the remaining 1/4 cup broth in a skillet over medium heat.
Add the... - 43.8364
Lentil Curry With Rice
1) Clean and wash lentils. Soak overnight in milk in refrigerator and keep aside.
2) In a skillet heat shortening, brown onion.
3) Stir in water, curry powder, lentils, and milk over simmering heat for 1 hour till tender.
4) Add water... - 40.5854
Indian Lentils With Rice
1 ln a large heavy saucepan, heat the oil over moderately high heat until very hot but not smoking.
Add the onions and stir to coat with the oil.
Add 1/4 cup of the stock, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are... - 40.7086
1. Combine the lentils and water. Add one of the onions and salt to taste and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the lentils are tender, thirty to forty minutes. Drain.
2. In a skillet heat the butter, add the remaining onion and the... - 33.1973
1. In a medium stock pot or saucepan, cover the lentil with double the amount of water and soak for a minimum of 2 hours.
2. If using brown rice, soak the rice with the lentils in the same pot.
3. Just before cooking, drain the water from the... - 49.2135
Red Lentils And Rice
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, combine lentils, water, and salt
2. Cover pan with its lid and bring lentils to a boil.
3. Reduce the flame for low and simmers for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat oil.
5. Add... - 48.2264
Lentil Soup - Dal Fry
How to make Dal soup? Recipe for Dal Tadka, Easy Dal Fry, East Indian food, Lentil Recipe. - 0
1. In a large heavy skillet or stock pot, heat the oil over moderate heat
2. Add and sauté the onion, garlic and carrot just until vegetables are limp.
3. Add the remaining ingredients except for water and sauté lightly just until the flavors are... - 50.571
Ghambar Ni Dar
Boil dal with crushed green chillies, turmeric and masala powder and chopped ingredients and cook till done.
Puree or pass through a colander.
Heat fat in a large pan and add cumin seeds.
Fry till spluttering.
Add onions and fry till light brown.
Add... - 47.2831
Easy Dhokar Dalna
This is a very tasty recipe made of bengal gram (lentil). It is so tasty that you will be surprised and that is why the name. It is by itself a whole meal. Try it today. - 49.5194
Green Beans Dal Curry Dry
This is a typical tamil dish, made in most tamil homes. Though it does not have many spices going into it, it is quite delicious and can be eaten on its own. - 0
Sabut Udad Dal
Whole black gram cooked with all the aromatic flavors of ginger, garlic and garam masala. I often serve this with rice but this dish tastes equally great with paratha also. - 0
Those of you who mostly eat Indian cuisine will find the recipe of dal very useful. In most of the house holds of India dal is prepared daily. The chef prepares the dal in gujarati style. This dish can be served with hot rice or roti. You can impress your... - 103.187
1) Prepare the lentils by cooking in 2 cups of water for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils get ready.
2) Use a fry pan to add oil. Heat up oil for frying onion, garlic, ginger and pepper to brown.
3) Stir in the cooked lentils into the... - 48.9671
Toover Ni Dal
Wash dal and cover with 3-4 cups water.
Add salt and bring to boil.
Lower heat and simmer till done.
Puree, and if too thick add a little water.
Heat ghee in a small frying pan and fry onions till brown.
Add ground spices and saute for 2-4 minutes.
Add... - 48.6837
My friend, who is a professional chef at Oberoi Hotel, gave me this Dal Tadka recipe. I like this healthy Dal Tadka recipe very much. Dal Tadka is a very common dish in the India. It is a good source of high protein. It is primarily eaten during Lunch. Dal... - 54.923
Bapaiji Imi Dhansakh Nidar ( Traditional Parsi Dal )
1. Clean the drumsticks, cut each into 3 to 4 pieces and boil in salted water. Drain and set aside.
2. Wash the dal and soak it in water for 15-20 minutes.
3. Wash and chop the spring onions, chillies, methi bhaji, brinjal, pumpkin and radish leaves.
4. Wash... - 38.5139
Here is a rich curry, which can be prepared in minutes! Check out Masoor dal. A very common dish in Indian households, this recipe is quick and easy to prepare. This is served with cooked rice. Add a vegetable dish to it and you get a complete meal. - 113.425
I like this healthy Dal Palak Recipe. This recipe will help you in living longer. Dal Palak is an Indian dish mostly eaten during lunch. It goes well with plain rice, but it can also be eaten with roti. You should try this Dal Palak recipe. - 47.6887
1) Clean and wash the lentils in water and soak for about 30 minutes. Drain.
2)In a deep saucepan, add the lentils and salt along with water and bring to boil.
3)Decrease heat and cover pan. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remove scum from... - 49.108
Sambhar - Lentil And Vegetable Soup
If you're planning to make sambhar, then you must try this recipe. Chef Bhavna shows how to make the delicious sambhar. This is a very famous South Indian dish. Sambhar is served with hot idlis and dosa. Do try out this recipe and don't forget to watch the... - 111.032
Dal Makhani (indian Lentils)
How to make Dal Makhani (Indian Lentils) at home. Lentils curry cooked with cream and a variety of Indian spices. - 0
Khatha Meetha Spicy Dal
This Sweet Sour Spicy Dal tastes good with both rice and roti. It caters well to all taste buds, as I have seen it with my family. Every member of my family thoroughly enjoys this dal, which is very easy to prepare. - 0
Protein Rich Flavorful Hearty Mulligatawny Soup
Mulligatawny is a curry flavored soup originating from South India, specifically Tamil Nadu. Translated from the local language, Tamil, it literally means "pepper water". From the south of India, this soup has travelled far and wide, and made its presence... - 0
1.In a pressure cooker, add the yellow lentil, water, turmeric powder, chili powder, few drops of oil and boil it for 4 whistles.
2.Once it cools, mash the mixture with a ladle and keep it aside.
3.Heat oil in a pan, and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds,... - 0
Masala Dal With Drumsticks And Raw Mangoes
Wash the dal twice and place in a pressure cooker along with the red pumpkin, brinjal, radish leaves, green chillis, spring onion, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt and plenty of water. Cook till tender. Then grind in a moulee legume till soft and... - 33.3941
1. In a small bowl add tamarind paste, pour water in it and microwave it for 45 seconds.
2. In a hot pan, heat oil, add urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chili, black pepper and crushed garlic, curry leaves, turmeric powder... - 86.5347
Bottlegourd Dal - Sorakaya Pappu
This is a simple dal and very comforting side dish that is perfect for everyday cooking. The natural taste of the bottle gourd adds nice flavor to the dal and make it really tasty without any spices other than the basic spices. - 0
Home Style Veg Masoor Dal
I doubt, if there can be any better accompaniment for plain rice than this Home Style Veg Masoor Dal! Yeah, taken from my mom's cookbook and with my own improvizations, this Home Style Veg Masoor Dal has been winning the love of my family and friends for... - 50.7342
1. On a chopping board cut all the vegetables into bite sized pieces and keep aside.
1. In a pan add urad dal, pour in hot water, salt, turmeric powder and let it simmer for 12 minutes on a medium high heat.
2. Partially cook the... - 90.5556
Fragrant Chicken Curry
1. Rinse the lentils under cold running water. Put in a large, heavy-based saucepan with the curry powder, ground coriander, cumin seeds and stock.
2. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
3. Add the chicken and... - 37.8738
Heat oil in heavy pan and gently fry the sliced onions, adding the peeled sliced ginger and the curry powder just before they are soft.
Keep stirring to prevent burning.
Peel and dice the apples and brinjals and stir into the onions, coating well with the... - 33.701
1. Thoroughly wash the rice in cold water until the water runs clean. Drain the rice and keep aside.
2. In a large stock pot or heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter or ghee on a medium flame.
3. When fat is hot, add the cumin,... - 48.1709
Sambhar / Indian Curry
Learn how to make this delicious and healthy South Indian curry using Lentils (urad/arhar/toor dal) and vegetables. This curry soup is best enjoyed with Dosa (dosai), Idlis or rice. You can store it in fridge for upto 5 days or freeze it for upto 3 months. - 0
Moong Dal Methi Dal
Fenugreek leaves dal is a very healthy lentil that is generally eaten with rotis in India. However, it is also enjoyed with rice. This dal is a rich source of proteins (from the mung bean) and minerals and vitamins from the fenugreek leaves. Hence, ideal for... - 0
This no-frills daal recipe was given to me by my Mother-in-Law. Varan is a Maharastrian style daal which tastes great with chapattis or plain white rice. - 46.727
The formal name for yellow peanut rice is fittingly chitranna:) It is a South Indian recipe from Bangalore that I grew up eating. The rice is yellow from turmeric and flavored with lemon, coconut, fried peanuts, dals and spices. Since it is so colorful it is... - 133.306
Mamaiji's Dhan Sakh
Mix fenugreek leaves with half tsp salt and leave for twenty minutes.
Squeeze out water to remove bitterness from leaves.
Rub ginger and garlic paste into meat pieces, place in a pan, add salt and water to cover.
Bring to boil and lower heat.
Simmer till meat... - 47.3739
Mix fenugreek leaves with half tsp salt and leave for twenty minutes.
Squeeze out water to remove bitterness from leaves.
Wash dais well and mix with meat and chopped ingredients for dal mixture and meat.
Put into a pan with water to cover by one inch.
Bring... - 47.1748
Yellow Peanut Rice
This rice is authentic South Indian rice made on several occasions. It is simple and tastes really good. Watch the video to learn about the different ingredients and method of preparing it. - 131.952
Nutty Carrot Rice Loaf
1. Preheat and oven to 350°F
2. Grease a loaf tin with oil or butter.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter water, parsley, thyme and salt. Use a wooden spoon to blend well.
2. Add the cooked rice, grated carrots and... - 44.2784
Barley Rice Pilaf
1. In a large stock pot or heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the rice, barley and sesame seeds and dry roast for 5 minutes, sautéing continuously till well toasted.
2. When the grains are toasted, pour in the water or stock and bring to a boil.
3.... - 49.8483
In a pan, bring the water to a boil over medium heat.
Add the salt, lentils, garlic, and turmeric, stir, and bring to a boil again.
Reduce the heat, cover partially, and cook for 25-30 minutes, until the lentils are soft and mushy, stirring... - 49.3073
Masala Bhindi Aur Dal
Pick over and rinse the lentils or split peas.
Place the water and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Add the lentils and cook until soft but not mushy.
Drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok or any round-bottomed pan over medium... - 48.3427
Masoor Dal Sabji Wali
In a pan, bring the water to a boil over medium heat.
Add the lentils, garlic, turmeric, and salt.
Reduce the heat, cover partially, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils are almost cooked.
Stir in all the vegetables, cover, and continue cooking... - 48.3888
Gongura Pappu is a popular Andhra dish and made in most homes of the local people. It tastes very good with hot steamed rice and a dollop of ghee added to the rice. Check this recipe to know its preparation. - 0
This is a very famous south indian side dish. All vegans luv this dish for its taste & nutritional value..In Tamil "paruppu" means "dal/lentils" and "usili" means "Broken Crumbles". Hence named it as 'lentil crumbled veggie curry'.This can also be prepared... - 46.5663
1 Mix and wash thoroughly all Dals (lentils). Soak for 15 minutes. Cook slowly in medium heat until half done.
2 Heat ½ of ghee and fry onions. Add all of the spices until onions are fried until light golden brown.
3 Add the onion and mixture to Dals... - 41.4147
Badam Araitha Keerai Kootu
The badam araitha keerai kootu is a cooked lentil preparation from south india that is made with three lentils and spinach. Cooked together with almond paste and spices like green chilies, asafoetida and turmeric. Served hot it goes best with rice or rotis. - 46.9829
My Mom-in-law's Delicious Dhansak
Dhansak is a popular Parsi dish and is considered a classic. Its ideally eaten with steamed rice; however, it tastes good even with bread. Check out this recipe to know its preparation. - 0
Baked Stuffed Onions
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2) Cut the tops of all the onions.
3) Scoop out maximum fleshy part from inside the onions, leaving 2 to 3 onion layers and the skin.
4) Cut off a thin slice from the onion’s bottom (root end), taking... - 44.0727
Red Beans Lentil Dish. Rajma and Rice is a popular combination of N. India. - 47.3167
Boil the toor dal and keep. Clean the chicken add turmeric ,salt, 2 spoons of tomato puree, 1 spoon ginger garlic paste,mix well and keep.
Take a heavy bottom saucepan . Add oil,heat it. Now add tej patta, jeera. Then put chopped onions in it. Fry the onions... - 16.7674
Special Kerala-style Sambar
Someone who is not from Kerala is sure to ask “What is so special about Kerala Sambar?” The answer you are likely to get from someone who is from Kerala is “It’s different from the from the typical Sambars made in the other South Indian states.”... - 110.501
The yummy parsi dish, Chicken Dhansak is a meal in itself! Serve the Chicken Dhansak the next time you host a party! I promise you, your guests will love the flavor of Chicken Dhansak! - 47.9725
Indian Poori is so favorite for my kids, that I prepare it quite frequently. I learnt this from one of my Indian friends. However, this video also shows you in detail the cooking procedure, from which you can easily learn and try out. - 115.033
1. Boil rice and lentils separately. Cool.
2. Chop hard-boiled eggs finely.
3. Mix with the cold cooked rice, lentils pepper, curry powder, salt, tomato puree and finely chopped ginger.
4. Shape into sausages. Coat in egg and breadcrumbs. Fry in deep fat till... - 38.0669
Soak the lentils in water to cover for 30 minutes.
Heat the ghee and saute the onions until they are soft but not brown.
Add tomatoes, chili powder, turmeric and salt.
Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Drain the lentils and put them in a pan with enough water to... - 34.8293
Ever heard of hyderabadi haleem? It is a popular dish of Indian cuisine which is also relished in Pakistan, Turkey, Afghanistan and Iran. This meat stew is healthy and is prepared by combing leftover lentils, rice and meat. So, enjoy it a sa one meal dish or... - 106.733
Mulligatawny Soup With Raisins
Soak the lentils in cold water overnight; rinse and drain.
Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and fry until browned.
Stir in the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic, lentils and remaining ingredients, with salt and... - 42.1078
Spicy Indian Snack
Spicy Indian Snack€¦.hmmm€¦spicy and a great combo as well. I am sure you even loved the sound of this Spicy Indian Snack. So enjoy cooking it. - 40.8462
Yellow cucumber are full of flavor and have a sour taste to them because of which the dal gets a slight sourness. Though it is commonly made into chutney in Andhra, it is also included in dals and adds a nice flavor. It tastes good with hot rice. - 0
The South Indian Medu vada is a savoury fried donut made of a fermented batter.It is a favourite on many occasions and is an excellent breakfast and snack item in most South Indian homes and spreads. It is best when served with coconut chutney and sambar... - 39.3652
Masoor Dal Fry
1. Wash and rinse the masoor dal (skinless brown lentil) several times, until the rinsed water is clear. Set this aside.
2. Wash, rinse and chop all the vegetables (shredded carrots are used).
3. Heat the pressure cooker on a medium... - 0
Veggie Masala Burger
This is the best-tasting veggie burger I have ever eaten! The spice and veggie combination gives a wonderful flavor and terrific texture. - 45.9997
Spicy Carrot Fry / Gajar Ki Sabji
Demonstrating how to make Indian style Spicy carrot fry which is a quick and simple Carrot side dish to be enjoyed along with curries or Lentil soup and roti/rice. Carrots are healthy, flavorful and really tasty when cooked along with simple Indian spices in... - 0
The day before your party, heat the oil and brown chicken pieces.
Add 1 quart broth or water plus 2 teaspoons salt.
Add bay leaves and cover.
Simmer until chicken is tender, about 40 minutes for fryers, 1 1/2 to 2 hours for fowl.
Drain and refrigerate... - 40.6458
Luchi is a type of puffed bread and it is very popular to all Bengali people. Basically, it is a breakfast item served with spicy potato curry, Bengal gram lentil or spicy chicken. However, you can also serve it with fruit jam or honey. In many of the Bengali... - 40.2482
Sauteed Mini Chicken Burgers
Our kids gobbled up these delicious patties suggested by our friend Mark Spindel. They're so versatile -- the basic recipe is delicious, or you can give them an Indian flavor by adding curry powder or an Asian flavor by adding a little ginger and soy or... - 42.3956
Bototie - South African Meat Casserole
Bobotie is a classic South African casserole meat dish that was brought to the Cape by the Indonesian slaves brought there to work by the Dutch East India Company. It is a gently-spiced mince dish full of raisins covered with a layer of savory egg custard. - 49.9325