- » Curing Fish
Curing Fish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of curing fish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for curing fish recipes.
Pepper Lemon Cured Striped Bass
1. With vegetable peeler or fish scaler, remove any scales from fish. With knife, cut 3 or 4 slashes, about 1/2 inch deep, on each side of fish. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
2. In small bowl, mix lemon peel, salt, and seasoned pepper. With hands,... - 27.4247
Cured Trout is something that my husband loves having. This is Cured Trout recipe that I got from my mother in law. Enjoy them! - 26.9362
Lemon Cured Sardines
Place fish in single layer in shallow dish; pour over lemon juice.
Cover; refrigerate overnight.
Drain; discard juice.
Quarter capsicum, remove and discard seeds and membranes.
Roast under grill or in very hot oven, skin-side up, until skinblisters and... - 40.0915
If you are looking for quick, delicious dinner dish that will fill you up without undoing your diet, lox is what you need. This Nordic delight is again deceptively simple to prepare and is loaded with nutrients and is any day a cost-effective way to satiate... - 81.708
Smoked Irish Salmon By Good Food Ireland
Niall Murphy of Donnybrook Fair combines two of Ireland's classics, salmon and whiskey to create this dish. Served with beetroot, fresh cream, buttermilk and dill, this is light and full of flavour. Read this full Good Food Ireland recipe Irish Whiskey... - 0
Irish Cured Trout
On day curing process is begun, wash fish; pat dry with paper towels.
Place on large nonmetallic platter.
Combine seasonings; place in small shaker bottle.
On day 1 rub fish with 1/3 of salt mixture.
Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate.
On day 2 drain any... - 34.4502
Gravlax - Part 1 Curing The Salmon
Lots of people try to smoke salmon at home, but using a high-temp smoker basically just produces cooked salmon with a smoked flavor. Making Gravlax or smoked salmon at home will not save you a whole lot of money and will need patience but will definitely give... - 86.9603
Brown Sugar Cured Salmon Fillets
Cut salmon on flesh side in a crisscross pattern.
Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper and brush or spoon on the fleshy side of the fish.
Wrap in plastic wrap and then place in a tightly sealed plastic bag.
Refrigerate up to 24 hours.
Rotate the... - 27.4992
Pepper Cured Smoked Salmon
COMBINE THE WARM WATER, wine, brown sugar, salt, garlic, cardamom, juniper berries, and thyme in a 9- by 13-inch baking dish and stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved.
Let cool completely.
CUT THE SALMON into 4-ounce pieces and set them in the... - 41.5899
Swedish Gravad Lax
Gravad lax, in the older days was made by fishermen, who salted the salmon and lightly fermented it by burying it in the sand above the high-tide line. But now a jewel in the menus of high end restaurants is a beautiful creation of curing meat with salt and... - 43.7221
Gravlax - Part 2 Finishing
Making Gravlax or smoked salmon, Scandinavian style, at home is a way to show off your culinary skills! You don’t need a smoker or smoking liquid. The result of curing the salmon in salt, sugar and smoked paprika, for two days gives a beautiful piece of... - 87.6373
Bonavista Bay Cods' Tongues
Rinse tongues and scrape lightly to clean.
If tongues are salted, soak them in cold water 10 minutes.
Mix flour and salt.
Dip tongues in milk and roll in flour.
Fry in hot fat 3 to 5 minutes. - 27.4129
Trout With Salami Topping
Thaw frozen fish; dry with paper toweling.
Combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Roll fish in flour mixture.
In a large heavy skillet melt the butter.
Place fish in skillet in a single layer.
Fry till browned on one side, 4 to 5 minutes.
Turn... - 40.6064
Pinoy Ginisang Togue
Mung bean sprouts may not be the tastiest form of proteins but boy are they good for health?! These bean sprouts are high in protein, fiber and great for digestion so if you are counting calories and watching your cholesterol make sure to include these... - 123.568
Make the filling: In a bowl toss together the scrod, the olives, the tomatoes, the scallions, the chilies, the lime juice, the vinegar, the oil, the coriander, and salt and black pepper to taste and chill the filling, covered, for at least 1 hour or overn - 17.9247
Dry Fish Curry
A dry fish curry, prominent towards the southern regions of India, (kerala). It has different variations depending on the region. This i presume would be one of the easiest methods that would work great for working class people and families that are on the go. - 46.589
Fish Fillets With Tomatoes And Olives In Parchment
On a work surface brush 1 of the pieces of parchment with the oil, turn it over, and brush the other side with the oil.
Arrange a second piece of parchment on top of the first, brush it with the oil, and layer the remaining 2 pieces on top in the same man - 19.1446
Italian Style Grilled Fish Salad
Grate 1 teaspoon peel (colored part only) from orange; set aside.
With a sharp knife, cut remaining peel and all white membrane from outside of orange; thinly slice orange crosswise.
Divide arugula between 2 dinner plates, then alternate melba toast, onion... - 43.9544
Italian Style Grilled Fish Salad
Grate 1 teaspoon peel from oranges; set aside.
Cut off and discard remaining peel and white membrane; thinly slice fruit crosswise.
On 4 dinner plates, arrange equal amounts of arugula, then alternate slices of toast, onion, and orange on greens.
Scatter... - 41.6076
If you're using fresh salmon, freeze for at least 7 days at 0°F before curing to destroy any dangerous parasites.
If you buy frozen (or frozen and thawed) salmon, this step isn't necessary.
Rinse fish, pat dry, and rub with oil.
Mix sugar, salt, and crushed... - 41.432
Marinated Sardine Fillets
1. If sardines or herring are not filleted: then take a very sharp small knife, and use it to remove a fillet from a sardine by running the knife along the length of the spine, from head to tail, remove the fillet from the fish, make sure to... - 35.2988
Salmon And Tuna Sashimi
Prepare the horseradish by adding enough water to make a firm paste.
Shape the paste into a cone and place in a small dish.
Cut the fish across the grain into thin slices and arrange on a chilled plate.
Pour the soy sauce into a small bowl.
Arrange the... - 21.5549
This classic Salade Niçoise is updated using purple potatoes and fresh asparagus. You can either use canned albacore or seared fresh ahi. Sometimes I use Haricot Verts, but love the freshness and texture of Spring asparagus. You can use either oil canned... - 47.1909
Grilled Swordfish Salad
Grate 1 teaspoon peel (colored part only) from one of the oranges; set aside.
Cut off and discard all remaining peel and white membrane from oranges; thinly slice fruit crosswise.
Divide arugula equally among 4 dinner plates, then arrange onion and orange... - 39.8559
Italian Style Swordfish Salad
Grate 1 teaspoon zest from 1 orange; set aside.
Cut off remaining peel and white membrane from oranges; thinly slice fruit crosswise.
Mound arugula on individual plates; top with toast, onion, and orange slices.
Scatter olives over salads.
Combine... - 46.8866
Plaice And Parma Roulades With Vine Leaves
1. Cut each plaice fillet in half lengthways and place on a board, skinned side up.
2. Lay half a slice of ham on each halved fillet and roll up from the tail towards the head end. Push a wooden cocktail stick through each end to secure it firmly.
3. Repeat... - 42.6894
Red Snapper Vera Cruz
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a 12-inch ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and jalapefio peppers and saute for 8 minutes or until tender.
2. Add the tomatoes with their juices, the tomato sauce, oregano, and... - 32.1672
Sopa Al Cuarto De Hora
Rinse clams in cold water and let sit in bowl of water for at least an hour to remove sand.
Cook clams until they open in water to cover.
Remove one shell from each, set aside, and pass the liquid through a kitchen towel or cloth in order to strain out any... - 41.4349
In a medium size saucepan, preferably not aluminum, combine the anchovies and tomato sauce, and bring to a simmer.
Partially cover the pan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heal: and set it aside uncovered.
Rinse the squid... - 40.9675
Quick Paella With Monkfish
Combine the monkfish with the wine in a flat glass or porcelain dish just large enough to hold the fish and set aside.
In a medium large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil until fragrant.
Add the sausage pieces and saute them over medium-high heat for 4... - 44.4456
Fresh Tuna Provencal
Peel and slice the eggplant into rounds.
Salt both sides and stand the slices in a colander to drain for 30 minutes.
Rinse the slices, squeeze out the moisture, and pat them dry.
Dice the eggplant.
Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch skillet.
Saute the green... - 41.946
Cooked Beef Salad With Mustard Anchovy Dressing
1) In a mixing bowl, add strips of beef, sliced onion, beans, celery, olives, diced tomato and parsley leaves.
2) Use a mortar and pestle to prepare the dressing. Alternately, use a small bowl and back of a wooden spoon, to mash together mustard,... - 45.4426
Trucha A La Navarra
Heat olive oil in a large: skillet with three whole garlic cloves until the garlic is browned.
Discard garlic and save oil for frying trout. Through the opening at the gills of the fish, stuff a thin, rolled piece of cured ham.
Sprinkle fish with salt, dust... - 28.2537
Upside Down Eggs
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C).
2) In an ungreased pan, sear the ground pork for 2 minutes.
3) Remove the yolks from the hard-boiled eggs, keep aside.
4) Cook the garlic and shallots over a charcoal fire, or bake in a... - 45.8447
If there is dish you have grown eating since childhood, the beef jerky is the best recipe to - 69.5454
Smoked Salmon: The Quintessential New York Breakfast
1. In a large bowl combine the salt, sugar, seasoning mix and the seasoned pepper.
2. Place the salmon fillets in a tray and cover the salmon fillet with the salt mixture.
3. Leave it to cure in the refrigerator for two days.
4. Once all the... - 72.7461
Fresh Salmon Carpaccio
1. Wash, rinse and dry the salmon and wrap it in cling film. Chill the salmon for an hour to make it easier to slice.
2. In a bowl, mix zest grated from one lemon, dill, shallots, sugar and one teaspoon of sea salt. Add the juice of the... - 38.8025
Greek Islands Sea Bass
1) Prepare the herb-infused oil in a saucepan heating the olive oil for 1 minute over medium heat.
2) Take off from heat, add oregano, lemon zest and garlic.
3) Let stand for 1 hour or overnight at room temperature.
4) Transfer to a portable leak proof... - 44.0273
French Boiled Fowl
Chop very finely 2 shallots, 1 clove of garlic, the tarragon, and 3 sprigs of the parsley.
Mix with chopped bacon, ham, and the chicken's liver.
Add the bread, which you have soaked in milk, then squeezed to remove surplus moisture, together with the... - 37.7608