- » Cumin
Cumin is a spice that belongs to the family of parsley. Cumin looks like a pale green seed that is obtained from a herb plant called ‘Cuminum cyminum’. Cumin seeds have elliptical shape and a little ... More »
Healthy Cumin Fish
For a fish dish that crackles with Indian flavors, this could be a great choice. The zesty flavor of cumin pumps up the flavor of all fish that makes for an excellent dish. This video presents a fish recipe that packs in tons of flavor but very little fat and... - 113.226
1)In a bowl, soak tamarind for 15-20 minutes and filter it. Add water and mix well.
2)Add all the remaining ingredients to the water and mix well. Chill it.
3)Serve the chilled zeerajal with golgappas or alone. - 47.8139
Sweet Peppers And Cumin Rice
1) Chop white portion of scallions to measure 1 1/2 cups. Reserve greens.
2) Halve, core, seseed and cube bell peppers.
3) In small saucepan, boil chicken stock over medium heat.
4) In a large heavy saucepan melt butter over medium... - 46.5092
Duck Breasts With Fresh Pear And Cumin
Slash through the fat of the skin side of the duck breasts, making a lattice pattern.
Rub in on both sides 2 capfuls of Poire William, the ground cumin and garlic, and leave to marinate at room temperature for at least an hour.
Heat a non-stick pan and toss... - 45.7264
Peas And Tomatoes With Whole Cumin
1. Remove the peas from their shell and keep them aside.
2. Take a small cup and mix together cumin, coriander, Cayenne, turmeric, black pepper, ginger, and nutmeg.
3. Add 5 tablespoons of warm water. Let it set aside.
4. In large pan, heat oil on... - 45.4108
Cumin Covered Cock
The French sometimes use chicken.
Boil cumin in olive oil for 1 hour.
Prepare dough to cover cock: Mix butter, egg, water, salt and pepper.
Blend in flour.
Place on lightly floured board.
Knead with palm of hand.
Work into a large... - 45.0694
Mushrooms With Cumin And Asafoetida
Chop off the coarse stem ends.
Heat oil in 3-quart pot over medium heat, and put in the asafetida.
It will sizzle and expand within 5 seconds.
Now add the cumin seeds, and as soon as they darken (5 to 10 seconds), the red peppers.
Stir once... - 44.0336
Potatoes With Asafoetida And Cumin
Wash, peel, and quarter potatoes.
Put them in bowl with cold water to cover.
In 2-3-quart pot, heat oil over medium heat.
As it heats, put potatoes in colander to drain.
When the fat is hot, put in the asafetida; after it sizzles (5 seconds), add the cumin... - 43.5126
Whole Pea Pods With Cumin
Wash the pea pods, discarding any old ones.
Heat the oil in a wide 10-12-inch casserole-type pot over medium heat.
When hot, add the asafetida and cumin seeds.
In 10 or 20 seconds the cumin seeds will begin to change color.
Put in the pea pods immediately and... - 43.2028
Rice With Cumin And Pimiento
1) Skin and mince garlic.
2) Clean pimiento and cube into 1/2-inch dice.
3) In a heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in rice and garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Mix paprika and cumin and stir for 1 minute.
5) Mix... - 43.0981
Peanut And Cumin Pate
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a microwave, roast the peanuts for 4-5 minutes by occasionally shaking the dish.
3. Add cumin seeds and roast for about a minute.
4. Add the nuts to oven and roast.
5. Adjust oven at gas 5,... - 40.8202
Rice With Potatoes And Cumin Seed
Peel potato, dice into 3/4-inch cubes.
Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pot (with tight-fitting lid—to be used later) over medium heat.
When very hot, add the cumin seeds, and after they have begun to change color and "pop" (about 10 to 20 seconds), put in the... - 40.2473
Cut the fish into 8 pieces.
Crush the garlic and mix it to a paste with the cumin and chilli powder.
Heat the oil in a large pan.
Add the onions and saute until they are golden brown.
Then add the whole chillies and the garlic and spice paste.
Continue frying... - 39.6445
Potatoes With Cumin
1) In a saucepan, boil potatoes in salted water to cover for 7 minutes until tender.
2) Drain the potatoes and put in hot pot to dry them out.
3) Heat skillet over medium-high to high heat.
4) Stir in cumin seeds and let it splutter.
5) Add oil and... - 38.6982
Cumin Rice With Pignoli
Soak rice in water for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
Heat oil in skillet.
Add onion and saute until it begins to turn golden.
Add rice and soaking water along with cumin and pepper.
Bring to boil.
Reduce heat and cover.
Cook rice at simmer about... - 37.8221
Spinach Stuffed Cumin Crespelle
1. Prepare the crespelle. In a large bowl, combine flour and milk; mix lightly.
2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the cumin and salt, and add it to the flour mixture. Add spinach and butter. Beat until smooth. Let rest for at least 1 hour. When ready to... - 36.693
Saurage Puffed Pockets
Let pie crusts stand at room temperature 20 minutes or according to package directions.
Meanwhile, crumble sausage into medium skillet.
Add onion, oregano, garlic powder and cumin.
Cook over medium-high heat until sausage is browned, stirring... - 36.0894
Cumin Scented White Rice
Heat the lard in a saucepan.
Add the garlic and onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are translucent, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the cumin and bay leaves and cook until the cumin is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Add the... - 35.9308
Shark With Lime Cumin Marinade
Rinse steaks; pat dry with paper towels.
In a plastic food-storage bag, combine lime peel, lime juice, cumin and oil.
If desired, chop 5 or 6 cilantro sprigs; add to juice mixture.
Reserve remaining cilantro for garnish.
Place fish in bag; close... - 35.153
Grilled Zucchini With Cumin Butter
Heat the broiler.
Stir the cumin butter ingredients together in a bowl.
Slice the zucchini into halves lengthwise and spread the butter over them.
Place them on a broiler rack about 5 inches from the source of heat.
Cook for 8 minutes, until just tender. - 33.5772
Baby Potatoes With Cumin
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. On a cookie sheet Set potatoes drizzling them with about 1 & 1/2 tablespoons oil enough to coat them lightly.
3. with cumin seed or ground cumin toss potatoes, then roast in a hot oven for about 20 minutes... - 33.2443
Haandi Rice With Cumin
1. Wash the rice well, drain and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a haandi and fry the cumin seeds, curry leaves and dried red chillies, if using, for about 1 minute. Add the rice and stir gently with a slotted spoon for about 1 minute.
3. Add the salt, water... - 33.2355
Orange Cumin Tuna
For sauce, in a small saucepan combine cornstarch, sugar, cumin, and salt.
Stir in orange juice.
Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
Remove from heat.
Cover to keep warm while cooking fish.
Spray the cold rack of an... - 33.2028
Cumin Seed Appetizer
Soak tamarind in a cup of water.
If you are using jaggery, put it in a little water to soak.
Roast the cumin seeds on a griddle and grind them.
Extract a thick juice from the tamarind and strain it.
Add the sugar or jaggery, spices and mint leaves and... - 32.8069
Yellow Squash With Cumin
1. In a pan heat oil and cook the sliced onions with cumin over medium heat until soft.
2. Now add the sliced squash; add black pepper and continue to cook for about 10 minutes with the lid on.
3. Once the squash becomes tender add the lemon juice and... - 31.7266
Brown semolina on a tava or lohri or frying pan, stirring all the time so that it browns evenly.
Melt butter in a pan with oil.
Brown onion and add cumin seeds and semolina.
Cover mixture with hot water and cook on low heat till all water is... - 31.4764
Cumin Peppers And Onion
1) In a 1-quart casserole add green pepper strips, red pepper strips, onion, butter or margarine, and cumin. Mix thoroughly.
2) Cook covered until vegetables are crisp-tender on 100% power (high) for 3 to 5 minutes stirring once.
3) Serve with... - 30.6323
Turkey Paupiettes With Cumin
1. Flatten the turkey escalopes or fillet between two sheets of greaseproof paper into eight thin pieces. Season them well.
2. Mix the sausagemeat with 30 ml (2 level tbsp) of the chutney, the nuts and seasoning. Divide the mixture among the escalopes. Roll... - 30.0665
Brown Cumin Rice
Brown cumin in olive oil.
Add chopped onion and saute.
Add rice and water.
Cover; simmer for twenty to thirty minutes, or until done.
Brown rice generally requires a longer cooking period than white rice.
Salt to taste. - 29.8141
1. Heat the oil in a small saucepan, add the cumin seeds and fry until they start popping. Add the pork and cook, stirring, until it has lost its pink colour.
2. Stir in the green pepper, onion, ground cumin and ginger and fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in the... - 29.7437
Sauteed Bananas, Kerala Style
• Peel the bananas and mash them well with a potato masher. Add 1 1/2 cups of water and cook till tender.
• Place a thick bottomed pan on the fire. Add 1/2 cup pure ghee and place it on a medium flame. Put in the curry leaves, the red and green chillies,... - 26.9186
Yogurt Cumin Drink
Combine all ingredients in electric blender and process until smooth.
Chill. - 25.3849
Cumin Pepper Masala
Mix all the ingredients and grind to a fine powder.
Store in a tightly closed bottle.
Sprinkled on fruit juices or sliced fruits adds to the taste. - 25.3584
Cumin Peppers And Onion
In a 1-quart casserole combine green pepper strips, red pepper strips, onion, butter or margarine, and cumin.
Cook, covered, on 100% power (high) for 3 to 5 minutes or till the vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring once.
Serve with beef, pork, lamb, or... - 24.507
Bring broth to a boil and add cumin and rice.
Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is gone.
Add green onions and toss. - 22.0215
Combine all ingredients and store in a jar for up to 6 months. - 21.3061
Chevre With Mint & Cumin
Set cheese on a small plate.
Drizzle olive oil over cheese.
Sprinkle with cumin, cayenne to taste, and mint. - 20.8975
Toasted Ground Cumin
Dry-fry the cumin seeds in a small frying pan until they turn dark brown.
Let them cool, then grind them into a fine powder in a coffee grinder.
Store in an airtight container. - 17.5663
Cumin Recipes By Category