- » Cumin
Cumin is a spice that belongs to the family of parsley. Cumin looks like a pale green seed that is obtained from a herb plant called ‘Cuminum cyminum’. Cumin seeds have elliptical shape and a little ... More »
Healthy Cumin Fish
For a fish dish that crackles with Indian flavors, this could be a great choice. The zesty flavor of cumin pumps up the flavor of all fish that makes for an excellent dish. This video presents a fish recipe that packs in tons of flavor but very little fat and... - 111.56
1)In a bowl, soak tamarind for 15-20 minutes and filter it. Add water and mix well.
2)Add all the remaining ingredients to the water and mix well. Chill it.
3)Serve the chilled zeerajal with golgappas or alone. - 48.2737
Duck Breasts With Fresh Pear And Cumin
Slash through the fat of the skin side of the duck breasts, making a lattice pattern.
Rub in on both sides 2 capfuls of Poire William, the ground cumin and garlic, and leave to marinate at room temperature for at least an hour.
Heat a non-stick pan and toss... - 45.6568
Peas And Tomatoes With Whole Cumin
1. Remove the peas from their shell and keep them aside.
2. Take a small cup and mix together cumin, coriander, Cayenne, turmeric, black pepper, ginger, and nutmeg.
3. Add 5 tablespoons of warm water. Let it set aside.
4. In large pan, heat oil on... - 45.364
Cumin Covered Cock
The French sometimes use chicken.
Boil cumin in olive oil for 1 hour.
Prepare dough to cover cock: Mix butter, egg, water, salt and pepper.
Blend in flour.
Place on lightly floured board.
Knead with palm of hand.
Work into a large... - 45.3014
Whole Pea Pods With Cumin
Wash the pea pods, discarding any old ones.
Heat the oil in a wide 10-12-inch casserole-type pot over medium heat.
When hot, add the asafetida and cumin seeds.
In 10 or 20 seconds the cumin seeds will begin to change color.
Put in the pea pods immediately and... - 43.659
Mushrooms With Cumin And Asafoetida
Chop off the coarse stem ends.
Heat oil in 3-quart pot over medium heat, and put in the asafetida.
It will sizzle and expand within 5 seconds.
Now add the cumin seeds, and as soon as they darken (5 to 10 seconds), the red peppers.
Stir once... - 42.8408
Cut the fish into 8 pieces.
Crush the garlic and mix it to a paste with the cumin and chilli powder.
Heat the oil in a large pan.
Add the onions and saute until they are golden brown.
Then add the whole chillies and the garlic and spice paste.
Continue frying... - 41.9187
Peanut And Cumin Pate
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a microwave, roast the peanuts for 4-5 minutes by occasionally shaking the dish.
3. Add cumin seeds and roast for about a minute.
4. Add the nuts to oven and roast.
5. Adjust oven at gas 5,... - 41.8213
Spinach Stuffed Cumin Crespelle
1. Prepare the crespelle. In a large bowl, combine flour and milk; mix lightly.
2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the cumin and salt, and add it to the flour mixture. Add spinach and butter. Beat until smooth. Let rest for at least 1 hour. When ready to... - 38.9735
Saurage Puffed Pockets
Let pie crusts stand at room temperature 20 minutes or according to package directions.
Meanwhile, crumble sausage into medium skillet.
Add onion, oregano, garlic powder and cumin.
Cook over medium-high heat until sausage is browned, stirring... - 37.7304
Shark With Lime Cumin Marinade
Rinse steaks; pat dry with paper towels.
In a plastic food-storage bag, combine lime peel, lime juice, cumin and oil.
If desired, chop 5 or 6 cilantro sprigs; add to juice mixture.
Reserve remaining cilantro for garnish.
Place fish in bag; close... - 37.6573
Grilled Zucchini With Cumin Butter
Heat the broiler.
Stir the cumin butter ingredients together in a bowl.
Slice the zucchini into halves lengthwise and spread the butter over them.
Place them on a broiler rack about 5 inches from the source of heat.
Cook for 8 minutes, until just tender. - 34.504
Orange Cumin Tuna
For sauce, in a small saucepan combine cornstarch, sugar, cumin, and salt.
Stir in orange juice.
Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
Remove from heat.
Cover to keep warm while cooking fish.
Spray the cold rack of an... - 34.3387
Cumin Seed Appetizer
Soak tamarind in a cup of water.
If you are using jaggery, put it in a little water to soak.
Roast the cumin seeds on a griddle and grind them.
Extract a thick juice from the tamarind and strain it.
Add the sugar or jaggery, spices and mint leaves and... - 33.8814
Yellow Squash With Cumin
1. In a pan heat oil and cook the sliced onions with cumin over medium heat until soft.
2. Now add the sliced squash; add black pepper and continue to cook for about 10 minutes with the lid on.
3. Once the squash becomes tender add the lemon juice and... - 32.919
Turkey Paupiettes With Cumin
1. Flatten the turkey escalopes or fillet between two sheets of greaseproof paper into eight thin pieces. Season them well.
2. Mix the sausagemeat with 30 ml (2 level tbsp) of the chutney, the nuts and seasoning. Divide the mixture among the escalopes. Roll... - 32.1593
Brown semolina on a tava or lohri or frying pan, stirring all the time so that it browns evenly.
Melt butter in a pan with oil.
Brown onion and add cumin seeds and semolina.
Cover mixture with hot water and cook on low heat till all water is... - 32.0871
1. Heat the oil in a small saucepan, add the cumin seeds and fry until they start popping. Add the pork and cook, stirring, until it has lost its pink colour.
2. Stir in the green pepper, onion, ground cumin and ginger and fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in the... - 32.0187
Yogurt Cumin Drink
Combine all ingredients in electric blender and process until smooth.
Chill. - 27.8496
Cumin Pepper Masala
Mix all the ingredients and grind to a fine powder.
Store in a tightly closed bottle.
Sprinkled on fruit juices or sliced fruits adds to the taste. - 27.6984
Sauteed Bananas, Kerala Style
• Peel the bananas and mash them well with a potato masher. Add 1 1/2 cups of water and cook till tender.
• Place a thick bottomed pan on the fire. Add 1/2 cup pure ghee and place it on a medium flame. Put in the curry leaves, the red and green chillies,... - 26.9023
Bring broth to a boil and add cumin and rice.
Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is gone.
Add green onions and toss. - 23.916
Combine all ingredients and store in a jar for up to 6 months. - 22.6473
Chevre With Mint & Cumin
Set cheese on a small plate.
Drizzle olive oil over cheese.
Sprinkle with cumin, cayenne to taste, and mint. - 22.5081
Toasted Ground Cumin
Dry-fry the cumin seeds in a small frying pan until they turn dark brown.
Let them cool, then grind them into a fine powder in a coffee grinder.
Store in an airtight container. - 19.2294
Cumin Recipes By Category