- » Cumberland Sauce
Cumberland Sauce Recipes
Enjoy our collection of cumberland sauce recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for cumberland sauce recipes.
1) Using a peeler, peel thin strip of the orange and lemon
2) In a pot of water, blanch the zest for 2 minutes
3) Drain the zest into a strainer and keep aside
4) In a bowl, squeeze out the juice from the orange and the lemon and keep aside
5)... - 45.3763
Parboil the onions 1 minute in boiling water to cover.
Drain and reserve.
Cut the orange and lemon zest into fine slivers.
Boil rapidly for 5 minutes in water to cover.
Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again.
Combine the onions and zest with the rest of the... - 45.2851
Terrine Maison With Cumberland Sauce
Terrine Maison With Cumberland Sauce is an excellent dish for your weekend luncheons. This mouthwatering and succulent meat preparation is incomparable. Try this wonderful Terrine Maison With Cumberland Sauce recipe. - 45.2532
Meat Pate With Cumberland Sauce
1) Preheat oven to 175'C.
2) In a skillet, heat margarine and fry the liver slices on low heat.
3) In the margarine, brown onion. Keep aside to cool.
4) Cut liver in small cubes.
5) Cut olives and mushrooms in slices.
6) Blend minced... - 44.2863
With a vegetable peeler peel 1 orange and 1 lemon in thin slices with none of the white adhering to them.
Cut peel into very fine shreds.
Mince or chop 3 shallots or onions very finely.
Put into a saucepan with the shredded rind and a little water and boil... - 43.7943
Cumberland Sauce With Red Wine
1.Remove orange and lemon peel and shred the fruits finely.
2.Heat water and scald.
4.Scald chopped shallots in boiling water and drain.
5.In a pan, heat the jelly and add shallot to it.
6.Leave for 10 minutes.
7.Stir in wine... - 43.5851
1) In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, mix all the ingredients.
2) Stir the mixture often for 5 to 10 minutes until the jelly has dissolved.
3) Transfer the jelly mixture to a bowl and allow cooling to room temperature.
4) Keep the sauce in... - 43.2367
1) In a saucepan, parboil the shallot for 2 minutes. Drain it.
2) Similarly parboil the orange and lemon rinds for about 5 minutes. Drain them as well.
3) In a bowl, mix together shallot, orange and lemon rinds, ginger, cayenne, orange and lemon... - 43.1038
1. In a saucepan, take enough water and boil orange and lemon rind, and shallot for five minutes
2. In another saucepan, add the rest of the ingredients and briong to a simmer with the lid on for ten minutes
3. Keep stirring it occasionally
4. To this,... - 42.6612
Apples Glazed With Cumberland Sauce
Put the red currant jelly into a saucepan with the lemon and orange rinds and juice and the red wine.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
Remove the rinds from the saucepan with a slotted spoon.
Dissolve the arrowroot in a... - 42.6051
Gammon With Cumberland Sauce
Place the gammon in a large pan with the bay leaves, peppercorns and onion studded with the cloves.
Cover with cold water, bring to the boil and skim the surface.
Simmer for about 3 1/2 hours, allowing 20 minutes per 500 g (1 lb) plus 20 minutes over.
Leave... - 42.2187
1. Into a saucepan, mix mustard, sugar, ginger, cayenne pepper and salt into a smooth paste with a little of the wine.
2. Stir in the rest of the wine, add cloves and bring to boil, slowly with constant stirring.
3. Lower heat and let it simmer in... - 42.1758
1.Peel orange and lemon without the white pith.
2.Cut the peels into thins shreds.
3.Simmer these peel shreds in 1/4 cup water for 5 minutes.
4.Drain and keep aside.
5.In a small pan, add wine, and squeeze in the lemon and oranges too.
6.Add... - 41.281
Combine orange and lemon peels with juices in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil and simmer until peels become translucent, about 20 minutes.
Strain, returning the liquid to the saucepan.
Stir in the wine, jelly, mustard, ginger, salt and pepper.
Bring to a... - 40.8353
Cumberland Sauce For Ham And Game
How about one great recipe suggestion to attempt today? This Cumberland Sauce For Ham And Game is too good to be missed, so mark it. Cumberland Sauce For Ham And Game goes perfectly as an accompaniment. Just try this yummy recipe. I am sure you will love it! - 40.247
Cumberland Sauce has an ostentatious taste. The lemon and orange gives the Cumberland Sauce an inconceivable taste. Cumberland Sauce is inspired by restaurants internationally. Must try it. - 40.0802
Classic Cumberland Sauce
1) With a knife thinly peel one orange and one lemon.
2) Take out the pith.
3) Shred the peel finely.
4) In a saucepan boil water and add the shreds. Boil for 3 minutes.
5) Drain the shreds and cover with cold water for 1 minute.
6)... - 40.0502
Simple Cumberland Sauce
1) Using a vegetable peeler, peel the rind from both the oranges and lemons.
2) Squeeze the juice from the fruits.
3) Strain ijuice nto a saucepan.
4) Add the redcurrant jelly and stir over low heat until the jelly has melted.
5)... - 39.3662
Simple Cumberland Sauce
1.Heat currant jelly until melted.
2.Add port and juice of lemon and orange to it and stir well.
3.Put grated lemon, orange rind, mustard, salt, pepper, ginger and cayenne and mix well.
5.Serve chilled. - 39.1036
1) In a saucepan, and place together port and orange peel.
2) Heat and cook uncovered, until the port mixture is reduced to 1-1/3 cups for 10 to 15 minutes.
3) Mix in the orange juice, lemon juice, currant jelly, and cayenne until well blended.
4) Let... - 39.0413
Classic Cumberland Sauce
Cut the top zest from the oranges, then cut this into narrow matchstick pieces.
Soak in the water for 30 minutes, then simmer in an open pan for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced to 150 ml/1/4 pint and the zest is tender.
Halve the oranges and... - 38.2326
Put all ingredients in blender container.
Blend till ingredients are combined and orange peel is finely chopped.
Pour into saucepan; cook and stir till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Serve sauce hot or cold with meat or poultry. - 37.3305
1. Pare the rind from the lemon and orange and cut into very fine strips
2. Cook the strips of rind in water for five minutes till tender, drain and reserve the strips
3. Heat jelly and port till the jelly dissolves completely
4. Mix... - 37.0307
Peel the ririd of 1 orange and 1 lemon With a vegetable peeler, then shred, and set aside.
Squeeze the juice from both oranges and lemons and strain.
Combine with the jelly in a saucepan, bring slowly to a boil, and simmer about 3 minutes.
Add the port.
Mix... - 35.0416
Traditional Cumberland Sauce
Cut the orange rind into very thin strips and put in a saucepan with the water.
Soak for 1 hour, then cover and simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the rind is tender.
Remove the lid for the last 10 minutes of the cooking time so that the liquid is... - 34.56
Gourmet Style Cumberland Sauce
Combine first 3 ingredients in saucepan.
Bring to a boil over low heat.
Mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup wine until smooth; slowly add to jelly mixture, stirring constantly.
Cook and stir until mixture starts to thicken slightly; stir in remaining wine and orange... - 34.4862
1) In a saucepan, boil lemon rind in water for a few minutes.
2) Add jelly and stir on low heat until dissolved.
3) Add wines and season with mustard powder.
4) Store in cold place.
5) Serve with meat pate. - 34.005
Combine wine, mustard, salt, cloves and ginger in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
Dissolve cornstarch in lemon juice and stir in, cooking until thickened.
Add orange and lemon rinds and jelly.
Cook 1 minute or until jelly is melted and blended with... - 33.6735
Homemade Cumberland Sauce
Wash the oranges and lemon.
Pare the rinds thinly with a potato peeler, cover with cold water and simmer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, squeeze the orange and lemon juice and put into a saucepan with all the remaining ingredients.
Heat gently, stirring, until all... - 33.5849
Mix together orange and lemon rinds, (take care no pith remains when shredding) red currant jelly, orange juice, red wine and mustard.
Heat until jelly melts and blends.
Mix cornflour into lemon juice and stir into heating orange mixture.
Stir constantly... - 33.5396
Tangy Cumberland Sauce
Try this alluring Cumberland Sauce recipe. An easily prepared recipe, this Cumberland Sauce is a dish which you will always love to serve as a side dish. - 33.3326
Cumberland Sauce Classic
The delicious fruity Cumberland Sauce makes my breakfast a joyous experience! I love my bread with the Cumberland Sauce. Just try it out and let me know what you feel about it! - 32.9904
Quick Cumberland Sauce
In a small saucepan, dissolve the red currant jelly with the fruit juice and rind.
Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in the port, vinegar and mustard.
Mix the arrowroot with a tablespoon of cold water and stir it into... - 32.2853
Combine orange juice concentrate with ginger, cloves, mustard, and cayenne in a saucepan. Heat on low until warmed.
Add raisins and simmer for 5 or more minutes, until raisins are plump and soft.
Stir in jelly and heat through until it is melted. Dissolve the... - 31.9095
Classic Cumberland Sauce
1. Squeeze orange to make about 1/2 cup juice. Grate 1/4 teaspoon peel from lemon; squeeze lemon to make 1 tablespoon juice.
2. In 1-quart saucepan, mix orange and lemon juice, lemon peel, red-currant jelly, and remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat,... - 31.7816
1. In medium saucepan, combine port and orange peel. Cook over medium heat, uncovered, until reduced to 1 1/3 cups— 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Stir in orange juice, lemon juice, currant jelly and pepper until well blended.
3. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and... - 31.4925
The Cumberland Sauce is great with meat. The flavor of this wonderful Cumberland Sauce is irresistible. Try it for yourself! - 31.4564
Combine all ingredients.
Cook over low heat until jelly melts, stirring to blend thoroughly.
Garnish with pineapple slices and whole canned apricots.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups. - 30.6272
Easy Cumberland Sauce
I made this Cumberland Sauce last weekend when I was preparing the Baked Imperial chicken. You wont beleive the way this yummy sauce nhanced the flavor of the Chicken. This perfect Cumberland Sauce recipe magically transformed the dish! - 30.0158
Melt currant jelly in the top of a double boiler over hot water.
Stir in orange juice and port.
Mix together lemon juice, mustard, and ginger and stir in.
Cover orange peel with cold water, bring to a boil, and drain.
Scrape off any white membrane and cut... - 29.8839
Process cranberries, orange peel and chopped orange, and brandy in a food processor or blender until finely ground.
Transfer mixture to a saucepan; stir in remaining ingredients.
Simmer uncovered until sauce is of medium thick consistency (about 15... - 29.2785
1. Combine jelly, lemon rind and lemon juice, onion, mustard and ginger in a small saucepan.
2. Heat slowly, stirring constantly, just until the jelly melts and sauce is blended. - 26.6873
Easy Cumberland Sauce
Gently heat red currant jelly until melted and stir in strained orange juice with lemon juice and port.
Serve hot or cold. - 24.6626
Cumberland Sauce Recipes By Category