- » Cucumber Preserves
Cucumber Preserves Recipes
Enjoy our collection of cucumber preserves recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for cucumber preserves recipes.
1. To prepare the cucumber split it, unpeeled, in half lengthwise, scrape off and discard the seeds and cut across into thick chunks.
2. Sprinkle the cucumber with the salt, mix thoroughly and marinate for at least 10 minutes - longer if... - 31.5468
If you like pickled cucumbers then there is a chance that you will appreciate the taste of these stuffed cucumbers made into kimchi. This Korean recipe is just awesome and is so simple to bring together. Watch the video to learn making Korean stuffed cucumber... - 122.994
Wash the cucumbers but do not peel.
Cut into lengthwise quarters or eighths and soak in ice water for 5 hours.
Add ice as necessary to keep the water cold.
Drain and pack in hot sterilized jars.
Combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard and celery seed in a... - 36.5782
Tomato Cucumber Relish
Prick tomatoes with a fork.
In medium mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers and onion; mix well.
Place in pint containers.
Combine remaining ingredients; blend well.
Pour 1/3 of mixture into each pint container.
Store in refrigerator.
Drain before... - 43.6812
1. In a large vessel boil water and place the glass jars and lid into it. Take out the jars and lid and set aside.
2. For making brine – In a large pot stir in the distilled white vinegar, Ball’s Kosher Dill Pickle Mix, water,... - 0
Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles
1) Slice cucumbers evenly with a knife or in a food processor bowl fitted with a slicing disc and empty them to a large mixing bowl on reaching the Fill Level.
2) Allow vinegar, sugar and salt to come to a boil.
3) Pour the vinegar... - 38.826
Traditional Young Cucumber Bread And Butter Pickles
Place the cucumbers in a 2-gallon crock.
Slice the onions.
Cut the pepper into rings or strips.
Place both in the crock, add the salt, and cover with a thick layer of ice cubes.
Let stand overnight.
Combine the rest of the ingredients, bring... - 45.7835
Olive Oil Cucumber Onion Pickle
Thinly slice unpeeled washed cucumbers and peeled onions into crock or large bowl, sprinkling each layer generously with salt.
Let stand overnight.
Drain, and rinse with cold water.
Bring remaining ingredients except oil to boil.
Add vegetables... - 42.2823
1) Mix together vinegar, water, salt, calcium chloride and sugar.
2) In a deep bowl, put cucumber and cover it with vinegar mixture.
3) Cover the bowl with a plate or lid and let stand for a whole night.
4) On the following day, take a... - 42.5579
Pack 6 pint sealers with the cucumbers.
Add one good-sized dill head and one clove garlic to each pint.
Heat the water, vinegar, and pickling salt to boiling point.
Pour vinegar solution over the cucumbers, filling the jars to within 1/2" of the top.
Seal... - 41.9588
Crisp Bread And Butter Pickles
Slice cucumbers into paper-thin slices, leaving the peel on.
Slice onions into thin rings.
Cut peppers into thin rings or strips.
Dissolve coarse salt in the water and pour over the sliced vegetables.
Put some ice on top of cucumbers.
Use about 1 quart... - 43.2426
Icicle Pickles 11 Day Pickles
First day: wash, dry, and cut cucumbers in half, lengthwise.
Put in a crock.
Dissolve the salt in the gallon of water and cover the cucumbers.
Add more brine in the same proportions if necessary.
Let stand 4 days.
The brine will ferment.
Fifth day: drain... - 43.465
1) Discard tough seeds from cucumbers.
2) Shred cucumbers with a knife or in a food processor bowl fitted with a shredding disc and empty the shredded cucumbers to a large mixing bowl when they each Fill Level.
3) Roughly chop the remaining... - 44.0243
Pack cucumbers loosely in hot, clean quart jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
Add dill and mustard seed to each quart.
Make a brine by combining water, vinegar, and salt.
Bring to boiling.
Slowly pour hot brine over cucumbers, leaving 1/2 inch... - 39.7094
Quick Mustard Pickles
Cut cucumbers into 1/2-inch chunks or 1/4-inch slices.
Measure 8 cups.
In large saucepan mix vinegar, water, sugar, mustard, salt, and horseradish; bring to boil.
Pack cucumbers into hot, clean pint jars; pour boiling liquid over, cucumbers, leaving 1/2-inch... - 38.4046
Wipe, but do not wash the cucumbers.
Peel the onions.
Break the cauliflower into flowerets about 1 1/2".
Place all three vegetables into a 2-gallon crock.
Boil all the other ingredients except the garlic together uncovered for 15 minutes.
Add the... - 45.5666
Peel and slice the cucumbers.
Dice the onions and peppers or slice thin.
Mix the vegetables together.
Combine salt, sugar and vinegar and pour over the vegetables.
Let stand for 1 hour.
Pour in freezer containers and seal, then freeze. - 37.4051
Slaked Lime Cucumber Pickle
Cover the cucumbers with the lime and 2 gallons water.
Let soak for 24 hours, then drain.
Cover with fresh water and soak for 4 hours and drain.
Repeat freshwater soaking 4 times.
Combine all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Pour the hot vinegar... - 38.3406
Place the cucumbers in a large saucepan, then add the sugar, lime juice and peel.
Place over high heat and add food coloring.
Bring to a rolling boil and boil for exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and stir in pectin... - 32.9502
Bake In The Bag Monkfish With Preserved Lemon Couscous
1. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas
2. Cut out 6 large sheets and place them on a flat surface
3. Combine the couscous, ground cumin, cumin seeds, spring onions, lemons, coriander, tomatoes and seasoning in a bowl.
4. Drizzle olive oil... - 44.1603
Genuine Dill Pickles
Wash, rinse and drain the cucumbers.
Combine the salt, vinegar, spice, sugar and 10 quarts water in a large container.
Stir to dissolve the salt.
Place 1 or 2 layers of cucumbers in a glass or stoneware crock or jar or a tight, well-scalded, odorless wooden... - 36.503
Peel the cucumbers and cut lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
Slice into strips the size of a finger and cut into desired lengths.
Mix the lime and 1 gallon water and pour over the cucumbers.
Let soak overnight, then wash well until water is... - 40.1408
Soak cucumbers overnight in heavily salted water; drain.
Cook carrots for 5 minutes in small amount of salted water; drain.
Combine cucumbers, carrots and peppers; add sugar, vinegar, celery seed, turmeric and 1 teaspoon salt.
Bring to a boil.
Pour into... - 38.7597
Green Tomato Pickles
Soak the tomatoes in 2 gallons water with lime for 24 hours.
Drain and soak in clear water.
Change water every hour, all during the day.
Cover with clear water and soak overnight.
Drain and soak again if necessary to be sure all the lime is removed.
Combine... - 38.1962
Place the vegetables in a crock and add enough brine to cover vegetables.
Brine should be strong enough to float an egg.
Weight vegetables down with a scalded, heavy plate and place fruit jar filled with water on plate.
Let set for 2 to 3 weeks or until... - 38.0094
Cut the vegetables into uniform pieces and cover with salt and 4 cups water.
Let stand overnight, then drain.
Cover with boiling water and let stand for 15 minutes.
Combine remaining ingredients and cook until thick.
Add the vegetables.
Cook until just tender... - 40.1881
One great way to preserve all of those delicious fresh vegetables for the winter is by pickling them. Patti takes you step by step through the process of seasoning, jarring, and sealing up your cucumbers to make tasty, crunchy pickles right in your own... - 122.226
Wash and score cucumbers, remove the two ends.
Put trimmed cucumbers into a large preserving jar with garlic, toasted bread and fresh dill on top.
Cover with boiling water and let the jar stand in a warm place for three or four days.
Chill before serving. - 25.0123
The Best Cucumber Spread
The Best Cucumber Spread is indeed a heavenly mix. The cucumber spread is rich with the flavor of mayonnaise and cucumber and when preserved refrigerated you can use it for 7 - 10 days. Be it for sandwiches or for french breads, this best cucumber spread is... - 46.6277
Moroccan Tomato Cucumber Salad
1. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together: tomatoes, cucumber, onion, preserved lemon peel, lemon juice, chopped cilantro, olive oil, and spices. Mix well. Taste and adjust the spices accordingly.
2. In a bowl, serve the salad... - 119.976
Fresh Organic Raw Pickles
If you ever go to a health food store or a farmers market and to buy a jar of fresh made pickles that have no preservatives or are not pasteurized and are made of organic cucumbers, you will have to shell out at least 8 dollars a jar! Watch the video and... - 107.054
Curry Cucumber Pickles
Tie spice in cheesecloth bag; add to combined next 6 ingredients in a kettle.
Bring to boil; add cucumbers and onions; bring to boil, and cook 5 min.
Drain, reserving liquid; stir parsley into drained pickles; remove spice bag; pack into clean, hot sterilized... - 35.5296
Cucumber Rounds With Blue Cheese Spread
Cucumber Rounds with Blue Cheese Spread - cucumbers never tasted this yum to me! The richness of blue cheese just make those cucumbers taste heavenly. The recipe for blue cheese spread is way too easy and you can preserve the excess spread too! - 36.4732
Crispy Pickle Slices
Combine sliced cucumbers, onions, green peppers, garlic (speared on wooden picks for easy removal), and pickling salt.
Cover with cracked ice; mix well.
Let cucumber mixture stand for 3 hours; drain well.
Combine sugar, cider vinegar, mustard... - 41.5496
1) Line the bottoms of 2 quart (or 4 pt) jars with grape leaves.
2) Slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise.
3) Pack the cucumbers in the prepared jars.
4) Top each jar with half of dill, horseradish, mustard seed and onion slices.
5) In... - 42.8953
Make a brine with the salt and 2 quarts water, then add the tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and onions and soak overnight.
Add the celery, carrots and water to cover and boil for 30 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Pack... - 38.2578
Four Day Pickles
Pour over cut-up vegetables 1 1/2 cups pickling salt and boiling water to cover. - 19.9268
Sweet Sour Dill Chunks
1) Rinse the cucumbers and slice in 1inch chunks or in quarters, enough to pack in 4 sterilized quart jars.
2) Into each jar add 3 to 4 slices onion, 2 pieces celery and 2 heads dill.
3) In a saucepan, dissolve the sugar and salt in... - 40.6576
Lime Sweet Pickles
1. In a 10-quart stainless steel or enameled stock-pot, combine the cucumber slices, water, and lime juice. Cover loosely and let stand overnight; drain and rinse several times. Cover with fresh water, let soak 3 hours more, and rinse twice.
2. Drain the... - 36.2925
Arrange vegetables in layers in large bowl or enamel preserving kettle, sprinkling each layer with salt.
Let stand overnight.
Mix mustard and sugar in large preserving kettle.
Add water, vinegar, and seeds.
Add cloves and allspice tied in cheesecloth... - 44.6964
Cut corn from cobs; set aside.
Using coarse blade of food grinder, grind onions, green and red peppers, cucumbers, celery, cabbage, hot peppers, and garlic.
Combine ground vegetables with corn; stir in 1/4 cup salt.
Cover; chill overnight.
Rinse and drain... - 44.6943
Bread And Butter Pickles
1) Slice the cucumbers, onions, green and red peppers in very thin rounds.
2) In a stone crock, place the vegetable slices.
3) In a bowl, combine the salt and cracked ice together.
4) Pack around the sliced vegetables and cover the... - 45.6939
Cook vegetables separately and then combine after draining.
Add mustard and sugar to vinegar.
Bring mixture to boil.
Add vegetables and bring to boil again.
Spoon mixture into sterilized jars.
Seal and cool. - 41.4184
Hot Pepper Veggies
This recipe is perfect to use when all your veggies in your garden are ripening and can’t use them all up. Rather than wasting them, can them. - 59.1669
1. Prepare the vegetables as per their kind, preferably cutting into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces.
2. In a pan, prepare brine by dissolving 4 ounces salt in 2 pints cold water.
3. Put the cut vegetables in brine,cover and let it stand... - 43.0852
Mixed Vegetable Pickle
1) In deep bowls, arrange layers of mixed vegetables and salt, allowing 1 tablespoon salt per lb of prepared vegetables and keep aside for a whole night.
2) On the next day, drain the vegetables and remove excess salt by pouring in plain... - 41.3801
End Of Garden Relish
1. In an 8-quart stainless steel or enameled stock-pot, dissolve the salt in the water. Stir in the 7 vegetables, cover loosely, and let stand for 12 to 18 hours. Rinse several times, drain well, and return to the same stockpot.
2. Add the sugar, vinegar, and... - 37.0939
Mexican Cucumber Orange Salad Tray
1. Use a vegetable parer to peel the strips of a cucumber lengthwise. Use the parer to make alternate patterns of white and green.
2. Make thin slices of cucumbers and place these in a bowl.
3. Add salt, vinegar and oil. Mix well. Cover and... - 49.0081
Japanese Cucumber And Ham Salad
Japanese Cucumber And Ham Salad is an easy to make recipe. Japanese Cucumber And Ham Salad makes for a great side dish and is a must try for all salad lovers. The ingredients are easily available, and the recipe is so simple that you would often like to make... - 42.9107
Wash cucumbers, and pack into 1 qt hot sterilized preserve jars.
To each 1 qt jar add 1/2 teasp mustard seeds, 1/2 teasp celery seeds, 1 bay leaf, 1/2 teasp pickling spice, and 1 large piece of dill.
Bring the water, salt, and vinegar to the boiling point,... - 34.846
Every telugu household will make this quick fix pickle.Unlike mango pickle which are made in large quantities in order to preserve over a long period of time, dosa avakaiya can be made in small quantities for immediate consumption as it does not involve a... - 0
Place the first 5 ingredients in small amounts in blender container.
Cover and run at high speed until finely chopped.
Empty into a heavy kettle.
Add the remaining ingredients, and bring to a rapid boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25... - 37.8162
Refrigerator pickles are brine preserved pickles that I prepare and store in the refrigerator. Made with sliced cucumbers and green peppers along with onions, the refrigerator pickles are delicious, saovry and crisp to taste - 34.8975
Skin, and cut the meat into five slices; flatten them, then salt and turn them about in flour, roast rapidly over a bright flame until brown.
Decorate the edge of a suitably sized wooden platter with head of sour cabbage, finely sliced, small pickled... - 24.1656
Chicken Curry In Pita Bread
1. In a small bowl, combine raisins and 1/4 cup (60 ml) water; let stand until raisins are softened (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, in another small bowl, stir together yogurt and cornstarch until smoothly blended; set aside.
2. Heat oil... - 35.9557
Chicken With Spicy Mayonnaise
Skin the chicken.
Remove the flesh from the bones and cut it into small pieces.
Mix the mayonnaise, curry powder, cream, preserve and lemon juice together in a large bowl.
Stir in the chicken pieces until they are well coated.
Arrange the cold rice in a layer... - 44.1389
Apple And Ham Luncheon Salad
Cut balls from the melon using a melon-ball cutter or a teaspoon.
Core the apples and cut into slices, dip in lemon juice to preserve colour.
Place the lettuce on a serving dish and arrange ham, green pepper, melon balls and cheese on the lettuce.
Garnish... - 39.4036
Slice cucumbers; put into enamelware or glass bowl.
Sprinkle with salt; add water.
Cover; let stand overnight.
Next morning turn into colander; drain 10 to 15 minutes.
Put into preserving kettle; add onions.
Add vinegar, sugar, and spices; heat to... - 35.4632
Noodle Salad With Shrimp
For dressing, in a blender container combine vinegar, apricot preserves, honey, ginger, .lemon peel, salt, oil, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
Cover and blend until smooth.
Place rice sticks in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water.
Cover and let 'stand... - 42.5984
Blend or process fish, egg, paprika, cumin, coriander and garlic salt until smooth; using hands, shape mixture into 4 patties.
Cook patties in large heated oiled pan, uncovered, until browned both sides andcooked as desired.
Cut pide into 4 even... - 41.9546
Sweet And Sour Pungent Fish
1) Pare the cucumber and cut in half lengthwise.
2) Scoop the seeds of cucumber and cut in juliennes.
3) In a bowl, combine together cucumber, carrots, pickle, ginger, onion, 1 teaspoon salt, sugar, vinegar and water.
4) Let the vegetables... - 44.9648
Blend all the ingredients except the vegetables, being careful to dissolve the mustard so there will be no lumps.
Chop the vegetables fine and fold in just before serving to preserve freshness.
Add black pepper and sweetener if desired. - 35.1094
Prawn Stuffed Avocado
1.Slice the avocado lengthwise and des tone.
2.Try to scoop the fruit flesh with a spoon and once done make small pieces of it.
3.In a small mixing bowl, put cubed avocado, baby prawns, stem ginger, fresh or canned pineapple, dressing and... - 36.6627
Chop fine the medium-size cucumbers and onions and the red peppers, placing each in a separate bowl.
If desired, each may be ground in a food chopper using the medium blade.
Also place in separate bowls the gherkins, tiny onions and cauliflower... - 45.7918
Spiced Tomato Bread And Butter Pickles
Choose smooth, even-sized tomatoes that have acquired the whitish color which appears just before ripening, or use fresh green cucumbers.
Remove stem end and blossom scar neatly, then cut into quarter-inch crosswise slices.
Put into an enamelware or... - 41.9457
Supper A La Provencale
1) Let the Frozen Orange Cake and Crescent Rolls thaw.
2) In a pot, add in 2 cups of water. Let boil. Cook the rice as per its packet instructions. Add in the instant minced onion and 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley to the rice while... - 42.4238
Chicken Puff Appetizer
Puff pastry surrounds this flavour packed Thai Chicken filling. Great appetizer for a party. - 42.5474
In a large mixing bowl combine the vegetables and salt.
Add enough water to barely cover.
Let stand eight hours or overnight, then drain and rinse in cold water.
Place vegetables in a preserving kettle and add vinegar.
Bring to a boil.
Blend the... - 43.6565
1. In large heavy pot add all the prepared oil, vinegar and catsup, bring to boil and simmer for ten minutes stirring constantly.
2. Pack in sterilized jars and seal.
3. Place in preserving kettle and steam in hot water for 15 minutes.
4.... - 38.4694
Mango-tomato Summer Salsa
This recipe fits in with many cuisines such as Thai, Mexican, American, Vegetarian, Summer Parties, and is kid friendly. It is a Healthy Choices dish easy to make just dice and mix! It is Weight Watcher and South Beach Diet friendly! - 49.059
Turkey Salad With Yogurt And Buttermilk Dressing
1. In a large saucepan, boil the potatoes for 20 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain, cool slightly and dice the unskinned potatoes into ¾ inch cubes.
3. Set aside, keeping warm.
4. In a small heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat,... - 49.2913
How To Make Healthy Mango Salad Dressing
1. For the mango dressing: In the vitamix, add the mango, organic honey, juice of 1/2 lime, black pepper, sea salt, garlic clove, ginger root, cold pressed olive oil and cayenne pepper and blend well together.
2. In a bowl, add the green salad mix,... - 0
2 Cheese Liptauer
Up to 4 days before serving (Liptauer must have time to mellow and should not be prepared less than 1 day ahead), combine cream cheese, cheddar, butter, mustard and onion in processor and blend until smooth.
Add enough paprika to give a rosy color.
(If using... - 41.0426
Javanese Fried Rice
1. Take a large saucepan and add water to it. Stir in chicken broth or bouillon cubes, curry powder or cumin seeds and rice and cook for about 15- 20 minutes until the rice turns just soft and liquid gets absorbed completely. Spread the rice into a... - 40.5418