- » Cuban Side Dish
Cuban Side Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of cuban side dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for cuban side dish recipes.
Carne Con Papas
When it's cold outside, nothing warms up the body and soul like a piping hot pot of beef stew. Carne Con Papas is a Cuban hot favorite that is extremely flavorful, simple and satisfying. Just serve it with some steamed brown rice and you have a complete meal... - 106.558
One of the easiest ways to prepare a easy, quick and delicious dinner at home is to whomp up simple, healthy paella. Juan Montalvo shows how to cook up this Spanish delicacy using seafood, sausage, spices, veggies and saffron. To trim down this recipe, you... - 103.238
Cuban Blackened Salmon
The best way to savor salmon is to grill it! In this recipe, Juan Montalvo shares with us a lip-smacking salmon recipe that is blackened in the edges, which lends the dish a hearty, smoky, delicious flavor. Serve it with tomato and green bean salad and voila!... - 101.218
Chuletas De Puerco
If you are hosting a barbecue at your backyard, then what better way to make your food bash all the more happening then grill some pork chops. Bursting with flavor and taste, Juan Montalvo adds his own unique touch to the recipe by tampering the steak with a... - 99.7456
Masitas De Puerco
This Cuban favorite is certainly god send. After all, what could be a better, simpler way to jazz up pork tenderloins then throwing together drool-worthy ingredients to cook up a quick pork recipe. However, if you are bothered about the extra calories, then... - 94.4755
Pump up the taste of your veggies, seafood, sandwiches and poultry with spicy hot Cuban marinades. A total treat for your taste-buds, Cuban marinades are relatively simple to whip up. A yummy blend of olive oil, citrus, garlic and herbs, there could be no way... - 90.7536
Cuban Black Beans
Do you hit a tight spot everytime unexpected guests land up at your door? If yes, then this black bean dish could be the perfect solution to feed several mouths sans any back-breaking effort in the kitchen. Juan Montalvo shares a Cuban favorite that isn't... - 88.7604
Cuban Baked Fish
Love baked fish, but not sure how to cook it? Then this recipe by Juan Montalvo would surely come handy. A heart-healthy, low-fat, luscious fish dish that is any day a healthier eating option than the greasy take-outs. Serve with some mixed salad and enjoy... - 86.5503
Cuban Chicken Parmesan
Don't like spending too much time in the kitchen? Then this recipe is a blessing in disguise for you. Juan Montalvo shows how to prepare this creamy mozzarella chicken delight at home using ready-to-find ingredients. Low fat and low sugar, this dish is a... - 86.5023
How To Make Cannellini Beans In Fagor Electric Pressure Cooker
1) Rinse the beans well.
2) Add beans to the pressure cooker and cover with water.
3) Add the bay leaf, crushed red pepper, cumin, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
4) Cover the cooker and cook on medium-high for about 40 minutes.
5)... - 86.3189
Hawaiian Grilled Chicken
So what if you couldn't make it to Hawaii this holiday? You can at least make up for the missed trip with Hawaiian chicken. Easy, quick, and simply scrumptious, this grilled Hawaiian favorite is worth sweating over pots and pans. Juan Montalvo tells you how... - 85.7544
Black beans not only helps to jazz up your Mexican fiesta, but also makes for a quick and easy dinner recipe. In this video, Juan Montalvo tells you how to cook up juicy, delish black beans that just tastes great with steamed rice. A perfect comfort food and... - 82.6517
Cuban Cranberry Sauce
Your customary Thanksgiving turkey is literally incomplete without its favorite condiment, the zesty, sweet cranberry sauce. Jazz up your turkey this holiday season with this lip-smacking sauce that apart from beaing tasty, is surprisingly low in calories... - 78
Cuban Chicken Cacciatore
This Italian mainstay is so simple to cook and so appeasing to the taste buds that you will indeed fall in love with it. Juan Montalvo shows you how to prepare this hunter-style chicken at home. Rich with herbs and spice, this healthy and savory dish is a... - 76.495
Tasty Cuban Corn Salsa
Zesty, healthy and quick corn salsas are fast becoming everyone's favorite chip topper. This nutritious condiment loaded with the goodness of corns barely takes any time to toss and makes for an excellent addition to your grilled, barbecued, or snack dishes.... - 63.3382
Cuban Black Beans
In deep 3-quart casserole, combine onions, green pepper, garlic and olive oil.
Microwave at High for 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender-crisp, stirring once.
Add remaining ingredients, except rice and topping.
Microwave at High for... - 50.7777
Coconut Red Beans And Rice
Rinse and sort through beans.
In a deep 3 1/2- to 4-quart pan, bring the 2 quarts water to a boil over high heat.
Let water return to a boil; then boil, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
Remove pan from heat, cover, and let stand for 1 hour.
Drain and... - 48.2474
Cuban Sweet Potato Salad With Pineapple And Jicama
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Brush grill rack with oil.
Brush sweet potato slices with 2 tsp oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Grill sweet potato, pineapple, and jicama slices, covered, over direct heat for 3-5 minutes per side, turning once.
Cut... - 46.4972
Cuban Style Tilapia Salad
1. Set the oven control to broil.
2. In a one-cup glass measuring cup, add all the dressing ingredients and beat them well with a wire whisk till you have a homogenous dressing
3. Prepare a broiler rack for the oven.
4. On the broiler... - 46.4951
Moros Y Cristianos
1. Check the beans for stones and discard.
2. Rinse the beans and soak it overnight in a bowl.
3. Next morning drain and rinse the beans.
4. In a large heavy pot, heat oil over medium-low heat.
5. Stir in bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes... - 46.1222
Mixed Grain Bread
1) Use a measuring cup to sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in oil and molasses.
4) In your food processor, use the PLASTIC DOUGH BLADE setting.
5) In the work... - 45.8672
Mix water, beans and onion in a stockpot.
Cover and heatto boiling.
Boil about 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and let stand 1 hour.
Add just enough water to the beansto cover.
Stir in theoil, garlic, bacon, cumin, chili powder and cilantro.
Heatto... - 45.8452
Ricotta Swirl Bread
1) In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients until smooth and well-mixed. Place the bowl aside.
2) Use a measuring cup to sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water.
3) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it... - 45.5935
Cuban Black Beans With Brown Rice
Cuban Black Beans With Brown Rice is an amazingly easy to prepare side dish which cannot just escape your guest's attention in any party. Try this delicious Cuban Black Beans With Brown Rice dish; I am sure you will get a huge fan following for this! - 45.1578
Tamales De Maiz
Mix together first 4 ingredients and beat until very creamy and smooth.
Trim thick bottom part from corn husks and wash well, removing any silk.
For each tamale take 2 corn husks, pointed part at top, and paste together at one side with some of the masa... - 42.6815
Picadillo Pumpkin In Shell
Cut the top off the pumpkin and reserve it.
Clean out the seeds and fiber.
In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
Set the pumpkin in a round casserole that will hold it upright.
Stuff the hollow with the meat mixture and cover it with the pumpkin... - 42.297
Grilled Teardrop Bread
Lightly oil a large bowl.
In a medium-size bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
Stir in 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until foamy.
When yeast mixture begins to foam, stir in remaining sugar, 2 tablespoons of Ghee and yogurt.
In a food processor... - 42.1052
Spiced Tomato Bread And Butter Pickles
Choose smooth, even-sized tomatoes that have acquired the whitish color which appears just before ripening, or use fresh green cucumbers.
Remove stem end and blossom scar neatly, then cut into quarter-inch crosswise slices.
Put into an enamelware or... - 41.9457
Grilled Bread And Wild Mushrooms
Remove and discard mushroom stems.
Combine mushrooms and bread cubes in a large bowl; coat with cooking spray, and toss well.
Combine olive oil, rosemary, dillweed, pepper, and garlic powder; drizzle mixture over mushrooms and bread cubes, and toss... - 41.9114
Bread And Butter Pickles
Combine cucumber and onion slices in large bowl.
Layer with salt and cover with ice cubes.
Let stand 1 1/2 hours; drain and rinse.
Place remaining ingredients in large sauce pot and bring to a boil.
Add drained cucumbers and onions and return to a boil.
Pack... - 41.1808
Mixed Grain Bread
Stir the yeast and sugar into 1 1/2 cups tepid water.
Leave in a warm place for 15-20 minutes, until the yeast mixture is frothy.
Put the flour, wheat germ and rolled oats into a large mixing bowl and put the bowl in a warm place (the warmer all the... - 40.2149
Dissolve yeast in water.
Add salt and sugar.
Beat in flour with wooden spoon, one cup at a time, using enough to make a fairly stiff dough.
Mix dough thoroughly, shape into a ball, set aside in a greased bowl, after turning the dough to grease the top.
Cover... - 40.0563
1. Sprinkle yeast into very warm water in a large bowl. ("Very warm water" should feel comfortably warm when dropped on wrist.) Stir until yeast dissolves, then stir in sugar and salt.
2. Beat in 2 cups of the flour until smooth. Beat in enough of the... - 39.9456
Bread And Butter Pickles
Wash cucumbers well, slice very thinly.
Arrange in layers in large shallow dish, sprinkling a little salt between each layer (about 2 oz. 1/4 cup) salt in all).
Cover, stand overnight.
Wash cucumbers well in cold water, drain, set aside.
In a large... - 39.4739
No Knead Sandwich Bread
1. Stir yeast into water in small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add oil.
2. Combine all-purpose flour, oats, soy flour, gluten, sesame seeds, sugar substitute and salt in food processor fitted with plastic dough blade. Using on/off pulsing action, process until... - 38.8028
Bread And Butter Pickles
Slice the cucumbers and onions and sprinkle with salt.
Let stand for 1 hour.
Drain in a cheesecloth bag.
Combine remaining ingredients in a large kettle and bring to a boil.
Add the cucumbers and onions and bring to a boiling point.
Simmer for 10 minutes,... - 38.6084
Mama Totota's Tamales
1. To prepare the cornhusks, place cornhusks in a large bowl of hot water,- weigh down husks with another bowl. Soak for at least 30 minutes. Drain husks,- rinse with cold water. Drain and pat dry,
2. Tear 2 husks lengthwise into 12 (1/2-inch-wide) strips (6... - 37.6393
Easy Cucumber Bread And Butter Pickles
Mix cucumbers with onions.
Sprinkle with salt and allow to stand for 1 hour.
Put into a large kettle and add remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Pour mixture into hot sterilized jars.
Seal... - 37.5894
1. Boil the beans in three cups of water two minutes. Cover and let stand overnight.
2. Add the ham hock and salt and simmer, covered, until the beans are tender, or about two hours. Add more water if necessary.
3. Brown the onion, green pepper and garlic in... - 36.531
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add crumbles and next 3 ingredients. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often. Add raisins and next 7 ingredients; cook 3 minutes.
3. Roll each crust to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut 9... - 35.562
1. Crumble ground beef into 2-quart casserole; add onion and garlic. Cover loosely and microwave on high 5 to 6 minutes, breaking up beef and stirring after 3 minutes, until beef is no longer pink; drain.
2. Stir in raisins, salt, cinnamon and bell pepper.... - 35.2747
Cuban Black Bean Salad
1. Combine the beans, rice, tomato, celery, green pepper, onion, and cilantro in a large bowl, and toss to mix well.
2. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and stir to mix well. Pour the dressing over the bean mixture, and toss to mix.
3. Cover... - 35.1271
Spicy Grilled Bread
Slice bread in half lengthwise, leaving one side attached.
Open bread, butterfly fashion.
Combine mayonnaise, mustard, and onion powder in a small bowl, stirring well.
Spread over cut sides of bread; sprinkle with parsley and cheese.
Reassemble loaf, and wrap... - 34.7658
Cuban Black Beans
Drain the water from the beans, and place all the ingredients in a cooking pot with a tight-fitting lid.
Barely cover with fresh water, and simmer for 1 hour, or until tender.
Remember that you should not add salt to this dish until it is ready to serve... - 34.1157
Picadillo Stuffed Peppers
1. Cut thin slice from top of each pepper. Chop enough pepper tops to make 1/2 cup; set aside. Remove and discard inner membranes and seeds from peppers. Place pepper shells in 2-quart microwave-safe casserole; add water. Cover with lid; microwave on high 5... - 33.8147
In large saucepan cook beef, onion, and garlic till meat is browned.
Add water, vegetables, bay leaf,sugar, pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt.
Simmer, covered, till potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. - 33.7332
Multi Layered Bread Loaf
1. Cut bread horizontally into four even layers. Combine mayonnaise and mustard and spread over each bread layer.
2. Arrange cos and mignonette lettuce leaves and sprouts over bottom bread layer. Top with next bread layer. Then spread with salmon and top with... - 33.2846
1.In a pan, cook the meat and onion together for 5 minutes
2.Now beat the eggs until light, add the seasonings
3.Pour egg mixture into the pan with the meat
4.Cook slowly, stirring constantly, until the eggs are thick and creamy
5.Serve with a... - 32.7893
1. Cook beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, and stir to crumble. Remove the beef from pan, and drain well.
2. Add oil to pan. Add onion and garlic,- saute 3 minutes. Add bell peppers and carrot,- saute 3 minutes. Return beef... - 32.5751
1. Dissolve the yeast in the water and add the salt and sugar, stirring thoroughly.
2. Add the flour, one cup at a time, beating it in with a wooden spoon. Or use the dough hook on an electric mixer at low speed. Add enough flour to make a fairly stiff... - 30.4876
Cuban Bread is an amazingly delicious side dish recipe. A delicious Cuban Bread will surely tempt you to serve to your loved ones. - 30.4144
Bread And Butter Pickles
1. Place cucumbers in 3-quart casserole. Cover with ice water. Soak until crisp. Cook, covered, on Full Power until temperature of 110° F is reached. Drain. Pack in jars.
2. Mix together remaining ingredients in 1 1/2 -quart casserole. Cook, covered, on Full... - 30.3804
Rustic Tapenade Swirl Bread
1. In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over 1 1/4 cups warm (110°) water. Let stand until yeast is soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Mix 3 cups flour with the sugar and salt. Add to yeast mixture. Beat with a dough hook on medium speed, or with a heavy spoon, until... - 28.036