- » Crouton
Crouton are small cubes of bread that are sautéed, toasted, rebaked or fried. It is either buttered and peppered or seasoned with herbs. It is used in soups and salads to added crunch. The word crouton is ... More »
Have day-old bread and don't know what to do with it? This recipe shows you how easy it is to make homemade croutons. Croutons only take a few minutes to make and can be used for a variety of dishes. The most classic is for Caesar Salad but croutons are a... - 118.52
Croutons With Herbs
Don’t you just love croutons over your salads and soups? Have you ever tried making them at home? If you would like to try it out, here is a great recipe video showing you how to make some delicious herbed croutons. Watch and learn. - 116.038
For all those who do not like eating the croutons which you get in store and want to try something new and inexpensive. Then this video is a must watch. Here in the chef combines few basic ingredients right from your pantry to make perfectly tasting homemade... - 88.6799
Crispy Buttery Croutons
If you aren't yet bored with the store-bought croutons, then making your own buttery croutons at home will surely convince you how these homemade delights really are. Betty makes scrumptious croutons at home that is toasted, buttered and really yummy. Add it... - 85.2158
Missing something crunchy in your soup or casserole? How about adding some croutons? This video will show you how to make croutons from bread as well as a baguette. I like the fact that this video demonstrates two quick methods of making croutons. - 83.1286
Croutons With Spinach And Vegetables Tortillas
Nikko has a great idea of turning Spinach and Vegetables Tortillas into croutons. He makes them effortlessly from the ingredients that he has in his kitchen and turns them into something delicious. He uses these instead of spinach and croutons which are... - 82.361
Be it be your favorite Caesar salad or hearty tomato soup, crusty croutons make a wonderful addition to most dishes. An excellent way to use up any leftover pieces of bread, this seasoned chunks of baked bread not only amps up the texture, but also the flavor... - 78.9256
Once A Week Kitchen - Garlic Croutons
Add great taste and crunch to any soup or salad. These are so delicious you may forget the soup and just eat these crispy garlicky croutons. A good way to use up stale bread! - 76.7094
Vegetable Crouton Toss
1) In a bowl, combine beans, carrots, corn, peas, and onion.
2) In a screw-top jar blend sugar, oil, vinegar, salt, basil, and pepper, cover and shake thoroughly.
3) Sprinkle the dressing over the salad and toss lightly.
4) Refrigerate overnight and... - 45.0229
Iced Gazpacho With Vegetable Crouton And Herb Garnish
Grind almonds in an electric blender.
Peel and chop the tomatoes, and blend with the chopped garlic and onion.
Grind the bread crumbs in the blender.
Combine the ground almonds with some of the tomato mixture, and blend in the blender.
Mix this with the rest... - 43.3816
Spinach Aux Croutons
Spinach Aux Croutons is an irresistible mouth watering side dish recipe which you would love to serve to your loved ones. Try this Spinach Aux Croutons; I bet you will have a huge fan following for this. - 42.9202
Tangy Garlic Croutons
Heat the oil in a big frying pan.
Peel 2 cloves of the garlic and press through a garlic press into the oil.
Add the slices of bread and brown on both sides.
Peel the egg.
Briefly immerse the tomatoes in boiling water.
Peel and halve them, and remove the... - 42.7975
1.Combine eggs with onion, garlic, corainder leaves, salt and pepper.
2.In an omelette pan, heat haf the butter and oil on medium flame and pour the mixture.
3.Cook until firm at its base.
4.Spread the croutons on half and fold the omelette.
5.Repeat... - 42.4626
Fiddlehead Veloute With Croutons
Fiddlehead Veloute With Croutons has a great taste. Fiddlehead Veloute With Croutons is an easy to prepare Soup. The French baguette adds up the taste of Fiddlehead Veloute With Croutons. - 42.1684
Ortolans On Croutons
Rub the skin with the cut side of the lime half.
Season with salt and pepper.
Render the salt pork over high heat in a dutch oven.
Saute ortolans for 6 minutes, or until well browned.
Heat rum, ignite it, and pour it, still flaming, over the... - 40.7517
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, arrange the bread.
3) In another bowl, mix the garlic, salt, and pepper with the olive oil.
4) Drizzle this mixture over the bread cubes.
5) Toss well to combine.
6) On a baking sheet,... - 40.2697
Crouton Pancake From France
1) In a frying pan, lightly brown the bread cubes in oil and butter.
2) In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cheese and seasonings and beat together with a fork.
3) Pour the egg mixture over the croutons, and cook covered over a very low heat for... - 40.1176
1) Bring out small cubical pieces from the bread.
2) In a small skillet, add butter and heat up to melt.
3) Put garlic and sauté for a while to enhance the garlic flavor of butter.
4) Carefully take off the garlic from skillet and add... - 35.414
Crouton Studded Crispy Prawn Balls
1. Remove crusts from the bread. Cut each slice into small crouton-sized cubes. Spread out on a large baking tray and dry in a hot oven until slightly browned.
2. Chop the fish and prawns very finely. Mix together with the salt, pepper, egg white, finely... - 35.2726
1. Preheat the oven to 300° F.
2. Cut the bread slices into 1/2-inch cubes.
3. Spread in a shallow baking pan and mix together butter and garlic powder.
4. Drizzle the garlic-butter mixture over the bread cubes and toss to coat well.
5.... - 33.3954
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 225 degrees.
2) Cut the bread slices into cubes, enough to measure 3 cups.
3) In an oven-proof skillet, melt the margarine or butter and stir in the garlic salt.
4) In the mixture, drop the bread crumbs... - 31.7246
Tomato Crouton Casserole Q
In a greased 2-qt.casserole, mix tomatoes and 1 cup croutons.
Stir in onion, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper.
Dot with butter; sprinkle with remaining croutons.
Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes. - 31.2752
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush the bread with bouillon and dredge with salt.
3) Cut the bread into cubes.
4) Spread the bread pieces on the baking pan.
5) Serve as desired, in soups or salad if desired. - 31.113
Crisp Garlic Croutons
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Place the garlic on a pie tin and bake until the juices turn a deep brown, about 25 to 40 minutes.
Let the garlic cool to the touch.
Squeeze the garlic from its skin into a large bowl.
Whisk in the olive oil to form a paste.
Add... - 30.727
French Garlic Croutons
Rub both sides of bread slices with the cut clove of garlic; discard garlic.
Gradually blend oil into softened butter or margarine; spread both sides of bread with oil-butter mixture.
Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes.
Spread out on baking sheet.
Bake in 300°... - 29.9069
Tomato Crouton Salad
Tomato Crouton Salad is as simple as the name, however you donâ€™t have to make any compromise as far the taste is concerned. This Tomato Crouton Salad is pretty easy to make, give it a try! - 29.6148
Caesar Seasoned Croutons
Brush both sides of bread with olive or cooking oil; sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
Place in 15xl0xl-inch baking pan.
Bake in 300°F oven for 30 minutes, stirring once.
Store in airtight containers. - 28.344
Garlic croutons are flavored and baked croutons made with french bread. Lightly coated with butter and seasoned with garlic powder, the bread cubes baked and can be stored for later use. - 27.4817
Preheat oven to 425°.
Place bread cubes in a bowl.
Combine oil and next 3 ingredients; drizzle over bread cubes, tossing well to coat.
Spread cubes in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan.
Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until golden, stirring after 4 minutes. - 25.9892
Whole Wheat Croutons
1. In a shallow, ovenproof dish, mix together oil, cheese, thyme and garlic and toss bread cubes in the seasoning mixture
2. Place them in an oven preheated to 250Â°F and bake for forty five minutes until crisp
3. Serve/Use as appropriate - 25.9415
1. Preheat oven to 300° F.
2. Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes.
3. Melt margarine in shallow baking pan.
4. Add bread cubes; toss lightly to coat. Sprinkle with paprika and garlic salt.
5. Bake 20 minutes, or until cubes are dry and browned. - 25.8051
For small croutons cut crust from dried slices of day-old bread.
Cut slices into about 1/2 inch squares.
Melt 14 cup butter for each 2 cups bread squares in heavy saucepan or skillet.
Toss bread squares in butter to coat evenly, using pancake turner.
Fry over... - 25.6891
Whole Wheat Croutons
Cut bread into small cubes and place in a large bowl.
Melt butter or margarine in a small saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drizzle over bread and toss to coat.
Place on an ungreased baking pan with sides. Bake at 375° F. for about 15 minutes until... - 25.1915
1. Crush the garlic. Cut the crusts off bread slices and cut into cubes. Heat the oil. When hot add the bread cubes and cook, stirring constantly. When cubes start to turn color add the garlic and mix well. When cubes are golden brown remove and drain.
2.... - 25.1419
1. Place the butter in a small ovenproof bowl and microwave on LOW for 15-20 seconds or until softened.
2. Beat in the garlic and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Butter the bread on both sides with the garlic butter. Cut each slice of bread into 12-16... - 25.0237
Remove crusts from 6 slices stale bread.
Peel and halve 2 cloves garlic.
Rub the slices thoroughly with the garlic halves.
Cut into cubes.
Fry in 2-3 tablespoons hot olive oil until golden brown.
Drain on absorbent paper. - 24.1822
1. Heat oven to 300°F (150°C). Trim and discard crusts from bread. Cut bread into 1/2 inch (1.3-cm) cubes.
2. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat until hot; stir in garlic and paprika. Add bread; cook and stir just until bread is evenly coated with... - 23.4956
1. Melt margarine in small skillet.
2. Add garlic powder and bread cubes.
3. Saute until crisp. - 22.1391
Garlic Levain Croutons
1. Pop slices of bread into the toaster.
2. Brush each slice lightly with olive oil after they are wonderfully golden; then rub with whole garlic cloves. - 21.5572
Buttery Garlic Croutons
Toast bread cubes in slow oven (325°), stirring frequently, till dry and golden brown.
Croutons should be so dry they'd float on water1 Then they'll stay crunchy when tossed with the dressing and greens.
Melt butter in skillet; add garlic and croutons.
Toss... - 21.5365
Trim crusts from bread. Cut slices into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes. In skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic and bread cubes, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until croutons are crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels. - 18.1159
Blend one clove crushed garlic with 1/4 cup melted butter.
Remove crusts from eight slices of bread, brush with garlic butter, cut into tiny cubes, and bake on a greased baking tin in a hot oven, eight minutes, turning to brown evenly. - 12.8697
How To Make Croutons Without Butter Or Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 250F.
2. On a baking tray, place the cubed break, keeping the soft side up, add the spices.
3. Bake at 250F for 20 minutes. Allow to stay in the oven for few hours.
4. Store in an airtight container or... - 0
Buttery and toasted, these easy croutons are the perfect finishing touch to any salad or soup. - 0
Crouton Recipes By Category