- » Crisp Potato Cake
Crisp Potato Cake Recipes
Enjoy our collection of crisp potato cake recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for crisp potato cake recipes.
Golden-crisp Potato Latkes
1. Grate potatoes fine; place in large bowl with baking soda; toss. Press dry with hands or potato ricer.
2. Beat eggs in a large bowl; stir in potatoes, onion, salt, nutmeg, paprika. Sprinkle flour over; stir in.
3. Pour enough oil into a heavy skillet to... - 28.5456
Meat And Potato Crisps
1) Parboil the potatoes for 5 minutes and grate them.
2) Mix together the beef and pork with onion and parsley.
3) Add the potatoes, beetroot, salt and pepper and vinegar, and bind with beaten egg.
4) Form into thin flat cakes and fry... - 40.8876
Liver On Crisp Potato Pancake
In a wide frying pan with a nonstick finish, cook bacon over medium-low heat until crisp; remove from pan, drain, crumble, and set aside.
Pour off and reserve drippings.
Peel potatoes and coarsely shred into a bowl of cold water; stir gently, then drain... - 41.7777
Cook potatos almost done, and then grate.
Combine with egg, flour, and enough milk to make a stiff batter.
Add onion & seasonings, and form into cakes.
Using frying pan, cook in hot fat until golden brown & crisp. - 27.8378
Baked Breadfruit Boats With Salt Fish Cakes
If you are fond of trying new recipe ideas, then we have something out there for you. Baked breadfruit boats along with delicious and crunchy salt fish cakes is definitely a must try recipe. Our chefs demonstrate how to make them easily and also give helpful... - 146.051
1. To make a soft batter, add potatoes and seasoning and a little flour. To make it extra rich, add an egg, then enough flour to make it of a firm consistency.
2. Shape it into flat round cakes.
3. Coat the cake with flour.
4. In a frying pan, heat... - 36.8711
Neapolitan Potato Cake
Wash the potatoes and steam until tender.
Spear them with a carving fork and peel.
Push them through a potato ricer while still hot; repeat the ric ing operation, then push them through a fine sieve into a large mixing bowl.
This makes them easy to... - 41.7839
Crispy Herbed Potato Cake
Peel potato and cut crosswise into even, very thin slices 1/8 inch or thinner).
Combine butter, rosemary, and thyme; coat sides and bottom of an 8- or 9-inch glass pie dish with half the butter mixture.
Neatly arrange potato slices in concentric circles to... - 29.2057
1) In a grater or food processor, coarsely grate the potatoes, remove in a sieve and place under cold running water, then drain well.
2) In a bowl, mix the grated potatoes and eggs together.
3) Stir in the flour, parsley, chives, onions and garlic.... - 44.4353
Parsnip And Potato Cakes
1. Rub the parsnips and potatoes through a sieve.
2. Add seasoning, sugar and parsley, and bind with egg yolk and cream.
3. Shape into rissoles, coat with egg and breadcrumbs and fry in hot fat until crisp and golden.
4. These are very good served with... - 36.2598
Vanessa Binns' Bacon Wrapped Potato Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In lightly salted water, simmer the sliced potatoes for about 5 minutes. Drain and reserve.
3) Grease a 23 cm. quiche dish and line it with the bacon. Allow the rashers to overhang the... - 35.0254
Fried Shredded Potato Cake
1. Heat a large pan with water. Let it come to a boil. Add the potatoes. Cook briskly for about 10 minutes, or until the point of a knife can be inserted about 1 inch into a potato before meeting any resistance.
2. Remove the pan from heat, drain the... - 37.9353
Bacon, Sourcream, Chive Potato Cake With Fried Egg
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree.
2. Prepare a foiled lined baking sheet.
3. Wash and scrub the russet potatoes, grated the potatoes skin and keep it aside.
4. Cut the potatoes into equal size pieces.
5. Chop chives, set aside.
6.... - 140.858
Potato Artichoke And Crab Cakes
How many times have you tried making croquettes or crab cakes and failed cause the breading just falls off or the cakes break while frying? Chef John shares this really easy recipe and some great tips on how to make the perfect crab cakes with a thin crispy... - 104.921
Potato-mushroom-blue Cheese Galette
To Make Filling: In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot.
Saute mushrooms until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in flour until incorporated.
Slowly stir in milk, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
Stir in cheese until... - 42.6397
Corn And Potato Cakes
Preheat oven to 400°.
Spray baking sheet with nonstick coating.
Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender, 12-15 minutes.
Drain potatoes and mash coarsely with a potato masher; set aside to cool.
Add corn, bacon, scallions, 1/4 cup panko, parsley,... - 43.0539
Potato Peanut Cakes
1. Place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Shred potatoes into a large bowl.
2. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from... - 29.8098
Bacon Wrapped Scallops With Potato Mushroom Cake
For the sauce, place the pinot noir, port, balsamic vinegar, and shallots in a heavy bottomed pot and cook until the mixture is reduced and coats the back of a spoon.
Whisk in the butter, season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
Meanwhile, divide the... - 40.7535
Roast Half Leg Of Lamb And Lamb And Potato Cakes
1) Wipe the meat clean and weight it in order to calculate the exact cooking time. Season the meat and dredge it with some flour. Rub well, mostly over fatty parts for a crisp golden finish.
2) Preheat oven to temperature of 425... - 39.562
Herb Fish Cakes
Cook the potatoes and onion in boiling salted water until soft.
Drain and mash, then beat in the milk.
Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the fish and fry for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
Flake the fish and add to the potato.
Stir in the herbs, egg yolk... - 38.4365
Potatoes In Butter
1 Peel the potatoes and slice them paper thin.
2 Rinse them off to remove the excess starch under cold running water. Dry thoroughly.
3 Combine clarified butter with the oil.
4 Between two 6-inch frying pans, divide half of... - 38.1386
Winter Potatoes Anna
Slice all" vegetables and apple very thin, about 1/8 inch thick.
A food processor works well.
Cut waxed paper to cover bottom of an 8-inch cast iron skillet or baking dish.
Brush the bottom and sides of skillet with margarine.
Arrange a layer of one white... - 37.2759
Beef Cakes are liked by many across the planet earth. If you like beef with mashed potatoes coated with bread crumbs then try out this Beef Cakes recipe, you will love it. - 29.2146
Potato Casserole And Mince
1. Preheat oven hot to 420° F.
2. Clean and scrub the potatoes.
3. Grease a 7-inch cake tin thickly with a loose base.
4. Steam the potatoes in their jackets for 25-35 mins.
5. Peel off the skin when hot.
6. Add seasoning, butter and... - 37.9502
Bubble And Squeak
1) With a wooden spoon, beat together mashed potatoes and cabbage.
2) Add plenty of seasoning.
3) In a heavy skillet, melt the butter and add the potato and cabbage mixture.
4) Over the bottom of the pan, spread the potato mixture.
5)... - 36.8597
Oven Baked Rosti Cake
1. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Dry-fry the bacon in a pan for 5 mins until crisp, then chop into small pieces. Boil the whole potatoes for 5 mins, drain, then place in a bowl of chilled water.
2. when cool enough to handle, pat the potatoes dry and... - 28.2127
Apple Cake With Crème Fraîche
Easiest Apple Cake ever ! This recipe video shows you how easy it is to make the apple cake with the most common of ingredients. Sour cream, gluten-free flour and apples combine to give you the crisp and fresh flavour of an apple cake. This cake, when fresh... - 141.707
Mix the potatoes and cooked flaked fish thoroughly with a fork.
Add the beaten egg or sauce, salt and pepper.
Form into about 8 flat cakes.
Roll these cakes in a little flour, then brush lightly with beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
Heat the fat in a... - 33.7835
Golden Potato Pancakes
1. Shred potatoes into a bowl of cold water. Drain well; squeeze dry in a clean towel.
2. Beat eggs in a large bowl; stir in potatoes, onion, salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over top; stir in.
3. Pour enough vegetable oil into a large, heavy skillet to make... - 27.0248
Potato Pancakes With Apples & Chevre
Insert slicing disc.
Slice onions set aside.
Change to shredding disc.
Peel and shred potatoes.
Immerse shredded potatoes in cold water immediately to prevent discoloration.
In a mixing bowl, beat together onions, flour, eggs, and milk.
Drain potatoes,... - 41.7095
Crispy Cod And Corn Cakes
1) Take a deep frying pan and place the milk and fish in it.
2) Place cover and bring to a boil .
3) Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
4) Take another bowl and stir the onions and corn to prepare a mash.
5) Add... - 39.4293
Potato Latkes With Applesauce
Coarsely grate the potatoes and onion on a box grater.
Squeeze the excess moisture from the potato mixture and place in a large bowl.
Add the beaten eggs, matzo, and flour and combine.
Let stand 10 minutes so the matzo absorbs all of the moisture.
Season with... - 37.3876
Chicken Livers On Crispy Potato Pancake
Rinse livers and pat dry.
Cut each liver in half, then set livers aside.
In a wide frying pan with a nonstick finish, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; then lift out, drain, crumble, and set aside.
Pour off and reserve drippings.
Peel potatoes;... - 42.5157
Potato And Leek Filo Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5. Slice the potatoes and cook them in a pan of salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, then drain and set aside.
2. Trim the leeks and rinse thoroughly under cold running water. Drain them well, then slice thinly.
3.... - 44.7933
To the dry mashed potatoes add clams with their juice, onion, and parsley.
Mix together, then add egg, flour, and seasonings.
This will be a fairly liquid mixture.
Heat oil for deep frying in skillet.
If preferred, use half liquid shortening and half butter... - 36.6758
Soak cod in cold water 8 hours or overnight; change water twice.
Dice cod (should be 3 cups).
Cook cod and potatoes in boiling water till potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes; drain.
Beat with electric mixer.
Add eggs, butter, mustard, Worcestershire,... - 34.4691
Egg And Sausage Cake
1. Preheat the broiler. Prick the sausages all over with a fork. Place them on the broiler rack 4 inches from the heat. Broil for 10 minutes, turning once. Remove from the broiler and slice into 1/4-inch rounds.
2. While the sausages are broiling, heat 4... - 31.0047
Mash the boiled potatoes with the milk and butter.
Drain canned salmon and discard skin and bones.
Mash flesh and add to potatoes.
Squeeze juice from one of the lemons.
Add to salmon with seasoning to taste.
Mix well and bind with one of the eggs.
Lightly... - 43.5382
Shallow Fried Fish Cakes
1) Remove all small bones and skin from the fish.
2) Slice tomatoes into 4 wedges.
3) In a bowl, beat together cooked potatoes with fish until smooth.
4) Add some butter and a little milk and beat. Then, add herbs and seasonings.
5)... - 43.7747
Sunday Codfish Cakes
1. In a food process attach the the knife blade.
2. Add onion and parsley and chop coarsely.
3. Add potatoes, eggs, butter and seasonings to the processor bowl.
4. Pulse for 5 to 7 seconds to blend all ingredients well.
5. Add codfish to the... - 40.8606
Homemade Fish Cakes In Tomato Sauce
Put the fish fillets in a dish with the water. Cover with vented cling film (plastic wrap) and cook for 4 minutes, until done. Drain and flake the fish with a fork.
Put the potatoes in the oven and cook for 4—7 minutes, depending on their size, rearranging... - 35.766
Colcannon Fish Cakes
Delicious fish cakes with potato, cabbage and mahi-mahi with Gavin Stone. - 106.425
Bubble And Squeak
1) In a non-stick pan, cook the bacon slices until crisp.
2) Using a perforated ladle remove the bacon with a slotted spoon.
3) In the same pan, saute onions until tender.
4) Stir in the potatoes and cabbage in the onion.
5) Using the back of ladle,... - 39.5311
1) In a medium pot, cook the unpeeled potatoes in salted water for 20 minutes or until just cooked.
2) Drain the potatoes and allow to cool.
3) Peel and grate the potato over a bowl.
4) In a pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© the bacon... - 38.3514
1. Wash the potatoes and boil them in cold water for about 7 minutes or until they become tender. Drain, cool, and refrigerate the potatoes overnight.
2. Peel the already boiled potatoes and grate them thickly.
3. Take a heavy large... - 33.6051
Cook the potatoes in their skins in boiling water for 10 minutes.
Drain and let them cool.
When they are room temperature, peel them and grate the flesh coarsely into a bowl.
Mix with salt and pepper to taste.
Melt half the butter in a large, heavy frying pan... - 36.5512
These Coddies wth saltine crackers and mustard have made my day ! Try these Coodies out and let me know if you agree with me! - 37.2764
Classic Bubble And Squeak
Cook and mash potatoes, adding milk to them.
Steam cabbage, drain and chop fine.
Combine potatoes and cabbage and season to taste.
Using a cast-iron skillet, saute onion in butter and oil, turn potato and cabbage mixture into skillet and flatten with pancake... - 31.9018
Corned Beef Patties
Mash the potatoes.
Add 2 tablespoons of the margarine.
Take out about half of the potatoes, mix with the flaked corned beef, onion, egg and seasoning.
Form into 8 flat cakes, coat with beaten egg and dry breadcrumbs and fry in the remaining 4 tablespoons... - 37.2537
Bern Councillors Plate
Pare and thinly slice the potatoes.
Season to taste and fry in shortening until golden, turning occasionally.
Just before potatoes are done, distribute them evenly in the skillet and finish frying just as you would an omelet.
Keeping "potato cake" intact,... - 36.0291
Mash potatoes smooth; add butter while potatoes are still hot.
Add beaten eggs, onion, salt, pepper, parsley, and codfish.
Mix well; let stand at least 1 hour.
Shape coddies into 2 inch cakes.
Heat fat in medium size skillet.
Fry coddies until brown and... - 34.7927
Scallops En Brochette
1. Cook scallops in butter for 5 minutes.
2. Cut bacon into 2-inch pieces.
3. Arrange bacon and scallops alternately on skewers and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Stand skewers upright by inserting through mesh of cake cooler placed over a pan, or insert... - 27.693
Vegetable Salad With Peanut Sauce
Vegetable Salad With Peanut Sauce is an irresistible recipe that you simply can't resist. Try this Vegetable Salad With Peanut Sauce; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this one! - 41.6121
Corned Beef Hash
1) Take a large bowl and chop the corned beef into it.
2) Add egg, grated potatoes and pepper and mix the ingredients thoroughly with your hands.
3) Take a fry pan and heat oil in it.
4) Add the corned beef hash to the oil and pat the mixture into a... - 44.4463
1. Drain tuna and flake into chunks, removing bones and skin if any.
2. Prepare the mashed potatoes according to package instructions, reducing the water content to not more that 1 cup, to get a fairly stiff mash. Let the mash cool.
3.... - 36.8061
Quick Salmon Rissoles
1) In a pan, bring the water to a boil, add the instant mashed potato and stir with a fork until fluffy.
2) In a bowl, combine the flaked salmon and mashed potatoes together.
3) Then add the shallots and lemon juice; mix thoroughly.
4) Shape the salmon... - 37.9914
First make the dipping sauce.
Stir the garlic and salt into the vinegar until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Put the shrimps and water into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the shrimps are... - 41.3159
Steak St. Louis
Mix together 1 can mushrooms, drained, 1 large onion, sliced thin, 1 cup catsup, 1 tbs.lemon juice, 3 tbs. Worcestershire sauce, melted butter and a dash of garlic salt.
Brown steak in heavy skillet.
Place steak in a 9x13 inch oblong cake pan or use the... - 35.1403
Japanese Vegetable Tempura
Prepare vegetables before you begin cooking Cut carrots crosswise into 4 inch lengths, then cut each piece lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices.
Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch thick triangular pieces.
Cut green pepper into 1/4 inch wide strips.
Halve mushrooms... - 43.2079
Succulent Roasted Pork Chops And Others
This autumn won't be the same as the previous ones. Because you have this amazing video recipe of Autumn Dinner Menu. Watch this video to learn some of the most amazing dishes that you can prepare this season. This gourmet meal will surprise your guests for... - 147.672
Quick Bhel Puri
1) Blend together all the ingredients of tikhi chutney into a smooth paste.
2) Soak tamarind and make pulp. Then, blend it with dates and other ingredients of meethi chutney into a smooth paste.
3) Make stiff dough with suji, maida and salt. Add... - 45.1225
A Minute Steak Dinner
1. Thaw the frozen cake after removing it from the package.
2. Combine meat tenderizer, dry mustard and pepper
3. Place the steaks on a waxed paper and sprinkle both sides on them with the mixture.
4. Leave to tenderize.
5. Preheat oven to 450... - 40.4103
The Chef's Kitchen - Party Platters
Cooking tips and techniques from the nation's finest chefs. Chef Walter Staib of City Tavern uses Dietz and Watson items to make party platters. - 143.676
A Rich Turkey Pie
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2)In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Saute the sliced mushrooms for 5 minutes.
3) Add in the salad greens into a bowl. Sprinkle the dillweed on top. Refrigerate.
4) Whip the cream and transfer... - 41.4634