- » Creole Okra Tomato Rice
Creole Okra Tomato Rice Recipes
Enjoy our collection of creole okra tomato rice recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for creole okra tomato rice recipes.
Creole Red Beans And Brown Rice
1. In a large pot, cover the dried beans with water, bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until they are tender, approximately 1 1/2 hours.
2. In a saute pan heat the olive oil over medium heat, sautÃ© the onion and hot pepper,... - 47.7888
Heat bacon in soup kettle; saute chicken and ham until lightly browned.
Remove meat from kettle.
Add okra and onion to pan, with butter, and saute until okra has ceased to string.
Add tomatoes, thyme, and pepper sauce, and return chicken and ham to... - 43.211
Seafood Gumbo With Bacon And Okra
Cut bacon into 1" pieces.
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. (Cover and chill bacon until gumbo is done.)
Whisk flour into drippings, and cook over medium heat,... - 42.8024
Heat oil in 12-inch skillet or Dutch oven until hot.
Cook chicken over medium heat until brown on all sides, about 15 minutes.
Drain fat from skillet.
Stir in remaining ingredients except okra and rice.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 30... - 42.6836
In large saucepan cook onion and garlic in butter till onion is tender but not brown.
Blend in flour.
Cook, stirring constantly, till flour is golden brown.
Stir in undrained tomatoes, green pepper, bay leaves, oregano, thyme, hot pepper sauce, 1 1/2 cups... - 43.239
Creole Steak Strips
Cut steak into strips about 1/2 inch wide and 2 inches long.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place in slow-cooking pot with onion, celery, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder.
Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
Turn control to high.
Add... - 43.723
Turkey Soup Creole Style
1. Cut turkey meat from carcass into bite-sized pieces; cover and refrigerate. With kitchen shears, cut carcass into several pieces.
2. In 8-quart Dutch oven or saucepot over medium heat, into hot salad oil, stir flour; cook, stirring constantly, until flour... - 32.1082
Creole Vegetable Soup
1) In a kettle, mix all ingredients, except last 2.
2) Cover and boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
3) Add salt and pepper to taste.
4) Serve hot. - 39.5382
Shrimp Creole Stir Fry
Thaw shrimp, if frozen.
Shell and devein shrimp.
Halve shrimp lengthwise.
(If shrimp are large, halve again crosswise.) For sauce, stir together undrained stewed tomatoes, parsley, tomato paste, cornstarch, hot pepper sauce, and 1/3 cup cold water.
Set... - 47.3841
Brown flour in 2 tablespoons fat in skillet until dark; add onion, parsley and garlic.
Saute onion mixture until tender; pour into deep kettle.
Simmer tomatoes and okra together for several minutes; add to onion mixture.
Add shrimp, chicken stock, bay leaves... - 40.5813
Stir Fried Creole Gumbo
In a large soup pan, make tender the onion and garlic in butter.
Blend in flour, stirring constantly until golden.
Add undrained compressed tomatoes, green pepper, spices, hot sauce, water and salt.
Boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered for 20 min Remove bay... - 43.475
Southern Fish Creole
Thaw fish, if frozen.
Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
Cut fish into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
In a large skillet cook onion, celery, sweet pepper, and garlic in hot margarine or butter until tender.
Stir the undrained tomatoes, water, tomato paste,... - 44.0479
Creole Chicken Stew
Creole Chicken Stew is easy to make. The tomatoes and hot-pepper sauce gives the Creole chicken stew a strong taste and makes it MUST TRY recipe! - 35.9943
Combine oil and flour in a large Dutch oven, cook over low heat 20 to 30 minutes, stirring constantly, until roux is the color of a copper penny.
Stir in onions, green peppers, parsley, and garlic, cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add tomatoes, okra,... - 36.2923
Creole Seafood Gumbo
Spray a 5-quart Dutch oven with vegetable cooking spray.
Add margarine; melt over medium heat.
Add onion and garlic.
Saute until tender.
Add water, shrimp, okra, celery, bell pepper and rice.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
Simmer, uncovered, for 30 to 35... - 42.8352
Creole Chicken And Sausage Gumbo
1. Preheat oven to 375°F Place flour in oven-safe 12-inch skillet (if skillet is not oven-safe, wrap handle with double layer of foil). Bake until flour begins to brown, about 25 minutes. Stir with wooden spoon, breaking up any lumps. Bake, stirring flour... - 37.3446
Dave is making a traditional dish Creole Shrimp Sausage Gumbo with okra. You can never fail cooking Creole Shrimp Sausage Gumbo because Dave is sharing some very important tips for making it perfectly. The shrimps and the sausages cooking the flour based... - 91.0011
Creole Mixed Vegetables
Heat wok over high heat; add oil.
Stir-fry green pepper and onion for 5 minutes.
Stir in okra, corn, undrained tomatoes, salt, thyme, and pepper sauce.
Cover and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or till vegetables are done and liquid is slightly... - 33.9039
Gumbo A La Creole
Place onion and butter in a 3 qt.glass casserole dish.
Cover and microwave 4 to 6 minutes or until tender.
Stir in flour.
Gradually stir in chicken broth.
Add tomatoes, okra and spices.
Cover and microwave 18 to 22 minutes or until okra is cooked.
Stir twice... - 44.4825
Tuna Lentil Creole
1) In a medium saucepan, add lentils and water enough to cover them and 2 teaspoons of the salt. Bring to a quick boil.
2) Then, cover the pan and cook on medium heat for 1 1/2 hours. Drain water and set aside.
3) In a large saucepan melt butter and... - 44.8696
Creole Stuffed Peppers
These Creole Stuffed Peppers taste divine ! I tried these bell peppers stuffed with an irresistible vegetable mix with my rice for a meal and have not forgotten its mesmerizing taste since then. Just try these Creole Stuffed Peppers and let me know if you... - 42.2223
Vegetarian Cajun Creole
This really simple vegetarian dish is a must try for vegetarians. It has a high amount of proteins and essential nutrients that you can savor - 128.726
La Z Boy Gumbo
A delicious spicy cajun classic made the lazy way, perfect for those fall and winter evenings at home with the family or with friends - 42.7069
1. In a small bowl, mix the thyme, the garlic and onion powders, paprika, salt, and the black and red peppers. Sprinkle this mixture on both sides of the fillets. Pour the butter in a pie plate.
2. Heat a heavy 12-inch skillet (preferably cast iron) over high... - 30.0884
Louisiana Crab Gumbo
Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
Add celery, garlic, onion, and green pepper.
Saute 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil.
Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour, stirring... - 41.9281
Jumbled Turkey Jambalaya
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add turkey and sausage in batches, and cook until golden brown.
2. Reduce heat, and in the same saucepan add onion, celery, garlic, and green pepper. Sauté and cook for 5 minutes or until they... - 122.775