- » Creamed Hominy
Creamed Hominy Recipes
Enjoy our collection of creamed hominy recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for creamed hominy recipes.
Skillet Hominy In Sour Cream,
Drain hominy; put in skillet with butter.
Cover with sour cream.
Heat on low heat, stirring often, till cooked down.
Season to taste. - 22.2644
Baked Hominy In Cream
In small skillet cook onion in butter till tender but not brown.
In a bowl mix the eggs, cream salt and pepper; beat well.
Stir in hominy and onion.
Turn hominy mixture into 10x6x2-inch baking dish.
Bake at 350° just till set, 25 to 30 minutes.
Let stand 5... - 31.8205
Hominy In Sour Cream
Melt butter in a heavy skillet.
Add drained hominy and sour cream.
Season with salt and pepper.
Heat through, stirring often. - 24.3585
Hot Cheese Hominy
Mix chopped onion, butter, hominy, green chilies, sour cream, chili powder, salt, pepper and 1 cup grated cheese.
Pour into lightly greased baking dish.
Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup grated cheese on top.
Bake 5 more minutes. - 34.6258
In large bowl combine hominy and salt.
Mash till consistency of mush.
With hands, shape into rounds 1 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
In skillet fry gorditas in small amount of hot fat about 1 minute on each side or till golden.
Drain on paper... - 32.4482
Hominy With Chiles And Cheese
Layer half of hominy and half of chiles in a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Dot with 1/4 cup sour cream and 1 teaspoon butter.
Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Repeat layering procedure with remaining hominy, green chiles, sour cream, and... - 30.4878
Buttered Whole Hominy
Heat the hominy in its own liquor.
Then drain, and add butter, paprika and salt to taste.
Serve as an accompaniment to meat and gravy.
1/2 c thin cream and 2 tablesp minced parsley may be added to drained, heated hominy, in place of butter. - 19.4515
Mix white hominy, yellow hominy, sour cream and diced chilies in a bowl.
Lightly grease, or even better spray with Pam, a 9" x 13" pan.
Pour mixture into sprayed or greased pan and cover with the grated cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min or until a nice... - 25.2765
Cook the ground beef and onion with salt and pepper in a skillet until brown.
Drain the hominy and add to ground beef mixture.
Chop the tamales and olives and add to ground beef mixture.
Add the soup and mix well.
Pour into a 2-quart casserole.
Bake at 350... - 32.6222
Hominy Chili Casserole
Mix hominy carefully with onion, sour cream or cream sauce, jack cheese, green chilies, and salt to taste.
Put into a 2 1/2 or 3-quart casserole, sprinkle the top with buttered bread crumbs, and bake, uncovered, in moderate oven (350°) about 30 minutes, or... - 32.1894
Hearty Mushroom Hominy
Place 1 cup beef broth in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
Add dried mushrooms, and remove from heat.
Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid; chop mushrooms.
Pour reserved liquid through a fine sieve into a bowl.
Return liquid and... - 37.5432
Sausage Hominy Skillet
In skillet brown the sausage pieces. (Electric skillet 350°.)
Add onion and butter; cook till onion is tender but not brown.
Combine flour, salt, and pepper.
Stir into sausage.
Add undrained hominy and evaporated milk or sour cream sauce.
Reduce heat... - 42.4023
Jiffy Chili Hominy Bake
Cook beef and onion till meat is browned.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese.
Turn into 2-quart casserole.
Cover; bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
Sprinkle cheese over top; bake uncovered 5 minutes longer. - 35.3408
Hominy And Red Chile Stew
1. In a large casserole, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion, garlic, squash, oregano and salt and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Stir in the chile powder and flour until blended.
2. Add the hominy and enough water to cover generously,... - 35.204
Hominy With Green Chilies
Saute onion in 2 tablespoons fat until tender; add chilies, garlic, hominy, cumin, salt and pepper.
Place in saucepan over medium heat until heated through.
Add sour cream; fold in cheese.
Pour into greased casserole.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or... - 33.0449
Delicious Hominy Bake
Combine soup, red pepper, pepper, celery seed, Worcestershire sauce and salt; place over medium heat until mixture is heated through.
Place hominy in greased baking dish; pour soup mixture over hom- iny.
Top with bread crumbs and almonds.
Bake at 300 degrees... - 32.9011
Hot Cheese Hominy
1 Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2 Lightly grease a 10- x 6- x 2-inch baking dish.
3 In a large skillet, melt butter and saute onion in it for 5 minutes.
4 Add in the next 6 ingredients along with 1/2 cup cheese.
5 Mix well.
6 ... - 42.8749
Hominy Cheese Delight
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Take a bowl and combine ingredients like hominy, Swiss cheese, slightly beaten eggs, salt, Worcestershire sauce, chopped chives, pimento and scalded light cream to it.
3. Spread the mixture into 6... - 39.0946
Hot Cheese Hominy
Saute onion in butter in a large skillet 5 minutes.
Add next 6 ingredients and 1/2 cup cheese; mix well.
Pour mixture into a lightly greased 10- x 6- x 2-inch baking dish; bake at 400Â° for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese over top, and bake an... - 28.3864
This is a wonderful recipe for Hominy Cheese Delight to start off or end the meal with. Give a chance for your guests to relish this flavorsome Hominy Cheese Delight. - 44.4788
Pork & Hominy Soup
In an 8-quart kettle, combine broth, ham, chicken, onion, oregano, and cumin.
Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently for 1 hour.
Pour broth through a wire strainer and return to kettle.
Cover and chill stock.
Discard skin and bones from... - 39.8856
Macaroni And Cheese Pudding
Stir grits into boiling water.
Cover and cook over a low heat for 25 to 30 minutes.
Set aside to cool.
Then measure exactly 2 cups of the cooled grits into a bowl and beat until smooth.
Beat yolks soundly and stir into grits.
Add cream, salt, and pepper.
Beat... - 34.2149
Tex Mex Posole
1. In food processor combine hominy, milk, and sour cream and process, using on-off motion, until hominy is coarsely chopped; set aside.
2. In 9-inch nonstick skillet heat margarine and oil until margarine is melted; add onion, peppers, and garlic and saute... - 33.4974
Triple Corn Stew
1. Coarsely chop or crumble sausage; place in a 4- to 5-quart (3.8- to 5-liter) pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until well browned (15 to 20 minutes). Discard fat.
2. Add hominy, cream-style corn, and corn kernels to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally,... - 28.6707
Mix cream-style corn, whole kernel corn, and hominy together.
Stir in egg and salt to taste.
Place mixture in a deep, 2-quart casserole.
Cut cheese and bacon into 1-inch squares.
Garnish top with checkerboard arrangement of cheese and bacon squares.
Sprinkle... - 40.5215
Combine hominy, tamales, the Vienna sausages, and soup.
Gently mix; turn into 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.
Sprinkle cheese over top; return to oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese. - 30.2165
Vermouth Glazed Scallops With Julienned Vegetables
To Prepare Vegetables: Cut leek, carrot, and zucchini in 2-inch lengths and then into matchstick strips by hand or with julienne blade of food processor.
To Cook Scallops: Place flour in a shallow dish, add scallops, toss to coat, and pat off excess.
In a... - 41.4435
Pecan Cold Smoked Strip Steaks With Carolina Barbecue Sauce And Green Tomato Grits
1) In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together water, vinegar, brown sugar, tomato ketchup, red pepper flakes, garlic, sassafras, bourbon, sugar, salt and pepper.
2) Marinate the steaks in the mixture for about 12hours. Place the steaks in the... - 44.0495
Princess Indian Stew
Brown meat and onion and drain.
In large stew pot, mix next 9 ingredients and cook approximately 30 minutes - 28.261
1) If you are making use of frozen peas then cook as per the package directions and if using canned peas, rinse them.
2) Drain the peas.
3) Take a large bowl and in it, mix together the drained peas, tomatoes, hominy, green pepper, salad... - 43.5612
Two Cup Chicken Casserole
1. Preheat the oven to 400 Â°F.
2. Combine the red beans, hominy, corn, tomatoes, oil, chicken, and chipotle peppers in a mixing bowl. Transfer the mixture to a 2-quart baking pan and season with salt to taste. Cover and bake until the chicken is cooked... - 35.613
Generously butter a 2-quart baking dish.
Arrange alternating layers of green peppers, tomatoes, hominy, cracker crumbs and cheese in dish, dotting each layer with a bit of butter.
Combine half-and-half, eggs, cumin, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and... - 37.9297
French Shallot Beans
1 In a pan, cook the beans.
2 Add the shallots during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
3 Drain throughly.
4 Pour the sauce made of remaining ingredients over the top.
5 Can be served over rice or hominy. - 40.1928
Pork And Garbanzo Bean Chili
1. Place whole tomatoes in a blender or food processor; process until pureed. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add pork, and cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in onion, jalapeiio pepper, and garlic; cook... - 32.1714
Place beans in a saucepan with water to cover by 2 inches.
Boil; boil 2 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Cover and let stand 1 hour.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet.
Brown half the pork cubes.
Lift pork cubes from skillet; set... - 43.6179
Santa Fe Farmers' Market Stew
1. In a large saucepan, soak the beans in plenty of cold water for at least 6 hours or overnight. Pour off the water, re-cover the beans with fresh water and bring to a boil. Boil the beans vigorously for 5 minutes. Drain the beans in a colander and rinse... - 39.8408
Chunky Vegetable Ragout
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; add olive oil.
Place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
Add zucchini and next 9 ingredients; stir.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until zucchini is... - 37.3854