- » Crawfish Etouffee
Crawfish Etouffee Recipes
Enjoy our collection of crawfish etouffee recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for crawfish etouffee recipes.
Easy Crawfish Etouffee
If you are looking for a dish that not only sounds pleasing to the ears, but also tastes equally good to the tongue, this is your bet. Crawfish etouffee is a delicious Cajun seafood dish that is almost a staple in Lousiana. Smothered in spicy sauce, this... - 111.057
Cajun Crawfish Etoufee
This video recipe of Cajun Crawfish Etoufee clears all the clouds off cajun cooking and tells us the real story behind this style of cooking. Watch this video to learn this traditional dish the authentic way. - 101.037
Crawfish Etouffee Using Fish Stock
1) In a non-stick pan, melt the butter and stir flour and cook, stirring constantly over low heat to make a light brown roux.
2) Stir in the onion, scallions, celery, bell pepper, and garlic.
3) Allow the vegetables to cook until soft, adding a little... - 45.5291
New Crawfish Etouffee
Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
Preheat a 10-inch skillet, preferably nonstick, over high heat to 350°, about 4 minutes.
Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, and two teaspoons of the seasoning mix.
Stir and cook, scraping the bottom... - 43.6346
Add flour and stir until blended.
Add onion, bell pepper and garlic.
Saute until tender.
Add fat from crawfish and cook about 10 minutes.
Add crawfish tails.
Cook another 15 minutes.
Just before serving, squeeze a little lemon juice over... - 43.5782
The crawfish etouffee is prepared with crawfish or shrimp and vegetables. Cooked along with tomato sauce, butter and water, the etouffee is flavored with garlic, red and black pepper. Simmered to a finish, it is best served over rice. - 43.21
1) Saute onion, pepper and celery in vegetable spray.
2) Add water, crawfish, butter substitute and season well.
3) Place over gentle heat and allow to boil for 30 minutes.
4) Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water.
5) Stir in the onion tops and... - 42.9365
Thaw crawfish tails, if frozen.
In a heavy saucepan melt the first 1/4 cup butter or margarine.
Stir in the flour.
Cook and stir over medium heat till the mixture starts to brown; reduce heat to medium-low.
Cook, stirring constantly, about 30 minutes total or... - 40.5543
Tony's Crawfish Etouffee
Melt margarine in aluminum Dutch oven (don't use iron pot as black iron pot will cause crawfish to darken).
Season crawfish tails generously with Tony's Creole seasoning or salt and pepper.
Add paprika to margarine.
Saute crawfish tails about 5... - 39.1304
Classic Crawfish Etouffee
Crawfish Etouffee has a unique taste. Crawfish Etouffee gets its taste from crawfish mixed with hot sauce and red pepper. Crawfish Etouffee is served with rice. - 36.9289
Saute onion, celery, and green pepper in margarine until tender.
Add chicken broth, tomato paste, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and pepper.
Cook over medium-high heat, stirring until smooth and bubbly.
Add crawfish; reduce heat and simmer 5... - 34.5468
1. Combine flour and oil in a Dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until flour is very brown. (Mixture will be dry.)
2. Add onion and next 4 ingredients; stir well. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. (Mixture will be dry.)
3. Gradually... - 30.6892