- » Country French Dessert
Country French Dessert Recipes
Enjoy our collection of country french dessert recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for country french dessert recipes.
Brown the chops in the fat, turning once.
Pour off any surplus fat and add the onion, lemon rind and juice and cider.
Cover and simmer gently until cooked, about 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, blanch the cabbage in boiling salted water about 1 minute, then drain... - 39.2286
Strawberry Meringues A La Mode
1 As per the package directions, prepare the meringue shells, using sugar and water.
2 Allow to cool.
3 Fill the center with strawberries and top with strawberry ice cream.
4 Serve at once. - 29.5718
In large skillet, cook apples in margarine until crisp-tender.
Heat oven to 350Â°F.
Grease 1 1/2 or 2-quart casserole.
Layer apples in greased casserole; top with bread cubes.
In small bowl, beat eggs until well blended.
Lightly spoon flour into measuring... - 41.6873
Frozen Blueberry Souffle
In a blender, puree blueberries.
Add sugar and orange juice to the blender and mix well.
In a small pot, bring berry puree to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reduced to 1 1/2 cups.
While puree is cooking, whip the cream until stiff; chill in... - 39.7172
Oregon Pear Pie
1. Preheat oven moderate to 325°.
2. Use canned or freshly cooked pears. Slice or quarter them.
3. Let it drain.
4. In a bowl add dry ingredients and mix together.
5. Pour milk over it.
6. Fold beaten egg yolks gently.
7. Cook and stir... - 46.5718
Frosted Apple Raisin Pie
1) Make two halves of the pastry and roll out one half to line 9" pie pan.
2) In a bowl, mix together, sugar, flour, salt and cinnamon. Add apples and raisins to it.
3) Put the mixture into the pie pan. Pour orange juice and dot with butter. Cover it... - 41.6432
Fresh Fruit Terrine With Raspberry Coulis
In a medium saucepan combine the wine, sugar, lemon juice and water.
Bring the mixture to a boil.
Add the peaches and simmer for 15 minutes or until the peaches are very tender.
Drain through a colander, reserving the liquids and solids.
In a food processor... - 40.7535
Fresh Peach Sauce
In a saucepan, bring water, sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg to a boil; boil for 1 minute.
Bring to a boil; boil another 1-2 minutes.
Remove from the heat; stir in extract. - 26.9316
Coquille Of Seafood And Mushrooms In Mornay Sauce
In a medium skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter and saute the mushrooms until tender and the liquid disappears.
Set the mushrooms aside.
In a medium saucepan simmer the scallops, shrimp, sherry, salt, pepper, bay leaf and scallions for 5 minutes in enough... - 41.9109
Sweet And Simple French Macaroons
Macaroons are always the popular and tasty dessert. What about you, do you like them? Learn here how to make French macaroons with the help of this simple video. - 102.922
1. In double boiler over hot (not boiling) water, combine milk, 3/4 cup sugar, egg yolks, and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and coats a spoon, about 15 minutes. Stir in the vanilla.
2. Pour custard into 4 wine goblets or dessert... - 35.2036
1. Prepare basic crepes: In blender, process eggs, milk, flour, 2 tablespoons butter, and salt until smooth, scraping down sides of blender. Transfer batter to medium bowl; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight to allow flour to absorb... - 38.64
Smoky Beef Hors D'oeuvres With Honey Mustard Sauce
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Separate each biscuit into 2 layers; on sheet of wax paper arrange biscuits in 2 lines (4 biscuit layers in each line), with edges touching so that they form 1 rectangle.
Cover with separate sheet of wax paper and, using a rolling... - 38.3312
Steamed Mussels With Sauce Aurore
Soak mussels in a bowl of fresh water for 15 minutes.
Discard any mussels that are open, broken, chipped, or damaged.
If necessary, remove and discard the beard from each mussel by pulling it firmly with your fingers.
Remove mussels from soaking water;... - 43.5864
This is a French country dish from Limousin where they pour the batter over the juicy black cherries of the region.
In winter use drained canned cherries.
Butter a shallow 2 1/2 cup ovenproof dish.
An 8 inch French pottery flan dish is ideal.
Stem and pit the... - 39.4426
Chocolate Bread Pudding
1. In a large glass bowl, combine the milk and chocolate. Heat in a microwave oven on high power about 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. (Or heat in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring... - 26.9022
New Orleans Bread Pudding
1. In a small bowl, combine the raisins and bourbon; let stand 15 minutes. Grease 8-inch square baking dish.
2. In large bowl, combine granulated sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Whisk in eggs and vanilla until combined. In cup, set aside 1 tablespoon... - 39.5267
I undertook what amounted to a cram course in the crawfish at the Bon Ton, a small restaurant with a Cajun owner (Cajuns are descendants of the Acadians, the displaced French settlers of Nova Scotia).
There I had a thick crawfish bisque, with the bright red... - 39.2351