- » Cornmeal Spoonbread
Cornmeal Spoonbread Recipes
Enjoy our collection of cornmeal spoonbread recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for cornmeal spoonbread recipes.
Corn And Bacon Spoonbread
Corn And Bacon Spoonbread has a yummy taste. If you like bacon with cornmeal bread then try this Corn And Bacon Spoonbread recipe, you will be blow away by its dynamic taste. - 45.1013
Spoonbread is pudding bread, which is generally eaten by spoon or fork. Spoonbread is easy to make side dish recipe. Spoonbread gets its taste from eggs mixed with vegetable soup and cornmeal. - 31.637
Souper Spoonbread has a great taste. Souper Spoonbread gets its taste from corn meal mixed with eggs and cheese soup. Souper Spoonbread is inspired by many food joints around world. - 40.7973
Butter bottom and sides of 2-quart souffle dish or casserole.
Dust with cornmeal.
In large saucepan, combine tomatoes, chilies, butter,' salt, oregano, and cumin.
Break tomatoes into small chunks with spoon.
Cook and stir over medium heat until butter... - 44.7631
Southern Spoonbread are small sized bread using served along with appetizers. Southern Spoonbread gets its taste from cornmeal mixed with milk and eggs. - 31.9768
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously grease shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
2. In 4-quart saucepan, combine milk, salt, and pepper; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; with wire whisk, whisk in cornmeal. Add butter, stirring until... - 32.1573
1. On a medium saucepan, spray some cooking spray and place it on medium to high heat and allow to heat up
2. Add green onions and garlic and saute tilll tender; turn the heat down afterwards
3. Add milk, water, cornmeal and salt and cook for almost... - 45.6354
1. Preheat oven hot to 400°.
2. In the top of a double boiler mix cornmeal, milk and salt together.
3. Cook over boiling water for 15 minutes to a thick mush.
4. Stir constantly towards end.
5. Mix butter to it.
6. Cool the mixture.
7.... - 36.9083
Old Virginia Spoonbread
Scald 2 cups milk in top of double boiler.
Combine remaining 1 cup milk and cornmeal; mix well.
Add cornmeal mixture to scalded milk; cook over low heat 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
Remove from heat.
Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
Gradually... - 31.7518
Combine cornmeal, 1 tablespoon sugar, and red pepper in a saucepan.
Add milk and margarine; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
Remove from heat; let cool 10 minutes.
Add egg yolk; stir.
Beat... - 35.153
1) Take a saucepan and combine cornmeal and water to make a thick and smooth paste.
2) Heat over medium flame and then remove from heat.
3) Whisk cheese, garlic, butter, and salt, keep stirring until cheese melts completely.
4) Stir in bacon, reserving... - 47.404
Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until mixture is thickened, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
Combine eggs and milk; stir into cornmeal mixture.
Pour into a lightly greased 1 1/2 -quart casserole.
Bake at 425Â° for 30... - 27.1741
Perfect Southern Spoonbread
Basically deemed as a cross between corn bread and soufflé, this delightful pud like dish can make for an indulgent side. In this video, Betty reveals how to make perfect Southern style spoonbread without much toil. It’s so good that you can’t stop... - 95.4324
Saute onion in butter and set aside.
Mix together cornmeal, corn, beaten eggs, chicken stock, turkey, salt, monosodium glutamate, and pepper.
Add sauteed onions and the butter remaining in the pan.
Mix well and put in a greased 2 1/2 -quart casserole.
Bake in... - 33.812
Boone Tavern Style Spoonbread
Rich, dainty and loaded with calories, a spoonbread is something that you wouldn’t really like to binge on every now and then. But when it comes to special occasions, you simply can’t ignore it from the list. And Betty’s replication of the Boone Tavern... - 97.5264
Spoonbread Tamale Pie
Spoonbread Tamale Pie is a delicious side dish version that you will always love to include in your party. The Spoonbread Tamale Pie will surely always tempt you to try it again and again! - 40.2977
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
2) In a saucepan, add in the corn meal and water. Let the mixture come to a boil.
3) Keep stirring till the mixture starts to thicken.
4) Take the pan off the heat. Add in... - 40.2073
1) Preheat the oven to 375°.
2) Take a medium saucepan and mix cornmeal and salt in it.
3) Add water to this and stir well.
4) Pour in milk slowly, stirring until smooth.
5) Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until... - 42.8766
Sweet Corn Spoonbread
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Bring milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently with a whisk. Gradually whisk in cornnieal and salt. Simmer 3 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring frequently with a whisk. Remove from heat.... - 33.5198
Farmhouse Zucchini Spoonbread
In a colander, mix zucchini with salt and crush gently with your hands; set aside 30 minutes to drain.
Rinse well under cool running water.
With your hands, squeeze as much moisture from squash as possible.
Lay squash out on towels and pat dry.
In a large... - 44.1696
Southern Spoon Bread
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Pour boiling water over cornmeal; stir until smooth.
3. Beat in remaining ingredients, except egg whites.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into mixture.
5. Turn into 1 1/2- quart casserole sprayed with vegetable pan spray.... - 33.4044