- » Cornmeal Pastry
Cornmeal Pastry Recipes
Enjoy our collection of cornmeal pastry recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for cornmeal pastry recipes.
Cut shortening into flour, cornmeal and salt until particles are size of small peas.
Sprinkle in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans side of bowl.
Gather pastry into a ball; shape into... - 31.4135
1. Sift the flour with the cornmeal and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Mix the egg yolk with the chilled water, add to the dry ingredients and mix to a dough, adding a little... - 30.7138
Mix flour, cornmeal, and salt.
Mix in oil until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
Sprinkle with water and mix with fork.
Press firmly into a ball.
If too dry to form ball, work in 1 to 2 tbsp more oil.
Roll pastry between two sheets of waxed paper into a... - 29.6416
1. In a large bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups flour, cornmeal, sugar, and salt. Using fingers, work butter into flour mixture until it resembles cornmeal. Make a well in center. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks and water to blend. Pour into well. Using a fork,... - 24.8584
You May Also Like!
Apples In Cornmeal Pastry
1. Peel apples and cut crosswise in half. Remove cores. In a small bowl, mix sugar, walnuts, apricots, golden raisins, pine nuts, and butter. Stuff centers of apples with mixture. Set aside, covered.
2. Preheat oven to 350° F. Remove one disk of dough from... - 30.6135
Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together into a bowl.
Stir in cornmeal.
Cut in shortening with pastry blender until pieces are the size of peas.
Add a blend of egg and milk; with a fork, stir until just blended.
Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto hot... - 27.5018
Preheat oven to 375° F. and grease 3 dozen miniature (or 1 dozen full-size) muffin tins.
Mix cornmeal, flour, soda, and salt.
In another bowl, beat eggs, add honey and buttermilk.
Stir into cornmeal mixture, then add melted butter.
Place about 2 teaspoonfuls... - 35.7019
Cornmeal Molasses Waffles
1) The waffle iron is brushed, dipped in a mixture of oil and liquid lecithin and then pre-heated.
2) All the ingredients are blended with the help of an electric blender or a wire whisk.
3) The waffles are browned on the iron, using... - 40.3014
Cornmeal Drop Biscuits
In a large bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in cheese.
Make a well in the center.
In a small bowl combine buttermilk and undrained... - 34.8708
Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins
In a medium bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, and baking powder.
In a small bowl, mix the milk, maple syrup, oil, and egg.
Pour over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
Fold in the blueberries.
Line six muffin cups or 6-ounce custard cups with... - 40.6303
Cheesy Cornmeal Biscuits
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Grease baking sheet; set aside.
Combine flour and cornmeal in bowl.
Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is consistency of coarse crumbs.
Stir in cheese.
Add milk; stir with fork until dough leaves sides of... - 35.8615
Blue Cornmeal Crackers
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a medium bowl combine 3/4 cup blue cornmeal, flour, and salt.
3. With a pastry blender cut in softened margarine until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Sprinkle skim milk over cornmeal mixture,... - 40.8485
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees C.
2) Muffin tins are greased and kept aside.
3) All the ingredients are blended together using the blade of a food processor. (the processor is turned on and off several times, till the batter becomes... - 48.0002
Whole Wheat Cornmeal Pie Crust
1. Prepare a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate by greasing it
2. Tip all the ingredients into the pie plate and mix well
3. Toss the ingredients with a fork till they are combined
4. Press the dough into the bottom and sides of the pan
5. Bake... - 32.9308
Cornmeal Pastry Recipes By Category