- » Corn Meal
Corn Meal Recipes
Cornmeal is coarse flour obtained by grinding dried maize or American corn. The corn kernels along with the germ are ground to obtain a fine, medium or coarse flour. However, it is not ground as finely as wheat and ... More »
Corn Meal Griddlecakes
1.Start by preheating the griddle
2.In a bowl, place the corn meal and pour boiling water over it, also add sugar and salt and mix properly
3.Set aside till the meal swells
4.Now add milk to the bowl and let it stand until it... - 43.3731
Corn Meal Loaves
Soften yeast in water.
Combine next 4 ingredients.
Stir till shortening melts.
Cool to lukewarm.
Add 2 1/2 cups of the flour; beat well.
Add softened yeast and eggs; beat till smooth.
Add corn meal and remaining flour to make soft dough.
Place on lightly... - 41.2101
Corn Meal Cookies
Cream shortening, add sugar, eggs and lemon extract.
Dredge raisins with 1/2 cup of flour and add.
Sift remaining flour with other dry ingredients and add, mixing thoroughly.
Drop by teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet and flatten out with a... - 40.1989
Golden Glow Casserole
1.Start by preheating the oven to 350F degrees
2.In a boiler, add corn meal gradually to boiling salted water, stirring constantly; cook over boiling water 30 to 45 minutes.
3.Pour into shallow pan
4.When cold cut into 1 inch... - 36.4382
Fried mush is a griddle cooked cornmeal mush. Seasoned and cut in slices, the cornmeal mushr is pan fried and can be served as a side or accompanying dish in meals. - 35.5161
Fried Corn Meal Mush
Boil water in the top of a double boiler.
Then combine corn meal with salt and 1 1/2 cups cold water.
Stir into boiling water a little at a time, stirring constantly.
Cook over high heat about 3 minutes.
Cover and cook over boiling water for 15 minutes.
Pour... - 35.3014
Bring hot water and salt to a boil in a large saucepan.
In a separate bowl, combine cornmeal and cold water.
Stir slowly into the hot water.
Reduce heat, and let cook 5 to 10 minutes until thickened.
Serve with cream and honey or top with shredded... - 34.571
Corn Meal Dumplings
1. Sift the corn meal, flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
2. Beat the eggs in another bowl until they are foamy, then stir in the milk. Stir the egg mixture into the bowl containing the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add the melted... - 33.9685
Fried Corn Meal Mush
An empty belly is a great cook and Fried Corn Meal Mush is a great way to fill it. If you have plenty of corn on hand then Fried Corn Meal Mush is the thing to make. You can serve Fried Corn Meal Mush as a yummy Side Dish. With easily procurable ingredients... - 33.9351
1) In a slow cooker, place the cornmeal, ½ teaspoon of salt and water. Cover the cooker.
2) Set on LOW and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
3) Into large soup or cereal plates, spoon the preparation.
4) Top with 1 or 2 tablespoons of... - 33.8724
Fried Corn Meal Mush
In saucepan, heat 2 3/4 cups water to boiling.
Combine remaining ingredients; gradually add to boiling water, stirring constantly.
Cook till mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
Cover, continue cooking over low heat 10 to 15 minutes.
Pour into a 7 1/2x3... - 33.2226
Corn Meal Spoonbread
Scald the milk.
Add the butter and salt.
Slowly add the meal, stirring constantly.
Cook one minute after adding the last of the meal, still stirring.
Add the beaten egg yolks.
Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the corn meal mixture.
Pour into an... - 32.6547
Corn Meal Gems
1. Start oven, set at Hot, 400° F. Grease muffin pans for 12 gems.
2. Sift together the corn meal, salt and sugar and stir into the milk; add the butter or margarine and stir well. Let the mixture cool slightly.
3. Stir in the eggs.
4. Fill the greased... - 30.6316
Use 1 tablespoon butter to lightly grease walls of crock pot.
Add paprika and cayenne.
Turn to high setting while measuring remaining ingredients.
Add to crock pot with remaining melted butter; stir well.
Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 9 hours (on... - 27.914
Measure corn meal into a deep, 2 1/2 quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic glass casserole.
Add water and salt.
Heat, uncovered, on full power 5 minutes.
Heat on full power 5 minutes longer.
Stir well, cover and let stand 5 to 6 minutes - 25.2509
1. Pour the boiling water into a saucepan. Mix together the corn-meal and cold water and gradually stir into the boiling water.
2. Add the salt and cook, stirring, for about 20 minutes. - 22.4218
1. Add the salt to the boiling water; sprinkle the corn meal into the water, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens. Cook over direct heat and stir 5 minutes; or cook 30 minutes in the top of a double boiler over simmering water,... - 19.2982
Cooked Corn Meal
1. Bring 3 cups water to a boil.
2. Mix corn meal, salt, and cold water together. Pour into boiling water and cook until thickened, stirring frequently. Cover; continue cooking over low heat 10 minutes. - 18.9281
1. In the blendtec place the corn.
2. Press the manual button on blendtec, highest speed 10 and blend until powdered consistency.
3. Use the cornmeal to make cornmeal bread. - 0
Corn Meal Recipes By Category