- » Corn Cake
Corn Cake Recipes
Corn Cakes are simply sweetened corn breads, a sweet variation from the regular pancakes that are served for breakfast. Corn cakes can be fluffy or leavened and are popular in American cuisines. Often served with ... More »
Johnny cakes or roasted corn cakes are yummy pancake like breads that can be easily prepared at home using cornmeal and a few other simple ingredients. Chef Keith Snow prepares a heavy meal cake that is not only impressive and a breeze to make, but also... - 101.426
Parsnip Corn Cakes
1) In batches, squeeze the potatoes to extract all excess moisture.
2) In a large bowl add the potatoes.
3) Mix parsnips, corn, chives, nutmeg, and pepper.
4) Add egg substitute and flour.
5) In another bowl beat egg whites until... - 48.879
Cheddar Corn Cakes
1. Pre-heat a oven by setting it to 400°F.
2. Take a small sized nonstick skillet and heat the oil in it.
3. Add the peppers and scallions and cook over medium flame stirring once in a while.
4. Allow it to cook for a minute until the... - 47.7452
Crabby Corn Cakes
1) Use non-stick cooking spray to spray a non-stick skillet of 10-inches.
2) Add the onion and bell pepper and sautÃ© over moderate-high heat, frequently stirring, till the ingredients are tender. This usually takes 1 to 2 minutes.
3) Put the... - 45.9333
1. In a bowl beat the egg whites until stiff and in a separate bowl the yolks slightly.
2. Put the corn, milk, salt and butter to yolks and mix properly.
3. Now add the crumbs, flour, baking powder and parsley and mix it.
4. Now fold the egg whites... - 45.4052
Corn Meal Griddle Cakes
1) Take a bowl and add some corn meal to it.
2) Scald it by pouring boiling water on it.
3) Add the molasses, shortening and milk.
4) Sift flour together with baking powder and salt and add it to the mixture.
5) Mix them well.
6) Take a griddle and... - 44.9371
1. In a bowl, whisk together cornmeal, baking soda, and salt.
2. Add egg, buttermilk, and butter. Whisk the batter until smooth.
3. Stir in the corn and let the batter rest for 10 minutes. The batter should be the consistency of thick pancake batter;... - 44.3582
Corn Meal And Rice Griddle Cakes
1. In a measuring jar or a bowl, combine eggs and sour milk. Whisk with a fork until well blended.
2. Into a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, soda and salt and mix in the corn meal
3. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients,... - 42.7146
Corn Cake And Ham
In small saucepan, combine all syrup ingredients; blend well.
Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally; keep warm.
Heat griddle to 375°F.; grease lightly with oil.
In medium bowl, combine pancake mix, water and corn.
Stir just until large lumps of pancake... - 42.5667
Hearty Ham Corn Cake
Combine flour, corn meal, baking powder, salt: and soda in medium mixing bowl.
Combine buttermilk, oil, eggs and deviled ham.
Add to dry ingredients all at once, stirring only until moistened.
Pour into greased 8 or 9-inch ring mold.
Bake at 425° for 25 to... - 41.3305
Crispy Cod And Corn Cakes
1) Take a deep frying pan and place the milk and fish in it.
2) Place cover and bring to a boil .
3) Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
4) Take another bowl and stir the onions and corn to prepare a mash.
5) Add... - 40.6465
Ham Corn Cake
Melt 1 tsp (15 ml) margarine in a saucepan.
Add onion and green pepper: cook until tender.
Set aside to cool.
In a bowl, combine dry ingredients-corn flour, oat flour, baking powder and salt.
In another bowl, beat together the egg, milk and 3 tsp (45 ml)... - 39.8435
In bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, thyme and pepper.
Whisk together egg, milk and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil; pour over flour mixture.
Add corn, onion and cheese; mix just until combined.
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat; brush with... - 38.7696
Lacy Edged Corn Cakes
Mix the cornmeal, salt and soda in a bowl.
Add egg and mix well.
Stir in the buttermilk slowly.
Heat 1 tablespoon shortening in a 12-inch skillet.
Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into shortening and cook until brown on both sides, turning once and adding... - 38.7065
Corn And Cheese Griddle Cake
1. Sift together both flours, salt, baking powder and sugar.
2. Beat eggs, stir in milk, blend in flour and cheese gradually.
3. Add butter or margarine, mix well.
4. Heat a griddle (tava) and drop 1-2 tablespoons mixture in the centre of the griddle, spread... - 36.0872
Basic Corn Cakes
1) Use a blender, to combine all the ingredients. You can also combine by hand.
2) Use a griddle to cook the corn cakes over medium flame.
3) Serve the cake with honey or maple syrup. - 35.8967
Potato Corn Cakes
Grate the potatoes and the onions (and please leave the potato skins on); stir in the eggs, brewer's yeast, salt, flour, and soy grits.
Carefully add the milk powder so that it doesn't lump too much (a few lumps don't matter).
Stir in the corn, and your... - 35.3583
Crackling Corn Cakes
1. Cook the salt pork slowly, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
2. Sift together the cornmeal, baking powder, soda and salt.
3. Mix the eggs, buttermilk and two tablespoons fat from the pork. Drain off remaining fat and reserve.
4. Add the liquid... - 34.5719
Plantation Corn Cakes
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Grease a shallow baking pan, approximately 9 x 12 inches.
Shortly before pouring in the batter, place the empty pan in the oven to heat through.
Sift together all dry ingredients.
Beat in the buttermilk, egg, and melted bacon... - 33.2332
Corn Cake Chili Dinner
Combine corn muffin mix, egg, milk, and corn.
Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Divide into 12 pancakes and fry on a hot griddle.
Spoon 1/4 C chili on each pancake and fold pancake in half.
Place folded, filled pancakes on heated... - 33.2071
Boil water, salt and garlic salt in a saucepan.
Slowly add grits or cornmeal, stirring constantly.
Cook about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is very thick.
Add cheese; stir until melted.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on an ungreased baking... - 33.0869
Little Corn Cakes
Scald corn meal and butter by pouring boiling water over it.
Add salt and sugar.
Break eggs into mixture and beat.
Add enough milk to make batter very soft.
Add baking powder.
Drop by tablespoons into buttered frying pan to make each small corn cake. - 33.0581
Cracking Corn Cakes
Cracking Corn Cakes is an irresistible side dish recipe that you will surely love to try. A recipe prepared with cornmeal; I am sure you will enjoy this Cracking Corn Cakes!. - 32.6644
Tofu-veggie Corn Cakes
These corn cakes are like little veggie omelets. Enjoy as a main dish, a side, or an appetizer. - 31.6804
Spider Corn Cake
Spider corncake is a homemade corn bread cake made with cornmeal. Prepared with a batter of buttermilk, eggs and seasoned to taste, the spider corncake is oven baked and can be served as desired. - 31.4592
Lace Edge Corn Cakes
Mix salt and baking soda thoroughly with meal.
Mix egg well with buttermilk.
Combine both mixtures and beat until smooth.
Pour 1 tablespoon of batter onto a hot greased griddle.
Bake until underside is brown (lift edge gently and peek).
Then turn, but only... - 30.2187
Country Corn Cake
Cook corn, covered, in boiling water to cover 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside to cool.
Combine corn and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
Beat egg whites at high speed of an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. (Do not... - 29.8374
Pan-fried Corn Cakes
Mix together all the ingredients. Drop by tablespoons onto a hot, oiled griddle Fry to a golden brown on both sides. - 28.8298
Corn Cakes is easy to make cake recipe. Corn Cakes get its taste from cornmeal mixed with flour and sugar. Corn Cakes are cherished by many food joints around the world. - 28.7822
Green Corn Cakes
Score and scrape corn from cobs.
Combine remaining ingredients and mix with corn.
Drop by double tablespoonfuls onto hot greased skillet.
Brown both sides.
Serve at once. - 27.6973
Commonwealth Club Corn Cakes
Combine dry ingredients, add eggs, melted butter, and liquids.
This should produce a thin batter.
Cook on a medium hot greased grill.
Cakes should be very thin, 4" in diameter, and have lacey edges.
Six cakes are served to a portion. - 26.5067
Double Corn Cakes
Stir together dry ingredients.
Combine eggs, corn, milk, and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just till all is moistened.
Drop batter from 1/4-cup measure onto hot, lightly greased griddle or skillet.
Turn once. - 25.0657
Summer Corn Cakes
Beat egg and milk together mix in uncooked corn kernels. Add butter, then dry ingredients sifted together. Drop by tablespoons on lightly oiled griddle. Fry until bubbles appear on the surface and underside is browned. Turn and brown the other side. Serve... - 22.849
Corn Cake Recipes By Category