- » Cooker Coconut
Cooker Coconut Recipes
Enjoy our collection of cooker coconut recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for cooker coconut recipes.
Slow Cooker Coconut Banana Bars
If you have a slow cooker, we have a nice recipe for you. It is coconut banana bars in slow cooker. Here is the video that shows the recipe. The chef in the video shows how bars can be made in the cooker instead of cooker. - 87.7878
Vegan Slow Cooker Kheer
Kheer is an Indian rice pudding flavored with cardamom that’s speckled with nuts and raisins. One of the things I like about it is that the rice breaks down to make it creamier than the typical American rice pudding.
It’s ridiculously easy and nutritious... - 32.2948
Coconut Rice With Pandan Leaves
Looking for a variation to your steamed rice? Try Coconut Rice with Pandan Leaves. This recipe uses pandan leaves to give a delicious aroma to the steamed rice. This dish is delicious on its own but also goes well with plenty of Asian recipes. - 111.782
1. Smear olive oil to the bottom of the cooker bowl to prevent rice from sticking.
2. Add rice along with water, coconut milk and salt into the rice cooker, cover the pot half open, and turn on the cooker.
3. Check for the rice and let it cook... - 104.59
Black Rice Pudding With Mango
Running out of ideas for breakfast? Here is some great information on Black Rice as well as a great breakfast recipe suggestion. There are a number of ways by which you can soften and cook the black rice before using. Watch and learn! - 109.6
Solar Cooked Coconut Macaroons
Crispy macaroons done in the solar cooker. These golden brown delights turn out nicely! Due to the audio absence the video is non directional. Watch the video for more - 48.0867
Chiratta Puttu (steamed Rice Cake In Coconut Shell)
Puttu is a traditional breakfast in Kerala. It is a steamed food, so light on the digestive system. This is made in different forms and now a days with different fillings other than coconut. Though the preparations look cumbersome, it can be a great family... - 0
Coconut Red Beans And Rice
Rinse and sort through beans.
In a deep 3 1/2- to 4-quart pan, bring the 2 quarts water to a boil over high heat.
Let water return to a boil; then boil, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
Remove pan from heat, cover, and let stand for 1 hour.
Drain and... - 48.2474
Coconut And Vegetable Pulao
Parboil the sliced carrots and potatoes and set aside. Half cook the green peas in salted water. Add a pinch of soda-bi-carb to it and drain in a colandar. Set aside.
Take the chopped onions and place them in a large vessel. Add 3 tablespoons of ghee and cook... - 35.9296
Pra Raam Long Song - Beef In Coconut Curry
Pra Raam Long Song - There is a very interesting story behind this recipe. King Rama had a pool in which he loved to swim. This beef in a creamy sauce, surrounded by freshly cooked greens is supposed to represent his bathing paradise. - 51.8304
Indian Coconut Rice
Are you having a hard time to cook nice and fluffy coconut rice? In that case, this recipe will help you a lot. After watching the video, you will become completely skilled in preparing the coconut rice in its most authentic Indian flavor. Serve this... - 126.217
Coconut Thai Shrimp And Rice
1. In a 4- or 5-quart electric slow cooker, mix the chicken broth, water, coriander, cumin, salt, cayenne, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, and ginger. Stir in the onion, bell pepper, carrot, coconut, raisins, and rice.
2. Cover and cook on the low heat setting... - 32.5781
Solar Baked Bananas With Coconut Flakes
1. Assemble a solar cooker.
2. Mix in lemon juice and butter in the stoneware bowl of the solar cooker.
3. Peel the banana and roll it in the butter mixture.
4. Add the cinnamon and the brown sugar and mix in well.
5. Place it in the... - 89.9499
Coconut Sweet And Sour Patties
Place the potatoes in a pressure cooker, add water and cook till soft. Empty out in a thali, peel, sprinkle some salt on the potatoes and mash till you have a silky soft deposit. Set aside.
Place the grated coconut in a thali. Sprinkle the raisins, tiny nuts,... - 39.7258
Cook soybeans by preferred method.
Drain and reserve liquid for soup.
Combine wheat berries and hulled oats in pressure cooker with 1 1/2 cups water.
Cook for 7 minutes, then remove cooker from heat and allow pressure to drop of its own accord.
Drain and... - 42.2877
Coconut Jazmine Rice
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large sauce pan or rice cooker.
2. Stir until mixed thoroughly.
3. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes, or until rice is cooked all the way through and liquid is all absorbed.
This recipe has been excerpted from The First Timer's... - 21.1034
Mushroom Curry With Coconut
Heat oil in a broad vessel,add onion and fry till they turn to brown colour.
Add mushroom and allow them to cook.
When mushroom is cooked and water absorved .
Add tomatoes and fry till they become mashy.Keep on stiring.
Add grinded masala,salt water and... - 43.731
Spicy Dry Mutton With Coconut
There are numerous varieties of dry mutton dishes that can be had, and they are all lip smacking indeed. This one, here, is more of a Kerala Style preparation with coconut, and goes well with Rotis (or chapatis), than it does with Plain rice. - 0
Mixed Vegetables In Coconut Gravy
This recipe is a medley of vegetables as it contains carrots, beans, peas, potato, etc as desired. They are all cooked in coconut gravy, so it is mildly spicy and sweet. It is usually served with rotis. - 0
This is one of the classic dishes made in Southern part of Tamil Nadu, especially Tirunelveli & Tuticorin. It is like a kuzhambu, which is served over rice for lunch. The dish is very rich with lots of coconut milk and is high in cholesterol, so a word of... - 0
Traditional Bubur Cacar
Dessert lovers, pay attention! Here is a traditional Malaysian dessert Bubur cacar which is prepared from sweet potatoes, yam, coconut milk and pandan leaves. It can be served hot or cold as per your liking. - 116.339
1. Dissolve 1 tsp sugar in warm water and sprinkle yeast in it. Allow it to froth.
2. Cook semolina with water to make a gruel. Allow it to cool.
3. Combine the flour, yeast and gruel to make a dough. Set aside to rise for 6 hours.
4. Add the ground coconut... - 41.0868
This is a traditional kerala dish, mostly eaten for breakfast or as tea time snack (I prefer it as a snack). Ideally made with rice flour and with grated coconut and jaggery filling, there are many interesting variations to this dish. My version of ela ada... - 35.1385
This is another type of sambar for you to try. The vegetables used to make this adds to the nutrition content. So make this dish as a variation to the regular sambar. - 0
Sweet Aromatic Chicken
1) Mix coconut milk and water.
2) Take a greased slow cooker, pour coconut water mixture and then add all the remaining ingredients.
3) Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
4) Garnish as desired and serve. - 35.8427
10 Min Potato Stew
Potato Stew is a very simple yet flavorful stew that can be made. Its combination of coconut milk and potatoes gives it a starchy and creamy flavor. - 0
Fried Sardine Curry
In a pressure cooker, heat coconut oil and saute ginger garlic apste, green chilly, chopped onions, till light brown .
Add chopped tomatoes , red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well.
Cover and cook for one whistle.
Release... - 38.9779
Gothambu puttu or wheat puttu is prepared in the same way as rice puttu with the only difference that rice flour is replaced by wheat flour. This puttu is served as a breakfast dish and is good for diabetics. - 29.6044
Crock Pot Brisket
Have you been looking for some yummy crock pot recipes? This video is a must watch for you. Vanny shares her personal, detailed recipe to prepare this scrumptious crock pot brisket. The dish is full of flavor and never fails to impress. - 112.496
1) In the slow cooker, place together oats, wheat, sesame, coconut, oil, honey and vanilla.
2) Cover leaving slightly open and simmer for about 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
3) Allow to cool, add raisins and mix well.
4) Place the granola mixture in... - 40.7523
Chora Ma Kharia
1. Wash and clean the trotters and see no hair sticks to the skin. Wash three times and marinate in the ginger-garlic paste and salt for 15 minutes. Place in a pressure cooker with 6 cups of water and cook till very soft and tender.
2. Cook the onion in... - 29.2117
East Indian Snack
1) In a slow cooker, add the noodles, cashews, cereal and coconut, mix well ; sprinkle with the curry and ginger ; lastly, drizzle the mixture with the margarine or butter and soy sauce, toss well.
2) Cook, covered on LOW for about 3-4 hrs; uncover... - 35.5434
Vellai Poosanikai Kootu
Ash gourd is rich in vitamin C, which is essential for healthy skin and bones. This nutrient makes your skin look soft and firm. It also strengthens your body's disease fighting mechanism. So this ash gourd kootu is one way to cook this dish and derive its... - 0
1. Remove the tough outer layer of lemon grass and finely slice the tender inner part.
2. In a small bowl, mix tamarind paste and warm water.
3. In a 4-quart slow cooker put beef.
4. In a food processor, drop chilies, onion, ginger,... - 0
Make the filling first by braising the ingredients together on a low heat on the cooker.
Keep stirring until the coconut has changed to a light golden colour.
Remove from the stove and allow to cool.
Make the dough by rubbing the butter into the sifted flour... - 45.5204
Traditional Kerala Kappa Puttu
Tapioca is called kappa in Malayalam and is very popular and an all time favorite of Keralites. This recipe of Kappa Puttu is a traditional Kerala breakfast item and a rather unique recipe of cooking Tapioca. Kappa Puttu is made by adding grated coconut to... - 84.9958
Easy To Make One-pot Delicious Sambar
Sambar is reflective of a traditional South-Indian family. But today if you look around, every Indian irrespective of whether form the North, South, East or West of India, all love Sambar! Try this easy to cook one-pot Sambar recipe that I regularly cook! - 0
Oats puttu is a healthy variation of a rice puttu, consumed in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. This puttu tastes more like a wheat puttu, which is prepared using wheat flour. Oats is the largest source of fiber and protein, and it is a popular breakfast cereal... - 31.4194
Snake gourd is rich in protein, calcium, phosphorus, and other vitamins and minerals. The vegetable is also believed to have good anti-inflammatory effects. It is also good for diabetics due to its high water content and low calories. - 0
Olan is yet another lip-smacking side dish from the cuisine of Kerala, India. It gets the great taste from coconut mixed with pumpkin and beans. This is a traditional Onam recipe which is served as part of sadhya, the festive meal. - 46.6059
The Ultimate Granola
1) In the slow cooker, place together oats, wheat germ, coconut, oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and sesame seeds.
2) Cover leaving slightly open and simmer for about 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
3) Allow to cool, add dried fruits and mix well.
4)... - 45.0553
Wash the trotters well.
Boil in pressure cooker with 5 cups water for half an hour.
Grind chillies, coconut, ginger, garlic and all the whole spices to a paste with vinegar.
Heat 4 tblsps oil and fry the onions to a light golden colour.
Add the spices and fry... - 37.6854
Ragi puttu is a very healthy variation of the puttu (steamed cake as non keralities call it). Ragi is a cereal, which offers immense health benefits over other known fast breakfast cereals available in the market. This puttu makes a good breakfast and snack... - 34.7044
1. Arrange cauliflower, sweet potato, bell pepper, onion, broccoli, and mushrooms in a 4 1/2-quart or larger slow cooker, in the order listed.
2. Whisk coconut milk, water, curry powder, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl, mixing well; pour over... - 35.5591
Avarakkai, also known as broad bean or hyacinth bean, is usually made as a poriyal. It is a common vegetable dish served along with rice. It is a rich source of iron and magnesium, which are crucial nutrients for the body. Iron helps increase the hemoglobin... - 0
This is a good rice dish, not only for kids but for adults too. Though the rice is bland, it is suitable for kids, you need to have a hot and spicy side dish to go with it. - 0
This dish goes well with puttu(steamed rice cake), chappathi(indian bread), appam(hoppers), dosa(south indian crêpe) and idli. - 41.3792
Kiri Bath is a rice preparation that hails from Sri Lanka. Cooked with long grained rice and coconut milk, the kiri bath is served with curries and sambols as acompaniments as a full meal. - 29.1154
Ven Pongal Making Made Easier
Ask any Tamilian what he would like to have for breakfast; Ven Pongal will be his answer. Indeed no true Tamilian can refuse a bowl of hot steaming pongal. This one-pot rice and lentil dish is a traditional breakfast meal. It’s hot, spicy, comforting and... - 115.647
Onam Special Kootucurry!
This is a very traditional dish from the heart of Malabar. It is part of the sadya or Feast along with avial and sambar and the rest. It has the goodness of yam, raw plantain and chickpeas. - 0
Purple Cabbage Poriyal
I hear that purple cabbage has lot more nutrition than the regular cabbage. It is rich in vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, and provides great antioxidant benefits to the body, such as preventing cancer and heart disease. So do try this and see. - 0
Chavli Chi Amti
Chavli Chi Amti a well-known Maharashtrian dish.All varieties of Amti is liked by Maharashrtians.I have made this dish with coconut. - 0
In a pressure cooker put washed toordal,onion(1),aloo,haldi,water and boil till 2 whistle comes and keep aside to become cool.
In a pan put oil,when it is hot add mustard seeds,allow to pop.
Then add chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
Now add methi... - 46.5202
Traditional Tamilian Dishes - Pongal
There are two varieties of pongal, namely, sakarai pongal (sweet pongal) and ven pongal (spicy pongal). This is the recipe for the spicy version. This is typically served for breakfast in south Indian homes. - 0
Aviyal is a popular south indian dish, made in both Tamil Nadu and Kerala. You can find this dish being served at Tamil weddings and during all special occasions. - 0
Acorn Squash Indonesian
1.Divide all the squash in two halves and remove all its seeds.
2.Wash the squash and keep it damp.
3.Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the squash.
4.In a bowl, mix chutney with coconut.
5.Preheat oven at 205 degreesC
4.In a slow cooker,... - 39.3764
Five Layer Cookie Triangles
Cookie triangles with sumptuous filling layer of powdered biscuit, nuts, raisins, condensed milk and chocolate chips! All in a pan, and baked in the solar cooker! Watch this video, with a note that there is no audio! Watch and see for yourself! - 49.9936
Cabbage Sabji In Milk
Shred cabbage coarsely.
Wash and drain it.
Add 1/2 cup water to cabbage and cook in pressure cooker or cook in a pan using 1 cup water.
Combine nuts, cumin seeds, coconut, chillies, coriander leaves, neem leaves and pepper and grind to a fine paste.
Add this... - 41.5306
The Healthy Avial
Avial is a very healthy dish that has the goodness of many vegetables and yogurt. It is a traditional Keralite dish. The vegetables being added is at the discretion of the one making it. - 0
Kathirikai Murungaikai Kootu
This is a nice vegetable dish, which you can eat with your rice. Vegetables provide you with the essential nutrients. Brinjal is low in calories but rich in fiber. It contains rich amounts of B vitamins and other minerals your body needs. So go ahead and try... - 0
Thuvaram Paruppu Saadham
This is a traditional recipe made in Tirunelveli/Tuticorin region of Southern Tamil Nadu. It is high in protein and makes for a good filling lunch. - 0
Masala Trotters Paya
1. Wash trotters using rice flour to rub in.
2. Boil washed trotters in a cooker for 20 to 25 minutes with 5 cups of water.
3. Grind red chil-chillies, coconut, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, coriander-cumin powder, cloves, cardamoms, turmeric powder, chilli... - 40.2952
Bisi Bele Bath
A southern salute to the republic of India with this traditional and authentic Bisi Bele Bath. The recipe is simple, delicious and combines various flavors together just like our Country. - 0
Curried Pork In Crockpot
As a working woman do you love the slow cooker recipes? Yes, they are so simple to make and yield a delicious dish. Here is a video that can help you make another slow cooked curried pork dish. You can just add all the ingredients in to the cooker and leave... - 118.486
Curried Jackfruit Seeds And Brinjals
Cook the jackfruit seeds in salted water in a pressure cooker till tender. Skin and mash them. Set aside.
Skin the large brinjal, cut into cubes and place in salted water. Drain. Apply turmeric and deep fry in hot oil. Drain and set aside.
Grind the masala... - 35.1319
Idiyappam is one of the favorite breakfast in Kerala. It is sometimes had as snack also. This is also healthy because it is steamed and light on the digestive system. - 0
Pachai Pattani Kurma
This is one flavorful kurma you can make as a side dish for chapati. Green peas are extremely rich in vitamin C and dietary fiber. They also contain vitamin A and vitamin B6 in good amounts. - 0
Indian Mutton Curry
A spicy and very very tasty,a very Maharashtrian Mutton curry preparation. You will find this cooking very often of weekends in non-veggie marathi houses. It tastes even better as it gets older. - 114.829
This recipe doesn't need a side dish. Just potato chips will be nice. This dish is really tasty. Try it. - 46.525
Chow Chow Kootu
Kootu is an easy way to add vegetables to your diet. Try making a kootu in addition to your regular poriyal, and these will take care of your daily vitamin requirement. - 0
Italian Creme Cake Oatmeal
Somewhere along the line I decided this week was Southern dessert oatmeal week. Maybe it’s just because I haven’t been feeling much like being at work this week. Even if it’s only in the 50s today, it looks too much like Spring to be inside. Sigh,... - 35.0095
Idli And Sambar
Idli is an amazing South Indian sort of dumpling. steamed rice cake. It is made by steaming batter — traditionally made from pulses (specifically black lentils) and rice — into patties, usually two to three inches in diameter, using a mold.
Most often... - 60.5201
Cottony Soft Idly
Idlys are probably one of the most simple and healthy recipes one can make. It is a very popular traditional South Indian breakfast dish that is usually served with sambar or chutney of choice. It is steamed and so very good for digestion as well, hence it is... - 0
Varuthu Aracha Sambar
You can guess the name of the dish just by looking at it. This varuthu aracha sambar is a popular sambar variety. It is also called idi sambar. It is a very flavorful dish that you can try, whenever you want a variation from the regular sambar. - 0
Chora ( Black Eyed Beans )
1. Soak the chowli beans for 2-4 hours or overnight.
2. Chop the onions finely and place them in a pressure cooker along with three-four tablespoons of ghee. Allow onions to cook till golden, and then add the ground coconut, all the masalas, sugar, tomatoes... - 28.0269
Seven Layer Bars
1) In a bread or cake pan, layer the ingredients neatly in the listed order. Ensure that you pick a pan which will fit your slow cooker easily. Do not stir the layers.
2) Cover the cooker and bake over high heat for 2 to 3 hours or till the mixture is... - 35.559
Surti Papdi Lilva Shaak - Spicy Wild Beans - Quick Healthy
1. In a pot or pressure cooker heat some olive oil. Add carom seeds or cumin seeds, a pinch of turmeric powder, shredded coconut and stir. Add ginger, garlic, green chilies, cashews, raisins, sesame seeds, ground peanuts. Stir well. Add a little of... - 0
Method: Open the cooker and put on the gas first. Add desi ghee. Put Jeera. Then add the onions, garlic and ginger.
When it turns reddish in color, add the tomato and leave it for 10 minutes on low flame.
Now beside this take 1/2 bowl of curd and put haldi,... - 44.1118
Bapaiji No Gos No Ras ( Grandma's Mutton Ras Or Gravy )
1. Clean and wash the meat. Apply salt, ginger-garlic paste and set aside.
2. Chop the onions finely and place in a pressure cooker with half cup oil. When the onion turns golden add the mutton chunks and stir the onions well. Lower the flame and add the cut... - 26.9249
Mascarpone Cheesecake With Blackberry Sauce
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs and melted butter until well mixed. Press into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the side of an 8-inch springform pan.
2. In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, mascarpone, granulated sugar, eggs, and... - 37.0916
Misal Pav Or Matki Usal - Spicy Curry With Buns
1. In a pressure cooker over medium heat, add oil and heat it. Add in the turmeric powder, onions, garlic paste, ginger paste and stir fry until the onions are cooked.
2. Add in the coconut, tomato, salt and cook covered for 7-8 minutes or until the... - 122.957
Crush the vermicelli into a bowl.
In a heavy based pan melt the butter throwing in the vermicelli at the same time.
Stir continuously on a low heat until all the butter has melted and taking care not to burn the vermicelli.
To this add the nuts and desiccated... - 34.7778
Parippu Palak (spinach And Dal Curry)
Spinach and dal curry is a traditional Indian dish. The addition of coconut is a twist to this curry which would give it a South Indian Flavor. - 0
Hawaiian Pork Chops
1) Place the pork chops in a slow cooker.
2) In a small bowl, add the mustard, vinegar, hoisin sauce, salt and pepper, mix well.
3) Reserve the pineapple chunks and add the juice into the mustard mixture.
4) Pour the sauce over the chops in the... - 41.2667
Cheru Payar Curry (green Moong Curry)
Green Moong is very healthy addition to any diet. It is rich in proteins and fiber. This dish can be a good accompaniment for rotis as well. It is so easy to make that it hardly requires any skills. - 0
Mix together all the ingredients to a batter.
Grease the cups of idli stand.
Put 1 large cup of water in the pressure cooker.
Fill the cups of idli stand with batter and place the stand in the cooker.
Close the lid, do not use the regulator for making the... - 37.3166
Soya Beans Curry
1. In a pressure cooker heat oil on medium heat and add mustard seeds, carom seeds and turmeric powder and let the mustard seeds splutter.
2. Then add tomatoes, garlic paste , ginger paste, green chili paste, water as needed, red chili powder, garam... - 104.853
Beef Ularthiyathu - Stir Fried Beef
Kerala cuisine is well known for its use of an array of spices used to prepare mainly meat. The word Ularthiyathu / Ularthu / Olathu means ‘Dry Preparation'. This recipe is a spicy dry preparation of beef that is strongly flavored with spices. - 0
Undhiyu Or Undhiu - Mix Vegetable Subji
To all those who like eating Gujarati food should surely check this out. The chef explains how to make the mixed vegetable curry in Gujarati style. It is called Undhiyu and is a regional specialty in Gujarat. It' s so delicious that you must try it once. You... - 103.093
Vaghareli Khichri Or Khichdi - Vegetable Rice - Gujarati Cuisine
All those who enjoy eating Indian rice will relish this dish. In India we call it khichdi. It's a very simple dish but very tasty. It is very light to eat. You can serve the rice with papad, pickle or raita. Don't forget to watch the video for this amazing... - 99.5674
Prawn And Banana Curry
1. Heat a deep pan with oil.
2. Put in the onions, chilies, garlic and ginger. Sauté till the onions are caramelized.
3. Add in the tomatoes and sauté till it becomes tender.
4. Add in the banana and sauté for a minute.
5. Pour in the coconut... - 87.7336