- » Continental Vegetarian Main Dish
Continental Vegetarian Main Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of continental vegetarian main dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for continental vegetarian main dish recipes.
Fluffy White Rice
Cooking fluffy and tender plain rice is a challenge to many of you. But, now you are going to solve this challenge within seconds, once you watch this recipe video. Follow the exact method mentioned by the chef and you can be rest assured - that your rice is... - 103.202
Once A Week Pasta With Sauce
Pasta is a favorite family comfort food—it’s quick and easy to cook and always tastes good. But with all those carbs can it be healthy too? You bet! Say “yes” to pasta once again, and enjoy this quick and healthy recipe. All can be prepared in 30... - 82.5627
Vegetable Rice Mix
In 2-qt casserole combine mushrooms, carrot, green pepper, celery, onion, garlic and butter; cover.
Microwave at High 4 to 5 1/2 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring after half the cooking time.
Stir in rice, salt and pepper.
Spoon into two... - 50.4765
Nut 'n Seed Roast
1. If using conventional oven then set the gas mark 5, 375°F (190°C) and heat it.
2. In a saucepan, heat oil, and fry the celery and onion for 5 minutes until soft.
3. Take a separate bowl, combine all ingredients and add sauteed... - 48.9325
Sweet Corn Loaf
1. Set the oven to gas mark 6, 400°F (200°C) and heat it.
2. Take a bowl, add all ingredients and blend them until the mixture moistens.
3. Season as per the taste preferences.
4. Spoon it over a lightly greased ovenproof dish and bake... - 48.7704
Curried Nut Roast
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F
2) Into a frying pan, sautÃ© the onions with some pepper in oil
3) Mix the nuts and breadcrumbs together into a large bowl, adding the garlic, herbs and curry powder
4) Stir in the onion, pepper and... - 48.5001
Hazelnut And Vegetable Burgers
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F
2) Mix the carrots, celery stalks, onion, cabbage cayenne powder, mace, nuts, mixed herbs and wheat germ
3) Into another bowl, add the egg, tomato puree and yoghurt
4) Whisk the mixture into the vegetable mixture... - 47.8377
1) Sieve the flour into a bowl and add salt
2) Rub in the margarine
3) Add the water and milk slowly to mix and make a soft dough
4) Roll the dough to a circle about 1 inch thick and place onto a baking sheet
5) Using the hands spread out the... - 47.5299
Brown Rice With Vegetables And Cheese Sauce
1) Into a thick based saucepan, melt the butter and oil together and then add the onions, carrots, and celery
2) SautÃ© the for about 5 minutes till they are well coated with the oil.
3) Season with salt and add boiling water.
4) Then add in the... - 46.8733
Wild Rice And Apple Cider Pilaf
1) In a large nonreactive saucepan, pour in cider and 1 1/2 cups of water.
2) Place over high heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
3) Lower the heat to moderately low and add the wild rice.
4) Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, covered, until the rice is... - 46.7195
Parsnip And Hazel Burgers
1. Take a pan; add grated parsnips and some boiling water and cook for about 4 minutes until the parsnips turn soft.
2. Drain them and keep aside.
3. Take a separate pan, heat some oil, and add onions. Saute them for 3 minutes, stir in cumin seeds and... - 46.4857
Creamy Almond Vegetables
1. Clean and prepare the vegetables and microwave or steam them for about 10 minutes until they become just soft.
2. Prepare sauce - Combine the ground almonds with parsley, stock and horseradish.
3. Take a small pan, add the sauce into it with bay... - 46.347
Black Eyed Bean Casserole
1. Rinse the beans and soak them in water.
2. Add the soaked beans (along with water) to a cooker and pressure cook it for 15 minutes. Or
3. Add the soaked beans (along with water) to a pan and cook it for 45 minutes. Allow the beans to cool, drain... - 46.3156
Microwave Herbed Spinach Bake
1) Using a colander, drain the defrosted spinach well.
2) Now using a glass bowl, mix all the other ingredients.
3) Cook on MEDIUM(5) ,stirring occasionally, for upto 15 minutes.
4) Allow to set till firm.
5) Serve... - 46.2925
Crunchy Cashew Casserole
1. Set the oven to gas mark 5, 375°F (190°C) and heat it.
2. Take a saucepan, heat the oil and fry the onion for about 3 minutes, stir in cashew pieces and toast them lightly.
3. Stir in vegetables and saute for 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle... - 46.2797
Provencale Vegetable Stew Ratatouille
1) Cut the aubergines into 1 inch round slices and then again cut into half
2) Slice the courgettes into 1 inch slices too
3) Put them both into a colander, and sprinkle some salt and put a weight (plate) to ores them down
4) Let it rest till all the... - 46.1349
Cheese And Rice Bake
1) Preheat oven hot 350°
2) In a bowl mix all ingredients except Parmesan.
3) Spray a 1 1/2-quart casserole with vegetable coating transfer mixture into it.
4) Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over rice.
5) Bake for 20 minutes.
6)... - 46.0653
Non Meat Loaf
1) Into a large pot, bring the stock to a boil
2) Tip in the split peas and simmer for 5 minutes
3) Add the lentil s and herbs and simmer with the lid on for 25-30 minutes
4) Take care to ensure that the liquid has evaporated and the peas and lentils... - 46.0444
Moroccan Vegetable Stew
1. In a colander, place the aubergine and sprinkle each layer with salt and cover with a weighted plate.
2. Leave to stand for 1 5 minutes, then rinse and drain thoroughly.
3. Heat grill and place the peppers turning frequently, until the skin is... - 45.8679
Creamy Pasta And Beans Primavera
1) Into a saucepan, boil some salted water
2) Tip in the pasta and cook for about 12minutes till tender
3) Drain and run the pasta under cold water and drain again
4) Into another saucepan of boiling salted water, add the carrots and peas
5) Cook for 2... - 44.6892
1. Heat a non-stick pan, spray with the low-fat cooking spray and stir-fry the onions for about 8 minutes until soft and brown.
2. Reducing the heat add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and heat gently until the mushrooms start to release their... - 44.3624
Lima Bean And Franks
Rinse beans; add to 1 1/2 quarts boiling water.
Cover; simmer till tender, about 1 1/2 hours, adding salt after 1 hour.
Place beans in 11 1/2x7 1/2x1 1/2-inch baking dish.
Combine next 7 ingredients; pour over beans.
Cover with foil; refrigerate... - 44.2561
1) Preheat oven to 350 F
1) Into a heat proof casserole, heat some oil and sautÃ© the onion till soft
2) Add in the flour, paprika and cayenne pepper and stir well
3) SautÃ© for a minute , then add caned tomatoes
4) Bring the sauce... - 44.1482
1) In a bowl of boiling water, plunge the tomatoes for 1 minute. Drain water and remove the skin. Cut the tomatoes in quarters and deseed.
2) Use a large saucepan to heat oil.
3) Add onion and pepper to sauté gently for 5 minutes until... - 42.9463
Saffron Mixed Grains
1. In a large sized sauce pan, heat oil.
2. Add onions and sautÃ© on a medium flame till onions turn translucent.
3. Add mixed grains, saffron, salt and water. Mix well and bring to boil.
4. Once boiled, reduce flame and cover and cook for 35 minutes... - 42.8336
Chick Pea Stew
1.Take a 1 quart microwavable casserole and add in onions, oil, garlic, pepper, oregano, bay leaf and microwave covered for 3 minutes on high 100%. Stir half way through the cooking. Let onions become translucent and keep aside.
2.In the blender bowl,... - 42.8011
Baby Bok Choi And Mushrooms With Carrot Noodles
1) Wash bok choi and trim base.
2) Cut off and discard about 1" of the top of the bok choi.
3) Slice lengthwise into quarters.
4) Blanch bok choi for 1 minute in boiling salted water.
5) Refresh and drain thoroughly.
6) Scrape carrots.
7) Using... - 42.3395
Brussels Sprouts Pierre
1) Under running water wash the sprouts thoroughly
2) Cut of the stems and cut off the bottom ends of each sprout
3) Place them into a pot of salted boiling water
4) Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes till they turn soft
5) Into as... - 41.9454
1) Into a saucepan, put the milk, semolina and ½ pint of water, with nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil
2) Allow the mixture to boil for 4 minutes, and stir it continuously
3) The mixture will start to thicken, to a point where the... - 41.1051
Chili Bean And Mushroom Casserole
1. Take a skillet, heat some oil and fry the onion for about 3 minutes. Stir in vegetables, garlic, and spices and cook for about 2 minutes.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients and pressure cook for 15 minutes.
3. Depressurize the mixture and add... - 41.1037
Baked Soy Beans Au Gratin
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. In a bowl, mix milk powder with milk and stir into beans.
3. Mix adding the next 4 ingredients and turn into a casserole dish.
4. Top with cheese and bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes until... - 40.2888
Broccoli With Lemon Butter And Almonds
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6, 400°F (200°C).
2. Roast the chopped almonds in oven for about 7-10 minutes or microwave it for about 2 minutes.
3. Microwave broccoli in covered dish with little water for 7-8 minutes or steam them... - 39.773
1) In a nonstick skillet melt margarine.
2) Add vegetables and salt.
3) Cover and cook vegetables for 10 to 15 minutes stirring occasionally till they are crisp-tender.
4) Add pepper and seasoning.
5) Serve hot. - 38.8378
Rinse the cooked noodles in cold water so they won't stick together. Set them aside.
Saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil until they are soft and transparent, but not browned. Stir in the tomato, oregano, basil, parsley, and salt. Cook the sauce... - 38.5417
Cut off tops of tomatoes and scoop out the insides.
Place tomatoes in another baking dish and sprinkle with salt.
Mix together butter, green pepper and onion in a bowl.
Cook 2 minutes.
Stir in corn.
Stuff each tomato with a sixth of the mixture, sprinkle with... - 38.2383
Roasted Winter Veg With Chevre And Sesame Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Peel the squash, remove the seeds and cut the flesh into 3cm chunks. Peel and cut the celeriac into equal-sized chunks. Put the squash, celeriac, onions and parsnips into a bowl, pour over the oil, then season well. Tip... - 37.6989
1. Preheat covered barbecue to a medium heat. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add sweet potato, pumpkin and potatoes and cook for 10 minutes, drain well.
2. Place sweet potato, pumpkin, potatoes, onions, carrots, parsnips and beetroot on a lightly... - 36.3999
Zucchini With Walnuts
1) Into a pan, melt the butter
2) Saute the walnuts in the butter till lightly browned
3) Remove the walnuts from the pan and keep aside
4) Melt another 2 tablespoons of butter and saute the zucchini frying for about 5 minutes till soft
5) Add in the... - 36.3759
Cheesy Autumn Mushrooms
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Arrange the mushrooms on a baking tray. Scatter over the cheese, walnuts, thyme sprigs and butter. You can do up to this stage a day in advance.
2. Pop in the oven and cook for 10 mins until the cheese is melted and the... - 29.8966
Vegetarian Fish Or Mock Fish
1. Prepare the mixture as directed on the packet.
2. Oil lightly a square cake tin. Pour in the mixture and steam.
3. Cut the steamed rice cake into rectangles. Should resemble fish fillets.
4. Sprinkle milk lightly over the cut rectangles. Coat well with... - 27.7261
1. In 12- by 8-inch microwave-safe baking dish, stir together onions, garlic and gravy. Cover with vented plastic wrap; microwave on high 5 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring once during cooking.
2. Stir in potatoes and pepper; sprinkle with... - 26.0436
Broccoli And Cauliflower Medley
1. In 2-quart microwave-safe casserole, combine broccoli and cauliflower. Cover with lid; microwave on high 8 minutes or until vegetables are thawed, stirring once during cooking. Drain. Cut broccoli into bite-size pieces.
2. In small bowl, stir soup until... - 24.587