- » Continental Side Dish
Continental Side Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of continental side dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for continental side dish recipes.
Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
Why keep boiling the eggs for almost half an hour? It is just a waste of time, energy and fuel. Here is an easy way out to save on, both time and fuel and to get perfect hard boiled eggs. - 117.377
Applesauce With Cinnamon Flavor
Keep the kids entertained - invite them into the kitchen to make these delicious and nutritious apple sauce with cinnamon. This sauce is given a whole new flavour intensity with the right amount of cinnamon. . Its completely fat-free and makes a delicious... - 115.983
A good gravy is the basis of all excellent sunday roasts and in my opinion is the only correct accompaniment for Yorkshire Puddings. You can easily make it using the meat juices from roasted beef or chicken or other meats. Packet and instant gravies can't... - 108.612
Healthy And Hearty Beef Vegetable Barley Soup
How about a bowl of warm soup in a cold, wintery afternoon? This beef, vegetable and barley soup is delicious, healthy and quite filling. You can even serve this as a main dish with bread, if you are not in a mood of cooking. Check out the easy steps from the... - 107.753
Healthy Cauliflower Mash
If you are a cauliflower lover you will love this dish and if you are not, you will still love this dish! Pureed or mashed cauliflower is a great substitute for mashed potatoes. Low in carbs and high in nutrients, the "cauli-taste" is very mild. Garlic, leeks... - 101.23
Bacon Salad With Solar Cooked Eggs
1. Assemble a stoneware bowl in a larger glass bowl and a glass lid. Place it on a reflector as in a car shade.
2. Place 4 eggs in the stoneware bowl. Cover with lid and place it in the sun and let it cook for 2 hours. The outside... - 92.4047
Crushed Garlic Potatoes
1. Peel and crush the garlic and chop the parsley.
2. Scrub the skins are left on the potatoes really well, removing any dirt.
3. Carefully place the potatoes into a saucepan of boiling lightly salted water.
4. Turn down the heat and simmer until... - 77.821
Cream Crowned Veal Continental
Trying your best to impress your friends and family with your culinary skills? Now give this Cream-Crowned Veal Continental recipe a try and see how easy it's to keep them impressed always. This recipe for Cream-Crowned Veal Continental is simple and leaves... - 55.0224
Skim Milk White Sauce
2.Add onion, peppercorn, bay leaf and blade mace to it.
3.Let the milk boil.
4.Once done,, turn off the flame and let it stay at room temperature for 10 minutes with the lid on.
5.Strain into a bowl or jug.
6.Heat oil and add flour to... - 51.2454
Apple Cabbage Slaw
1) In a small saucepan, combine together the sugar, flour, mustard and celery seeds. Stir in the milk very gradually.
2) Cook the ingredients over moderate heat, constantly stirring, till the mixture has thickened.
3) Take the mixture off the heat and... - 50.2175
Garden Salad Pizza
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Coat a baking sheet with no-stick spray.
Sprinkle with the cornmeal.
Warm the oil in a large no-stick skillet over medium heat.
Add the onions and cook for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Let cool for 5 minutes.
Roll the pizza... - 49.9187
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.Mix together fructose, corn oil and egg . Keep aside.
3.In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, potassium bicarbonate, mace and ginger.
4.Blend the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients... - 49.6832
Picnic Potato Salad
1. Cut beans in small sizes.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together mustard, salt, pepper, french dressing and mayonnaise.
3. Cook potatoes ( unpeeled) till they are tender.
4. Cool and peel the potatoes when cooked.
5. cube all the... - 49.4379
Zucchini Bread Using Molasses
1. Take a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and blend them well by running a hand mixer. Run the mixer at low speed until the mixture moistens and then beat at medium speed for about a minute.
2. Take a 9X5 loaf dish and line it with a wax paper, spoon... - 49.4273
Provencale Chickpea Slather
1) In a non-stick skillet, warm 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-low heat.
2) Add the fennel, onion, garlic, and anise seeds.
3) Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are very tender.
4) To this, add the... - 49.4054
Reef Troppo Salad
1) Mix together the lime juice, honey in a bowl
2) Using a whisk, blend in oil and salt
3) Using a sharp knife, peel and dressed the papaya and mango
4) Slice the mango and papaya into small cubes
5) Onto a serving platter, arrange the alfalfa sprouts... - 49.3514
Chicken Bathed In Walnut Sauce
1) In a large stockpot, place the dark meat of the chicken, onion, celery, carrots, parsnips, garlic, tomato, parsley, dill, chicken broth, and water, to prepare the broth.
2) Bring slowly to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 15... - 49.3051
Continental Salmon Loaf
1) Wash the salmon with cold water and pat dry.
2) In a 1-quart casserole, arrange the salmon and cover it with heavy-duty plastic wrap. Vent the plastic.
3) Microwave the salmon on HIGH for 4 minutes, till the fish easily flakes when tested with a... - 48.9891
Vinaigrette Potato Salad
1) In a pot, bring salted water to boil and cook potatoes, covered, about 20 minutes or till tender.
2) Pour off the water, peel and allow to cool.
3) Cut the potatoes in quarters.
4) In a bowl, mix together green pepper, carrots and red... - 48.7561
Marinated Mushroom And Walnut Vegan Salad
1. Add all ingredients into a screw-top jar and shake it well.
2. Season to taste.
3. Make spring onions and mushrooms and add it to the marinade.
4. Microwave for 2 minutes by placing it in a covered dish and leave for 10 1-5 minutes.
5. Add... - 48.6825
Low Fat Potato And Cucumber Salad
1) Rinse and scrub Kirby cucumber or peel regular cucumber.
2) Cut the cucumber into small cubes.
3) In a medium pot, place the potatoes and cover with water.
4) Put the lid on and heat to boil for 18 minutes or until potatoes are... - 48.5988
Country Corn Chowder
1) In a saucepan, add water and bring it to a boil.
2) Add potatoes, onion, garlic and celery and wait till the water starts to boil.
3) At this time add bouillon and seasonings.
4) Reduce heat to medium and cover the saucepan with a lid. Allow the... - 48.5884
All Saints' Broth
1.In a saucepan, put the chestnuts along with their soaking water.
2.Let the water boil.
3.Once done, put the lid on and simmer for 40- 50 minutes until soft.
4.Allow the ingredients to cool; blend.
5.In a large saucepan, heat oil and... - 48.5695
Meat Filled Tomatoes
1) Cut a thin slice from the stem end of each tomato.
2) Carefully scoop out the pulp and juice from tomatoes. (Save the pulp and juice aside for stewed tomatoes or tomato sauce).
3) Sprinkle salt into the inner side of each tomato.
4) Keep the... - 48.4886
Shades O' Green Salad
1. Place the spinach in a colander and wash thoroughly to remove grit.
2. Drain and pat dry on paper towels and keep aside.
3. Separate the lettuce leaves from the head and wash well.
4. Plunge them in a bowl of ice cold water and keep for 20... - 48.3875
Whole Grain Bread
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Add yeast to sugar water and add to warm water when dissolved.
3) Mix in molasses, honey, soy flour, bran, ground seeds, and oats.
4) Add in oil and salt.
5) Add flours in order listed till dough is... - 48.3206
Mushroom Filled Tomatoes
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Grease a baking tray with oil or butter.
3. Wash and dry the tomatoes.
4. Slice off the tops of the tomatoes
5. Using a dessert spoon, scoop out the pulp and discard or reserve for making soup.
6. Lightly season the... - 48.3165
Golden Potato Bake
1. Preheat the oven at 450Â° F.
2. Take a small saucepan, combine in it half-and-half and sour cream, and cook the mix against medium intensity of heat until the entire mix is heated. Take care so that the preparation should not be... - 48.2616
Creamy Cabbage With Peas
1. In a saucepan boil salted water and cook peas in it until tender.
2. Drain out from water and transfer back to the pan.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cover the pan and keep warm.
5. In a 10-inch frying... - 48.234
Beet And Avocado Salad With Tarragon Vinaigrette
1) In a medium saucepan, place the beets and pour in enough water to cover by 1 inch.
2) In a small bowl, add garlic, mustard, tarragon, vinegar, salt and pepper to combine. Gradually pour in olive oil and whisk well. Place aside.
3) ... - 48.1754
Spicy Brussels Sprouts
1) Place a large, heavy, nonreactive skillet, over moderately high heat.
2) Add oil and heat up for about 30 seconds.
3) Saute the almonds and add the mustard, cumin and fennel seeds.
4) Cook, by stirring, until the nuts and spices are fragrant and... - 48.0965
Buttery Vegetable Melange In Foil
1. Preheat barbecue or gas grill on high for 10 minutes.
2. Take two heavy duty foil sheets of 24-inch long and fold crosswise into half.
3. In a large mixing bowl, put together corn, potato, pepper, onions, carrots, and garlic; mix well.
4. In... - 48.0735
Apricot Nut Bread
1) Lightly coat a 7-cup bread mold with butter
2) In a bowl, place water and soak the apricots in it.
3) In another bowl beat together egg, oil, sugar, orange juice, and salt, until light and fluffy.
... - 48.0389
Baby Carrot And Turnip Salad
1) In a small bowl, add mustard, vinegar and oil to combine. Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste. Place aside.
2) In a large skillet or flameproof casserole, place the turnips and carrots.
3) Season the vegetable with salt... - 48.025
Glazed Carrots And Parsnips
1) In a saucepan, melt half the butter and sautÃ© carrots and parsnips for 2 minutes, turning frequently.
2) Stir in the ginger, nutmeg and season to taste.
3) Blend in the lemon juice and adequate water to cover the vegetables.
4) Put the lid... - 48.0231
1) In a measuring cup, sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Place the cup in warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Pour in oil and honey.
4) In a food processor, use the METAL BLADE or PLASTIC DOUGH BLADE.
5) In the... - 48.0112
1. Wash, peel and cube potatoes.
2. Take a large saucepan, and add lots of water and boil it. Add the potatoes, cover and cook at low heat for about 15-20 minutes until soft. Drain the potatoes and add them into separate bowl.
3. Take... - 47.957
Toasted Cashew Stir Fry With Noodles
1. Combine seeds and nuts in a bowl, and microwave them for 4 minutes until they get toasted. Alternatively they can be toasted in conventional oven at gas mark 6,400°F (200°C) for about 5-7 minutes. Check the seeds and nuts at set intervals to... - 47.9046
Baked Beet And Endive Salad
1) Preheat the oven to 425°.
2) Use a large roasting pan to line with foil.
3) Arrange the beets in the pan in a single layer. Cover the pan with foil.
4) In a small bowl, add mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper to combine. Gradually pour in... - 47.8793
1) Scrub potatoes and pierce with fork
2) Preheat oven at 400°
3) Arrange potatoes in baking tray and bake for about 1 hour till soft.
4) Take off from oven and slice into halve lengthwise.
5) In a bowl mix salt, egg whites, and cream... - 47.8574
Tomatoes On Basil Chiffonade
1) With a sharp knife, chop 1 cup of the basil.
2) In a medium bowl, add the tomatoes, garlic, capers, olive oil, pepper and chopped basil to combine.
3) Toss all together to coat the tomatoes with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and... - 47.8327
Riviera Onion Salad
Peel and thinly slice the onions.
Remove the cores, pith and seeds from the peppers and cut into thin strips.
Blanch the onion slices and pepper strips in boiling water for 3 minutes.
Drain well and leave to cool.
Peel and slice the tomatoes.
Hard-cook the... - 47.7743
Loosely roll each fillet and secure with a pick.
In a pan bring clam juice to a boil; set in sole, cover, and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until opaque white.
Remove fish and drain.
Boil clam juice, uncovered, until reduced to 1/2 cup; pour into cup and set... - 47.622
Caprice Tomato Salad
Peel and slice the tomatoes.
Separate the lettuce into leaves and wash under cold running water.
Shake to remove excess water, then pat dry with a dish towel.
Trim and chop the celery.
Drain and flake the tuna.
Put the tomatoes, lettuce, celery, tuna and... - 47.6162
Apricot And Tomato Relish
1. In a saucepan cook apricots in 300 ml (1/2 pint) water.
2. Cook until done.
3. Drain out the apricots and reserve the juice.
4. In a roasting pan, dry roast the seeds.
5. Cool and crush.
6. Add remaining ingredients and 60 ml (4 tbsp) of juice.
7.... - 47.6012
Sweet Potato Pie
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) Lightly grease a pie plate and set aside.
3) In a bowl, sift together flour, custard powder and icing sugar.
4) With your fingertips, rub in butter until mixture resembles fine grainy texture.
5) Using... - 47.5075
Sweet Bread Loaf
1. In a large bowl, tip in the warm milk and the yeast
2. Disperse the yeast in the milk.
3. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoonfuls flour and leave for 12 minutes until the mixture is foamy.
4. Grease a baking tray and set aside for the baking... - 47.494
Classic Meat Loaf
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) In a large mixing bowl, add beef, onion, salt, pepper, rosemary and eggs to combine well.
3) Trim off the bread crusts and dip into milk or stock. Combine the bread into the liquid.
4) Add the bread mixture, into... - 47.4061
Cauliflower In Piquant Sauce
1) In a microwavable container, put the cauliflower florets with water.
2) Dredge with salt, put the lid and cook for 8 minutes, stirring once while cooking, set aside.
3) In a microwavable bowl, place the butter.
4) Melt the butter in microwave for 30... - 47.3872
Snow Peas And Baby Corn Salad
1) In boiling salted water, blanch snow peas for 1 minute and seperately boil baby corn for 1-2 minutes.
2) Refresh and drain both thoroughly.
3) Dry snow peas and baby corns with a kitchen towel.
4) In a salad bowl, mix snow peas and... - 47.3626
1)Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2)Take a pot,add water and boil the potatoes.
3)Once done,peel the skins andput them through a sieve to rice them.
4)Take a saute pan,add olive oil and cook leeks on low flame till soft.
5)Mix the... - 47.3606
Spinach Salad With Golden Door Dressing
1) Press the garlic through a garlic press or mince with a knife
2) Mix together the vinegar, oil, mustard, salt, pepper and the garlic
3) Shake well to mix well
4) Using a sharp knife, deseed the pepper and cut into julienned strips
5) Using a knife,... - 47.3598
Rosemary Bread Sticks
1. Mix the flours together.
2. In a large basin combine first 6 ingredients and stir well.
3. Add flours, 1/2 cup at a time and bind to make a soft dough.
4. Turn dough out onto a flour dusted surface and knead until soft and pliable, adding... - 47.352
Round Light Rye Sandwich Bread
1) Place the slow cooker over high heat.
2) Lightly coat a 5-cup bread mold with butter.
3) In a large bowl, soak the yeast in warm water.
4) Stir in the molasses, oil, seeds, and all-purpose flour.
5) Mix well until smooth.
6) Put the... - 47.3415
Curly Endive With Chili Cumin Dressing
1) Wash the curly endive and soak the excess water with paper towels.
2) In a large bowl, place the curly endive.
3) In another small bowl, whisk oil and vinegar, together.
4) Press the garlic into the mixture.
5) Add remaining seasoning... - 47.3059
1.Heat oil in a pan and stir in mushrooms and onion to it.
2.Fry the vegetables on low flame for 5 minutes.
3.Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes.
4.Add stock and allow the mixture to boil.
5.Stir in bay leaf, thyme, mustard powder, to it and simmer... - 47.2708
Cheddar Cauliflower Quiche
In a bowl, combine flour and salt.
Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in milk until mixture forms a ball.
Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
On a floured surface, roll out to fit a 9-in pie plate.
Place... - 47.2563
Parmesan Potato Croquettes
1) Using a fork, prick the potatoes several times
2) Place them onto baking sheet
3) Bake at 400 F for an hour
4) Using a knife, cut across lengthwise and scoop out the flesh
5) Put the potato flesh through a rice mill into a large bowl
6) Into 6... - 47.2494
1. Pare the cucumbers and quarter them.
2. Scoop out the seeds and cut each cucumber quarter into 3-4 sticks.
3. Take a frying pan and heat some oil in it. Stir in onion and fry until it gets lightly browned.
4. Stir in tomato paste... - 47.2287
Garlic And Herb Focaccia Buns
1) In a bowl, take the yeast,water and vinegar.Mix well.This is for the Sourdough starter.
2) Add the flour gently and cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep aside for 1 hour at room temperature. Its ready when its foamy.
3) Pick a large bowl, add... - 47.1782
Beans With Egg Sauce
1) If fresh beans are being used wash, them and trim to remove the strings.
2) Break them or cut into short lengths.
3) In boiling salted water, cook them 10-15 minutes or until tender.
4) Drain the beans, saving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
5)... - 47.1568
Microwave Swiss Chard And Mushrooms
1. Wash chard and shake off moisture.
2. In a chopping board, cut it into 1 inch strips.
3. In a 3-quart casserole, place the chard and ¼ cup of water. Cover.
4. Microwave on High for 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 minutes. Remember to stir it halfway through... - 47.1479
Microwave Cooked Tomato Sauce
1) Prepare the ingredients.
2) In 1-qt measure or casserole combine onion, green pepper and butter.
3) Microwave at High 1 to 2 minutes, or until tender.
4) Stir in tomato paste, sugar and seasonings until smooth.
5) Blend in tomato... - 47.1248
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Parboil the squash (zucchini take about 3 minutes; yellow crooknecks or small white pattypans, 5 minutes; and white scallops, 15 to 20, depending on size.)
3) Halve the zucchini, crooknecks and... - 47.0897
1. In a large cast-iron enameled pot, tip in the olive oil, wine and vinegar
2. Add the vegetables and other ingredients
3. Cook for ¾ of an hour tightly covered and on extremely low heat
4. Remove from heat
5. Cover with a cloth
6.... - 47.0041
Potato Yeast Bread
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2) Lightly grease a loaf pan.
3) In a cup, soak yeast and 1 teaspoon of sugar in warm water.
4) Stir and allow to stand until mixture is very frothy.
5) In a mixing bowl, mix together yeast mixture, 3... - 47
Queen's Cheese Souffle
1. Preheat the oven at (350°).
2. In a medium-size saucepan melt butter or margarine, stir in flour and salt and cook, stirring constantly, just until bubbly.
3. Stir in milk and liquid red pepper seasoning and continue cooking and... - 46.9951
Heat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Wash mushrooms and wipe dry.
Remove stalks and chop finely.
Pluck spinach leaves, wash thoroughly and drain.
Place spinach in a non-stick pan over low heat and cook for 5-7 minutes without water till tender.
Drain,... - 46.9591
Fish And French Bean Salad
Clean fish, wash and drain thoroughly.
Sprinkle 1/2 tsp salt and pepper over fish and set aside for about 10 minutes.
Heat a grill till medium-hot.
Place fish on rack and grill for about 3 minutes on each side.
Cool and cut into 1/2" cubes.
Trim French beans... - 46.9502
1) In a bowl, mix well together cucumber, onion, green pepper and garlic.
2) Dredge the salt and ice .
3) Allow to rest for 3 hour at room temperature.
4) Drain the cucumber mixture well.
5) In a saucepan, mix together vinegar,... - 46.9399
Curried Eggs With Shrimp Sauce
Cut eggs in half lengthwise and scoop out yolks.
Mash egg yolks with salt, Worcestershire, curry powder, paprika, mustard, and lemon juice; moisten with sour cream.
Fill egg halves with mashed, yolks and press together.
Place in a greased baking dish (8 or 9... - 46.9263
Cheesy Upside Down
1) Butter a round oven proof dish.
2) Place the potatoes and mixed vegetables in the dish.
3) Pour over the tin of tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
4) Sieve the flour into a bowl with a little salt, and rub in the butter.
5)... - 46.9232
Sweet Potato Souffle
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Using the teaspoon of oil, grease a medium-sized souffle dish and set it aside.
Put the potato in a bowl and add the cream, sugar, salt and butter.
Beat the mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth.
Grate the orange rind... - 46.8888
Turnip And Potato Puree
1) In a pan, melt butter and sautÃ© the turnips, potatoes and onion for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Add in the milk, nutmeg and season to taste.
3) Heat the vegetable mixture to a boil.
4) Put the lid and simmer for 10 minutes... - 46.8888
Potato Nests With Savory Shavings
1) Using a peeler, peel each potato lengthwise
2) Into a bowl of cold water, drop the shavings
3) Reserve the shavings of 1 whole potato for later
4) Using a knife, cut the 2 potatoes crosswise into halves
5) Using a mandolin, use the corrugated... - 46.8199
Baked Stuffed Tomatoes With Eggplant And Zucchini
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Cut the top quarter from the stem end of each tomato. Trim, chop and reserve the tops.
3) With a spoon, scoop out the insides and reserve for some other purpose.
4) Season the tomato shells with 1/4 teaspoon of... - 46.7828
1) In a bowl, mix together cucumber, onion, peppers and celery.
2) In another bowl, mix salt and water.
3) Spoon the salt mixture over vegetables and let it marinate overnight.
4) Pour the liquid and reserve.
5) In a saucepan, mix... - 46.7765
Hot Vinaigrette Tomatoes
1) In a shallow dish or casserole, combine all ingredients except tomatoes and green onion.
3) Add tomato slices, turn them to coat well in marinade.
4) Let stand at room temperature 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
5) Remove tomato slices from... - 46.7538
Turkey With Rosemary
1) Slice the turkey diagonally into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
2) Wash the mushrooms in cold water and drain. Discard the stem ends and slice.
3) In a skillet, add butter to melt over medium heat.
4) Add the turkey to saute in butter for... - 46.7493
1) In a large bowl, cover the soybeans and wheat berries in sufficient water and soak overnight.
2) In a heavy saucepan, transfer the soaked items and place over heat.
3) Bring the liquid to a boil.
4) Reduce heat and simmer 3 to 4 hours... - 46.7266
Fumee De Cepes
1. Preheat the oven to 200° C / 400° F / Gas Mark 6.
2. In a large ovenproof dish, tip in the tomatoes, mirepoix, garlic, herbs and dried cepes.
3. Place the dish in the preheated oven at 200° C / 400° F / Gas Mark and brown the vegetables... - 46.7175
Bean And Tomato Casserole
1) Pour of the water from the beans and rinse under running cold water.
2) In a saucepan, cook the beans in salted boiling water for 1 to 1 ½ hours until tender.
3) Strain the beans and leave aside.
4) In a saucepan, melt the butter in... - 46.7002
1) Preheat the oven at 350°F (180°C), Gas Mark 4.
2) Grease a baking tin and place aside.
3) In a large bowl, add the fat and flour to combine until the flour becomes like fine breadcrumbs.
4) Add the baking powder and salt.
5) Add... - 46.6631
Mushroom And Celery Salad
1. Wipe the mushrooms with a damp towel to remove any grit.
2. Cut bottom part of the stem or remove stems completely and reserve for soup.
3. Thinly slice the mushrooms.
4. In a glass bowl, combine the mushrooms and other vegetables.
5.... - 46.6499
To make the artichokes: Trim the stems and 1" from the top of each artichoke.
Rub all the cut edges of the artichokes with the lemon halves.
Using kitchen shears, trim the thorny tips of the leaves.
Place the artichokes in a saucepot with 1" of water and... - 46.6176
Vegetable Rice Salad With Parmesan Dressing
1) Wash the cucumber and slice them without peeling.
2) Dice the pepper coarsely.
3) wash the scallions and trim and slice them.
4) Grate the cheese coarsely.
5) Wash the rice under running water.
6) In a saucepan, place water and... - 46.6131
Creole Crab Slather
1) In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over low heat.
2) Add the shallots and garlic.
3) Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
4) Stir in the allspice, cardamom, and cayenne pepper.
5) To this, add the crabmeat, thyme, and parsley.
6)... - 46.595
Herbed Buttered Carrots
1) Wash carrots and diagonally cut into thin slices.
2) In saucepan, melt butter.
3) Add chicken stock, carrots, garlic, onion and parsley.
4) Season to taste with salt, pepper and rosemary.
5) Cover with a lid and simmer over low heat... - 46.5736
Cauliflower Au Gratin
1) Cut the cauliflower into quarters and remove the thick stalks.
2) Put the water into the cooker and add the trivet, rim side down.
3) Stand the cauliflower on the trivet and season lightly with salt.
4) Close the cooker, bring to high... - 46.5587
SautÃ©ed Marrow Squash
1) In a pan, heat the butter and oil, sautÃ© the marrow, onion and garlic for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Add in the oregano and season to taste.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 10 minutes or until the marrow is tender, stirring... - 46.5581
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) Clean and cut the steak in bite-size pieces.
3) In a flat plate, spread the flour and roll the steak in it.
4) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and brown the steak evenly on both sides.
5) In a large... - 46.5536
Asparagus Vinaigrette Bundles
1. Arrange the asparagus spears in a shallow microwave proof casserole or dish, in a single layer.
2. Cook in the microwave 9 to 10 minutes, just until tender-crisp.
3. Let cool.
4. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the... - 46.5018
Oat Wheat Bread
1) Into a large bowl, add the margarine, powdered milk, oatmeal, and the molasses reserving a small amount
2) Add in the 4 cups of boiling water and mix well till the margarine is completely melted
3) Tip in the yeast and remaining of the water to the... - 46.4772
Baked Stuffed Potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Scrub the potatoes and rub skins with oil.
3. Arrange in a baking tray and bake for 1 hour.
4. Let the potatoes cool until easy to handle.
5. Halve the potatoes and gently scoop out pulp, leaving shells... - 46.4725
Seasoned Combo Tray
1) Prepare all the vegetables by either cutting or chopping.
2) In a tray, arrange vegetables beginning with carrot slices, then broccoli and cauliflowerets arranged end on end.
3) Inside cauliflower-broccoli ring, overlap winter squash... - 46.4481
Warm Broccoli Salad With Toasted Pine Nuts
1) With a small sharp knife, separate the broccoli florets into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces. Discard the tough stems and peel the remaining stalks. Make 1/4-inch-thick slices along the width. Place aside.
2) in a small bowl, add lemon juice,... - 46.4463
Whole Wheat Macaroni And Cheese Salad
1) Cook macaroni in plenty of boiling water with 1 tablespoon of oil.
2) Drain and rinse with cold water.
3) Cook green beans and carrots according to preferred method.
4) Drain if necessary.
5) Combine macaroni, beans, carrots, and... - 46.4371
1) Grease an ovenproof plate.
2) To make the pastry, cream butter till soft.
3) In a bowl with butter, combine potatoes, flour, baking powder and salt and blend well together.
3) On a floured board, turn out the mixture and knead very... - 46.4325
Continental Side Dish Recipes By Category
Continental Side Dish Course: