- » Continental Side Dish
Continental Side Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of continental side dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for continental side dish recipes.
Healthy Cauliflower Mash
If you are a cauliflower lover you will love this dish and if you are not, you will still love this dish! Pureed or mashed cauliflower is a great substitute for mashed potatoes. Low in carbs and high in nutrients, the "cauli-taste" is very mild. Garlic, leeks... - 122.929
Applesauce With Cinnamon Flavor
Keep the kids entertained - invite them into the kitchen to make these delicious and nutritious apple sauce with cinnamon. This sauce is given a whole new flavour intensity with the right amount of cinnamon. . Its completely fat-free and makes a delicious... - 117.688
Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
Why keep boiling the eggs for almost half an hour? It is just a waste of time, energy and fuel. Here is an easy way out to save on, both time and fuel and to get perfect hard boiled eggs. - 116.963
A good gravy is the basis of all excellent sunday roasts and in my opinion is the only correct accompaniment for Yorkshire Puddings. You can easily make it using the meat juices from roasted beef or chicken or other meats. Packet and instant gravies can't... - 111.856
Healthy And Hearty Beef Vegetable Barley Soup
How about a bowl of warm soup in a cold, wintery afternoon? This beef, vegetable and barley soup is delicious, healthy and quite filling. You can even serve this as a main dish with bread, if you are not in a mood of cooking. Check out the easy steps from the... - 109.334
Bacon Salad With Solar Cooked Eggs
1. Assemble a stoneware bowl in a larger glass bowl and a glass lid. Place it on a reflector as in a car shade.
2. Place 4 eggs in the stoneware bowl. Cover with lid and place it in the sun and let it cook for 2 hours. The outside... - 95.6676
Crushed Garlic Potatoes
1. Peel and crush the garlic and chop the parsley.
2. Scrub the skins are left on the potatoes really well, removing any dirt.
3. Carefully place the potatoes into a saucepan of boiling lightly salted water.
4. Turn down the heat and simmer until... - 81.1538
For recipe directions, please refer to the video - 77.5368
Ready To Eat Wholegrain Rice
Are you one of those people who are strapped for time and prefer to use ready rice out of bags? Well this is one recipe that will change your life! Not only do you save time and money, you can eat healthy. You can cook wholegrain rice, pack and freeze them so... - 76.4834
Fresh Mint Sauce For Lamb
Why eat mint sauce from a jar when all you need is a few stalks of fresh garden mint, vinegar and sugar to make fresh mint sauce in less than 5 minutes. For your favorite lamb dishes, to serve at your next dinner party, here is a super easy and delicious... - 75.193
Cream Crowned Veal Continental
Trying your best to impress your friends and family with your culinary skills? Now give this Cream-Crowned Veal Continental recipe a try and see how easy it's to keep them impressed always. This recipe for Cream-Crowned Veal Continental is simple and leaves... - 53.2102
1) In a measuring cup, sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Place the cup in warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Pour in oil and honey.
4) In a food processor, use the METAL BLADE or PLASTIC DOUGH BLADE.
5) In the... - 50.1491
Reef Troppo Salad
1) Mix together the lime juice, honey in a bowl
2) Using a whisk, blend in oil and salt
3) Using a sharp knife, peel and dressed the papaya and mango
4) Slice the mango and papaya into small cubes
5) Onto a serving platter, arrange the alfalfa sprouts... - 49.4418
Spicy Brussels Sprouts
1) Place a large, heavy, nonreactive skillet, over moderately high heat.
2) Add oil and heat up for about 30 seconds.
3) SautÃ© the almonds and add the mustard, cumin and fennel seeds.
4) Cook, by stirring, until the nuts and spices are fragrant... - 49.3125
Beet And Avocado Salad With Tarragon Vinaigrette
1) In a medium saucepan, place the beets and pour in enough water to cover by 1 inch.
2) In a small bowl, add garlic, mustard, tarragon, vinegar, salt and pepper to combine. Gradually pour in olive oil and whisk well. Place aside.
3) ... - 49.3054
Garden Salad Pizza
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Coat a baking sheet with no-stick spray.
Sprinkle with the cornmeal.
Warm the oil in a large no-stick skillet over medium heat.
Add the onions and cook for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Let cool for 5 minutes.
Roll the pizza... - 49.2972
Skim Milk White Sauce
2.Add onion, peppercorn, bay leaf and blade mace to it.
3.Let the milk boil.
4.Once done,, turn off the flame and let it stay at room temperature for 10 minutes with the lid on.
5.Strain into a bowl or jug.
6.Heat oil and add flour to... - 49.245
Shades O' Green Salad
1. Place the spinach in a colander and wash thoroughly to remove grit.
2. Drain and pat dry on paper towels and keep aside.
3. Separate the lettuce leaves from the head and wash well.
4. Plunge them in a bowl of ice cold water and keep for 20... - 49.1713
Picnic Potato Salad
1. Cut beans in small sizes.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together mustard, salt, pepper, french dressing and mayonnaise.
3. Cook potatoes ( unpeeled) till they are tender.
4. Cool and peel the potatoes when cooked.
5. cube all the... - 49.0523
Zucchini Bread Using Molasses
1. Take a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and blend them well by running a hand mixer. Run the mixer at low speed until the mixture moistens and then beat at medium speed for about a minute.
2. Take a 9X5 loaf dish and line it with a wax paper, spoon... - 49.0523
Provencale Chickpea Slather
1) In a non-stick skillet, warm 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-low heat.
2) Add the fennel, onion, garlic, and anise seeds.
3) Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are very tender.
4) To this, add the... - 49.0393
Baked Stuffed Tomatoes With Eggplant And Zucchini
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Cut the top quarter from the stem end of each tomato. Trim, chop and reserve the tops.
3) With a spoon, scoop out the insides and reserve for some other purpose.
4) Season the tomato shells with 1/4 teaspoon of... - 48.8711
Baked Beet And Endive Salad
1) Preheat the oven to 425°.
2) Use a large roasting pan to line with foil.
3) Arrange the beets in the pan in a single layer. Cover the pan with foil.
4) In a small bowl, add mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper to combine. Gradually pour in... - 48.7793
Chicken Bathed In Walnut Sauce
1) In a large stockpot, place the dark meat of the chicken, onion, celery, carrots, parsnips, garlic, tomato, parsley, dill, chicken broth, and water, to prepare the broth.
2) Bring slowly to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 15... - 48.7792
Meat Filled Tomatoes
1) Cut a thin slice from the stem end of each tomato.
2) Carefully scoop out the pulp and juice from tomatoes. (Save the pulp and juice aside for stewed tomatoes or tomato sauce).
3) Sprinkle salt into the inner side of each tomato.
4) Keep the... - 48.7704
Baby Carrot And Turnip Salad
1) In a small bowl, add mustard, vinegar and oil to combine. Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste. Place aside.
2) In a large skillet or flameproof casserole, place the turnips and carrots.
3) Season the vegetable with salt... - 48.6314
Tomatoes On Basil Chiffonade
1) With a sharp knife, chop 1 cup of the basil.
2) In a medium bowl, add the tomatoes, garlic, capers, olive oil, pepper and chopped basil to combine.
3) Toss all together to coat the tomatoes with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and... - 48.5694
Country Corn Chowder
1) In a saucepan, add water and bring it to a boil.
2) Add potatoes, onion, garlic and celery and wait till the water starts to boil.
3) At this time add bouillon and seasonings.
4) Reduce heat to medium and cover the saucepan with a lid. Allow the... - 48.4647
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.Mix together fructose, corn oil and egg . Keep aside.
3.In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, potassium bicarbonate, mace and ginger.
4.Blend the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients... - 48.4593
Buttery Vegetable Melange In Foil
1. Preheat barbecue or gas grill on high for 10 minutes.
2. Take two heavy duty foil sheets of 24-inch long and fold crosswise into half.
3. In a large mixing bowl, put together corn, potato, pepper, onions, carrots, and garlic; mix well.
4. In... - 48.4248
1) Preheat the oven at 350°F (180°C), Gas Mark 4.
2) Grease a baking tin and place aside.
3) In a large bowl, add the fat and flour to combine until the flour becomes like fine breadcrumbs.
4) Add the baking powder and salt.
5) Add... - 48.3318
Riviera Onion Salad
Peel and thinly slice the onions.
Remove the cores, pith and seeds from the peppers and cut into thin strips.
Blanch the onion slices and pepper strips in boiling water for 3 minutes.
Drain well and leave to cool.
Peel and slice the tomatoes.
Hard-cook the... - 48.2061
Whole Grain Bread
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Add yeast to sugar water and add to warm water when dissolved.
3) Mix in molasses, honey, soy flour, bran, ground seeds, and oats.
4) Add in oil and salt.
5) Add flours in order listed till dough is... - 48.13
All Saints' Broth
1.In a saucepan, put the chestnuts along with their soaking water.
2.Let the water boil.
3.Once done, put the lid on and simmer for 40- 50 minutes until soft.
4.Allow the ingredients to cool; blend.
5.In a large saucepan, heat oil and... - 47.9054
Apple Cabbage Slaw
1) In a small saucepan, combine together the sugar, flour, mustard and celery seeds. Stir in the milk very gradually.
2) Cook the ingredients over moderate heat, constantly stirring, till the mixture has thickened.
3) Take the mixture off the heat and... - 47.7881
Marinated Mushroom And Walnut Vegan Salad
1. Add all ingredients into a screw-top jar and shake it well.
2. Season to taste.
3. Make spring onions and mushrooms and add it to the marinade.
4. Microwave for 2 minutes by placing it in a covered dish and leave for 10 1-5 minutes.
5. Add... - 47.7258
Carrot And Orange Salad With Black Mustard Seeds
1) With a sharp knife, remove the orange peel by discarding all the bitter white pith.
2) Crosswise slice the orange into 1/8 inch thick slices. Stack the slices and cut them into 6 wedges.
3) In a large serving bowl, place orange,... - 47.706
1.Heat oil in a pan and stir in mushrooms and onion to it.
2.Fry the vegetables on low flame for 5 minutes.
3.Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes.
4.Add stock and allow the mixture to boil.
5.Stir in bay leaf, thyme, mustard powder, to it and simmer... - 47.6829
Continental Side Dish Recipes By Category
Continental Side Dish Course: