- » Continental Appetizer
Continental Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of continental appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for continental appetizer recipes.
Low-fat Chunky Cream Of Tomato Soup
Most of us grow up loving cream of tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich on a nice rainy day! What a great comfort food. Of course, it can be from a can or packet but why have those when you can make a much more delicious and healthier version with such... - 138.607
Broccoli And Chickpea Soup
Loaded with onions, garlic, broccoli, and garbanzo beans - which are some of the world's healthiest foods - this cozy soup packs a powerhouse of nutrients. So if your body's batteries could use a little recharging, we suggest a warm bowl of this deliciously... - 137.68
Shrimp With Cocktail Sauce
Seafood lovers it's time to get all excited and happy. Check out the video for the delicious Shrimp and Sauce Cocktail. A great shrimp recipe prepared just for you. A very yummy dish and a treat to every seafood lover. - 123.299
Fried Zucchini Flowers For Dinner
What better way to relish the simple pleasures of your spring yields than delicious, succulent fried zucchini flowers. Cathy tells you how to stuff succulent zucchini blossoms with ricotta cheese and fresh herbs and yield perfect crisps that makes for... - 115.698
Asparagus Yogurt Soup With Toasted Almonds
1. In a pot, heat the olive oil and add the garlic to cook.
2. Add the chopped asparagus into the pot and stir.
3. Add vegetable stock and bring to boil.
4. Once the soup boils, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
5. Drain the asparagus and reserve the... - 113.957
Slow Cooker Bean Soup
1. In a large mixing bowl, take meat, and remove meat juice, if any from it.
2. Drop salt, flour, and pepper. Mix to coat evenly. Set aside.
3. Place a skillet on medium high heat, pour oil and cook bacon for 2 minutes or until... - 107.717
Lettuce And Mango Salad
Normally, fruits are always associated with desserts. This lettuce and mango salad will raise your senses, once you bite into it as it is full of different flavors and textures and the light dressing to top it all. A simple and elegant way to lift your and... - 106.196
1. Chop and discard the woody portion of asparagus. Then, chop the remaining, leaving out 2-inch long strip from the top.
2. Place a large sauce pan on medium high heat, pour oil and drop leaks in it. Sauté for about 2 minutes or until... - 101.527
Healthy Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut squash has interesting and valued use in Continental cuisine. Check out chef Janet showing how to make butternut squash soup in simple and easy steps that is friendly for health as well. Taste and health, hand in hand with this soup! - 100.8
Easy Asparagus Souffle
Most of us are afraid of making baked soufflés cause they don’t turn out like they are supposed to. This recipe gives the most perfect light and fluffy savory soufflés ever possible. They will have your guest impressed soon as you take them to the table.... - 93.4512
Basil, Rocket And Roasted Tomato Salad
1. Make the balsamic dressing.
2. Blanch and refresh the tomatoes.
3. Remove the skin, leaving them whole, and place on a baking tray.
4. Cut off any rind from the bacon and cut into small strips.
5. Heat a small frying pan over a high heat,... - 87.4182
Solar Steamed Minestrone Soup
An aromatic soup made in the solar cooker using a steam method! When fully cooked its an appetizing dish to have. Watch the video for more on how to make this soup. - 55.4334
Moulded Grapefruit And Cucumber
1) In a bowl of cold water, sprinkle gelatin on top.
2) Pour in boiling water and gently stir to dissolve the gelatin.
3) Place aside to cool down the gelatin.
4) Add carbonated beverage, lemon juice, sweetener and salt to the gelatin... - 50.4722
Cream Of Potato Soup With Garlic
1.Take a large saucepan, heat oil in it and fry the onions along with garlic cloves and carrot for 15- 20 minutes.
2.Stir in bay leaf, thyme and water.
3.Boil the ingredients and once done, put the lid on and simmer for 1- 1/2 hours.
4.Strain and keep... - 50.3464
Beet And Chicory Salad
1) Preheat the oven to 450°.
2) Discard the leafy tops of the beets, if any, leaving 1- to 2-inch stems.
3) Wash beets in running water and shake off most of the water.
4) Tightly wrap with aluminum foil.
5) In a baking pan, place... - 50.2071
Red And Green Summer Salad
1) Rinse the spinach in cold water and drain well. Tear the spinach leaves into bite-sized pieces.
2) Similarly, rinse the lettuces and watercress, and drain well. Break the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
3) Wash the remaining vegetables and... - 50.2026
Wash mushrooms, wipe dry and slice.
Melt butter in a non-stick pan over low heat.
Add onion and saute till translucent.
Remove pan from heat, add flour, marjoram, mustard, salt and pepper and mix to a smooth paste.
Blend in stock and return to heat.
Add... - 49.8823
Chilled Avocado Soup
1) In an electric blender, place together avocados, stock, onion, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
2) Process the avocado mixture until smooth.
3) Season to taste.
4) Pour the avocado mixture into a bowl.
5) Cover and refrigerate until chill.
6)... - 49.6846
Tomato Sauce For Snacks
1) In Dutch oven heat cooking oil over medium heat.
2) Stir in onion and garlic.
3) Saute for 5 minutes until soft.
4) Mix the remaining ingredients and stir.
5) Bring to boil and cook uncovered.
6) Cook for about 1 hour stirring... - 49.6724
Mixed Vegetable Soup
Wash vegetables and drain.
Scrape carrots and turnips, pluck spinach leaves and wash thoroughly.
Remove and discard pith and seeds of bell peppers.
Chop all vegetables roughly.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan over moderate heat.
Add onion and saute till light... - 49.6176
Cream Of Vegetable Soup
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and sautÃ© carrots, swede and onions for 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
2) Pour in the stock and season to taste and bring to the boil.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 20 minutes or until the... - 49.5459
Butter Bean And Tomato Soup
1) Pour the water from the beans and rinse in cold water
2) In a saucepan, melt the butter and sautÃ© the onion until soft.
3) Stir in tomatoes and sautÃ© until 2 minutes.
4) Add the beans to the pan with bay leaf, stock or water and... - 49.4835
Broccoli Garbanzo Bean Salad
1) In a colander, place garbanzo beans.
2) Rinse the under cold rap water for 1 minute.
3) Allow the beans to drain for 1 minute.
4) In a small bowl, add vinegar and next 7 ingredients.
5) Stir well to mix altogether. Place aside.
6) In... - 49.4781
Cantaloupe Chicken Salad
1) In a large mixing bowl combine peas, chicken, and green onion.
2) For dressing, in a small bowl combine watercress, mayonnaise or salad dressing, sour cream, lemon peel, Dijon-style mustard, and pepper.
3) Stir into chicken... - 49.4229
Hungarian Goulash Soup
1) In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat till hot.
2) Add pork and brown on all sides. Fry in batches if required.
3) Place the pork in a large saucepan.
4) Add onions and garlic to the skillet and cook over moderate heat for 8 minutes... - 49.3487
Vegetarian Pizza Appetizer
1) Preheat oven to 425 F
2) Into a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch greased jelly roll pan stretch the pizza dough
3) Prick the dough several times with a fork
4) Bake for 10 minutes till crisp
5) Cool onto a wire rack
6) Using a knife, cut the... - 49.3208
Cottage Potato Salad
1) In a bowl mix yogurt and salad dressing.
2) Mix potatoes and eggs.
3) Marinate at room temperature.
4) Slice and chop rest of the ingredients.
5) Mix all ingredients.
6) Chill for some time.
7) Serve cold. - 49.3007
Cream Of Mushroom Soup
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© onions until translucent.
2) Stir in the mushrooms and sautÃ© for 5 minutes.
3) Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4) Take the pan away from the heat, and slowly pour in the... - 49.2842
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a saucepan, melt oleo, and stir in the flour until browned.
3) Put in garlic, onions, white part of green onions, bell peppers, celery and tomato sauce.
4) Put the lid on and simmer for 1 hour... - 49.174
1) Cut the parsley stems and leave aside.
2) In a saucepan, melt the butter and sautÃ© onion and potatoes for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Blend in the stock and parsley stalks and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are... - 49.1605
Cheese And Onion Quichelets
1) Into a large bowl, mix the flour, salt and pepper
2) Using the fingertips rub in the margarine and lard to get a crumble or sand like mixture
3) Add water just enough for the dough to come together and to leave the sides of the bowl
4) Cling wrap... - 49.1162
1. In a large heavy, preferably cast iron skillet, meat the butter and heat with oil over moderate heat.
2. Add the onions, and sauté them for about 5 minutes, until softened by not browned.
3. Tip in carrots, broth, and rice and stir to mix.
4. Cover... - 49.086
Onion And Pepper Soup
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© onions, garlic and peppers for 10 minutes or until tender.
2) Add flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3) Stir in tomatoes and stock.
4) Season to taste and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
5)... - 49.0067
Fresh Cream Of Tomato Soup
1) Take a blender jar and add soft butter to it before blending it for 3 seconds.
2) Add the flour and blend it again for 20 minutes.
3) Add the scalded consommé with the other ingredients being added one by one in a continuous manner.
4) Blend the... - 48.9991
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© parsnips, potato and onion.
2) Put the lid on and simmer for 3 minutes.
3) Pour in the stock and season to taste.
4) Allow the mixture to boil, cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
5)... - 48.9803
Salmon And Prawn Puff Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
2. Place the pastry on a floured surface and cut out two 5-inch rounds. Place on a baking tray, score with a knife, brush with egg and bake for 10 minutes until well risen and golden.
3. Remove any... - 48.9583
Gourmet Cream Of Spinach Soup
1) Rinse the spinach leaves thoroughly and trim off the tough stems.
2) In a saucepan, combine the spinach, 1 cup water and salt to taste together.
3) Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the leaves are wilted.
4) Drain the spinach... - 48.8849
1. Prepare the pie shell. Refrigerate.
2. Preheat oven to 375F.
3. In a medium size bowl, mix onion, pate, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. Mix.
4. Over bottom of pie shell, evenly spread the mixture.
5. In a medium bowl, add cream, egg,... - 48.837
Broad Lima Bean Soup
1) In a saucepan, heat oil and sautÃ© onion and bacon for 5 minutes.
2) Add the stock and bring to a boil.
3) Stir in the beans and cook over low heat for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender.
4) Remove from heat and allow to cool.
5) In... - 48.8199
Yellow Pea Soup
1. Soak peas overnight. Cover, and store in refrigerator.
2. Drain and wash peas, next morning.
3. In a 6-quart kettle, cover peas with 1 quart water.
4. In kettle, add salt pork and half of chopped onion.
5. Heat till it reaches... - 48.7245
Fish Zucchini Salad
1) In a saucepan, soak the gelatine in ½ cup of bouillon until soften.
2) Simmer the bouillon mixture and stir for 4 minutes until gelatine dissolves.
3) Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the remaining bouillon.
4) Place the bouillon... - 48.6797
1. Pre-heat oven to 325°.
2. Into a bowl, drain artichokes, reserving liquid from 1 jar.
3. Using a knife, chop artichokes; set aside.
4. In a skillet, cook onion in reserved liquid in skillet until tender.
5. In a large mixing bowl,... - 48.6758
Dolmades Stuffed Vine Leaves
1) Into a frying pan, pour some water enough to add all the vine leaves
2) Blanch them for a minute and then turn them over and blanch for another 30 seconds.
3) Drain the leaves into a colander and run them under cold water
4) Spread out each leaf, vein... - 48.6393
Roasted Corn Salsa
1) Into a saucepan of boiling water, place the corn and blanch for 3 minutes
2) Drain and run under some cold running water
3) Once drained, rub the corn with 1 tablespoon of oil
4) Place onto a grill or broiler and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning them... - 48.6258
Seafood Quiche In Deep Dish 9 Inch Pastry
1) Allow the pasty shell to thaw
2) Preheat the oven to 375 F
3) Into a bowl, add the lemon juice and toss the cooked shrimp into it
4) Into another bowl, crack the eggs and beat well
5) Add in half the cornstarch, salt, dill weed and... - 48.6258
Cabbage And Pepper Salad
1) In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by mixing vinegar, lemon juice, sweetener and water. Place aside.
2) In a large salad bowl, place lettuce, cabbage and peppers to toss together.
3) Pour the dressing over the salad.
4) Let it... - 48.6213
Picnic Vegetable Salad
1) In a colander, place the pinto beans to rinse under cold tap water for 1 minute.
2) Place the colander aside to drain the beans for another 1 minute.
3) In a large bowl, add beans and next 5 ingredients.
4) Stir well to combine.
5) In... - 48.6157
Tangy Potato Salad
1) In a bowl mix vinegar, oil, salt, dill weed and pepper.
2) Pour mixture over potatoes and mix gently.
3) Chill potato mixture for several hours.
4) Add olives, celery, and onion till serving.
5) In a bowl mix yogurt and mustard.
6) Fold mixture into... - 48.5509
Chunky Style Split Pea Soup With Ham
1) In a slow cooker, place together peas, water, ham, carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, salt and peppercorns.
2) Put the lid on and simmer for about 5 to 6 hours.
3) Raise the heat to high and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until peas and vegetables are... - 48.5135
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© turnips, onions, and potatoes for 5 minutes.
2) Add stock, bay leaf, nutmeg, and seasoning, bring to boil stirring constantly.
3) Put the lid and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are... - 48.5045
Blue Cheese Souffle
Heat oven to 350°.
Butter 1-quart souffle dish or casserole.
Make a 4-inch-wide band of triple-thickness aluminum foil 2 inches longer than circumference of dish; butter 1 side of foil.
Secure foil band, buttered side in, around outside edge of dish and... - 48.464
Country Lentil Soup
1) Pour of the water from the bacon, and rinse under cold water.
2) In a pan, place together bacon, lentils, carrot, celery, onion, water, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
3) Heat the bacon mixture to a boil and skim, using the perforated... - 48.3978
Quick Corn Soup
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and add flour, stirring continuously for 2 minutes.
2) Take the pan away from heat and slowly blend in the stock, corn, seasoning and the Worcestershire sauce.
3) Put the pan back over the heat and... - 48.3944
Gourmet Spinach Salad With Sweet And Sour Dressing
1) In a bowl, place together oil, vinegar, sugar, ketchup, salt, and dry salad dressing.
2) Whisk the vinegar mixture until well blended.
3) Cover the bowl and refrigerate until needed.
4) In a bowl, place together eggs, bacon, spinach and onion
5)... - 48.3364
Beef Vegetable Noodle Soup
1) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and brown the beef shank bones.
2) Transfer the meat in a slow cooker.
3) Pour off the excess fat from the pan.
4) In the same non-stick pan, pour in ½ cup of water and boil stirring continuously to... - 48.3206
Austrian Apple Soup
This is the traditional Austrian Apple Soup with a difference! A perfect filling accompaniment to any meal, Austrian Apple Soup makes for a delicious Appetizer. - 48.3042
1.Take a large kettle and heat the oil gently. Add the onions and celery and saute till soft but not browned.
2.Add the green pepper, potato, water, turmeric and bay leaf.
3 Once the soup comes to a boil. Cover pot, lower heat, and simmer 15 minutes.... - 48.2571
American Cream Of Tomato Soup
1) Boil the tomatoes, grated onion, carrot and chopped celery leaves together with sugar, cloves and basil for 25 minutes.
2) Strain the mixture by forcing it through a sieve.
3) Add medium white sauce and grated mild cheese to it.
4) Add salt and... - 48.2533
Cream Of Chicken Soup
Remove all scraps of meat from the carcass, cut them into neat pieces and set aside.
Crush the carcass and put it in the pressure cooker with the giblets, vegetables, bouquet garni and the water.
Put on the lid and bring to high (15 lb) pressure, then cook... - 48.2431
A Taste Of Summer Soup
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In a large pot, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil.
3) Add the leek and onion and saute over low heat 5 minutes until onion is soft.
4) Add the potato, carrots, and stock boil.
5) Add the zucchini and... - 48.2065
Cream Of Tomato Soup Using Milk
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In 1 1/2 to 2-qt casserole place tomatoes, onion, sugar and bay leaf, combine well
3) Cover the casserole.
4) Microwave at High 7 to 10 minutes, or until tomatoes soften and flavors blend, stirring once or... - 48.1936
Homemade Chicken Soup
1. In 4–litre microwaveable casserole, mix the chicken, celery, bay leaves, peppercorns, onion and water.
2. Cover the casserole and place in the microwave.
3. In the microwave, cook for 10 minutes at High first, and 35-37 minutes at Medium-Low,... - 48.1928
Sweet Potato Ambrosia Salad
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Use aluminum foil to wrap the sweet potatoes.
3) Place inside oven to bake for 45 minutes or until tender.
4) Bring out and allow cooling at room temperature.
5) Peel off the skin and discard.
6) Cut the... - 48.1618
Tomato Basil Soup
1. Finely dice carrots, onion and leeks.
2. Into a saucepan of water, crumble stock cube, add diced vegetables and basil; bring mixture to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in tomato juice and tomato puree; simmer for another 10... - 48.1056
Creamy Potato Soup
1. In a saucepan, fry the bacon till crispy and set aside.
2. Drain the bacon, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings in pan.
3. To bacon drippings, add chopped potatoes, onion, carrot, and celery.
4. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for... - 48.0002
Orange And Onion Salad
1) Peel off the skin from the oranges and using a knife, slice them diagonally
2) Cut the Bermuda onion into rings and separate them
3) Roughly break the lettuce leaves and arrange onto a plate
4) Mount the leaves with the oranges and onion rings
5)... - 47.9983
Mock Meatballs With Horseradish Sauce
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat the rack of the roasting pan with cooking spray.
2) Into a colander, add in the kidney and pinto beans. Wash the beans under cold, running water for a minute. Drain.
3) In an electric blender, add in the... - 47.9741
Navy Bean Soup
1) In a slow cooker, soak beans in water overnight.
2) Do not drain the water.
3) Put the lid on and cook over high heat for 2 to 3 hours, until tender.
4) Stir in the beef, onion, tomato sauce, vinegar, rosemary, bay leaf and salt.
5)... - 47.9578
Marinated Venison On The Spit
Roll the venison, tie with string and place in a glass dish.
Place onion and carrots around the meat.
Combine the ingredients for the marinade, mix well and pour over the meat and vegetables.
Cover and set aside to marinate for 8 hours or overnight, basting... - 47.9354
Pluck spinach leaves and wash thoroughly.
Place spinach in a pan with water over high heat and cook for about 5 minutes till tender.
Drain and puree in a blender.
Melt butter in a pan over low heat.
Add onion and saute for 1 minute.
Stir in flour and cook for... - 47.9277
Cabbage Cucumber Crunch
1) Finely shred the cabbage and place aside.
2) Peel off the apple skin and shred finely.
3) In a bowl, combine the cabbage and apple. Add onion flakes and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Toss lightly.
4) Use a shallow salad... - 47.9176
Onion Soup With Wine
Peel and slice onions, melt half the butter in a large saucepan and cook onions till transparent.
Sprinkle onions with flour.
Cook, stirring, until flour colors.
Add sugar, then gradually stir in water.
Simmer for 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Fry... - 47.8398
Cream Of Artichoke Soup
1) In a bowl, with cold water enough to cover artichoke and place the artichokes and the strained lemon juice to avoid discoloration.
2) In the cooker, melt the butter or margarine and saute the onion until soft.
3) Pour of the water and... - 47.8085
1) In a bowl mix onion and vinegar. Let stand for few minutes.
2) Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and paprika and mix well.
3) In a large salad bowl mix macaroni, tomatoes, green pepper, and olives.
4) Pour mayonnaise mixture over it.
5) Toss lightly to... - 47.7445
Deli Roasted Chicken Pate
1) Coat small pyrex bowl lightly with butter.
2) Remove the skin and deboned the chicken, and discard.
3) Cut into small pieces to make about 3 cups.
4) In a food processor, place together chicken, cream, fresh parsley, onions or... - 47.6969
Sunday Night Cheese
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Line the bottom and sides of a shallow 2-quart casserole with buttered bread, buttered side down.
3) In a bowl, place all remaining ingredients.
4) Stir the ingredients in bowl, well until blended.
5)... - 47.6925
Cream Of Lettuce And Spinach Soup
1) Into a saucepan, combine the stock, lettuce spinach, rice and mace
2) Cover and bring to a gentle boil
3) Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes
4) Into a food processor, blend in batches for 2-3 minutes until smooth
5) Scrape down the sides of the... - 47.6408
Cream Of Broccoli Soup
1. Remove the broccoli florets from the stems, as you only need the stems for this recipe.
2. With a vegetable peeler, peel the broccoli stems. Slice the peeled stems.
3. In a saucepan, heat oil over moderate heat.
4. Add the leeks and... - 47.6117
1) In a saucepan, heat butter and sautÃ© oxtail and fry until lightly browned.
2) Pour off the excess fat and add vegetables, bacon, herbs, and seasoning.
3) Stream in the water and allow to boil.
4) Put the lid on and simmer for 3 hours or... - 47.6088
Lemon Mushroom Salad
1) In a large shallow container, add the mushrooms.
2) In a small bowl, combine next 5 ingredients by adding water.
3) Use a wire whisk to stir the liquid mixture.
4) Drizzle the mixture over mushrooms.
5) Toss lightly and place the lemon slices on... - 47.5965
Country Style Cream Of Cauliflower Soup
1. Cut and discard stem the cauliflower, remove all outer leaves and soak the head in cold, salted water for a few minutes.
2. Slash deep cuts into the cauliflower stalk.
3. Peel onion and chop finely.
4. Trim the top and bottom end of the... - 47.585
Cut the bacon into 1 inch pieces.
Trim the beef and cut into chunks.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan and fry the bacon and beef for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, trim and slice the leek.
Peel the potatoes, carrots, parsnips and rutabaga.
Cut into chunks.
Add... - 47.4629
1) In a bowl, mix together beans sprouts, celery, green peppers, scallions, radish and carrots.
2) Stir in the rice.
3) Mix the sprouts mixture well to incorporate well.
4) Cover the bowl and place in refrigerator.
5) When ready to serve, sprinkle soy... - 47.4152
Salmon Stuffed French Bread
1) Cut loaf in half crosswise and slice 1 inch off each end to form 2 (6-inch) pieces of bread.
2) Leaving 1/2-inch shell, gently remove center of bread.
3) Reserve center bread pieces for a later use.
4) In medium bowl, combine all... - 47.4061
1) Into a frying pan, saute the mushrooms, zucchini, garlic in 2 tablespoons of oil for about 5 minutes till soft
2) Into a bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, and salt
3) Add in the cheeses and then tip in the cubed breadcrumbs
4) Pour into an oiled 9... - 47.4027
Marinated Kipper Fillets With Hazelnuts
1) In a shallow serving dish, place the fish fillets.
2) In a bowl, stir together oil, lemon juice, parsley, hazelnuts and sugar.
3) Sprinkle the hazelnut mixture with salt and pepper.
4) With a serrated knife, cut the top and bottom off the... - 47.3815
1. Wash endive, spinach, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes to free them from any dirt.
2. Remove stems from spinach leaves.
3. Slice mushroom into five slices, right through the stem.
4. Peel avocado; cut in six slices and brush with lemon... - 47.3715
Cream Of Broccoli Soup
1) In a saucepan, bring stock to the boil and add the broccoli.
2) Allow to cook for about 10 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
3) Remove the pan from heat and using a hand blender, blend the broccoli mixture to a smooth puree.
4)... - 47.3695
Cornerhrook Cabbage Salad
1) In a bowl, add dried minced onion, tomato juice, pickle and lemon juice. Combine well. Place the bowl aside to blend flavors.
2) In a saucepan, pour in enough water and add salt to it.
3) Place the saucepan over high heat, cover and... - 47.367
Seafood Salad With Watercress Red Pepper And Fresh Herbs
1) Use a large nonreactive saucepan, to heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil over high heat.
2) SautÃ© the shallots and 3 of the minced garlic cloves.
3) Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until softened and... - 47.3635
1) In a cup, mix together vinegar and onion flakes.
2) Allow to soak for 5 minutes.
3) In a bowl, place cabbage, green peppers and pineapple.
4) Stir the cabbage mixture lightly to blend.
5) Sprinkle with celery seeds and curry powder,... - 47.3595
Romertopf Ox Tail Soup
1) Preheat the oven to 35OF.
2) Slice the smoked bacon into small pieces.
3) In a frying pan, add in the bacon. Saute for a while before adding in the ox-tail.
4) Next, add in the onion. Saute for a few more minutes.
5) Transfer the... - 47.3428
1) Wash the salmon in cold water and skin it.
2) Slice the chilli in half and discard the seeds.
3) Set aside the other half for salsa.
4) Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 400°F.
Green Or Red Salsa
5) Cut the chilli into half.
6) In... - 47.318
Marinated Shrimp Salad
1) Strain the artichoke hearts and reserve the marinade.
2) Slice the large pieces of artichoke hearts into half.
3) In a bowl mix together shrimp, artichoke hearts, carrots, celery, green onion and pimiento.
4) In a bowl place the... - 47.2894
Barley Ham Salad With Honey Mustard Dressing
1) In a heavy medium saucepan, add 1 tablespoon oil to heat up.
2) Add the barley to saute over moderate heat until the grains are coated with oil.
3) Pour in the chicken stock and add salt and 1 cup of water.
4) Bring the liquid to a boil over high... - 47.2691
Spring Carrot Salad
1. Scrub carrots leaving very small carrots whole.
2. Make lengthwise pieces out of the larger carrots in half.
3. In a medium saucepan place carrots add 1 cup water and season with salt and pepper.
4. Let it boil, simmer for 5 to 8 minutes such that... - 47.2648
Beer And Cheddar Soup
Place butter in a 1 1/2-quart microwave-proof bowl.
Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 45 seconds or until melted.
Stir in carrots, celery, leeks, and thyme.
Cover with wax paper and microwave on HIGH (100%) for 6 minutes (stirring after 3 minutes) or... - 47.2246
1) In a large bowl, add cabbage, cucumber, and tomato to combine by gentle tossing.
2) In another bowl, mix tomato juice and remaining ingredients.
3) Use a wire whisk, to stir in the mixture.
4) Spread the tomato juice mixture over cabbage mixture.
5)... - 47.1689
1) In a bowl, arrange in layers cabbage, salt and 2/3 water.
2) Leave the cabbage to rest for 2 hours.
3) Using a perforated ladle, scoop out the cabbage and squeeze out the liquid.
4) In a bowl, place the cabbage, celery, pepper and... - 47.1683
Continental Appetizer Recipes By Category
Continental Appetizer Course: