- » Continental
Continental food refers to the kind of food eaten in European countries. Though foods from America, England, Australia and New Zeeland have their own distinctive features, as a whole, the food from all these ... More »
Pork Loin With Herbed Blueberry Sauce
Its a weeknight, and you want to make something effortless yet delicious? This video is sure to come handy. Watch the chef prepare this delectable concoction of tender pork loin with a fresh blueberry sauce. The dish is flavored with fresh herbs that makes it... - 137.637
1. Peel potatoes and slice them thinly.
2. In a small bowl, combine vegetable stock, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Mix well.
3. Place a pan on heat, pour oil, and drop sliced onions in it.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Stir, and... - 118.991
Much lighter than the traditional French Quiche, this main dish tart still packs an amazing amount of flavor! With a ricotta base, sautéed onions and zucchini along with a Black Forest Ham center all nestled in light, flakey fillo dough; this is a tart... - 117.736
Smoothie With Fruits, Berries And Parsley
This recipe is definitely for the ones who love to eat healthy. Ready in seconds it incorporates the goodness of berries and fruits and is extremely filling. The natural sweetness of the fruits coupled with the creamy yogurt makes it a delicious treat too. - 105.757
Bacon Salad With Solar Cooked Eggs
1. Assemble a stoneware bowl in a larger glass bowl and a glass lid. Place it on a reflector as in a car shade.
2. Place 4 eggs in the stoneware bowl. Cover with lid and place it in the sun and let it cook for 2 hours. The outside... - 95.6676
Solar Cooked Chocolate Mug Cake
We were inspired by the microwavable chocolate mug cake that we've modified the recipe and adapted it to solar cooking. We really like the idea of using a mug to mix the ingredients in and then baking right in it.
It definitely won't be a 2 to 5 minute mug... - 94.6479
Solar Cooked Mini Bread Pudding
1. Take a 3 1/2 inch stoneware bowl in a larger glass bowl and place it on the reflector as in a solar cooker.
2. In a bowl, mix in the bread,sugar,egg,milk and vanilla and place it in the smaller stone ware bowl.
3. Place the entire... - 93.5009
Banana Pineapple Walnut Cake
This a very rich cake, but mmmmmmmm so good. A fine video to prepare a yummy cake with pineapple, banana and walnuts. A moist and soft cake, it has the right bit of crunchiness form walnuts. Baked to perfection, this truly leaves a fine aroma in the kitchen... - 92.8928
Solar Toasted Pound Cake Sticks
1. Cut the pound cake into sticks.
2. Line up the pound cake in a solar cooker bowl, cover with lid and place it upon a reflector.
3. Check for a clear sun and a temperature around 63 degrees Farenheit.
4. Let it toast in the solar... - 90.81
Healthy Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut squash has interesting and valued use in Continental cuisine. Check out chef Janet showing how to make butternut squash soup in simple and easy steps that is friendly for health as well. Taste and health, hand in hand with this soup! - 90.4291
Solar Cooked Dried Herbs
1. In a glass bowl placed upon a reflector as in a solar cooker, place the herbs in the sun.
2. Cover with a splatter screen and let it stand for 70 minutes.
3. Remove splatter and retrieve the herbs.
4. The herbs are dried and brittle and... - 90.1627
Healthy Omelette With Vegetables
A healthy option when it comes to a breakfast staple. This one is loaded with the goodness of vegetables. A filling meal in itself, this recipe is light and healthier because of the use of egg beaters. - 89.2495
Basil, Rocket And Roasted Tomato Salad
1. Make the balsamic dressing.
2. Blanch and refresh the tomatoes.
3. Remove the skin, leaving them whole, and place on a baking tray.
4. Cut off any rind from the bacon and cut into small strips.
5. Heat a small frying pan over a high heat,... - 89.1337
1. Wipe the mushrooms with a damp, clean cloth and chop roughly.
2. Place into a clean bowl, cover with cling film and place into a fridge for later.
3. Peel and finely dice the shallot.
4. Keep the white sauce warm in a bain marie.
5. Weigh... - 89.124
Bread And Eggs Scramble
A classic snack that is quick and tasty. It is a close cousin of the French toast but more kid friendly. Served with a drizzle of syrup the sweet and the savory mingles together to take the little palates by storm and never goes wrong. - 88.8703
Sizzling Solar Fried Egg
1. Assemble a non stick frying pan with a glass lid and place it over a reflector as in a solar cooker. Place it in the sun.
2. Crack open an egg and place it on the frying pan. Cover with lid..
3. Let it cook till the egg looks... - 87.5562
Sugarless Chocolate Brownies
A sugarless version of the decadent brownie. This one here is easy and tasty and done in a whiff. Sprinkled with powdered sugar and served warm, it is a sure to win over palates. - 87.2781
Chocolate Cake With Orange Drizzle
This funky sponge cake, poked holes in it, then poured a sticky, tangy orange drizzle over the top which soaked the cake, and gave it an incredible flavour burst!! - 87.0132
Daisy Cupcakes With Marshmallows
Dainty Daisy cup cakes with yellow icing and marshmallows is a perfect treat for your little girl. This recipe is absolutely easy and a perfect cupcake to be baked with kids. Let your kids do everything and have a good time doing the little daisies with the... - 84.088
Crushed Garlic Potatoes
1. Peel and crush the garlic and chop the parsley.
2. Scrub the skins are left on the potatoes really well, removing any dirt.
3. Carefully place the potatoes into a saucepan of boiling lightly salted water.
4. Turn down the heat and simmer until... - 81.1538
Cream Crowned Veal Continental
Trying your best to impress your friends and family with your culinary skills? Now give this Cream-Crowned Veal Continental recipe a try and see how easy it's to keep them impressed always. This recipe for Cream-Crowned Veal Continental is simple and leaves... - 53.2102
Are you looking for a Blintzes recipe made in the authentic way? Try your hand at this European recipe of Blintzes, which makes you keep asking for more. Best enjoyed as a Dessert this recipe was taught to me by a dear friend who also happens to be a great... - 50.9356
These Blintzes are thin pancakes with a nice cheesy filling. They are rich, filling and very tasty rounds. Just in case you are a weight watcher, then you can forget your resolution for sometime and enjoy the blintzes. - 48.7818
Zucchini With Dill Sauce
Zucchini With Dill Sauce is a delicious yet an easy to prepare dish. The interesting blend of flavors gives this dish a distinct taste. I prepared this Zucchini With Dill Sauce some time back an believe me, i had my guests drooling over it. Don't miss out... - 48.5852
Garlic Green Beans
1. Wash beans, trim the veggies, and cut them into 2-inch pieces.
2. You have to steam these veggies until it becomes crisp and tender. It will take nearly 7-10 minutes.
3. Set aside this preparation.
4. Meanwhile, in large saucepan fry bacons until... - 48.5649
Continental Chocolate Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Grease an oblong cake tin of 8x6-inches. Line the bottom with a greased greaseproof paper or non-stick parchment.
3) In a bowl, put the sugar and butter and beat well together till the... - 48.3097
Blanquette De Veau With Chicken Broth
1. In a skillet add veal, broth, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, cloves and thyme. Put it on a gas stove.
2. Cook the covered mixture in low heat for at least 1 hour.
3. Combine mushrooms and onions to the mixture.
4. Cook for 30 minutes more till the... - 48.2643
Blanquette De Veal
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a pan combine water, salt, onion and cook for about 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
3. In a saucepan heat butter or margarine and cook mushrooms in till tender, remove and set aside.
4. In the same... - 47.8649
1) In a large skillet, heat the corn oil.
2) To the hot oil, add the onion, bell pepper and garlic.
3) Cook until the oil separates and the onion turns tender.
4) To this, gradually add all the remaining ingredients, except the eggs, cheese and... - 47.8604
Continental Salmon Loaf
1) Wash the salmon with cold water and pat dry.
2) In a 1-quart casserole, arrange the salmon and cover it with heavy-duty plastic wrap. Vent the plastic.
3) Microwave the salmon on HIGH for 4 minutes, till the fish easily flakes when tested with a... - 47.0687
1) In a bowl, mix together cucumber, onion, peppers and celery.
2) In another bowl, mix salt and water.
3) Spoon the salt mixture over vegetables and let it marinate overnight.
4) Pour the liquid and reserve.
5) In a saucepan, mix... - 47.0248
Continental Fruit Pie
Sieve half the flour on to a clean, cool surface and make a well in the centre.
Mix together the sugar, vanilla, the half yolk, white and milk and mix evenly with the flour.
Rub the butter into the remainder of the flour, then knead the two mixtures into a... - 46.9767
Relatively Quick Greens In Potlikker
1) In a large saucepan, add oil and heat up over moderate heat.
2) Add the ham hocks, onions and garlic.
3) Cook by frequent stirring for 10 minutes, or until the onions are golden.
4) In a square of cheesecloth, tie the peppercorns, hot peppers,... - 46.6785
Combine mushrooms, onion and margarine in 2-quart casserole.
Microwave at HIGH (100%) until onion is tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
Stir in remaining ingredients except tomato wedges.
Microwave at HIGH (100%) 5 minutes.
Reduce power to MEDIUM-HIGH... - 46.6607
Lobster Continental On Rice
1. Cut strips of the chicken.
2. In a skillet add butter and brown the chicken strips with taragon.
3. Add milk, sherry, soup. Keep stirring.
4. Add artichokes, tomatoes and lobster.
5. Heat and stir occasionally so that all ingredients... - 46.4186
Continental Recipes By Category