- » Confit
Confit is an umbrella term used to refer to food items prepared with the method of 'confit,' a way of preserving food items by immersing the food item in another substance for flavor and preservation. Food ... More »
Leek Confit And Goat Cheese Crostata
TheDeliciousCook.com (previously known as CookingForYouAndMe.com) with Ronnie Woo presents a video recipe for how to make a Leek Confit and Goat Cheese Crostata! It is a simple and a rustic dish. This crostata is perfect to be serve as an appetizer before... - 134.879
Pork Belly Confit
For those who thought that making pork belly confit at home is almost impossible, here is an incredible video. The video is wonderfully explained and shares this extraordinary recipe for pork belly confit. The video is nicely presented and demonstrated in an... - 116.72
This Garlic Confit is a great flavoring agent. It works well with literally anything, salads, soups, stews, breads and you can serve it as a condiment. Watch this video for the detailed recipe. - 114.552
Pan Roasted Quail And Seared Foie Gras, Duck Leg Confit
RECIPE 1 - PAN ROASTED QUAIL
1. Clean quail, removing legs and wing tips.
2. Braise the leg meat and pull the meat apart.
3. Reduce braising liquor as desired for sauce.
4. Season a plump breast with salt and pepper and pan-sear in... - 112.095
French Pork Confit Part 2
Here is a wonderful adaptation of the traditional method, suited for the home chef. Those who have seen the Part 1 of this recipe, here is the second part where Chef John teaches how to slow roast the brined pork. He serves the pork confit very simply, as a ... - 101.306
Duck Confit Part 2 - Sauce
If you have already roasted and cured the duck legs for duck confit and want to know how to finish the dish to serve it like a Michelin star restaurant does, follow this video by chef John as he teaches you how to make this French classic an irresistible... - 97.605
Duck Confit Part 1 - Roast
For those ambitious home cooks who are trying to make Duck confit at home, watch this video by Chef John as he teaches you to prepare and roast the duck legs in the perfect way so that the duck is succulent and fragrant encased in crispy and crunchy skin. Its... - 97.0729
Duck Treat Part 2 - Confit
A cooking method once used for preserving items. Now it is considered a luxury cooking technique. This was used back in the day before refrigeration. - 91.3556
French Pork Confit Part 1
See the transformation from lean misery to lush delicacy. Confit is one of those unique ingredients that enlarge your awareness of flavor, and is one of the few things that add another dimension to any dish in which it is used. In this video, Chef John show... - 91.1708
Wild Striped Bass With Braised Greens And Tomato Confit
Watch out for this amazing feast for your eyes that is very impressive too. See this fantastic video that shows a recipe for pan seared wild striped bass with braised greens and tomato confit. The chef here adds sprakling water to cook the lentils that makes... - 89.9176
Gilroy Garlic Confit Steaks With Artichoke Orzo Ragout
1. Preheat the grill or broiler.
2. Rub the trimmed artichokes with the lemon halves to prevent discoloration.
3. In a small saucepan, put together all the garlic confit ingredients.
4. Over low heat, bring it to simmer and cook gently... - 49.3793
Tomato Confit On Toasted Bread With Pesto
1. Start by preheating the oven to 375°F
2. Start by pounding the garlic clove, in a mortar, add garlic and a pinch of salt, pestle till mixture becomes a smooth paste, also add the basil, keep adding a few tablespoons at a time, while... - 48.837
Salmon With Onion Confit Winter Vegetables And Red Wine Sauce
1. Assemble the mise en place trays.
2. To make the sauce, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, leeks, celery, and thyme sprigs and stir to coat with the butter. Lay the fish bones on top of the... - 46.7765
Smoked Pork Loin With Red Onion Confit
1.In a spice grinder put in rosemary leaves, chopped sage, sea salt, and peppercorns and grind coarsely.
2.Into a small bowl transfer and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3.Mix into paste.
4.Rub pork loin with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oi.
5. Now rub... - 46.2889
Asian Duck Confit
COMBINE THE WATER, sherry, onion, honey, soy sauce, green onions, lemongrass, oyster sauce, ginger, sesame oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a large pot and bring to a boil.
Add the duck legs and return to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer until the duck... - 46.0328
Duck Breasts With Onion And Cranberry Confit
ONION AND CRANBERRY CONFIT In a pan, heat the butter and saute the onions.
Add the cranberries, apple juice, maple syrup, apple jelly and raspberry vinegar.
Let simmer over medium heat for approximately 12 to 15 minutes; keep warm.
PORTO SAUCE In a small pan,... - 45.3228
Crispy Duck Confit With Greens Beetroot And Roast Potatoes
1) Preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas .
2) In an ovenproof pan, melt the duck fat, stir in rest of the confit ingredients and cook in the oven for about 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and drain the duck on a rack over a baking... - 44.3415
Tortellini Pasta With Onion Confit
Tortellini With Onion Confit has a grand taste. Tortellini With Onion Confit gets its taste from pasta mixed with onion and flavored with red wine. Tortellini With Onion Confit in inspired by many food joints. - 41.9328
Confit Of Duck
Rinse the ducks and pat dry.
Combine the salt, pepper, herbs, and spices in a bowl.
Coat each piece of duck in the mixture and lay flat in a dish, sprinkling the remainder of the salt mixture on top.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (even better, up to 24... - 41.2304
Grilled Veal Suieetbreads And Crispy Duck Confit Onwilted Arugula
For Crispy Duck Confit, sprinkle 6 tablespoons salt onto duck legs; cover tightly.
Place in flat dish; add weight.
Combine remaining salt, sugar, gingerroot, pepper, garlic, rosemary and thyme; add to duck.
Cover tightly; refrigerate 1... - 40.8721
Red Snapper With Rosemary Scented Shallot Confit
Put the shallots in a small covered casserole with the broth, oil, and rosemary.
Bake in a 300° F.
oven for 30 minutes or in the microwave for 10 minutes on high—until the shallots are quite tender but still retain their shape.
If you use the microwave,... - 40.379
Crispy Palatscfiinh Strudel With Chanterelles And Red Onion Confit
Mix flour, chives and salt to taste in large bowl for Crepes.
Whisk in milk, water, oil and egg whites until smooth.
Add butter; whisk until smooth.
Heat medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; brush lightly with oil.
Pour 6 tablespoons batter into... - 40.2052
Ocean Trout Confit
Ocean Trout Confit
Grind together the fennel and coriander seeds and mix in beetroot powder, and lemon zest. Rub the rock salt and Demerara sugar onto the fish and then rub on the beetroot mix.
Place the ocean trout on to a plate and rub the sugar and salt... - 39.575
Duck Confit With Potato Pancakes
Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
Bake the duck confit on a cookie sheet for 20 to 25 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix together the onion, potatoes and seasonings.
Form several small pancakes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the pancakes on each side... - 38.5481
Stuffed Salmon With Garlic Tomato Confit And Asparagus Tips
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Cut 2-inch tips off the asparagus and blanch until tender; cool and reserve.
3. Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Broil salmon, taking care not to blacken or burn.
4. Cook garlic in olive oil in a medium saucepan over... - 37.1755
Confit Of Duck And Mushroom
1) Take out pieces of confit from the container and peel off as much flesh as possible. Chop the flesh in small pieces.
2) Take a frying pan and heat 4 tbsp of duck fat. Stir in garlic and mushrooms and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
3)... - 36.8784
Confit De Canard
In a small bowl, combine salt, shallots, parsley, thyme, bay leaf, and peppercorns.
Cut legs into drumsticks and thighs, and wipe all pieces dry with a clean kitchen towel.
Roll each piece in the herb mixture to coat thoroughly, and pack into a large... - 36.7242
Spiced Venison Steaks With Red Cabbage Confit And Red Wine Sauce
1. Flatten each steak to a 3/4-inch thickness between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
2. In a heavy-duty sealable plastic bag or between 2 sheets of wax paper crush the peppercorns and the allspice berries coarse with the bottom of a heavy skillet.... - 36.6153
Duck Leg Confit With Onion Puree
ONION PUREE WITH WILD FRUIT In a pan, heat the oil and butter; add the onions and saute until golden.
Add the vinegar, maple syrup and the wild fruit jam; let simmer over medium heat until dry.
Remove from the heat and let cool.
DUCK Grill the duck legs on... - 36.3264
Confit Of Salmon With New Potato & Crab Crush & Dill Drizzle
1. First, tip the potatoes into a pan of boiling water, then simmer for 15 mins or until soft. Drain and keep warm. Meanwhile, pour the olive oil into a thick-based pan or roasting tin that will fit the salmon fillets snugly. Add the garlic and thyme, gently... - 36.0826
Pasta With Confit Of Goose And Marsala
Melt the goose fat in a frying pan and add the flour, green onions, salt, and pepper.
Cook until the flour is lightly browned and then add the wine, stirring with a wire whisk until thick.
Add the cream and the goose and toss with the pasta.
Use very little... - 34.879
Duck Confit With Turnips
1. Preheat the oven to 375° In a saucepan, combine the stock, wine, garlic, orange zest and bay leaves and bring to a boil. Reduce to 2 cups over high heat, 30 minutes.
2. Add the reduction to a large roasting pan. Arrange the duck in the pan skin side up.... - 33.1559
Confit Of Goose
Remove the giblets from the bird and reserve for another use.
You might also wish to remove the tips of the wings and reserve them for soup.
Remove all fat that you can see from the rear end and the neck area of the goose.
Save the fat in the... - 32.9267
Confit Turkey Legs
1. Rinse turkey legs, pat dry, and lay in an 11- by 17-inch pan (or 1/2 each in 2 pans, 9 by 13 in.).
2. In a bowl, mix salt, brown sugar, marjoram, tarragon, pepper, coriander, and garlic. Rub mixture all over turkey legs. Cover and chill 1 1/2 hours,... - 32.1536
Tortellini With Onion Confit
1. To make confit, melt butter in a saucepan over a medium heat, add onions and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onions are soft. Stir in sugar and cook for 2 minutes longer. Add thyme, wine and vinegar, bring to simmering and simmer, stirring... - 31.4415
Red Cabbage Confit
In a kettle of boiling salted water blanch the cabbage for 2 minutes and drain it.
In the kettle, cleaned, cook the onion, the bay leaf, the thyme, the allspice berries, the garlic, and salt and pepper to taste in the oil over moderately low heat, stirrin - 31.0806
Cut up the goose into convenient pieces; trim off all fat and put aside for use later.
Mix the salt and saltpetre, and rub each piece of goose with the mixture.
Put the pieces of goose into an earthenware pot, cover with a cloth, and then with a piece of flat... - 28.3736
Cherry Tomato Basil And Garlic Confit
1. Warm the olive oil and garlic in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt.
2. When the garlic is tender, add the tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes or until the tomato skins begin to crack. Add the basil leaves and warm gently.
3.... - 23.5473
Peel the chestnuts and boil in water.
Skin them carefully, then cook them in sugar until they become dry on the outside - 15.641
Here is a easy recipe for Garlic confit. You can smear this over fresh bread to make quick garlic bread or toss with cooked pasta to add some extra flavour. Watch the video to learn. - 0
Confit Recipes By Category