- » Cold Skewered Appetizer
Cold Skewered Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of cold skewered appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for cold skewered appetizer recipes.
This Skewered Beef is a wholesome treat dedicated to a true meat-lover. This version of Skewered Beef is so full of hearty ingredients and is also relatively quick and simple to make. - 46.1412
Broiled Skewered Scallop
Light a layer of briquettes in a charcoal broiler and let them burn until a white ash begins to appear on the surface, or preheat your kitchen broiler to its highest setting.
Wash the scallops under cold running water, spread them on paper towels, and pat... - 39.8618
Lamb And Mango Skewers
1. Use 24 wooden skewers (a). Soak in cold water for at least 30 minutes before threading meat.
2. To make marinade, place ginger, hoisin and soy sauces, vinegar and oil in a bowl and mix to combine. Add lamb, toss to coat (b), cover and marinate in the... - 27.9802
Lamb And Potato Skewers
1. Prepare a fire in the grill and place an oiled baking tray in the oven 4-6 inches away from the heat.
2. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water till they are tender. This will take ten minutes.
3. Drain the potatoes and cover them... - 37.1177
Skewered Steak Strips With Oyster/garlic Brushing Sauce
To prepare sauce, heat all sauce ingredients, except cornstarch mixture, in a saucepan.
Heat sauce to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
Reduce heat and allow mixture to simmer.
Continue cooking until ingredients are well-blended for about 3... - 43.6842
Scallops & Bacon Skewers
Place separated bacon strips on a cold rack in a rimmed pan.
Partially broil bacon about 6 inches from heat.
Remove from heat; drain slightly on paper towels.
Wash scallops and pat dry with paper towels.
On each of 8 skewers, alternately thread bacon and... - 33.4961
Scampi On Skewers
1. To prevent charring soak bamboo skewers in a pan of cold water for at least 15 minutes.
2. With a sharp knife, slit shrimp down back, almost in half and thread each lengthwise on a skewer.
3. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add... - 39.3415
Honeyed Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Grilled shrimp make perfect appetizers for a party or any other special occasion. Watch this wonderful video that displays a recipe for some awesome grilled shrimp to perfection. These delicious appetizers is a perfect combo of sweet and tangy flavors to... - 107.522
Asian Chicken Skewers
These Asian Chicken Skewers are a result of love of good food. Take a look at this video to see how you can make these succulent skewers oozing with fresh oriental flavors and earthy aroma of Indian spices. Try these out and your diners will be enchanted... - 129.856
Grilled Jumbo Cold Cuts
1. Use a sharp knife to remove the outer casing of the meat.
2. Slice the meat roll lengthwise into four 1/2 -inch-thick slices.
3. Thread onto 2 skewers.
4. In a metal cup or saucepan, mix together molasses, prepared mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire... - 34.9286
This Lithuanian borshch uses buttermilk instead of yogurt and is called ðaltibarðèiai (which frankly I can’t pronounce) and might be the most popular soup in Lithuania. Of the many cold borshch made in Eastern Europe I found this Lithuanian one... - 38.9753
Grilled Jumbo Cold Cuts
1. Using a sharp knife, remove outer casing from ham by carefully running between it and skin layer.
2. Split the ham roll lengthwise, then cut each piece into four 1/2-inch-thick slices.
3. Take 2 skewers and thread the meat.
4. In a metal cup or... - 39.7782
Shrimp & Crab Appetizers With My Come Dine With Me Friends
A special episode where my Come Dine With Me Canada friends come over for a night of great food and a whole bunch of laughs. They are treated to a delicious spicy shrimp that sits atop a crab mayo on a crunchy english cucumber and topped with a coriander leaf - 0
Shrimp & Scallop Kabobs
These Shrimp And Scallop Kababs taste amazing ! I tried this skewered seafood appetizer for a party meal and believe me they were a hit menu fare. Do try these Shrimp And Scallop Kababs and tell me if you share my passion. - 39.4609
Shrimp On The Grill
Barbecuing is a fun thing to do! Ken is showing how to get the shrimps on the grill. An easy appetizer to make! Watch the video for more. - 117.899
Sprinkle lemon juice and salt over the chicken pieces, cover and set aside.
Mix the yogurt, half the butter, the cream, adrak lahsun ka masala, cardamoms, cumin, nutmeg, chillies, the oil, and cheese and blend into a smooth paste. Pour over the chicken,... - 36.7405
Lemon And Garlic Kebabs With Puy Lentils
Cook lentils in large pan of boiling water, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until just tender; drain.
Meanwhile, remove fish skin; cut fish lengthways, down each side of row of bones, discard bones.
Thread fish onto 12 skewers.
Combine butter, garlic,... - 42.0629
Sesame Spud Kebabs
In medium bowl, combine vegetable and sesame oils, basil, pepper and salt; set aside.
In medium saucepan, combine potatoes with enough cold water to cover them.
Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium low.
Simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until potatoes are almost... - 38.6521
Grouper Kabobs is an amazingly delicious and easy to prepare appetizer recipe. Try it for once; you wont wish to try any other appetizer for your coming parties! - 44.8922
1. Clean the prawns and remove the head, leave the shell of the tail and body intact.
2. Skewer 2 pieces of shrimps in the bamboo skewer.
3. Boil water in a wok and cook the shrimps until pink and cooked.
4. Keep a container with cold... - 78.7044
1. Combine the olive oil, lime rind, fish sauce, garlic, grated ginger, and basil in a nonmetallic bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Wash the fish chunks and pat dry with paper towels. Add them to the marinade and mix well to coat.... - 36.3459
Pepper Tofu Kebabs
Cut tofu into one inch cubes and add to the marinade, toss to coat, cover and chill an hour or more, turn occasionally to coat evenly.
If you plan to use wooden skewers, soak them in cold water 30 minutes so the ends do not burn.
On each skewer thread tofu... - 34.2415
Broiled Shrimp & Scallops
Broiled Shrimp & Scallops has a grand taste. Broiled Shrimp & Scallops gets its taste from seafood mixed with breadcrumbs and flavored with parsley. Broiled Shrimp & Scallops is inspired by many restaurants worldwide. - 41.2379
1. In 5-quart Dutch oven, combine 2 quarts water, lemon, bay leaves, peppercorns, allspice berries, and salt; heat to boiling. Cover and boil 15 minutes.
2. Add shrimp; cook just until opaque throughout, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold running water... - 33.2299
Avocado And Banana Kebabs
1. In a pan of cold water, soak bamboo skewers at least 15 minutes to prevent charring.
2. In another pan cook bacon until almost done such that it is limp.
3. Peel avocado, bananas and papaya and cut into 3/4-inch chunks.
4. Brush... - 38.601
Korean Food: Fried Fish Cake Soup (eomuk Guk =어묵국)
Looking for exotic soup recipes to warm your toes and souls this winter? This Korean fried fish cake soup or Eomuk GuK as it is called is a very popular street food which is extremely delicious and healthy. Try getting the fried fish cakes called eomuk or... - 106.796
Quick Seared Bonito Sashimi
1. Cut garlic in half. Rub surface of fish with cut side of garlic. Lightly sprinkle fish with salt.
2. Skewer fillet with 4 round metal skewers so that blunt ends of skewers can be held in one hand and skewers fan out into fish. Pass fillet lightly over high... - 37.6871
Shrimp Mezze With Citrus And Feta
To Marinate: In a small bowl whisk together the citrus juices, oil, garlic, Pernod, tarragon, and pepper to taste.
(Marinade may be refrigerated overnight.) Thread 4 extra-large or 2 jumbo shrimp on skewers.
(If they are wooden, cut to fit.) Place in a... - 44.0816
Barbecued Cheese Frank Kebabs
1. Prepare outdoor grill for barbecuing, or preheat indoor grill or broiler.
2. In a pan of cold water, soak bamboo skewers at least 15 minutes to keep them from charring.
3. Cut frankfurters crosswise in thirds.
4. Cut zucchini and yellow... - 42.8339
Tasty Chicken And Cheese Kababs
If you're looking for some nice appetizers, then you should surely check this out. The Chef shows how to make Chicken and Cheese Kababs which are baked. They are easy to prepare and a mouth watering appetizer. You can serve it with green chutney. - 124.239
Malaysian Style Satay
Prepare Satay Marinade.
With a large sharp knife, slice meat in 1/4-inch-thick slices, then in strips about 2-1/2-inches long and 1-inch wide.
With hands, mix meat strips into Satay Marinade in 2 to 3 portions, being sure all meat is coated.
Lace seasoned... - 41.1731
Pan Broiled Shrimp Kabobs
1. Soak eight to twelve bamboo skewers in cold water
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
3. Place tomatoes in a roasting pan, and roast for about 30 minutes in hot oven until the skins have blistered and shriveled.
4. Sprinkle sugar and salt... - 45.0977
Sweet And Sour Cocktail Nuggets
1. Soak about 30 small bamboo skewers in cold water to cover for at least 30 minutes. Prepare a hot fire in a barbecue grill or preheat broiler. In a small saucepan set at edge of grill or on stovetop, heat preserves and vinegar until preserves are melted, 2... - 29.134
Marinated Scallop Kabobs
1) Using paper towels, pat dry the scallop.
2) In a bowl, mix the scallop with all the remaining ingredients, except limes.
3) Put the lid on and refrigerate until needed.
4) Thread the limes and scallops, alternating, on 4 long skewers,
5) Grill the... - 43.7947
1. Season 4 long wooden skewers by soaking then in tepid water for 30 minutes.
2. Place the shelled scallops in a colander and wash under cold running water to clean well and remove grit. It is important to make sure the scallops are properly... - 36.9032
Pork And Pineapple Kebabs
1) Trim and cut pork fillet into neat cubes.
2) Drain pineapple from the tin and cut rings into cubes.
3) Clean and slice the courgettes.
4) In a saucepan add courgettes, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
5) Simmer for 1... - 44.096
Barbecued Frank Kebabs
1) Take 8 8-inch bamboo skewers and soak them in cold water for several hours or overnight.
2) Either build a hot fire or set an electric or gas grill on high according to manufacturer-€™s directions.
3) Thread 3 pieces of hot dog, 2 red onion... - 36.4523
Thai Shrimp Brochette
1) In a bowl add water and dip twelve 6-inch wooden skewers for 1 hour.
2) In a medium mixing bowl add all marinade ingredients and mix.
3) In another bowl put shrimp.
4) In a separate bowl add vegetables.
5) Pour half of the sauce over... - 46.8603
Spanish Dip With Mushrooms
Melt the butter or margarine in a small frying pan. Add the tomatoes, garlic, basil, tomato paste and seasoning and simmer gently for about 10 minutes, or until the tomato is well pulped. Cool slightly, then puree in a blender or sieve and leave to go... - 29.2931
1 Combine scallops with hoisin sauce. Thread onto skewers with diced onion. Place on sheet of foil and brush with a mixture of orange juice and soy sauce.
2 Broil under medium heat 2-4 minutes, until scallops are white. Brush with orange juice and soy sauce... - 27.669
Mustard And Chive Prawn Bites
Shell and clean the prawns.
Heat a saucepan of water with the bay leaves to the boil.
Salt it generously and add the prawns.
Cook for 1-1 1/2 minutes, drain, then refresh them immediately in cold running water.
Drain well and pat the prawns dry on paper... - 35.8058
1. Rub the insides of a fondue cooker or double boiler with the cut garlic.
2. Blend flour in ½ cold wine to make a smooth paste.
3. Add to remaining wine in the fondue cooker.
4. Simmer on a gentle flame, stirring constantly until it begins to... - 39.194
1) Cut each salami slice in half.
2) In a bowl, mix together salami, green olives, dressing and tortellini.
3) Put the lid over the bowl and place in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours or overnight to incorporate the flavours.
4) Thread on bamboo... - 29.9783
Sweetbreads En Brochette
1. Start by soaking the sweetbreads in ice water for 2-3 hours, keep changing the ice water from time to time
2. Pick off the membrane
3. In acidulated water, simmer the membrane for 10 minutes
4. Cool under cold water, place them on a... - 36.4581
Eggplants In Batter
Peel the eggplants and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Make a thick batter with the paprika, flour, the cream cheese, 5 tablespoons cold water, the eggs and the grated cheese.
Peel, core and slice the apples.
Sprinkle the celery salt over the apple slices and... - 38.6495
Maangchi has a very unique Korean recipe in this video, its Pasanjeok or skewered pancake with beef, onion, asparagus and carrots. The dish looks very yummy and its interesting to watch Maangchi cut the vegetables into equal lengths and prepare it with great... - 126.441
Chicken Satay With Chunky Peanut Sauce
There are many variations for satay but this is my favourite as it's as close to the satays we ate in Burma. You can use either chicken or pork and feel free to adjust to your own taste. - 39.9116
Crusted Pumped Leg Of Lamb
1. Place lamb in a large saucepan, add parsley stalks, bay leaf, peppercorns, allspice, vinegar and brown sugar. Add cold water to cover (a). Bring slowly to the boil, cover and simmer for 2 hours or until lamb is tender when pierced with a skewer.
2. Remove... - 37.9423
Pineapple Scallop Kabobs
These scallop kabobs are prepared with fresh scallops. Paired with pineapple bits, mushrooms, bacon and green peppers, these peppy scallop kebobs are marinated with lemon juice and soy sauce mix along with parsley for a tingly flavor and taste. - 45.6432
Macaroni Salad With Easy Kabobs
Early on day:
1. To rapidly boiling water add 1 tablespoon salt. Gradually add macaroni so that water continues to boil; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until just tender. Drain; rinse in cold water; drain again.
2. In large bowl combine macaroni,... - 39.594
1. To prepare the shrimp
2. Using kitchen shears, cut each shrimp shell along back and devein, leaving shell and tail on shrimp.
3. Rinse in cold water and pat dry.
4. If using metal skewers grease them with fat.
5. Prepare grill with coals to... - 42.602
Middle Eastern Swordfish Kabobs
1. In a large shallow non-metallic dish, combine ingredients for marinade.
2. Add fish and toss to coat well.
3. Cover and place in the refrigerator and let marinate for an hour or overnight, occasionally turning the fish.
4. If using bamboo... - 43.2477
1. In a shallow bowl, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, white wine, and ginger an stir well,
2. Add fish to the marinade and toss well to bowl.
3. Cover, and let marinate for 2 hours.
4. Use a vegetable peeler, to make thin long ribbons of... - 45.4228
Grilled Scallop Kabobs
Grilled Scallop Kababs is an amazingly easy to prepare appetizer which cannot just escape your guest's attention in any party. The deadly combination of sea scallops and pineapple will get you a lots of compliments for your creativity. - 41.2604
Rumaki has a wonderful taste. The Honey and soy souce gives the Rumaki a two dimensional taste. Must catch it - 33.964
Indian Style Grilled Shrimp
Spicy, crispy, smoky, a perfect Grill Appetizer during summer days. Nothing can beat the taste when they are grilled on open Gas Grill. A perfect recipe for Sea food lovers! - 105.596
Sky High Popovers
In large bowl, beat eggs with milk; stir in flour and salt until blended but still lumpy.
Fill 8 well-greased muffin cups three-quarters full; place on center rack in cold oven.
Set oven at 450Ã‚Â°F (230*C) and bake for 25 minutes.
With skewer, puncture... - 28.4828
Roast Chicken is one of my mom's favorite. The honey and Worcestershire sauce flavored chicken make the roast chicken a perfect recipe for chicken lovers. - 33.6381
Black Bean Kebabs
1. In a large bowl soak the beans covered with cold water overnight and then in a colander rinse the beans well under cold running water.
2. In a large saucepan bring beans covered in fresh water to a boil vigorously for about 10 minutes, then lower... - 46.3723
Grilled Portobella & Asparagus Salad
Not your traditional "salad," these grilled veggies can be served room temp or chilled, as Wegmans Chef Nella Neeck demonstrates. A wonderful spring-summer time recipe celebrating tender asparagus and portobellas. The combination of lemon and barbeque... - 140.285
Caribbean Corned Beef Kabobs
Thinking for a way to pep up your outdoor party, this Caribbean Corned Beef Kabobs can alone make the party happening. Yes, fire up the grill and let your friends take turns in making the Caribbean Corned Beef Kabobs; believe me the fun is great. - 47.2897
Fresh Tomato Cilantro Soup
1. Peel the tomatoes either by skewering one at a time onto a long fork and turning slowly over a gas flame until blistered all over or by dropping into boiling water for 10 seconds and then dipping into cold water. In either case, the skin can then be pulled... - 33.1507
Hot And Spicy Seafood Kabobs
1) In a bowl, add in lemon juice, vegetable oil, onion, garlic, paprika, thyme, oregano, red pepper and black pepper. Mix well.
2) Under cold, running water wash the scallops. Pat them dry.
3) In a durable zip-lock pouch, add in the scallops and... - 47.6264
Swordfish And Fruit Kabobs
Remove skin and bones from fish.
Cut fish into 1-inch pieces.
Place in a plastic bag, then set bag in a bowl.
If using pineapple, drain it, reserving 1/4 cup juice.
For marinade, combine orange juice or reserved pineapple juice, chopped onion, sherry, oil,... - 37.4711
Swordfish And Fruit Kabobs
Remove skin and bones from fish.
Cut fish into 1-inch pieces.
Place in a plastic bag, then set bag in a bowl.
If using pineapple, drain it, reserving 1/4 cup juice.
For marinade, combine orange juice or reserved pineapple juice, chopped onion, sherry, oil,... - 45.1689
Sassy Seafood Tart
1. To prepare the pastry dough, in a mixing bowl, combine flour, poppy seed and salt.
2. Cut shortening into small pieces and add to the flour mixture.
3. With your fingertips, rub the shortening and flour until mixture resembles crumbs.
4. Add... - 44.6622
Fruit-stuffed Rock Cornish Hens
Rinse hens well under cold running water and pat dry.
Grate the zest from the oranges (or peel with a zester) and reserve.
Cut oranges into halves and rub the cut halves over the insides and outsides of the hens, moistening them with the orange juice.
Set... - 43.2844
Hearts Of Palm Beet And Endive Salad
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) Place the beets in aluminum foil and wrap, about 3 to a package.
3) Place the wrappings in the middle of the oven to bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, or until tender when pierced with a skewer or knife... - 50.9075
Gigot A La Cuillere Or Seven Hour Leg Of Lamb
Ask your butcher to remove the bones and fat from a 5-lb. leg of lamb and tie it into a melon shape.
Save the bones.
Also have him split a small veal knuckle.
Marinate the lamb, 6 hours or overnight, in 16 oz. dry white wine, 2 sliced onions, 2 carrots and 1... - 45.6005
Curry Shrimp Cocktail
A spiced twist to an old classic. This Shrimp cocktail is elevated using spiced tiger and white shrimp and is smothered in a homemade tomato cocktail sauce with potatoes, coriander, spinach and served with a lemon wedge. You've never had a shrimp cocktail... - 0
Collard Greens And Black Eyed Pea Soup With Cornmeal Croustades
1. In a large stockpot, place the ham hocks, carrots, celery, parsley and salt. Stick a clove into each onion and add to the pot. Thread the garlic cloves onto toothpicks or short wooden skewers (for easy removal when the soup is done) and add to the pot. Tie... - 43.7713
In skillet, melt 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the butter over medium-high heat; cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until softened.
Using slotted spoon, transfer to large bowl.
Melt remaining butter in skillet; cook chicken livers over medium-high heat for 3 minutes... - 40.8082
Margarita shrimp must have been invented by a margarita and shrimp lover, Put the two together and you've got the "wow" factor.
If you have never tried this you are in for a delicious surprise.
The tequila, triple sec and lime juice combined with garlic and... - 104.533
What is chocolate in comparison to this Pressed Tongue recipe, when it comes to enhancing your mood? The flavor of beef makes this dish all the more appetizing. Treat your friends to this Pressed Tongue and let them know its taste. - 35.6825
Heat chicken livers, onion, water and salt to boiling; reduce heat.
Simmer uncovered until livers are tender, about 15 minutes; drain and cool.
Remove bones and skin from chicken breast; chop chicken.
Place livers, onion, chicken breast and remaining... - 42.3841
Looking for a party food that is easy to make and filling? Whether it is a dressing up or a dressing down party, prawn teriyaki would be a great choice. With this prawn recipe, you can place the seafood on a skewer with pineapples, bell peppers, and onions to... - 49.0005
Herb Roasted Capon
Herb Roasted Capon are tender young capon with parsley flakes, thyme leaves and sage roasted till golden brown. This Herb Roasted Capon is an extremely simple recipe also appetizingly inviting! If you are looking for an easy homemade Chicken recipe, why not... - 38.073