- » Cold Pickled Beet
Cold Pickled Beet Recipes
Enjoy our collection of cold pickled beet recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for cold pickled beet recipes.
Pickled Beets In Spices
Cut tops from the beets but leave 1 inch of stem.
Wash beets and put them in a kettle.
Add water to cover to the depth of 1 inch and salt to taste.
Bring to the boil and cook for 1 to 2 hours depending on size and age of beets, until beets are tender.
Drain;... - 38.7877
1 Gently wash the beets without dmaging the skin
2 In a pan add lightly salted water and cook the beets for about 2 hours or until tender.
3 Peel the beets and cut them into small dices or slice them
4 Store in a jar and cover with cold spiced... - 30.6738
Scrub but do not peel beets.
Cut off the tops 1" from beet.
Boil in salted water until tender, 20-25 minutes.
Drain, reserving 2 cups of the beet water.
Cool under cold water until you can handle them to remove the skins.
Put in cold sterilized jars.
Cool... - 39.7103
Pickled Beets With Raspberry Vinegar And Pearl Onions
1. Trim just a sliver from each end of the onions and peel off the skin. Peel the beets with a swivel-blade vegetable peeler and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
2. In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine the wine with 1/4 cup water. Stir in the sugar, allspice,... - 26.2933
Easy Pickled Beets
Place small beets together in a jar.
Slice the larger ones and also place in a jar.
Pour good quality cold white vinegar on top to completely cover the beets.
Sprinkle into each jar 1 teaspoon (5 mL) or 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of white... - 28.8033
1. Wash beets, and cut off all but 1" of the stems. Leave top root intact.
2. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil and cook until barely tender (20-30 mins. for baby beets).
3. Drain, plunge into cold water, and slip off the skins and stems and roots.
4.... - 32.4902
Old Fashioned Pickled Beets
Trim beets leaving at least 1-in/2.5 cm stems attached.
Place in saucepan and cover with warm water; bring to boil and simmer for 40 minutes or until tender.
Drain and rinse under cold running water.
Using fingers, slip off skins.
Quarter or cut into thick... - 28.6583
1. Leaving on l-to-2-in. stem and the roof end, cut off leaves from beets.
2. Scrub beets thoroughly. Cook in water to cover 30 to 45 min., or until just tender. When beets are tender, drain, reserving liquid in a measuring cup for liquids.
3. Plunge beets... - 27.7428
1. In a large pot, cover the beets with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer until tender, about 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, sterilize two 1-pint preserving jars and their lids.
3. In a small nonreactive... - 27.5848
Cut off all but 2 inches of beet tops.
Leave beets whole with root ends attached.
Heat 6 cups water, 1 tablespoon vinegar and 1 tea spoon salt to boiling.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and cook until tender, 35 to 45 minutes; drain.
Run cold... - 40.9141
Place beets in clean hot jars, cover with hot spiced vinegar, using horse-radish.
Seal jars and let stand for 36 hours before using. - 16.4414
Pickled Beets And Eggs
1. Place the beets in a large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover. Over high heat, bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until tender. Drain the beets and cool. Peel and slice the beets 1/2 inch thick, then place in... - 32.0025
Pickled Beets And Eggs, Cracker Barrel Style
1. Wash beets and trim stocks.
2. In a 2-quart casserole, place beets and add water.
3. Cover the casserole.
4. Cook on High for 12 minutes.
5. Let it stand covered, while making sauce.
6. Drain beets.
7. Slip off skins.
8. In a 2-cup... - 42.3529
Pickled Beets And Onions
1) Drain beets and reserve 1 1/4 cups liquid.
2) Keep beets in 1 1/2 to 2-quart jar.
3) In a medium saucepan mix vinegar, sugar, salt, cloves, peppercorns, bay leaf and reserved liquid.
4) Boil the mixture, decrease heat, and simmer for... - 42.654
Cold Cucumber-beet Soup
Scrub beets and carefully wash greens.
Leave beets whole; do not peel.
Put beets and greens into a kettle with water and salt.
Bring to boiling.
Reduce heat, and cook slowly until tender, about 30 minutes, depending on size of beets.
Drain, reserving... - 41.2933
Choose bright young tender red beets, as nearly the same size as possible.
If some are much larger than others, the larger ones may be cut in halves or quarters after cooking and peeling.
Cut off tops of beets to leave about 2 inches of stems.
Wash carefully... - 27.2654
Scandinavian Pickled Beets
Combine all ingredients except beets with 1/2 cup liquid drained from beets.
Add beets and bring to boil.
For a sweeter pickle, add more sugar.
Serve hot or cold.
Makes 6 servings. - 32.1097
Pickled Beets With Eggs
1. In 2-quart saucepan, place eggs and enough cold water to cover eggs by at least 1 inch; heat to boiling over high heat. Immediately remove from heat and cover tightly; let stand 15 minutes. Pour off hot water; run cold water over eggs to cool. Peel eggs;... - 27.4979
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water and add sugar; stir until dissolved.
Add cold water, vinegar and salt to taste.
Chill until mixture is a soft jelly.
Add beets, horseradish, and onion.
Pour into a mold which has been rinsed with cold water.
Chill. - 34.8404
1. Wash the beetroots well and place in a large saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil, cover and cook for 1 1/2-2 hours, depending on the size.
2. Drain, leave to get cold then rub off the skins and trim off the top and base.
3. Slice the beetroots... - 40.4592
Put eggs in saucepan and cover with cold water.
Set on heat and bring just to a boil.
Cover and remove from heat.
Let stand 20 minutes.
Cool under cold running water and shell.
Pack into a 1-qt. jar.
Combine vinegar, red pepper pods, pickling spice, sugar,... - 40.3189
Herring Stuffed Beets
With small melon scoop, hollow out top of each beet.
Drain and coarsely shred herring and fill each beet with 1/2 teaspoon.
Dot with sour cream and garnish with dillweed sprigs.
Serve cold. - 22.218
Zippy Beet Salad
1. On a serving plate or dish arrange greens to make a bed.
2. In small saucepan soften unflavored gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water, heat and stir over low heat till gelatin is dissolved.
3. To the pickled-beet liquid, add water to make 1... - 37.8451
Blushing Beet Ring Salad
1. Prepare Chicken Macaroni Salad.
2. Drain beets, reserving liquid. Dice beets.
3. Soften unflavored gelatin in the cold water in a large bowl for 1 minute. Add boiling water and lemon gelatin. Stir until gelatin is dissolved; stir in reserved beet liquid,... - 31.6574
Drain beets and reserve juice.
Mix beets with onion, herring and hard-cooked eggs.
Add 3 tablespoons reserved beet liquid and mix gently.
Garnish with sieved yolk.
Serve cold. - 29.4003
Cold Jellied Loaf
1. Place veal, lamb, bay leaf, salt, peppercorns and 1 onion in a large kettle; add enough cold water to cover. Bring to boil; skim surface; cover. Simmer for 1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender and falls away from the bones.
2. Remove meat from bones.... - 32.2867
Beet And Pineapple Salad
Eating healthy…salads are a great way in to bring in the goodness of nature into your diet. This Beet and Pineapple salad recipe is really quick and easy to make and high on taste. Enjoy!! - 43.2169
1. In large saucepan place eggs and pour in cold water almost to cover.
2. Cover pan, heat to bubbling, then simmer 15 to 20 minutes until hard-cooked.
3. Set pan and eggs under cold running water until eggs are cool enough to handle, then shell and... - 36.9185
Place eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water.
Cover the saucepan.
Bring to the boil over high heat.
Remove immediately from the heat.
Let stand 20 minutes.
Cool and peel under cold running water.
Place eggs in a glass container.
Bring the rest of... - 41.18
The Salmagundy is a filling and tasty mixed salad that is perfect for your dinner parties. I prepared this salad for a friends bridal shower and trust me it took everyones eyes off the bride to be for quiet some time!! Trust me, you will love the exquisite... - 45.9326
Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
Arrange lettuce leaves on 6 salad plates or on 1 large tray.
Prepare tangy dressing; set aside.
Peel, pit, and halve avocados; brush all over with lemon juice.
Place 1/2 avocado on each plate.
Fill each half with shrimp; surround filled avocado with... - 33.1602
Mixed Herring Salad
Soak herring for 24 hours in small amount of milk or water; cut into small pieces, reserving a few for garnish.
Combine herring with beet, apples, onions, gherkins and potatoes.
Chop an egg; add to herring mixture with lettuce.
Blend with oil, vinegar and... - 34.8933
Spiced Brisket Of Beef
1) Wipe the boned meat with a clean damp towel. Keep in a large bowl.
2) Rub 1 1/2 cups of the salt on the meat.
3) Cover with a cheesecloth and keep away for a day in lower part of refrigerator or in a cool place.
4) Let stand the beef to... - 45.1961
Dice fillet, potatoes, beets, apples, onion and gherkins.
Blend vinegar, water, sugar and pepper.
Add 1/2 cup whipped cream.
Pour on fillet-potato mixture.
Chill in refrigerator.
Serve garnished with hard-boiled eggs and parsley.
Serve with... - 43.1756
Parisienne Vegetable Aspic
The parisian vegetable aspic is a siple vegetable aspic made with colourful vegetables for a mixed medley. Made with gelatin, mayonnaise, and combined together with stock, the parisian vegetable aspic can be served chilled, as desired. - 41.1734
1. Place eggs in large saucepan; pour in cold water to cover. Cover pan; bring water to boiling, then simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or till hard-cooked. (Do not let the water boil.)
2. Set pan and eggs under cold running water until eggs are cool, then shell;... - 20.6477
Finely chop the drained beets.
Then combine with the canned beet juice, onion, bouillon, and water.
Heat thoroughly (about 5 min.), being ,careful not to boil.
Add the salt and lemon juice.
Pour hot or cold into 4 soup bowls, topping each with 1 tablesp of... - 28.7698
Budget Boiled Dinner
1. Place shoulder roll, brown sugar and pickling spices in a kettle; add water to cover. Cover and simmer for 1 1/4 hours, or until meat is almost tender.
2. While meat cooks, cut leafy tops to within 1 inch of beets. (This helps beets keep their rich color.)... - 30.2012
To make the salad: Soak herring in cold water in bowl for 6 to 8 hours; drain.
Remove skin and bones; cut into small pieces.
Cook potatoes and carrots in salted boiling water in saucepan for 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
Cut into small pieces.
Cook... - 45.3582
Put meat in kettle and add water to cover.
It is better to start with more water and let it cook away than to add water later on.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and continue cooking, skimming occasionally, until meat is half done.
Add diced vegetables, garlic,... - 43.5754