- » Cold Pickled Beet
Cold Pickled Beet Recipes
Enjoy our collection of cold pickled beet recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for cold pickled beet recipes.
Pickled Beets In Spices
Cut tops from the beets but leave 1 inch of stem.
Wash beets and put them in a kettle.
Add water to cover to the depth of 1 inch and salt to taste.
Bring to the boil and cook for 1 to 2 hours depending on size and age of beets, until beets are tender.
Drain;... - 41.4495
1 Gently wash the beets without dmaging the skin
2 In a pan add lightly salted water and cook the beets for about 2 hours or until tender.
3 Peel the beets and cut them into small dices or slice them
4 Store in a jar and cover with cold spiced... - 31.144
Scrub but do not peel beets.
Cut off the tops 1" from beet.Slice
Boil in salted water until tender, 20-25 minutes.
Drain, reserving 2 cups of the beet water.
Cool under cold water until you can handle them to remove the skins.
Put in cold sterilized... - 39.7585
Easy Pickled Beets
Place small beets together in a jar.
Slice the larger ones and also place in a jar.
Pour good quality cold white vinegar on top to completely cover the beets.
Sprinkle into each jar 1 teaspoon (5 mL) or 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of white... - 30.9076
1. Wash beets, and cut off all but 1" of the stems. Leave top root intact.
2. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil and cook until barely tender (20-30 mins. for baby beets).
3. Drain, plunge into cold water, and slip off the skins and stems and roots.
4.... - 34.2982
Old Fashioned Pickled Beets
Trim beets leaving at least 1-in/2.5 cm stems attached.
Place in saucepan and cover with warm water; bring to boil and simmer for 40 minutes or until tender.
Drain and rinse under cold running water.
Using fingers, slip off skins.
Quarter or cut into thick... - 29.8199
1. Leaving on l-to-2-in. stem and the roof end, cut off leaves from beets.
2. Scrub beets thoroughly. Cook in water to cover 30 to 45 min., or until just tender. When beets are tender, drain, reserving liquid in a measuring cup for liquids.
3. Plunge beets... - 29.2234
1. In a large pot, cover the beets with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer until tender, about 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, sterilize two 1-pint preserving jars and their lids.
3. In a small nonreactive... - 27.7323
Pickled Beets With Raspberry Vinegar And Pearl Onions
1. Trim just a sliver from each end of the onions and peel off the skin. Peel the beets with a swivel-blade vegetable peeler and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
2. In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine the wine with 1/4 cup water. Stir in the sugar, allspice,... - 28.855
Scandinavian Pickled Beets
Combine all ingredients except beets with 1/2 cup liquid drained from beets.
Add beets and bring to boil.
For a sweeter pickle, add more sugar.
Serve hot or cold.
Makes 6 servings. - 30.9772
Cut off all but 2 inches of beet tops.
Leave beets whole with root ends attached.
Heat 6 cups water, 1 tablespoon vinegar and 1 tea spoon salt to boiling.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and cook until tender, 35 to 45 minutes; drain.
Run cold... - 43.2422
Pickled Beets And Eggs
1. Place the beets in a large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover. Over high heat, bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until tender. Drain the beets and cool. Peel and slice the beets 1/2 inch thick, then place in... - 32.7844
Pickled Beets And Eggs, Cracker Barrel Style
1. Wash beets and trim stocks.
2. In a 2-quart casserole, place beets and add water.
3. Cover the casserole.
4. Cook on High for 12 minutes.
5. Let it stand covered, while making sauce.
6. Drain beets.
7. Slip off skins.
8. In a 2-cup... - 41.8966
Pickled Beets And Onions
1) Drain beets and reserve 1 1/4 cups liquid.
2) Keep beets in 1 1/2 to 2-quart jar.
3) In a medium saucepan mix vinegar, sugar, salt, cloves, peppercorns, bay leaf and reserved liquid.
4) Boil the mixture, decrease heat, and simmer for... - 42.7659
Cold Cucumber-beet Soup
Scrub beets and carefully wash greens.
Leave beets whole; do not peel.
Put beets and greens into a kettle with water and salt.
Bring to boiling.
Reduce heat, and cook slowly until tender, about 30 minutes, depending on size of beets.
Drain, reserving... - 42.5373
Place beets in clean hot jars, cover with hot spiced vinegar, using horse-radish.
Seal jars and let stand for 36 hours before using. - 17.3427
Choose bright young tender red beets, as nearly the same size as possible.
If some are much larger than others, the larger ones may be cut in halves or quarters after cooking and peeling.
Cut off tops of beets to leave about 2 inches of stems.
Wash carefully... - 28.3966
Pickled Beets With Eggs
1. In 2-quart saucepan, place eggs and enough cold water to cover eggs by at least 1 inch; heat to boiling over high heat. Immediately remove from heat and cover tightly; let stand 15 minutes. Pour off hot water; run cold water over eggs to cool. Peel eggs;... - 28.0051
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water and add sugar; stir until dissolved.
Add cold water, vinegar and salt to taste.
Chill until mixture is a soft jelly.
Add beets, horseradish, and onion.
Pour into a mold which has been rinsed with cold water.
Chill. - 36.9926
1. Wash the beetroots well and place in a large saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil, cover and cook for 1 1/2-2 hours, depending on the size.
2. Drain, leave to get cold then rub off the skins and trim off the top and base.
3. Slice the beetroots... - 41.9024
Put eggs in saucepan and cover with cold water.
Set on heat and bring just to a boil.
Cover and remove from heat.
Let stand 20 minutes.
Cool under cold running water and shell.
Pack into a 1-qt. jar.
Combine vinegar, red pepper pods, pickling spice, sugar,... - 41.0948
1. In a basin, combine the flour, sugar and seasonings.
2. Place the basin over a saucepan or simmering water or double boiler.
3. Add the vinegar to the dry ingredients, stirring constantly to blend well and form a thick sauce.
4. Cook the sauce,... - 39.3998
1)Scrub the beets with a brush leaving root and 1 inch of stem on it.
2)In a large dutch oven place beets and boil it.
3)Further simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender.
4) Let the beets cool by pouring cold water over it.
5)Trim the... - 44.7344
Leave root and 1 inch of stem on beets; scrub with a brush.
Place beets in a large Dutch oven, and add water to cover; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until tender; drain.
Pour cold water over beets, and drain; let... - 34.428
Herring Stuffed Beets
With small melon scoop, hollow out top of each beet.
Drain and coarsely shred herring and fill each beet with 1/2 teaspoon.
Dot with sour cream and garnish with dillweed sprigs.
Serve cold. - 24.6733
Zippy Beet Salad
1. On a serving plate or dish arrange greens to make a bed.
2. In small saucepan soften unflavored gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water, heat and stir over low heat till gelatin is dissolved.
3. To the pickled-beet liquid, add water to make 1... - 37.9448
Blushing Beet Ring Salad
1. Prepare Chicken Macaroni Salad.
2. Drain beets, reserving liquid. Dice beets.
3. Soften unflavored gelatin in the cold water in a large bowl for 1 minute. Add boiling water and lemon gelatin. Stir until gelatin is dissolved; stir in reserved beet liquid,... - 33.1496
Drain beets and reserve juice.
Mix beets with onion, herring and hard-cooked eggs.
Add 3 tablespoons reserved beet liquid and mix gently.
Garnish with sieved yolk.
Serve cold. - 31.0703
Cold Jellied Loaf
1. Place veal, lamb, bay leaf, salt, peppercorns and 1 onion in a large kettle; add enough cold water to cover. Bring to boil; skim surface; cover. Simmer for 1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender and falls away from the bones.
2. Remove meat from bones.... - 33.5253
Beet And Pineapple Salad
Eating healthy…salads are a great way in to bring in the goodness of nature into your diet. This Beet and Pineapple salad recipe is really quick and easy to make and high on taste. Enjoy!! - 43.281
1. In large saucepan place eggs and pour in cold water almost to cover.
2. Cover pan, heat to bubbling, then simmer 15 to 20 minutes until hard-cooked.
3. Set pan and eggs under cold running water until eggs are cool enough to handle, then shell and... - 37.6307
Place eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water.
Cover the saucepan.
Bring to the boil over high heat.
Remove immediately from the heat.
Let stand 20 minutes.
Cool and peel under cold running water.
Place eggs in a glass container.
Bring the rest of... - 41.8077
The Salmagundy is a filling and tasty mixed salad that is perfect for your dinner parties. I prepared this salad for a friends bridal shower and trust me it took everyones eyes off the bride to be for quiet some time!! Trust me, you will love the exquisite... - 47.3747
Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
Arrange lettuce leaves on 6 salad plates or on 1 large tray.
Prepare tangy dressing; set aside.
Peel, pit, and halve avocados; brush all over with lemon juice.
Place 1/2 avocado on each plate.
Fill each half with shrimp; surround filled avocado with... - 34.7247
Mixed Herring Salad
Soak herring for 24 hours in small amount of milk or water; cut into small pieces, reserving a few for garnish.
Combine herring with beet, apples, onions, gherkins and potatoes.
Chop an egg; add to herring mixture with lettuce.
Blend with oil, vinegar and... - 36.4652
Spiced Brisket Of Beef
1) Wipe the boned meat with a clean damp towel. Keep in a large bowl.
2) Rub 1 1/2 cups of the salt on the meat.
3) Cover with a cheesecloth and keep away for a day in lower part of refrigerator or in a cool place.
4) Let stand the beef to... - 45.5827
Dice fillet, potatoes, beets, apples, onion and gherkins.
Blend vinegar, water, sugar and pepper.
Add 1/2 cup whipped cream.
Pour on fillet-potato mixture.
Chill in refrigerator.
Serve garnished with hard-boiled eggs and parsley.
Serve with... - 43.4756
Parisienne Vegetable Aspic
The parisian vegetable aspic is a siple vegetable aspic made with colourful vegetables for a mixed medley. Made with gelatin, mayonnaise, and combined together with stock, the parisian vegetable aspic can be served chilled, as desired. - 43.6923
1. Place eggs in large saucepan; pour in cold water to cover. Cover pan; bring water to boiling, then simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or till hard-cooked. (Do not let the water boil.)
2. Set pan and eggs under cold running water until eggs are cool, then shell;... - 21.9006
Finely chop the drained beets.
Then combine with the canned beet juice, onion, bouillon, and water.
Heat thoroughly (about 5 min.), being ,careful not to boil.
Add the salt and lemon juice.
Pour hot or cold into 4 soup bowls, topping each with 1 tablesp of... - 31.026
Budget Boiled Dinner
1. Place shoulder roll, brown sugar and pickling spices in a kettle; add water to cover. Cover and simmer for 1 1/4 hours, or until meat is almost tender.
2. While meat cooks, cut leafy tops to within 1 inch of beets. (This helps beets keep their rich color.)... - 31.6248
To make the salad: Soak herring in cold water in bowl for 6 to 8 hours; drain.
Remove skin and bones; cut into small pieces.
Cook potatoes and carrots in salted boiling water in saucepan for 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
Cut into small pieces.
Cook... - 44.951
Put meat in kettle and add water to cover.
It is better to start with more water and let it cook away than to add water later on.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and continue cooking, skimming occasionally, until meat is half done.
Add diced vegetables, garlic,... - 45.4593
Herring Salad (sillsalatti)
In separate pots, cook unpeeled beets, carrots, and potatoes until tender.
When vegetables are cool, peel and dice.
In a large bowl, place diced vegetables; add onion and sweet pickles.
Wash salt herring in cold water and remove skin and bones.
Dice... - 35.2911
Soak herring in cold water in bowl for 6 to 8 hours; drain.
Remove skin and bones; cut into small pieces.
Combine herring with beets, apples and cucumbers in bowl; mix gently.
Melt butter in saucepan.
Stir in flour.
Cook for several minutes.
Stir in bouillon,... - 47.058
Russian Macedoine Salad
Rinse and dry kidney beans.
Toss with the next five ingredients.
Cover and chill, at least 2 hours.
At serving time, blot beets with absorbent paper and toss with the salad.
Season to taste.
Line a bowl with crisp salad greens and... - 40.9294
Jellied Cabbage Salad
1. In 1/4 cup cold water soften gelatin and dissolve in 3/4 cup boiling water.
2. Add beet liquid and as it starts setting add cabbage and horseradish.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper and pour into 4 molds.
4. Chill until set, unmold... - 39.9538
Jellied Cabbage Salad
1. Into a pan add 1/4 cup cold water soften gelatin and dissolve in 3/4 cup boiling water.
2. Add beet liquid and when beginning to set, add cabbage and horseradish.
3. With salt and pepper season to taste, pour into 4 molds and chill until... - 35.5375
Roast Beef Platter
1. In small bowl blend butter or margarine with horseradish and spread on bread.
2. On each bread slice, lay 2 slices of beef, overlapping and sprinkle with parsley.
3. On a serving plate arrange each open-face sandwich with a wedge of lettuce, beets... - 37.9876
Prawns And Scallops With Buerre Blanc
Soak lentils for 3 hours in cold water; drain and chop.
Heat olive oil in small skillet.
Add lentils, red onion, gingerroot, coriander, cumin, fennel, hing powder, chopped nori, and cilantro.
Cook until onion is tender.
Cook red and yellow beets separately... - 36.1962
Rub the fish, inside and out, with salt and let it stand for an hour.
Place the whole fish in cold water to cover and bring it to a boil.
Cook the fish slowly uncovered until it is tender.
Remove and drain the fish.
Put the fish on a serving platter and pour... - 29.7733
Scandinavian Herring Salad
Soak herring in cold water for at least 5 hours.
Change water every hour.
Skin herring; cut into small pieces.
Combine herring, beets, potatoes, onions, apple, pickle and walnuts; toss thoroughly.
Combine remaining ingredients; add to herring mix- ture.
Toss... - 39.9101
Bring 1 inch of salted water to boiling in a large saucepan.
Add cauliflower, cover, and cook about 20 minutes, or until just tender; drain.
Place cauliflower, head down, in a deep bowl and pour marinade over it.
Chill several hours or overnight; occasionally... - 39.8304
Chicken Reuben Sandwich
1. To prepare the apple core, peel and cut it into 1/2-inch dice and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Draining the beets, rinse them under cold water, drain them again and pat them dry.
3. Toss the beets together with the apples in the bowl... - 46.1653
Herring And Vegetable Salad
1. Soak the herring overnight in cold water. Drain and dice. Mix carefully with the potatoes, drained beets, apples, onion and gherkin.
2. Blend the vinegar, water, sugar and pepper and add to the herring mixture. Add the whipped cream.
3. Pack the mixture... - 34.289
1) Place the herring in cold water overnight, drain well and chop the herring.
2) Gently mix the herring, potatoes, apples, gherkin, beet, and onion together.
3) Blend the water, sugar, vinegar and pepper together, then stir into the herring mixture.... - 44.0249
Put the pig's head in a wide saucepan (if the half head is too big split it in two) with the shin of beef and all the other ingredients.
Barely cover with cold water and bring gently to the boil.
Simmer for 2 hours.
Lift out the meat and the head and strain... - 41.1404
Jellied Vegetable Salad
1. Chill a 1-quart square or long pan in the refrigerator until the gelatin mixture is ready. Then rinse it with cold water but do not dry it.
2. Soak the gelatin in the cold water, then stir it into the boiling water to dissolve. Add the sugar, lemon juice... - 33.9766
Jellied Pork And Veal Loaf
Trim fat from pork.
Heat pork, veal, 4 cups water, the onion, allspice, cloves, bay leaf, 1 tablespoon salt and the pepper to boiling in Dutch oven; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
Remove meat from broth; cool meat... - 39.0762
Simple New England Boiled Dinner
Wipe off the corned beef, cover with cold water, bring to a boil, and boil 5 min.
Remove scum, then cover and simmer until tender, allowing about 4 hrs.
About 45 min before completion of cooking, skim all excess fat from the meat stock, then add the potatoes,... - 34.0735
Nordic Cobb Salad
1. Cut the roasted beets into 1/4-inch dice.
2. Keep aside.
3. Toss the avocados with the lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
4. Keep aside.
5. In a food processor, combine vinegar, mustard, sugar, and salt.
6. While the machine is still... - 48.2344
Genoese Seafood And Vegetable Salad Platter
Here's a lip smacking Genoese Seafood And Vegetable Salad Platter recipe that you must prepare for your upcoming party. It is the perfect choice for Main Dish and is completely delectable. Genoese Seafood And Vegetable Salad Platter is a must try for all... - 48.674
Do you want to know how to barbecue at home? Try making Barbecued Brisket! This very detailed step-by-step recipe guides you on how to barbecue a brisket at home. This makes the brisket tender and preserves natural moisture. The best part is that this can be... - 88.1503